The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Calling the Ba Sing Se Underground!

ailin
Jul 8, 2008 23:31:45 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Jul 8, 2008 23:31:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Glad you enjoyed the plot twist! I always wanted to find a solid story to put Ai Lin in and this really fits her perfectly. She'll be giving the Underground some trouble. :D

I would say that the antagonists at this point are either Fire Nation military, hired by said military, or Earth Kingdom willing to align with the Fire Nation. Work on what Yuudai's personality and strengths are. Considering how connected he is to Tatsuya's background, and we'll be breaking him out, it'd be easy to work Yuudai in as a hired hand to specifically take him out. Sort of a getting the guy who knows the people in the group the best sort of thing. Vendetta's and all that, they're always fun. ;)

Keep in mind that the prison of Ba Sing Se is primarily designed to hold earthbenders (the majority of it looks like the prison that the Dai Li put Sokka, Toph and the Earth King in during the Crossroads of Destiny). All surfaces are made of metal to avoid earthbending incidents, cells are isolated, so you won't be able to see the person next to you, but you'll be able to hear them I imagine (like Tatsuya trying to communicate with his next cell neighbor ;)). They probably only let the prisoners out for exercise sessions (a bit like the maximum security prison in the Fire Nation), but I'm pretty sure that meals are served in the cells through a small slot (like they did with Long Feng). Just figured that it's good to get a feel for the place. :)
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 9, 2008 20:48:31 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 9, 2008 20:48:31 GMT -6

Ah sorry that i haven't been on, i've been super duper busy and i was at my sisters house for four days, and i can't use her computer so I'm sorry for my delay

By the way nice posting, i liked reading what was going on in the prison and nice post Ai Lin, i enjoyed it, ok so I'm hoping to post tomorrow, i really want to, but i also have to juggle my chores around, but i will be on

Until then, here it's like 10:50 pm, so Good Night =D
This user is a former member
malik
Jul 11, 2008 10:07:51 GMT -6

Post by malik on Jul 11, 2008 10:07:51 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
So I was Just wondering when it would be a good time to introduce Yuudai? Should I bring him to the shop? Or would it be better until after the jailbreak, you know to Bolster Salak''s ranks ? Sorry for the short post but its the only thing that I really wanted to ask. >.>
This user is a guest
ailin
Jul 11, 2008 15:04:58 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Jul 11, 2008 15:04:58 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Thanks, Shuai! :)

Karanbir, I would wait until the introduction of Underground in the prison to bring in Yuudai. I feel that it would be a bit more dramatic to at least save the introduction of one villain until then. Since most of the Underground will be posing as soldiers/guards, it could be an interesting and intense encounter to have them deal with someone like him then. Actually, I do really like the idea of some intense moments with the Underground trying to pass for soldiers and being under the scrutiny of the antagonists. It would be fun. :)
This user is a guest
Last edit by ailin: Jul 11, 2008 15:07:05 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 11, 2008 17:25:06 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 11, 2008 17:25:06 GMT -6

Ok so my post is up, it might be long, but i hope it's ok. I wanted to at least write about Shuai meeting her aunt, i think it's pretty cute =D So i was hoping i could run this through my head once more just so that i know....

For the plan Shuai, Jen and Yulan, we are going to go by as prisoners in the jail? Like we are going to be taken to the prison right? I just want to make sure, I'm a little fuzzy on the plan, it would be great if we could all go over it =D

And no problem Ai Lin =D
ailin
Jul 11, 2008 20:57:35 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Jul 11, 2008 20:57:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Long is just fine, Shuai! I thought it was a pretty cute story myself. :)

For the plan:

Shuai, Jen and Yulan will be posing as prisoners, brought in be the rest of the Underground sporting stolen uniforms. This will get everyone access to the prison without giving away that there are intruders. From there the 'Prisoner Team' will locate Jen's brother Tao-Lei (probably during an exercise session) and any other potential Underground members while the 'Guard Team' will be doing internal sabotage. Locating the armory will probably be one of their goals, in addition to any defense systems the prisons might have, and the more maximum security cells holding important prisoners.

The 'Prisoner Team' will be responsible for spreading the word with those sympathetic to the Underground cause about the impending prison riot while the 'Guard Team' will be responsible for ensuring the trigger for it to happen. The groups will rejoin during the prison riot.

Next step: ?

Last step: profit!

No, seriously, the plan only goes as far as the prison riot. The Underground will escape with its new recruits in the end, but not without having to face off against Salak and his elite team first. This will allow the antagonists to get a good idea of who they're gonna be facing off against for the long term. :)

Some details are subject to change in the RP for maximum awesomeness. ;) I hope this helps a bit, Shuai.
This user is a guest
toru
Jul 19, 2008 5:28:44 GMT -6

Post by toru on Jul 19, 2008 5:28:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'm back, sorry for my camp : (
Looks like you guys have made good progress, is it alright if I pop right next to Ai Lin while she puts on her armor?

And if I do, do I already have my armor or do we need another guard.
This user is a guest
ryuzaku
Jul 19, 2008 7:53:52 GMT -6

Post by ryuzaku on Jul 19, 2008 7:53:52 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
If you guys are in need of anymore people, i'm working on a firebender and an earth bender right now. If you even have need of another person, great, if not, oh well i can catch the next rp plot ^^.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 19, 2008 9:22:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 19, 2008 9:22:08 GMT -6

toru Avatar
I'm back, sorry for my camp : (
Looks like you guys have made good progress, is it alright if I pop right next to Ai Lin while she puts on her armor?

And if I do, do I already have my armor or do we need another guard.

Yay Toru is back *celebrates and throws confetti*

Sorry i guess that was your welcome back confetti throwing =D

And yes Ai LIn that does help, it helps a ton, thank you =D
ailin
Jul 19, 2008 16:46:47 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Jul 19, 2008 16:46:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
You mean Suki, right Toru? Because now that Ai Lin, as a character, is in the RP, people are gonna have to be specific as to who they're referring to. ;) In that case, sure, you could be putting on your armor. The general idea was that Suki went to do some soldier butt-kicking and grabbed a few uniforms (I wanted to speed up the process).

Also, welcome back, Toru!

Ryuzaku, my general policy right now is to hold off on anyone jumping into the RP until after the first mission is finished. With how close we are to getting to the prison, I feel that introducing anyone right at this moment would slow things down. But this is a long term RP, so there will be new missions after this one. The upside is that this'll give you enough time to finish both your characters and have them approved and go through prompt exemptions. :)

Note to everyone: I'll be sure to post tomorrow. I'm just a little distracted by the Series Finale. XD
This user is a guest
malik
Jul 19, 2008 17:18:18 GMT -6

Post by malik on Jul 19, 2008 17:18:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hey everybody =) Doubt you noticed that i was missing but I was >.> Now I am back! so time to go read up on all that has unfolded!
This user is a guest
yulan
Jul 20, 2008 3:28:16 GMT -6

Post by yulan on Jul 20, 2008 3:28:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yeah, distractions. >> I'm really, really sorry for the wait. I've had major writer's block and drowning myself in Neverwinter Nights didn't help, nor did almost frying my laptop playing the aforementioned game (even though I met the minimum system reqs *grumblegrumble*).

I'll get a post up ASAP too, probably tomorrow while the finale buzz is still fresh. :)

Hello to everyone who's joining us. :D

Since I'm not sure who went with Mahone to the blacksmith, I'm just going to vaguely hint that their group did what they needed to and broke up for the day.
This user is a guest
jiao
Jul 21, 2008 11:18:37 GMT -6

Post by jiao on Jul 21, 2008 11:18:37 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Np Yulan,

After my friend passed away, I lost motivation on writing for a bit. (I guess it hit me harder then I thought.) After a few week of soul searching, :) I back. I was suppose to go to the blacksmith with you, so whenever you are up I'll be taging along with you. I'm about to put a post up as a filler until you are ready to do so.
This user is a guest
yulan
Jul 21, 2008 13:54:37 GMT -6

Post by yulan on Jul 21, 2008 13:54:37 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'm terribly sorry to hear that. It would hit anyone hard, but I'm glad you're back with us again. :)

From what I understand, we're time-skipping to right before the prison break. Suki and Shuai are already back at headquarters waiting for the rest of us.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2008 13:59:04 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2008 13:59:04 GMT -6

Welcome back Jen *hugs* I've missed you, and I'm glad that you're feeling better. I was the same when my mom passed, all in due time life will be ok.

^ Oh and yes, Shuai and Suki are at HQ and Shuai can't wait till everyone gets back. =D

Me soo happy that everyone is here now =D
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2008 12:34:36 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2008 12:34:36 GMT -6

*cough*cough* Is it an underground resistance in the great city of Ba Sing Se that is being organized here ?

OK, I know you guys have actually gone far in your plot, but I'd like to be in with the use of my char, Joychi. He's a great Earthbender and used to be part of the Earth Kingdom army of Ba Sing Se. And he can do all types of mission (except killing). So let me know whenever I can pop in (if you accept me first, that is). I'll be in Ba Sing Se anyway (not really inside, but in the land between the Outer and the Inner Wall).
pago
Jul 22, 2008 12:48:08 GMT -6

Post by pago on Jul 22, 2008 12:48:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
My earthbender Pago would join too if your not too far along already. Technically i cant use him in RPing until i finish the prompt stuff, so just a heads up that eventually he will want to be a part of it. =)
This user is a guest
jiao
Jul 22, 2008 17:49:50 GMT -6

Post by jiao on Jul 22, 2008 17:49:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. It really means a lot ot me. I'm glad to be back. Well I put my post up and Jen brought something back with her. Hehe Can she keep it? The puppy not the guard. :)

Jen is now back at the Head Quarters where she has a kind of a big surprise. I hope it won't cause any problems.
This user is a guest
Last edit by ailin: Jul 22, 2008 17:50:17 GMT -6
malik
Jul 22, 2008 18:23:49 GMT -6

Post by malik on Jul 22, 2008 18:23:49 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Oh welcome back Jen =) sorry to hear about your loss though =( Well I read your post and I thought it was pretty interesting =D looks like Jen packs a little bit more punch then I thought =) But I just wanted to ask Ai Lin if It was alright that I start a prison riot >.> You know once all of resistance is in the prison, lets just say Rin and Tatsuya are in the recreational area, and a riot ensues? You know just to spice things up!
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2008 20:13:58 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2008 20:13:58 GMT -6

jiao Avatar
Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. It really means a lot ot me. I'm glad to be back. Well I put my post up and Jen brought something back with her. Hehe Can she keep it? The puppy not the guard. :)

Jen is now back at the Head Quarters where she has a kind of a big surprise. I hope it won't cause any problems.

Ahhh!! Jen!! You brought a puppy!! So cute =D

Now what are we to do with that idiot guard? Man this is going to be a tough one. I'll wait till someone else posts i have no idea how to answer that =D And ooo prison riot sounds cool Karanbir, but should we hold off the riot until Jen, Yulan and Shuai come in as prisoners?