Previously, on Avatar...
Plot Update 14 Aug 2020
Long ago, the Four Nations lived in harmony; then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them. But when the world needed him the most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother and I found the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang, and although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he saves anybody. But I believe Aang can save the world … Read more ›
Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
The Avatar RP (TARP) is a chill roleplaying community that welcomes all folks interested in a canon Avatar: the Last Airbender roleplay. The internet can be a rough place (especially for people of colour, disabled folks, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and anyone that is female-aligned) so we hope TARP can be a little slice of online space that folks can call home.
- Treat others with respect, kindness, and compassion At the end of the day, we're all here because we want to ATLA and chill, so let's keep the community full of good vibes.
- Don't discuss hot-button issues. These things are definitely important, but we don't have the capacity to provide the moderation and nuance these conversations deserve.
- Here on TARP we default to trust. This means we'll keep rules to a minimum and trust that you'll follow this code of conduct, use your common sense, lead by example, and take care of the newbies.
- Keep content safe for work and appropriate for all players; this includes usernames, icons, the OOC content you share, as well as your in-character posts. Don't embarrass Uncle Iroh with your content!
- Be tiltproof! If things get heated, don't engage; step back and take a break instead. Of course, we don't allow toxicity. If something is particularly feelsbad, please reach out to staff via PM so we can help!
- Drawing inspiration (even if it's heavy) from other sources is 100% A-OK, but please don't plagiarise! Taking someone else's work in its entirety is not only big yikes, but can land TARP in hot water. Let's not cross that line.
- You'll need an OOC account as well as a separate account for each character. If this is your first time using ProBoards' global account system, check out our documentation: How To: Multiple Accounts.
- Please use a 2D illustrated image to depict your character. Screenshots, comic panels, 2D things you drew yourself, all fair game. Duplicate claims are allowed too. Just avoid 3D and RL claims and we're gucci.
- We do Canon Apps a little differently here! TL:DR; we just want a short, 1-2 paragraph RP sample of your average work. Be sure to check out the full details in the Canon App Guide.
- OC Apps are also done a little differently on TARP. Check out the OC App Guide for the details, but TL:DR; they're short, we don't ask for an RP sample, and you can put it all right in the OC account's user profile.
Make whatever OCs you want to make, as long as you're reasonable about it! We only have four things for you to keep in mind:
- Sorry, no airbenders! Aang is really the last one.
- Eye colours should match the character's heritage or (if a bender) bending ability.
- Unnatural hair colours and non-human traits are man-made (e.g.: hair dye, costume pieces).
- If you decide to make an OC with ties to canon characters, keep it limited to non-romantic, non-familial relationships.
- We encourage and celebrate diverse characters and diverse backstories, especially those that draw from other non-Asian POC backgrounds. When writing content with real-world parallels and connections, please do with sensitivity and respect.
- Write the way you like! There are no length or style requirements. Just make sure you're collaborating with your partner(s) and giving them content to work with.
- Write collaboratively! Talk plots over, don't try to dominate the plot, and make sure everyone who is participating is able to get their chance to tell their character's story.
- This theme is designed with user accessibility in mind. Please don't change the text colour, decrease or increase the font size, or use "posting templates". Thank you!