The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Calling the Ba Sing Se Underground!

ailin
Jun 25, 2008 16:47:03 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Jun 25, 2008 16:47:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Okay, so we've reached a point where the Underground is splitting off to do some last minute preparations before the mission. If you guys want to RP that out, that's fine with me. For Suki's part, I'll jump back in when you're done.

Of course, if you all just want to time skip, that's cool too. Just let me know what you guys want to do. While everyone is off doing their own thing, I was thinking Suki and Toru could see about 'appropriating' some of the uniforms.

I am really looking forward to getting to the prison and having our first confrontation with the antagonists. Should be lots of fun. :D
This user is a guest
malik
Jun 25, 2008 16:57:57 GMT -6

Post by malik on Jun 25, 2008 16:57:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Just wondering o.o can you still join this little organization ? I wanted to add my character Tatsuya to the cast of underground =D and also add an antagonist which I am in the process of creating... So yeah is it ok if i join =)?

Tatsuya is a swordsman who was taught how to fight by his adopted father in a school found in the northern mountains of the earth kingdom. He is definitively a good fighter, but not the best! His fighting style emphasizes on strength and aggression in the sense that the best defense is a great offense (which as you would probably know isn't very wise o.o). Well his old life was ruined by the fire nation and he wondered a bit until he found himself living in Ba Sing Se, so with the whole fire nation taking over and this cool group i thought it would be a good Idea to mix him into it =) if its allowed of course...

As for the antagonist character i planned on adding, His name is Yuudai, and he is Tatsuya's old friend from the school, but he kind of defected to the Fire Nation, and Tatsuya is trying to get stronger so he can kill him. I thought this little plot would be a great way to bring them together =D and have them duke it out, while also trying to save Ba Sing Se =) So yeah... I know its late, but i've been keeping up with the developments. So can I please join @.@ ?
This user is a guest
Last edit by malik: Jun 25, 2008 17:50:00 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jun 25, 2008 19:58:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 25, 2008 19:58:44 GMT -6

ailin Avatar
Okay, so we've reached a point where the Underground is splitting off to do some last minute preparations before the mission. If you guys want to RP that out, that's fine with me. For Suki's part, I'll jump back in when you're done.

Of course, if you all just want to time skip, that's cool too. Just let me know what you guys want to do. While everyone is off doing their own thing, I was thinking Suki and Toru could see about 'appropriating' some of the uniforms.

I am really looking forward to getting to the prison and having our first confrontation with the antagonists. Should be lots of fun. :D

If anything i would love to skip time, sorry if that's just me =D

That way i don't have to post how confused Shuai was trying to find her family, but i mean if everyone else wants to Rp everything out, then i'll do that. I'll just go with the flow i guess ;D
This user is a former member
yulan
Jun 25, 2008 20:15:00 GMT -6

Post by yulan on Jun 25, 2008 20:15:00 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'd rather timeskip as well. Finding a smithy and getting weapons isn't so important that it needs to be RPed, I think. :) And there's plenty of time left for character interactions.
This user is a guest
ailin
Jun 25, 2008 20:16:27 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Jun 25, 2008 20:16:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
That's fine, Shuai. If the group going to the smithy want to RP it out, we can jump in when they're finished. Or, if they want, they can choose to RP it out privately through PMs. I am partial to the time skip because I'm itching to get all the characters involved (as they are too, I imagine!). But hey, there are options. :)

Karanbir, your characters are welcome to join up as soon as their profiles are all finished. ^_^ I like having a wide range (and goodness knows that I don't want the antagonists outnumbered severely) of characters in the RP, especially with story arcs in mind already. A wide roster also ensures that the RP doesn't lose all its steam as constant members are not always waiting on one character to continue.

With how the RP is happening at the moment, it is possible to slip Tatsuya in while some of the members are off getting ready. It can be RPed into the time shift, unless you'd really like to RP the introduction. Another option for you is to be one of those that are broken out of the prison.

You have a bit more time to get Yuudai ready since most of the antagonists won't be introduced until the Underground starts making trouble in the prison. Salak (for those who might not have seen), one of the main antagonists, is seeking a meeting with an assassin, so antagonists can be introduced beforehand if it fits in.

Edit: Okay, looks likely we'll just do the time skip (since I didn't see Yulan's post until I was done). Suki will just make mention of the Fire Nation armor she and Toru get while the others are away. :)
This user is a guest
Last edit by malik: Jun 25, 2008 20:17:48 GMT -6
toru
Jun 26, 2008 20:10:51 GMT -6

Post by toru on Jun 26, 2008 20:10:51 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Erm, I might as well notify you guys of my absence.
On the 29th of June I will be leaving for a camp until July 18th :(
I'm sorry it's so inconvenient in the timing cause we JUST started our little plan.
If you'd like someone can NPC me :(
This user is a guest
ailin
Jun 26, 2008 20:36:34 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Jun 26, 2008 20:36:34 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Sorry to hear that you gotta go now, but I hope you have fun at camp, Toru! :) We can do the tried and true method that's happened at every tabletop RPG I've ever done: those that are missing just fade into the background. They'll still be there, but they don't get involved.
This user is a guest
toru
Jun 27, 2008 7:39:54 GMT -6

Post by toru on Jun 27, 2008 7:39:54 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Aw man I'm gonna miss this so much :( The invasion of the prison sounds like so much fun, stupid camp...

Well promise me that we can go knock some firebender heads when i get back :)
I've been brainstorming with my 2 watt brain
1.) Now that we have more members we could simply ambush more patrol groups to get supplies from sentries
2.) We could go vandalize and destroy sentry posts... and in the process get caught and lose a member or a few to the fire nation, in which we employ the Dai Lee to help us get them back.
2.) I dunno if we could do anything as big as the prison break in... but with the help of the Dai Lee I think we could go tear down construction sites for the Fire Nation's metal monstrosities.

Dunno, just thoughts.
This user is a guest
tinungcha
Jun 27, 2008 9:31:13 GMT -6

Post by tinungcha on Jun 27, 2008 9:31:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
err... Aren't the Dai Li working for the Fire Nation? Or did I misunderstand your post? ^_^;

The problem (Tactically) with ransacking sentry posts and stealing armor... is that it's not terribly inconspicuous. I'm sure the guards would be -looking- for people wearing armor that looked out of place and institute some kind of code word to root out the intruders.

Just adding my two cents. Ignore it if you like.

The easiest, and probably least conspicuous place to get armor would be from... the armory, or from a shipment of equipment coming via caravan into the city. A Hijacked caravan that 'doesn't' go missing (Goes through the gates and what-not even if under OUR control) won't raise any suspicions. At least, not until too late.

Anyway.. the whole point to this post was for me to say : I vote for Timeskip too! Shen-Zhu's been rotting in that prison for a while and with nowhere to post, he's been quietly waiting for something to happen. ^_^ I'm eager to get involved.

Can't wait to see what happens.
This user is a guest
ailin
Jun 27, 2008 13:50:15 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Jun 27, 2008 13:50:15 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
We're gonna go with the time skip. More of us prefer to get right to the action, so anything people want to mention about their time during the time skip they can just write into their next post.

Ti-Nung-Cha does have a point about a caravan would probably be the most inconspicuous way to get all the uniforms necessary, as long as they took over the exact same route to not arouse suspicion. That probably wouldn't work in conjunction with the prisoner plan, though, since most caravans don't concern themselves with that. Another route I was planning on was sort of the "Star Wars" route of jumping a patrol and essentially taking their route back to the prison. There is at least one variety of Fire Nation uniform that covers the entire face (they were seen more in the first season, but I think are generally used to signify firebending soldiers as opposed to non-benders), and those would be the best ones to go after. It'd be much harder to scrutinize the patrol if their faces are totally obscured. ;) We don't have to worry too much, though; if Sokka can get into the most heavily guarded prison in the Fire Nation, we should be able to get into Ba Sing Se's. XD

Because I'm itching for a little action, I'd like to jump a patrol. That said, I think jumping caravans of supplies for Fire Nation soldiers would be a nifty way to stick it to the Fire Nation Man, so to speak. It's something to keep in mind after we've done the break out. :)

For clarification, the Dai Li are currently under the employ of the Fire Nation. Azula's show of power was enough to make them switch their allegiance. They are definitely not our allies right now. Those guys are kind of jerks, really. :P
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 27, 2008 16:59:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 27, 2008 16:59:05 GMT -6

ailin Avatar
We're gonna go with the time skip. More of us prefer to get right to the action, so anything people want to mention about their time during the time skip they can just write into their next post.

Ti-Nung-Cha does have a point about a caravan would probably be the most inconspicuous way to get all the uniforms necessary, as long as they took over the exact same route to not arouse suspicion. That probably wouldn't work in conjunction with the prisoner plan, though, since most caravans don't concern themselves with that. Another route I was planning on was sort of the "Star Wars" route of jumping a patrol and essentially taking their route back to the prison. There is at least one variety of Fire Nation uniform that covers the entire face (they were seen more in the first season, but I think are generally used to signify firebending soldiers as opposed to non-benders), and those would be the best ones to go after. It'd be much harder to scrutinize the patrol if their faces are totally obscured. ;) We don't have to worry too much, though; if Sokka can get into the most heavily guarded prison in the Fire Nation, we should be able to get into Ba Sing Se's. XD

Because I'm itching for a little action, I'd like to jump a patrol. That said, I think jumping caravans of supplies for Fire Nation soldiers would be a nifty way to stick it to the Fire Nation Man, so to speak. It's something to keep in mind after we've done the break out. :)

For clarification, the Dai Li are currently under the employ of the Fire Nation. Azula's show of power was enough to make them switch their allegiance. They are definitely not our allies right now. Those guys are kind of jerks, really. :P

So we are going with the timeshift, that's good. Now i just need to think about what to post ;D Oh and so we have the Fire Nation to deal with and the Dai Li, this is going to be one heck of a plot ;D

And I'll miss you Toru!
This user is a former member
malik
Jun 28, 2008 16:10:46 GMT -6

Post by malik on Jun 28, 2008 16:10:46 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well I was just wondering when this was going to start O.O
This user is a guest
ailin
Jun 29, 2008 22:20:11 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Jun 29, 2008 22:20:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, the Underground has settled on a plan, and we're going to time shift to the beginning of undertaking it. I can't say for sure how many days it'll take to get to the prison. I'd like to keep things rolling as fast as possible. That said, I won't rush people, and they'll post as soon as they're able. Just keep an eye on the Ba Sing Se thread and we'll be there pretty soon.

Believe me, I'm anxious to get to the prison. There are some plans I'm really looking forward to enacting. :)
This user is a guest
malik
Jul 5, 2008 13:50:05 GMT -6

Post by malik on Jul 5, 2008 13:50:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I was just wondering If maybe everyone is waiting for someone to post so that they can start? If that be the case I will post my character's intro to the plot! Pretty much him sitting in jail and thinking about how he got there. Is that ok?
This user is a guest
ailin
Jul 6, 2008 21:03:51 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Jul 6, 2008 21:03:51 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I don't think people are waiting for each other to post, it seems more of a case of people being busy at the moment. For those in the US, I'm sure a bunch have been busy with 4th of July stuff. I had an involved weekend myself. Some people are away at the moment, Toru has camp, so there's a lot of reasons.

That said, if you want to post your character stewing in jail, Karanbir, feel free to do so. We will be getting to the jail soon. I'll probably be posting a time-shifted Suki in the next day or two.
This user is a guest
jiro
Jul 7, 2008 12:26:47 GMT -6

Post by jiro on Jul 7, 2008 12:26:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Would it be okay if they rescued my character Rin from jail? I know this is short notice, but she is an okay earth bender, and very charismatic so she would make an excellent spy-like person.

p.s. Sorry the post isn't 300 characters.
This user is a guest
ailin
Jul 7, 2008 16:24:05 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Jul 7, 2008 16:24:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
It's not too short notice, Jiro! Since we haven't officially gotten to the prison yet, there's still some room for more people to break out. I think Rin would be a very interesting addition to the Underground. She's quirky, and that's interesting. I also feel that having more people to break out as opposed to NPCs to break out makes the Underground much more of a threat. We'll give the Fire Nation a run for their money, that's for sure. :)
This user is a guest
jiro
Jul 8, 2008 4:04:59 GMT -6

Post by jiro on Jul 8, 2008 4:04:59 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Definitely and thank-you, I wish I could say more, but... yeah so sorry again for the too short post.
This user is a guest
malik
Jul 8, 2008 21:29:41 GMT -6

Post by malik on Jul 8, 2008 21:29:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Oh O.O! Ailin is a prison gaurd!!! Oh that is just great! Well I guess i should start finalizing my Evil character soon >D well I'll get to work on that... Hey Ai Lin! I was wondering if he could be like a spy/assassin type who is employed by the Fire Nation or something along those lines o.o? Or like an intelligence officer... Oh right>.> Umm Jiro I kinda made Tatsuya (character in prison) talk to a cell opposite to his, i was kinda hoping the person across from him would be Rin? you know just kind of to pass the time? If not I can just say that no one was there... that would be fine. Oh so off to work on my character Yuudai!
This user is a guest
Last edit by malik: Jul 8, 2008 21:32:12 GMT -6
jiro
Jul 8, 2008 23:08:23 GMT -6

Post by jiro on Jul 8, 2008 23:08:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Of course it is okay! It'll be fun to see how the two of them will interact, but sorry if you mind Rin flirting with your character it's kinda of her nature... Though don't worry she'll stop as soon as Tatsuya starts talking about escape and stuff.

p.s. Again I am very sorry for the short post.
This user is a guest