The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Calling the Ba Sing Se Underground!

ailin
Apr 23, 2008 23:41:15 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Apr 23, 2008 23:41:15 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ba Sing Se has been conquered by the Fire Nation! The Dai Li, once just a whispered threat in the Lower Ring, and hailed as cultural protectors of the entire city, have pledged their loyalty to the enemy. Now Fire Nation soldiers are pouring into the last safe city and danger lurks for those who are not allied with them.

Does that mean that the citizens of Ba Sing Se are helpless in the face of the enemy? No! There are those that wish to turn back the tide, send the Fire Nation back where they came from, and reclaim the capital of the Earth Kingdom.

Now that I have dispensed with the prose, let me get more to the point: Suki, the leader of the Kyoshi Warriors, was visiting Ba Sing Se when it was taken over. This development forced her from the house that had been lent to her in the Middle Ring and into hiding in the Lower Ring. It is from the Lower Ring where she intends to find allies, gather her own underground force, and find ways to take back the city.

Those who are interested in the Ba Sing Se Underground can join up here! We are looking for anyone who wants to get rid of the Fire Nation and clear Ba Sing Se of the corruption that led to its downfall. Benders and non-benders alike are welcome, young or old, any skill level!

It would also be great if there are any Fire Nation soldiers or affiliated peoples who would like to play the part of antagonist in this RP. Those from the Ba Sing Se government and have pledged their loyalty to the new Fire Nation rule are just dandy too.

Have questions? Talk about it here.

The Story Thus Far:

The Underground is about to undertake their first mission: sneaking into Ba Sing Se's prison with the intent to bolster their ranks and sabotage the Fire Nation's establishment there. They have readied themselves with disguises and a lucky story to back them up.

Salak, a Fire Navy official working with the newly established government, has gained the aid of assassin Zarah and the young soldier Ai Lin. While their meeting is overheard by Xing Fei, he has yet to act on his information. They're not all so keen on getting along, though. Both the assassin and the soldier have questioned the commander's methods, and Ai Lin's place on the team is dependent on her fighting skills in a match against Salak.

Prisoners Tetsuya and Rin want out of the jail as soon as they can, not knowing that help is on the way. They are overheard by Shen-Zhu, a mysterious fellow who may be able to lend them some assistance.

Joychi, wanting to find out what happened to his troops, sneaks into the city disguised as a Fire Nation soldier. When he is confronted by an actual Fire Nation soldier in the Middle Ring, some fast talking gets him heading off to the prison in the Upper Ring before the soldier is able to go after him. His disguise doesn't fool all the soldiers, however, and Joychi is forced to surrender when faced with overwhelming numbers of soldiers.

Outside of Ba Sing Se, after helping fend off an Earth Kingdom resistance Yoshinori recruits the young firebender Michiko (despite a rocky first meeting). Once settling things with the resistance, Yoshinori, Michiko and his team head off for the city. Though Michiko is injured during the trip, the group manages to arrive at the royal prison. Yoshinori soon is put to work quelling the sudden escape attempts.

Wanting to strike against the new establishment in Ba Sing Se, Auka formulates a plan of his own, attempting an ambush on an intoxicated Dai Li agent. This doesn't go as well as he'd like, and even with the assistance of passing by fellow waterbender Suigetsu, the two get apprehended and taken away to the prison. Not content to waste their days away there, the two quickly set on finding a way out. Though they make some progress, some unfortunate mishaps hinder them, including Suigetsu being interrogated by Yuudai, an official working for the Fire Nation.

The combination of luck and disguises allows the Underground access into the prison, where Yulan, Shuai and Jen-jiao are immediately separated from their disguised cohorts and taken to their own cells. There, Jen finds support in fellow new prisoner Joychi, though an escape attempt on his part becomes increasingly problematic, facing off against Yoshinori, even with the assistance of Auka who used the fight to escape the guards. Shuai finds another bit of luck on her side, as her cell ends up next to one specific prisoner they were looking for: Jen's brother Tao-Lei. Suki, Mahone and Toru take to finding the maximum security wing first, and a very particular prisoner that could give them the edge they need...Long Feng

The Earth Kingdom can not be defeated! ;)

Edit:

For clarity, I'm going to list who has joined up thus far. Currently broken down into who is in the Underground and who will be once we get to the prison.

The Underground Cast:
Suki
Toru
Shuai
Jen-jiao
Yulan
Mahone (played by Yulan)

Underground Recruited at Prison
Shen-Zhu (played by Ti-Nung-Cha)
Tatsuya Nakano (played by Karanbir)
Joychi
Auka
Suigetsu

Antagonist Cast:
Salak (played by Oyushi)
Zarah
Ai Lin
Yuudai (played by Karanbir)
Yoshinori (played by Karanbir)
Michiko (played by Shuai)
This user is a guest
Last edit by ailin: Oct 22, 2008 21:25:16 GMT -6
Anonymous
May 1, 2008 19:05:50 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 1, 2008 19:05:50 GMT -6

Shuai will join the Underground! :D

Currently she is in the Northern Water Tribe, but she will be leaving soon with her best friend Jen (played by Jen-jiao)

I also have a question, Shuai will be leaving due to a letter her Uncle sends her, may he be allowed to mention that he has heard some rumors of an alliance trying to rid Ba Sing Se of the Fire Nation?

Also like i mentioned before, just want to restate so other will see Ai Lin :D There will be a meeting of the alliance where, and where should we go (post), and anyone who will fight for the cause may join in?
This user is a former member
jiao
May 1, 2008 19:12:50 GMT -6

Post by jiao on May 1, 2008 19:12:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Jen-Jiao will join up too... Currently Jen is in the northern water tribe with her best friend Shuai. I'm my last post I'm setting up the stage so that Jen has a reason to leave and travel to Ba sing Se. Jen's brother is also will be missing in action in Ba Sing Se. So this will give Jen a reason to join the underground.
This user is a guest
ailin
May 1, 2008 21:24:58 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 1, 2008 21:24:58 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Great! It's wonderful that you guys want to join up. :D

To answer your question, Shuai, there shouldn't be a problem with your uncle hearing rumors about the Underground as long at the timeline works out. Suki has been trying to spread the word since the three week time-shift that there are people willing to stand up, so Earth Kingdom sympathetic people could most definitely overhear rumors. Once you guys get to Ba Sing Se, a little searching in the Lower Ring would get you guys a location to join up.

Note to All: I will leave initial sign up open until Monday May 12th to give people time to RP getting to Ba Sing Se if they aren't already there. After that the RP will start with a first "get to know you" meeting in the Underground HQ in the Lower Ring, located on an out of the way alley next to a boarding house. Membership will still be open after that point and will be RP-ed in as the story allows.

Please do join, everyone! The more the merrier! :D
This user is a guest
oyushi
May 1, 2008 22:00:36 GMT -6

Post by oyushi on May 1, 2008 22:00:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
My charrie Salak would be happy to be a fire nation antaonist. that's what i created him for, just a straight out bad guy to plague the good guys throughout their rps. He is a fire nation defectee hunter. He basically tracks down the hoards of reformed fire benders, but this time he can make an exception on royal orders. He would most likely try to hunt down and kill or capture their leader, Suki I'm presuming is leading it. So I'll get him to attack her at some point and then it's up to you what you want to happen. He can cpature her and then she can be busted out, or he can be defeated, in which case your people could capture him or he could escape, either way i don't mind. PM me whenever is best for him to attack.

Also Oyushi may turn up later, he's otherwise engaged presently.
This user is a guest
Last edit by ailin: May 1, 2008 22:04:32 GMT -6
ailin
May 3, 2008 17:55:13 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 3, 2008 17:55:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
That's awesome, Oyushi! We definitely need a character like Salak.

You are correct in assuming that Suki is the official leader of the Underground, and she is making it her mission to restore Ba Sing Se to Earth Kingdom territory. Her priority now is gathering intel on important Earth Kingdom prisoners, and finding out ways of breaking them out. It's a high goal considering, but Suki aims high. The payoff will be entirely worth the risk. An encounter with Salak during their first mission will put a definite face to the enemy in this situation.

When things start up, you'll be able to jump right on in. :)
This user is a guest
yulan
May 4, 2008 2:09:53 GMT -6

Post by yulan on May 4, 2008 2:09:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Though I'm kind of hesitant about it, I'll pitch Yulan in for this. I've had her do nothing but wander aimlessly since the day I made her, and this sort of organization sounds like a great way to really explore the boundaries of her character. While she's armed with naught but a wooden sword and isn't that valuable in a fight, she'll find some way to at least help with the intel. If nothing else, she certainly hates the Fire Nation enough to get involved. ;)

I'm also willing to help with NPCs, if you need it.
This user is a guest
ailin
May 4, 2008 20:15:44 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 4, 2008 20:15:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Welcome aboard, Yulan! Like I've said before, bender and non-bender alike are welcome in the Underground. There will always be something for everyone to do. Hating the Fire Nation is an absolute bonus.

I definitely encourage everyone to explore their characters to their fullest through association with the Underground. If anyone has character arcs they want to play out specifically through association with the Underground, please do! It makes for more dramatic storytelling and is just all around fun. :D
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 4, 2008 20:24:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 4, 2008 20:24:29 GMT -6

I can't wait! Jen and I are in the process of getting Shuai and Jen to leave the Water Tribe. Also thanks for answering the questions... again :D, and I'm happy to see more people signing up. This is going to be great. Sorry for my happy positive attitude, I must sound annoying, but I'm just really excited.

I'm hoping that Shuai grows in this new experience, i know she will. Maybe even meet new people (like boys *wink*) Just kidding. She is here fully for the cause of getting back at the Fire Nation. ;D ;D
suijin
May 4, 2008 21:37:23 GMT -6

Post by suijin on May 4, 2008 21:37:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Suijin would like to join. She's not exactly experienced enough to fight, so if there is a fellow water bender who has mastered the element, or at least knows something other than summoning the water towards their being, and can teach her, I'm sure she' be a a great asset. There's also a possibility she's a healer as her grandmother on her father's side was one, but as I said, not really experience enough to do much or know if she is.

However, I have only posted one RP with her, so as of current, she doesn't know that the Fire Nation has invaded Ba Sing Se, so hopefully by the time the 'first meeting' topic is up and running, she'll be fully aware.

Besides Suki, are we to see any more familiar faces in this rebellion?
This user is a guest
Last edit by ailin: May 5, 2008 0:51:22 GMT -6
jiao
May 5, 2008 13:39:02 GMT -6

Post by jiao on May 5, 2008 13:39:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I can't wait, this is an experience of a life time. I'm really excited and looking forward to RP'ing with everyone. Shuai and I are working making our way to Ba Sing Se. We should be there in no time. Thank You for doing all this.

Just as a side note: Jen's brother Tao-Lei has been capture and is being held the dungeons of Ba Sing Se. But Jen does not know this. I hope this is Ok, Maybe you guys can help her break him out or something. :)
This user is a guest
auka
May 5, 2008 20:08:09 GMT -6

Post by auka on May 5, 2008 20:08:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Auka's in, unfortunately he's also trying to shake a nasty recently developed addiction for the simple reason that I'm too lazy to think of a real character trait. So yeah, he can definitely teach Suijin (Foreign pun, i'm impressed!) a think or too about the bending. That last sentence was definately an excuse for 150 extra characters since I'm going to PM said Sui anyways.
This user is a guest
ailin
May 5, 2008 20:28:17 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 5, 2008 20:28:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Welcome, Suijin and Auka!

The plan at the moment is for the first mission to involve breaking out important figures of Ba Sing Se's government. Suki's aim will be to get leader-types out of Fire Nation custody, but will not hesitate to save anyone she can from them.

Jen, if your brother is imprisoned in Ba Sing Se and you want to break him out, that's fine! Like I said, I want everyone to be able to have their own character arcs within the Underground. You want to break him out, I am all for it. Give Suki a heads up in the RP about it and we'll make sure to find him. :)

In regards to Suijin's question of familiar faces other than Suki, I can say we might see one. ;)
This user is a guest
suijin
May 5, 2008 20:45:41 GMT -6

Post by suijin on May 5, 2008 20:45:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Haha, thanks for the comment about Suijin's name (which is actually the Japanese water divinty i.e. godess). It was either that, or Amaya meaning night rain. I am a freak and so actually wanted an Asian name that had relation to water in some way.

*laughs* You can see how her name is written in Kanji and the backstory of the name. ^-^ www.onmarkproductions.com/html/suijin.html
Could have named her Suiten...

And anyways, it would be great Auka could teach Suijin, my only request is that he has already mastered the element. And duh, be in Ba Sing Se relatively um, now. Now would be great but I dun know where he is. lol

And hmmm, *ponders over potential familiar faces* How familiar....? Or would that give it away?
This user is a guest
Last edit by ailin: May 5, 2008 20:47:02 GMT -6
Anonymous
May 7, 2008 15:33:50 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 7, 2008 15:33:50 GMT -6

suijin Avatar
Haha, thanks for the comment about Suijin's name (which is actually the Japanese water divinty i.e. godess). It was either that, or Amaya meaning night rain. I am a freak and so actually wanted an Asian name that had relation to water in some way.

*laughs* You can see how her name is written in Kanji and the backstory of the name. ^-^ www.onmarkproductions.com/html/suijin.html
Could have named her Suiten...

And anyways, it would be great Auka could teach Suijin, my only request is that he has already mastered the element. And duh, be in Ba Sing Se relatively um, now. Now would be great but I dun know where he is. lol

And hmmm, *ponders over potential familiar faces* How familiar....? Or would that give it away?

Whoa cool name :D Shuai just means Graceful, in Chinese :D

Well when Shuai and Jen get to Ba Sing Se, I'm sure they could also help Suijin out with her waterbending, maybe even Shuai's Uncle Gen, who was her waterbending teacher, but eh which ever one works Suijin will most likely get taught.

Also Jen love the idea of getting Tao-Lei out of jail, that will be one heck of a post. Also Jen and I are on our way of leaving the Tribe. We will be in Ba Sing Se in a couple of days :D

Also.... who is the other familiar face??? *Hmmmmm* :D
yulan
May 9, 2008 1:40:29 GMT -6

Post by yulan on May 9, 2008 1:40:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I plan to get Mahone, my new apothecary, involved as well. She's even less useful in a fight than Yulan, but she can provide on most non-combat fronts, including any substances she has in stock, any supplies that need smuggling into the city, and various other favors she can call in around Lower Ba Sing Se (for info-gathering, funds, more manpower, etc.).

There are a few people she'd like to get revenge on, and they're apparently big Fire Nation sympathizers. Hurting the Fire Nation will hurt them as well, and Mahone would be so happy to see that. :]
This user is a guest
ailin
May 10, 2008 20:15:50 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 10, 2008 20:15:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yulan, that sounds good. We can always use a clever person, smuggler, and information gatherer. Like I said, there's a place for everyone with a hate of the Fire Nation. :)

Okay, guys, let's get this show on the road! If you're not there yet, head over to Ba Sing Se in your RP ASAP. We will start the RP proper on Monday, May 12th (because I'm too anxious to wait any longer, this RP will be awesome fun!)! If you need to RP getting your bearings in the city now, please do so. I will make a post as Suki on Monday to get the Underground rolling.

Rock on, guys! :D
This user is a guest
assaiki
May 11, 2008 18:41:23 GMT -6

Post by assaiki on May 11, 2008 18:41:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Talk about cutting the deadlines real close.
All this talk about prision break outs got me thinking and interested.

Since my character the Assaiki currently has no placement in the world after the 3 week advance, i can start him anywhere. Being a big name murderous criminal that is a powerful fighter, I thought maybe I would place him directly in the Ba Sing Se prision to be raided.

The Assaiki is a murderer with alliangance to no one and could careless about the resistance or the fire nation. All he wants is to be able to crush people's bones and spill blood. But his talents (as a killing machine) could possibly be bought with the right price (his freedom and chances to kill).

I see 3 different possiblities.
1)The resistance frees him under the condition that he helps them fight.

2) the fire nation releases him on the condition that he kills as many underground as possible. The assaiki has a reputation for being able to kill earthbenders.

3) during the chaos of the prision raid, he frees himself and goes to town on whoever gets in his way.

The Assaiki is basically a monstrousity, a psychopathic killer. Someone that you could potenitally unleash upon your enemies.

So signup the Assaiki as a rogue element that could go either way, or nobody's way but his own.
This user is a guest
ailin
May 11, 2008 21:14:14 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 11, 2008 21:14:14 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
If you'd like to be in the prison during the mission that would be fine, the Assaiki. That said, Suki would not feel comfortable hiring a person whose only interests are getting out of prison and having chances to kill people.

A more likely scenario would involve an accidental release during the goings on, but the Fire Nation in charge would make sure to try to direct the Assaiki to go after the Underground members, or face their wrath. Whether you decide to heed the warnings of the Fire Nation in charge or not is up to you.
This user is a guest
jiao
May 12, 2008 10:31:13 GMT -6

Post by jiao on May 12, 2008 10:31:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
After a long Journey, Jen and Shuai are finally in Ba Sing Se. We arrived last night and put up our first post in Ba Sing Se :). I am looking forward to this. This is going to be fun. Suijin, it shouldn't be any problem for Jen to help Suijin out on her water bending. Jen just has to get to know her better, I'm sure they will get along great. Jen is fair good in healing, but her water bending knowledge is at the basic level, but she's fairly solid in the basics.

This user is a guest