The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Calling the Ba Sing Se Underground!

assaiki
May 12, 2008 12:54:13 GMT -6

Post by assaiki on May 12, 2008 12:54:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
true true. but as always, one can't always be picky when it comes to finding people willing to fight with you. Sure he belongs in prision, but there is the interal conflict to take whatever you can get.

any ways, like i said i am a rogue element who has is his own backup plan for causing chaos. indiscriminate or directed, all depends upon how things play out.
This user is a guest
toru
May 12, 2008 13:05:01 GMT -6

Post by toru on May 12, 2008 13:05:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
It's rollin time :)
Oh Ai Lin, I was wondering, how are we going to get all the people into the Underground? We can't exactly go around saying, "Hey, wanna join?"

I have a few ideas but not much...
1.) They hear rumors about it at an Inn and decide to investigate
2.) They accidently walk in on us (Lame i know)

And that's it... lol :D
This user is a guest
ailin
May 12, 2008 13:56:29 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 12, 2008 13:56:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I see where you're coming from, the Assaiki. At the same time, Suki isn't the type to subscribe to the "ends justify the means" kind of fighting. Singing up a murderer with no real loyalty seems out of her type of tactics.

The first post by Suki is up, which pretty much goes with her and Toru having spent time during the time-shift sneaking around taverns and gathering places and whispering about the Underground to those who looked Earth Kingdom sympathetic. They had to do it real careful to avoid the Fire Nation Man, but they tried to get the word out about the meeting. I imagine Suki talked to some bartenders that were sympathetic to get them to help spread the word as well (because as everyone knows, bartenders are excellent information brokers ;)). So that leaves it up to everyone who they heard it from.

So now, Suki's looking things over while waiting to see if anyone shows up.
This user is a guest
suijin
May 14, 2008 21:51:18 GMT -6

Post by suijin on May 14, 2008 21:51:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
My only beef is that Suijin is currently standing in the middle of Ba Sing Se like a bumpkin so she has; A) no idea what the heck is going on and B) that leads to the fact that I can't yank her into the Underground yet. She's still oblivious! xS
This user is a guest
yulan
May 14, 2008 23:10:49 GMT -6

Post by yulan on May 14, 2008 23:10:49 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
If you can't think of a situation where Suijin could obtain info about the Underground from a bartender (lol) or from overhearing someone talking about it, then after the first meeting I can have Yulan or Mahone tug her in... somehow. XD I imagine they would have to pass into the Middle Ring for job-related tasks anyway... or you can think of a reason why Suijin would wander into the Lower Ring and we can meet up.
This user is a guest
assaiki
May 18, 2008 19:43:56 GMT -6

Post by assaiki on May 18, 2008 19:43:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Or... i might add another possible solution to your problem suijin.

If you can see any conceivable way of getting your character into the underground meeting, Then have yourself arrested by the fire nation for some stupid unlawful reason (soldier on a powertrip, looking for any excuse to make an arrest) and get thrown into prision. Once in prison you can just wait for the underground to break you out and you can join their ranks then.

you could even have conversations with my character while you wait in prison.

This user is a guest
tinungcha
May 18, 2008 21:47:37 GMT -6

Post by tinungcha on May 18, 2008 21:47:37 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
This sounds like just the thing for Shen-Zhu to get himself involved in. Confused, wandering defectee...

He's been wandering about in stolen Earth nation clothes, begging for food and lodging, sleeping wherever he can. It'd be far too easy to find himself arrested for some silly infraction of the rules... and with it being too dangerous to admit he's a wandering Fire Nation Soldier... he'd rather just spend a little time in Jail.

This would be the perfect opportunity for him to explore his loyalties, to learn about the Earth nation, the resistance and to see first hand from teh OTHER side of the war, what is really happening.

If you don't mind, I'd like to drop Shen-Zhu in the prison with everyone else who's supposed to get rescued. If they haven't been already.
This user is a guest
assaiki
May 19, 2008 16:27:41 GMT -6

Post by assaiki on May 19, 2008 16:27:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
currently, i am the only actual person in prision who isn't an npc.
And i have yet to make an actual post in the Ba Sing Se. But your welcome to get your cell tossed in. You can even get yourself thrown into a cell close to mine.

As far as what the cell will look like... the Ba Sing Se ones are completely inclosed in metal with a thick metal door that only has a small slit for viewing by the guards. So prisioners won't actually be able see each, but they can hear each other. Or atleast that what i think the jail cells in Ba Sing Se looked like... maybe i am confusing it with some other city or ships cells.
This user is a guest
ailin
May 19, 2008 17:29:16 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 19, 2008 17:29:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Suijin, we will have to pass through the Middle Ring on our way to the prison, if that helps you figure out a way to find your way to the Underground. You have several options open to you, so do whatever feels write for your character. ^_^

Sounds just fine, Ti-Nung-Cha. We haven't gotten to the actual mission yet, but we should pretty soon. You are more than welcome to be among those who are broken out. It sounds like a great opportunity to explore your character. :)

As far as I can tell, the prison itself will be very difficult to get to since it resides on the Royal Palace grounds, in the Upper Ring. The Assaiki is right that each cell is entirely made of metal to prevent any offending earthbender from escaping. I'm not sure how easy it would be to communicate to anyone else around, though. It seems pretty solid.

It will be a pretty intense mission getting into that prison. We got our work cut out for us. :)
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 21, 2008 20:45:55 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 21, 2008 20:45:55 GMT -6

So sorry that it took me so long to post.

I have had so much school work and i have a large project coming up, so i hope my post has made up for it. Also Suijin Ai Lin has a point, but also i was thinking of having Shuai's Uncle Gen live in the lower part of the Middle Ring. If anything Jen and i could meet up with you but if that doesn't work out i would stick to Ai Lins idea.

PS: Is my cloak idea ok? I had thought about it for a while and i hope it isn't too corny ;D ( if you have no idea what I'm talking about, read my post :P )
This user is a former member
yulan
May 22, 2008 4:06:11 GMT -6

Post by yulan on May 22, 2008 4:06:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
No worries, this time of year does tend to become a lot busier for people. End of term projects and whatnot, other obligations that need attention right before the summer season starts.

I think it would be a given that they're not going on their mission in the clothes they're wearing now, but it's always useful to reaffirm such details In-Character. It also brings up Shuai's uncle again, who is a fairly important plot device for us, aye? :)
This user is a guest
kaitou
May 25, 2008 22:35:49 GMT -6

Post by kaitou on May 25, 2008 22:35:49 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
A bit late, but I only just received acceptance. I'd really like to get involved in the Ba Sing Se Underground. Kaitou is an older female earth bender who's rather combat oriented so I think she could really help. She's also a sword smith so she knows a bit about weaponry.

She could arrive late to the meeting, and be quite blunt in her assessment of the gathered group, perhaps give them a fright by drawing her sword? Or just be her average stubbornly proud self, enter late introduce herself and not bother even apologizing.

She could also be in the jail , probably hauled in after starting some sort of bar fight or what not and fighting against a few fire nation 'block heads'.

Or possibly join up sometime between? As she might help one of the underground out by taking care of a couple of unexpected fire nation soldiers or just general creeps?

This user is a guest
ailin
May 25, 2008 23:58:31 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 25, 2008 23:58:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
We'd be glad to have you, Kaitou. I don't think we have a single earthbender in the Underground at the moment, now that I think about it. :)

Because I've have a busy week we're still discussing the plan at the Underground's base in the Lower Ring. If you're looking to get in on the plan before we get to the prison, coming late to the meeting would be the best bet.

If you think it'd match your character better to be in the jail, you can do that as well. It'll take us a little while to get there, but we're all trying to keep the pace as quick as we can so everyone can get in on the story.

Either option is fine really, so just go with what works best for your character.
This user is a guest
ailin
May 28, 2008 16:57:34 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 28, 2008 16:57:34 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I just wanted to apologize for the delay, guys. I have been having pain problems that I couldn't pinpoint until recently. It's halted all of my actual work and has made typing more difficult and in the past few days it was pretty bad. Luckily I have found out what's been causing the pain so I'm working to fix it.

I'll see about getting a post done sometime tonight if I can manage it. Once again, sorry for the delay.
This user is a guest
toru
Jun 3, 2008 16:49:16 GMT -6

Post by toru on Jun 3, 2008 16:49:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
For the humans that are coming in later...

I suggest you guys be REALLY ready to post, as in check up on the Ba Sing Se thread daily and what not, cause waiting is no fun :( and you might miss the opening in which you can slip in.

Just to be clear...
The people in the prisons are
1.) The Assaiki
2.)Shen-zhu

And the person that is slipping in is...
1.)Suijin?

Delicious :)
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 3, 2008 17:19:55 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 3, 2008 17:19:55 GMT -6

toru Avatar
For the humans that are coming in later...

I suggest you guys be REALLY ready to post, as in check up on the Ba Sing Se thread daily and what not, cause waiting is no fun :( and you might miss the opening in which you can slip in.

Just to be clear...
The people in the prisons are
1.) The Assaiki
2.)Shen-zhu

And the person that is slipping in is...
1.)Suijin?

Delicious :)

Oh don't forget Jen's brother is in the prison as well. And i also just put up my post.

I had another answer to the Guard uniforms and who could play the prisoners. It's all in my post, just have to read. And sorry it took me so long, with school and the site being down.

But I'm back and lets get this show on the road. Oh also i had a question. Would it be ok if Shuai's uncle lived in the lower part of the middle ring?
This user is a former member
ailin
Jun 3, 2008 17:54:27 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Jun 3, 2008 17:54:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, we always have to remember that life gets in the way of things at times, Toru. I've been dealing with my physical problems while others have had finals. Then there's stuff like Proboards having issues. Checking in as often as possible is the best way to keep the story moving, but we also have to give people time to post. But yeah, I'm anxious to keep things rolling at a good pace, and for my part I'm going to try to be more regular with my posts. :)

That's true, Shuai. There's also Tao-Lei in the prison, too. It shouldn't be a problem for Shuai's uncle to live in the Middle Ring as long as he isn't a guy who goes around yelling about the war. ;) As Uncle Iroh showed us in the show, with some good business sense and tea, one can move up from the Lower Ring.
This user is a guest
yulan
Jun 3, 2008 20:43:01 GMT -6

Post by yulan on Jun 3, 2008 20:43:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Suijin posted in the Returning/Leaving thread to say that she's on hiatus until further notice, so I'm guessing she won't be participating in this arc after all. And ditto on the RL issues that keep people occupied and away from posting. :) I have finals next week, and it's kind of ironic that today, the day Proboards was fixed, half of campus lost electricity for most of the day (including the apartments where I live). So you never know what anti-posting forces are at work here...
This user is a guest
tinungcha
Jun 6, 2008 23:24:56 GMT -6

Post by tinungcha on Jun 6, 2008 23:24:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I've just returned from an unexpected week-long flight across the entire nation for a family emergency. Starting tomorrow, I'll be sure to check in and try to find my spot to slip in. ^_^ Shen-Zhu is looking forward to the inner conflict and figuring out which side is the 'right' side to be on .
This user is a guest
xingfei
Jun 14, 2008 22:56:10 GMT -6

Post by xingfei on Jun 14, 2008 22:56:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hmm... Looks like you guys need more people to stir up trouble for you. I was hoping to have Xing Fei join the ranks of your antagonists (now that I have re-read and know that this still open).

Xing Fei is an Earth Bender who mainly looks out for himself, but will probably be siding with the Fire Nation... but double agent is his style too. My idea is that he'll keep tabs on people sneaking around, trying to also find out what some 'friends' of his are doing. An underground organization is bound to get his attention, especially once they start moving towards the Ba Sing Se prison. I look forward to causing conflict for you! ;D
This user is a guest