The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Calling the Ba Sing Se Underground!

ailin
Jul 22, 2008 20:27:23 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Jul 22, 2008 20:27:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
First off, welcome back Jen. :)

Second, to keep things running smoothly, I'm going to have to ask anyone interested in the Underground to hold off until after the prison mission. I'll have to get back to you once that whole thing is finished. Given the size of the Underground, I think we'll still need more antagonists to provide real threat. So anyone interested might want to keep that in mind, too. :) Thanks for your patience, guys!

Third, Karanbir, I'd hold off on any prison riot until you and Rin have made some contact with the Underground not just that the Underground is in the prison somewhere. The riot is part of the plan in the first place, so forming some sort of alliance first would go a long way to making sure the riot works to your advantage. Once you guys have come to an accord, go nuts. :)

An idiot guard? This could be trouble. I better check out this post, post haste. ;)
This user is a guest
toru
Jul 26, 2008 18:18:13 GMT -6

Post by toru on Jul 26, 2008 18:18:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Erm before we invade on our beauteous plan... I want to clear up some things. :D

This is my plan for the invasion, feel free to change and flame, it's just a rough draft...

We break in with our "curfew breaking evildoers" and once hidden we split up, me with Jen or Shuai, and Suki with Jen or Shuai, then me and Suki go break out our key guys whilst Mahone and Yulan attempt to find some supporting people and meet up with our "friendly" jail people, then we break out somehow undetected (?)

I have some issues to address...
1.) What are the door types at the prison? (Like the boiling rock sheets of metal or lattice work metal that could be broken with ice)
2.) When we get into the jail are we gonna be agresssive (knocking out guards willy nilly) or passive (sneaking around and using our cover)

THat's it I think :D
This user is a guest
ailin
Jul 26, 2008 22:26:30 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Jul 26, 2008 22:26:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Uhm, we sort of laid out the plan already, right? I remember going over this before. O_o

It consisted of the Prisoner Team (Jen, Shuai and Yulan) and the Guard Team (Suki, Toru, Mahone, and Kaitou). The Prisoner Team makes contact with Earth Kingdom prisoners wanting to strike back against the Fire Nation and Jen finds her brother, while the Guard Team uses stealth to sabotage the prison and makes contact with the key prisoners. The two groups will then covertly reconnect. The Underground will attempt to escape the prison under the chaos of a prison riot, started by the Underground and new recruits.

The doors I have seen in the prison during The Guru/The Crossroads of Destiny looked to be solid metal.
This user is a guest
Last edit by ailin: Jul 26, 2008 22:28:10 GMT -6
malik
Jul 27, 2008 16:17:57 GMT -6

Post by malik on Jul 27, 2008 16:17:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hey Ai Lin =) I wanted to know if there was still room in the Antagonist cast for one more... The reason I bring this up was because of the latest post in the RP and the introduction of Salak's 5 uh... super soldiers? but yeah just wondering o.o I wanted to get my new char Yoshinori in =) I think he and Ai Lin would get along...
This user is a guest
ailin
Jul 27, 2008 16:49:24 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Jul 27, 2008 16:49:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I didn't think there were soldiers hiding in the shadows during broad daylight so it threw me that Salak actually had them there. I thought he was just being sarcastic. :P Anyway, we are indeed in need of more antagonists (since there's around 10 or so Underground, there should at least be half as many antagonists to pose enough of a threat).

Once your new character is approved, it'd be fine for him to join up.

To keep things manageable, membership in the Underground will be closed after those that are slated to join after the first mission join up. Membership will re-open if anyone decides to leave the Underground to pursue other interests or anything like that.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 27, 2008 16:58:56 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 27, 2008 16:58:56 GMT -6

I think I'm going to get to work on Lien's profile soon Ai Lin. I'm still really waiting for my brothers picture since that would help me out, but seeing how close the first mission is I'm not sure. But i think i still have some time.

Now i think i have a real problem. I feel like all the characters I'm creating i want to put in this plot line. Seeing that we are in need of antagonists i was thinking of putting in the character i am also creating besides Lien. Her name is Michiko, you see i have her listed in my signature. But i wanted to know if that was a problem, me having three of my characters influenced and part of the Underground.

If it is then no worries, but if i may i would really like her to mess things up for the good people =D Oh i finished her profile =D
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 28, 2008 9:10:13 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 28, 2008 16:01:07 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 28, 2008 16:01:07 GMT -6

OK. So, what I understand is that us new Antagonists must figure out a way to pop in now that your prison mission is almost over, right ? So does that mean we just hang around until we make contact with you "by chance" and then we try to get accetped by you guys and there we go ? Or is it a little more complicated and we need to follow a special plot that you made up ? Because we want to move.
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 28, 2008 16:51:54 GMT -6
toru
Jul 28, 2008 16:16:56 GMT -6

Post by toru on Jul 28, 2008 16:16:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Prison mission isn't over, you can pop into jail if you like :D Or some other way, I'm not sure...

Ai Lin?
This user is a guest
ailin
Jul 28, 2008 18:23:26 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Jul 28, 2008 18:23:26 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
We haven't even gotten to the prison yet, so I wouldn't say it's almost over but it is moving along at a decent clip.

Again, I stress, people that have already shown interest in the Underground will be able to join. People who want to join the Underground (they'd be considered protagonists), although I really wanted to hold off until after the prison mission, can put themselves in the prison if it makes sense for their character to be there.

Here's a condensed version:

Potential Underground members (protagonists):
  • Appear as a prisoner and take part in the riot
  • Hear about the prison mission and seek out the Underground afterward

Potential villains (antagonists):
  • Working in some capacity in the prison
  • Sought out by Salak as part of the elite team to take out the Underground

The fastest option for either protagonists and antagonists would be the first one. Otherwise, they'll have to wait until after the mission is over.

Everyone needs to remember that new characters will have to be approved by one of the Core Staff before they can be used in the RP, and new members will also have to pass exemptions first as per the rules of the site.

Shuai, I'd like to give some other people to get a character into the RP. If you don't mind, I'd like to keep that character in mind if we end up short on villains. At the very least, you'll get Lien into the RP, and you'll have two characters. :)

I'm sorry if this is getting a little complicated. I know people are chomping at the bit to get involved and I'm trying to make everything as smooth as possible.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 28, 2008 20:04:45 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 28, 2008 20:04:45 GMT -6

That's completely fine. I don't mind it one bit. Having two will be more then enough, but like you said if any bad girls are needed Michiko is a call away. It will be fun seeing her mess up some guys. Hmm i want to write more but i have completely blanked out. I'm hoping someone else will post i have a bit of writers block =D
ailin
Aug 3, 2008 21:34:09 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Aug 3, 2008 21:34:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Y'know what, Shuai? Bring your antagonist, and Karanbir's, into the Underground as you see fit, if you two still want to. There's room enough for everyone who has already shown an interest.

I'll be posting tonight before I go to sleep. I really want to get to the prison segment as soon as humanly possible. There'll be a lot of fun times for everyone in the prison. The Underground will be united officially, and fun times will be had.
This user is a guest
Last edit by ailin: Aug 3, 2008 21:34:40 GMT -6
Anonymous
Aug 3, 2008 21:53:13 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 3, 2008 21:53:13 GMT -6

ailin Avatar
Y'know what, Shuai? Bring your antagonist, and Karanbir's, into the Underground as you see fit, if you two still want to. There's room enough for everyone who has already shown an interest.

I'll be posting tonight before I go to sleep. I really want to get to the prison segment as soon as humanly possible. There'll be a lot of fun times for everyone in the prison. The Underground will be united officially, and fun times will be had.

Oh thank you Ai Lin. Karanbir and i will be moving our way to Ba Sing Se very soon. As of right now we are outside the wall in a little village. And i agree. The posts in the prison will be loads of fun, but i don't think it will be too hard =]. I also look forward to reading your post =D
Last edit by Deleted: Aug 3, 2008 22:22:12 GMT -6
jiao
Aug 4, 2008 10:42:01 GMT -6

Post by jiao on Aug 4, 2008 10:42:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
That sound fun Shuai, I can't wait to see you're post.

Ai Lin, Awesome post. I love how you think. Just brilliant, I had no Idea when I made the post that it would open the door to the prison. This should be very interesting. Hopefully I will be putting my post up soon. I have some personal stuff to take care of today, but I should be able to find some time today. :)
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Aug 4, 2008 10:48:19 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 4, 2008 10:48:19 GMT -6

jiao Avatar
That sound fun Shuai, I can't wait to see you're post.

Ai Lin, Awesome post. I love how you think. Just brilliant, I had no Idea when I made the post that it would open the door to the prison. This should be very interesting. Hopefully I will be putting my post up soon. I have some personal stuff to take care of today, but I should be able to find some time today. :)

Yay Jen! I've missed you! I can't wait to read your post =D

Also yay to Ai Lin! That was so brilliant! Once i saw where you wrote Suki had an idea i already knew what was going on! So are Tori and Ai Lin going to just bring Jen back to the man or the whole "prison team"? =D I was thinking the whole team but I'm not sure?
ailin
Aug 4, 2008 18:49:29 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Aug 4, 2008 18:49:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Thanks, gals! The idea kinda popped while I was writing the post, and Suki is the type of character who can adapt a plan to best fit the situation. I want to show Suki's ability to think on her feet, which I guess is something she has in common with her crush Sokka. ;)

I'm thinking that Suki and Toru rush back to the Underground HQ, get everyone and head over to the prison. If any soldier that encounters them questions why Shuai, Jen and Yulan are being arrested, we have a perfectly legitimate alibi. Jen assaulted a soldier, and her accomplices were the ones that put her up to it. If they check out the story, they'll have the soldier backing them up. It'll give the Underground a bit more time to cause some havoc inside the prison before anyone catches on. :)

I know August is usually a busy month for people who go off on vacations and such, but I do hope that we can get to the prison within the next week or two because that'll really get the story to pick up some speed. Plus, I really want to cut down the wait for those who want to join in. ^_^
This user is a guest
malik
Aug 7, 2008 20:27:28 GMT -6

Post by malik on Aug 7, 2008 20:27:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hey Ai Lin o.o I was just wondering if we were joining the Antagonists side once we get to Ba Sing Se, do we have to be part of Salak's troop? Or can we be part of a second troop? like a second squad that is still under command of Salak but operates separately? I just wanted to know because Yoshinori is a leader of a small squad of NPCS 3 of them, one Fire Bender, a Medic type, and a cook xD Oh and Shuai's character Michiko is also part of his small but formidable squad ^_^ After all Ba Sing Se is a HUGE city o.o
This user is a guest
ailin
Aug 7, 2008 21:05:57 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Aug 7, 2008 21:05:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
As a general thing, I'd like to keep antagonist NPCs to a minimum, as it's sometimes hard enough to keep track of PCs fighting other PCs. Big honkin fight scenes can get pretty chaotic on their own without the involvement of NPCs, so that's just something to keep in mind.

If you prefer to have your group of antagonists called to report at the prison as opposed to Salak's team specifically, that's fine for the first mission. The general idea is that the prison riot will cause the disparate antagonists to at least band together to fight against the unified Underground. As long as you're at the prison at the right time, it's all good at this point. The prison mission is really the uniter of all the different elements in this storyline so far anyway.

So, if you aren't part of Salak's elite team before the prison mission, odds are you will be afterwards. ;)
This user is a guest
malik
Aug 7, 2008 21:11:22 GMT -6

Post by malik on Aug 7, 2008 21:11:22 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Oh well thats cool ^_^ my NPCS arn't really fighters though xD just one of them, the other two are kind of just support after the battle =) but ok! I will get my little band to the prison ^_^ Oh I can't wait until the prison bust xD It is sure to be a lot of fun =D I just hope my fellow prisoners get back in time to have fun >.>
This user is a guest
ailin
Aug 15, 2008 14:58:25 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Aug 15, 2008 14:58:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Okay everyone we are in the prison (or the corridor leading to the prison ;)). Like I said in the post, I'm sorry for the slight godmodding getting everyone there, but we all want to get to the real dramatic part of the story.

Just as a reminder again, the Prisoner Team (Yulan, Shuai and Jen) will make contact with Jen's brother and anyone that seems sympathetic to the Earth Kingdom (which means they'll probably crash into Tatsuya, Rin, Shen-Zhu and Joychi) while the Guard Team sets to sabotage the prison's defenses and locate the high ranking officials. The Prisoner Team helps set up the riot, which the Guard Team will use to get the officials out of their cells. The Underground will regroup during the riot and make a break for it. Hopefully the sabotage will add to the dangers of a riot for the Fire Nation and give enough of a distraction for everyone to escape.

This is exciting! :)
This user is a guest
Last edit by ailin: Aug 15, 2008 14:59:08 GMT -6
Anonymous
Aug 15, 2008 15:39:23 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 15, 2008 15:39:23 GMT -6

Ah!! I can't wait to start up some trouble for the Fire Nation, even though I am on both side =D Great post by the way Ai Lin, also to Jen! I loved them! I can't believe we are actually at the Prison! It's so exciting! Go Prisoner Team! And Guard Team! I think I'll wait to see if Yulan post, I'm looking forward to see what Yulan types *Waves Hi to Yulan* Or any other Underground member. =D Now I'm itching to create Lien, but I'll still wait till after the mission =D

Ok I think that's enough of me rambling on =D Go Prisoner Team! hehe =D
Last edit by Deleted: Aug 15, 2008 15:41:24 GMT -6