The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Calling the Ba Sing Se Underground!

Anonymous
Dec 27, 2009 11:50:37 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 27, 2009 11:50:37 GMT -6

Okay, so here's the situation the antagonists are in: Yoshinori and Michiko are in their quarters/headquarters because Michiko was injured; Auka (if he is an antagonist) has retreated after he was given the order by Yoshinori; Ai Lin is/was in a fight with Tatsuya that led her into the hallways inside the prison, and I was thinking maybe I'd take his stead in fighting her (maybe); Zarah is playing a game of tag with Suki and Jen-jiao near the escape route-equipped wall, and about to win; Salak is playing hide-and-seek with Shen-Zhu among the crowd, but he is losing on the other hand. I will try to lead the way to the train station. I don't think my post will be necessary, but I miss posting.
This user is a former member
ailin
Mar 30, 2010 15:36:30 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Mar 30, 2010 15:36:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Oh man, long time, right?

First off, I am SO sorry about the ridiculously large delay. Life and health got in my way, but that's no real excuse.

Now, I would like to try to regroup and move forward with the Underground, but we have a few things that need to be hashed out. First off, I think a time skip is needed to get the plot moving again. My main reason for this being that we've lost several members since we last were RPing, chief among those our main antagonist Salak, Shuai (who was also playing Michiko), Jen-jiao, and Karanbir had to move Tatsuya to another storyline. We've lost others, as well, like Suki's second-in-command, Toru. Without some ridiculous amount of godmodding these characters, I can't see how to resolve the prison riot.

So, my suggestion is to time skip, but we discuss how the prison break out/riot was resolved here a little bit first just so everyone is on the same page. After we do that, we can take stock of who is still interested in RPing with the Underground and move on the story from there.

There's still a lot for the Underground to do, and I will not let it go just because of my lameness. ;)
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 30, 2010 18:47:17 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 30, 2010 18:47:17 GMT -6

I vote in favor of the Timeskip. I say we advance to the point wherein everyone is at the safe-house and we all have a wonderful round of introductions and the typical mixer that these factions tend to have. As for those who are no longer with us, I say we just keep them in the background, in case, said members ever come back.
yulan
Mar 31, 2010 1:13:21 GMT -6

Post by yulan on Mar 31, 2010 1:13:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Of course your health is an excuse, Ai Lin. What are you talking about. xD *bops*

But it's good to see you're back! (and... sort of? feeling better?) I'm for a timeskip as well. The original plan was for them to escape via thrilling ride on the monorails, right? Shall we say they escaped that way, only not so thrilling? Yulan and Mahone both made it to the trains okay, and I'm assuming all (protagonist) characters that were in combat mode with someone else won and reached the trains, too.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 31, 2010 12:53:43 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 31, 2010 12:53:43 GMT -6

Yeah, I'm for timeskip too. Resolving the riot has now slipped from our dear hands. It's just too bad that we couldn't do the traintop chase. It would have been awesome.

It's gonna be pretty difficult to make the introductions, since we lost a few of our "common acquaintances", not to mention those who were supposedly and purposely freed by the Underground.

That reminds me. I remember the details of the prison mission from before it started, but nothing about the rest. I mean the role of the Underground is to free the city, but what were the next steps again ? (It would be appreciated if we could talk about this during the introductions as well)
Anonymous
Apr 8, 2010 19:18:56 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 8, 2010 19:18:56 GMT -6

So that's just about everyone, at least those who have decided to cast a vote. So it would seem that we are going to skip to the introductions, after our prison escape. I sincerely hope that that is the plan and that I am not just pushing my agenda on the whole group.

Not to be too pushy, but if no one else is willing to make the introductory post then I will, but with the condition that I be allowed to do some minor gmodding. I won't control anyone directly, but I would like to set up a little thing to further propel Long Feng's influence.

ailin
Apr 8, 2010 19:21:56 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Apr 8, 2010 19:21:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Okay, so timeskip is a go, and the plan is for it to be a regroup at the Underground's HQ. Members that are no longer with us will be NPCs in the background, who will generally just take care of the HQ in case they ever come back. The purpose of the meeting will be to introduce the "new" members of the Underground and discuss the next mission.

Come to think of it, I don't really know what the next mission to free Ba Sing Se should be. Maybe we ought to discuss here first too?

Oh, and perhaps get some more antagonists... :\
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Apr 8, 2010 19:39:24 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 8, 2010 19:39:24 GMT -6

Well, what I was going to introduce is considered a spoiler by my account so:

As Long Feng, I was going to introduce the idea that instead of just freeing the city from the Fire Nation, that we free the city from the oppression of every crown, and in its place establish a more democratic order.

That was what I was hoping to do, to just give our cause some more romantic qualities. As for a mission, maybe we could probably find out how the Fire Nation's forces are dispersed in the city. Basic surveying things, and then we could work on actually making the underground into a fighting force, and not the small group of misfits that it currently is.
Anonymous
Apr 10, 2010 5:18:37 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 10, 2010 5:18:37 GMT -6

*waves hand frantically* Oh, oh !! I have an idea about how to go on with freeing the city !!

Well it's not really a big deal of an idea. Since we don't have the firepower that Iroh had during Sozin's Comet, we can't blow up a portion of a wall. So instead we just take make silent sweeps of the Inner and Outer Wall, while others are stealing their artillery - namely the tanks and air ballons. Once we have the walls, since they're supposedly impenetrable, then we can make them fall back to the Upper Ring, where *drumroll*

WE BLOW THEM UP !!! Or we just take them out with air balloons and stuff like that *insert better ending here*

In this plan, taking the walls is the priority, based on the assumption that they replaced the boulders with their own trabuchets and catapults... which of course will cause a LOT of collateral damage ^^. But it's very effective.

So, yeah. In my opinion the next mission would be taking back the walls... which will take an awful lot of time, given the length of the walls.
Last edit by Deleted: Apr 10, 2010 5:20:58 GMT -6
Anonymous
Apr 10, 2010 6:48:18 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 10, 2010 6:48:18 GMT -6

No offense Joychi, but that sounds like something we would do near the end, when taking back the city seems reasonable. I mean, we are a small collection of "Freedom Fighters." Although it sounds boring, the only really plausible step would still be to expand, and to improve our fighting force, that being said, it still doesn't sound very exciting.
Anonymous
Apr 12, 2010 5:31:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 12, 2010 5:31:08 GMT -6

...That's an easy way to put it, however there would be something you need to clarify. By expanding, you mean our number of protagonists and/or antagonists (as in RPers) or just the number of characters who can just fight and stuff (as in NPC included) ? Because if that's the last one, we kind of have plenty. We filled two trains with freed prisoners, and I'm positive at least one fourth of them can fight (we can make them, anyway). Unless you mean 'expand' regarding your own agenda. Then I guess I was wrong. *bows* My bad*
ailin
Apr 12, 2010 14:10:32 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Apr 12, 2010 14:10:32 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, it definitely seems that we need more antagonists especially since right now it's only Ai Lin and Zarah and they don't get on so well. So yes, looking for new antagonists would be good, and perhaps a few more protagonists given there have been several people that left. I wouldn't rely on the trains full of freed prisoners, though. It'd be too much NPCing for my liking. We might get 1/4 of them as members of the Underground, but to take back a city they still wouldn't nearly be enough.

Talking to Long Feng about the structure of Ba Sing Se's government before the take over might be helpful. Installations that were important then might be considered important under the new government.

We could consider trying to systematically dismantle the Dai Li, considering Long Feng's prior knowledge of them. They're considered traitors to the Earth Kingdom, and are among the most dangerous opponents.

Just throwing out some ideas here. :)
This user is a guest
yulan
Apr 14, 2010 19:08:18 GMT -6

Post by yulan on Apr 14, 2010 19:08:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Shio, would that be a democratic order or a... "democratic" order? (Don't look at me like that. It is Long Feng we're talking about here.) Or is that also a spoiler? xD

Counterintelligence against the Dai Li is an epic idea. Who is in charge of them in TARP's continuity? Azula? The only thing I'm wondering about is... An organization like the Dai Li is kind of like a hydra head. Cut off the head, it'll grow another and still be just as lethal as before. Take out the leader, they could just elect a new one. Short of blowing up their hideout under Lake Laogai, how do you dismantle the legendary Dai Li?

More antagonists... I could throw Mahone up for a defect/betrayal/double agent sideplot? I am iffy about this idea, but Ai Lin is right, we need more antagonist PCs and I'm not sure I'm up for making another char, personally. This would not be an immediate development though; right now Mahone is just a little fond of the Underground and she doesn't trust the Fire Nation.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Apr 14, 2010 20:10:42 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 14, 2010 20:10:42 GMT -6

You'll find out, Yulan.

As for the Dai Li, technically Azula is in charge; she stole them from Long Feng. However, since Joo Dee is her appointed "ruler" I'd imagine that all remaining Dai Li would obey her, until it was no longer fit. As for dismantling the Dai Li, they would certainly need to be taken out. That being said, I was sort of planning on having the Dai Li symbolize the past of Ba Sing Se. By that I mean, that The Underground would grow at the cost of the Dai Li diminishing. That way, when the Dai Li are gone, it's sort of a new page for Ba Sing Se. Certainly, taking them out would require destroying the Lake Laogai base, another fun little activity we can have; at my RP'ing expense.

As for the villains, we do have a bit of a problem there. I suggest we just play the story as goes, hopefully, someone will be inspired and make something up.

Oo, I am so excited, but seriously, you all ignored my last bit; if no one else wants to start us off I would gladly do it.

Edit: Didn't realize it, but 2500 Whoo!!!
Last edit by Deleted: Apr 15, 2010 15:49:00 GMT -6
ailin
Apr 15, 2010 18:31:01 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Apr 15, 2010 18:31:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Whoohoo, Shio!

Considering that Lake Laogai is kind of the Dai Li's most used base, why don't we try going after that (after some recruiting)? Long Feng's knowledge of it would prove incredibly useful and having it gone puts the Dai Li at a disadvantage.

I'll definitely be opening the Underground for new membership. Anyone who is interested, especially those with characters loyal to the Fire Nation, can join in. It's best we can do it now so that the transition to the "new guard" is as seamless as we can make it.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Apr 16, 2010 12:41:10 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 16, 2010 12:41:10 GMT -6

I'm in favor of Shio posting. I mean, he came up with the idea, so it's normal that he gets to do the first post of the introductions and aftermath... Besides I have no idea how I would do it, seeing my role is pretty minor at the moment.

Oh, and Lake Laogai is supposed to be secret, and pretty well guarded (although the Gaang managed to infiltrate thanks to Jet remembering, and Long Feng using him as bait to set a nice trap... nasty). My question is: how do we handle it ?
Anonymous
May 5, 2010 9:12:16 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 5, 2010 9:12:16 GMT -6

Oh, Joychi. I hadn't realized that your question remained unanswered. Anyone, don't worry about it. I have an idea as to how it will all play out. I plan to remove the moon as a factor- er um, wrong place.

But seriously, don't worry about it, it'll ruin the surprise. In the meantime, how will we go about shifting to the next day so as to get this started?
Anonymous
May 9, 2010 6:06:14 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 9, 2010 6:06:14 GMT -6

Thanks for lighting my lantern, Shio... sort of. About shifting to the next day, I think Long Feng just needs to say "dismissed" and everyone is more or less ready, because with all that just happened and that was just said, I doubt anyone will be able to sleep well... Although this is also the reason why they really NEED that time to sleep - and heal.

Meanwhile, silent soldier will stay silent, and dying prisoners will be dead survive and recover.
yulan
May 10, 2010 15:57:42 GMT -6

Post by yulan on May 10, 2010 15:57:42 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yep, as Joychi said, I think we just need a short timeskip and an angst-ridden acid trip dream sequence to move us to the next day.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Aug 4, 2010 20:39:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 4, 2010 20:39:32 GMT -6

Wow, we really let this thread die :o

So, as you three already know; I'll be gone for a bit, and I already wrote a post about Long Feng traveling to the west with a Monkey King, a monk, and a perverted pig-man-er um. I mean I already wrote the post detailing Long Feng's journey to the palace, and am planning on posting it before I go, that way my absence won't be too impactful on the overall advancement of our little story. Well, that is about it. If you are wondering, the post takes place at night, so if we can't advance the plot quick enough, then I'll just edit the post accordingly.

On another note, the Underground has been together for about a day, RP-wise anyways!