The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Calling the Ba Sing Se Underground!

Anonymous
Apr 18, 2009 10:44:03 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 18, 2009 10:44:03 GMT -6

Ok thanks and sorry for not replying sooner i should FINALLY have something posted soon sometime today. i'll just read up a bit more as to what is going on and i'll work something out with Zarah. I think what i am going to do is have Zarah help out Ai Lin but i'm not sure i'll post an edit here when i have finally made up my mind which should not take that long.

EDIT: OK i'll have Zarah work with Ai Lin i hope that is still ok Ai Lin
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Apr 18, 2009 11:19:47 GMT -6
Anonymous
Apr 18, 2009 15:47:49 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 18, 2009 15:47:49 GMT -6

Hi everyone!

So sorry for being gone, but I'm back =] I know I must of caused a whole mess of things, and again I apologize. Wow I'm such a prick. But I swear if my life had been better there would have never been any chances of me leaving. Agian... I'm sooo sorry. Hopefully I'll be posting soon, but if not I can definitely wait it out. If anything I need to read up on all of your posts. I think I've got a rough outline about what everyone's characters are doing. I think you've all gone far along, but it's still the mission, so haven't missed out on too much.

Ai Lin, Shuai's been helping people to the monorail along with Jen's brother Tao-Lei if I'm correct? I think it is mentioned in one of Jen's post that I've read. (I've missed her so much, can't wait to say hi to her.) And Yoshi is fighting with Joychi by the station? So I'll have to work them both in there. -grins- I've got a lot of catching up to do xD

-looks at upper post- HI ZARAH =]

-hugs everyone- I've really missed you guys, you have no idea =[

EDIT: Okay I've posted as Shuai. It's super long, I apologize for the length, but I hope where I've ended it has caught her up to the present. If not please tell me.
Last edit by Deleted: Apr 19, 2009 18:17:42 GMT -6
ailin
May 28, 2009 12:19:44 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 28, 2009 12:19:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
We're getting closer to wrapping up this prison break. We'll get there yet, I swear! As a note to those Suki and Ai Lin are interacting with directly (Zarah, Karanbir, Jen whenever she comes around), I had posted a while back but it might have been lost in the shuffle. The intention is to get Suki closer to the group fighting outside the monorail (or now in the monorail as Long Feng seems to be). Maybe a thrilling escape fight on a monorail?
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 28, 2009 15:27:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 28, 2009 15:27:05 GMT -6

I was imaging the fight on the monorail. It would be easier to get rid off opponents, and would add a little more terror to everyone when fighting on something cruising at who know how many kilometers. And if you want certain characters to be in the fight, just use a few Dai Li agents like mules. I was kind of envisioning them being chased by another monorail so that the battleground would be more reasonable.
yulan
Aug 17, 2009 17:47:19 GMT -6

Post by yulan on Aug 17, 2009 17:47:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Next time I decide to disappear for eight months, someone drill a hole in my forehead to remind me what it's like to have a 12-page backlog. On the plus side, it did make for great reading. Nice work, guys! With that said, once again I have to plead for forgiveness for holding the storyline up and give my thanks for your saintly patience. D:

I grabbed Toru on the way to the monorails just in case he comes back. I tried to involve him as indirectly as possible, but if it's a problem, just let me know.

It is good to be in the RP groove again. :)
This user is a guest
ailin
Aug 19, 2009 15:35:30 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Aug 19, 2009 15:35:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Welcome back, Yulan! It's great to have you back. :D

What you did with Toru is fine. Just keep him as a minimal NPC as we finish the escape. After that he'll just have to fade out. If Toru decides to come back someday, we can deal with that then.

There's only a few stragglers when it comes to getting to the monorail: Suki's a bit distracted with Zarah while Tatsuya needs to get his sword back and dodge Ai Lin at the same time. As soon as they both can get to the monorail, we'll take this train ride outta there! That'll be quite exciting. :)

I expect to post by the end of the week.

Once again, it's great to have you back, Yulan. :)
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Aug 19, 2009 16:38:35 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 19, 2009 16:38:35 GMT -6

Yay Yulan is back! -glomps-

I hope it's alright Ai Lin, that I shoved Shuai back into the yard. I wanted her to go somewhere and so I thought (why not help Suki) If that's an issue I'll work it out. Yulan added it into her post, so I hope it's okay. If it's bad I can somehow get her to just help other prisoners or even Tatsuya? Which ever xD

-hugstheunderground- (^v^)
ailin
Aug 20, 2009 16:54:32 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Aug 20, 2009 16:54:32 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
That's fine, Shuai. Zarah's an assassin after all. Helping Suki can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Like I said in my last post, I'll be sure to catch up with the Underground in the next day or so. :)

If at all possible I'd like to wrap up the break out/escape storyline by the end of August/beginning of September. I feel it's kinda been long enough, right? Just let me know, guys, if that's feasible for y'all.

There's plenty more Underground fun to be had after dealing with the prison and I look forward to getting to it. :D
This user is a guest
ailin
Aug 29, 2009 2:17:53 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Aug 29, 2009 2:17:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Sorry for the double post.

I'm sorry to say guys, but I have to take a week off. I know that Karanbir's waiting on my reply to the Tatsuya/Ai Lin face off and I'm sorry I can't get to it right now. Doctor's orders are no writing/drawing fora week so I'm out of luck in this regard.

Don't let it stop you guys from posting, though. This only directly affects the Tatsuya/Ai Lin fight and the Suki/Zarah/Shuai fight, and it should only be for a week.

See you guys then. :)
This user is a guest
yulan
Aug 29, 2009 8:21:16 GMT -6

Post by yulan on Aug 29, 2009 8:21:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Sure thing. :) One's health should always come as top priority. I hope the break really helps you out; come back feeling better, yeah?

By the way, to the people by the monorail station: if there was anything you wanted me to address in my post that I didn't, you know all you have to do is ask me to edit, right? ^_^
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Dec 18, 2009 21:41:50 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 18, 2009 21:41:50 GMT -6

I hope I don't overstep my bounds in this somewhat eager plea. As we all know the plot has kind of stopped, and not for lack of trying. Certainly, we have all had our real life troubles, and it's understandable.

I was wondering, if it would be okay with the majority of the people involved in this RP, to push forward on the escape and sort of let those who couldn't post catch up? I'm sure I wouldn't be the only pushing it forward, but I feel that it has dragged on long enough, and I don't want to see it end in a simple "stuff happened."

So yeah, there's me asking. Thoughts?
yulan
Dec 18, 2009 22:24:30 GMT -6

Post by yulan on Dec 18, 2009 22:24:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I would not mind that. I think I said it before, but this is the biggest plot I've ever been in--I'm talking in terms of sheer number of players--and given the many people involved, I think a little "push and catch-up" is warranted. I love this plot and would hate to see it trail to a slow death. As someone who was behind by 12 pages up until recently, I can add some reassurance that a catch-up post is very doable. :)

Also, I know a couple people have removed their characters from the plot, so it might be worthwhile to draw up another roster, just to see who's still interested/involved?
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Dec 19, 2009 19:12:51 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 19, 2009 19:12:51 GMT -6

The Underground Cast:
Suki
Toru - NPC
Shuai
Jen-jiao - NPC
Yulan
Mahone (played by Yulan)

Underground Recruited at Prison
Shen-Zhu (played by Ti-Nung-Cha)
Tatsuya Nakano (played by Karanbir) - left
Joychi
Auka
Suigetsu
Long Feng

Antagonist Cast:
Salak (played by Oyushi)
Zarah
Ai Lin
Yuudai (played by Karanbir) - Yuudai
Yoshinori (played by Karanbir)
Michiko (played by Shuai)

That list is from the first post by Ai Lin. I'm not sure as to who is still involved, but seeing as how a few of those are now ex members it seems that they are now NPCs. Yulan, seeing that you posted here; I'm sure it's safe to assume that you are still with us. I know I am, I think Joychi still is; so if you are tell us Joychi. Ai Lin won't leave this anytime soon.

Karabir and Shuai have quite a few characters involved in this. So if either of you could tell us as to what is going on; it would really help. That would go for everyone else, please.

Last edit by Deleted: Dec 23, 2009 13:41:21 GMT -6
Anonymous
Dec 20, 2009 18:53:20 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 20, 2009 18:53:20 GMT -6

I sure am, Shio. I'm getting a little rusty, but I am still part of it nevertheless. I'm in the process of reading the posts that have been made up until now, so that I can post a summary of the situation (I'm still pretty far though, and I'm not sure I'll read what happened before they got to the prison, too). So far, I can tell that Suigetsu is also out of the plot, somehow - I'm not sure how he managed that, but that was finely written. And I think Auka is now part of the antagonist as well, but that is unclear, his char might have another plan. And as Shio said, the Michi-Yoshi stuff seems to have gone ahead without the others, which leaves room for confusion.

However, worry not, folks ! As I shall have the summary ready soon !! It'll be posted before you even have the time to find out what happened to Zuko's mother (that's really bugging me ^^).
ailin
Dec 20, 2009 20:10:05 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Dec 20, 2009 20:10:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I do want to apologize for my lack of updates. I've had a really hard last several months and needed to concentrate on fixing that before I could get back to this. Having Ai Lin's fighting partner have to leave before the end of their fight also left me to figure how what to do with her.

Not to fear, though. Shio is right. I will not leave the Underground story! After we know exactly who is still around, we can move this onto the final escape. I suggest that once we do escape, we do a slight timeskip to the next part of the story. That's up to everyone else, but I figured we probably don't need to role-play all the way back to the Underground's HQ. :)
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Dec 21, 2009 22:43:54 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 21, 2009 22:43:54 GMT -6

I agree on the small time skip. I say we skip to the group introductions, after all the characters should learn who they're stuck with. The thing I'm worried about is pushing the plot too quickly and ruining the fun for those who are fighting.

At least we, for sure, have four people.

Post by Gia on Dec 22, 2009 23:52:49 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I'm not in this plot, but I just happened to click this thread and see the list Shio posted, and I want to make a note that - as a post on this page shows - Shuai is no longer a member, as she was deleted due to inactivity.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 23, 2009 9:11:47 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 23, 2009 9:11:47 GMT -6

Again ? Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'll miss her once again. With her gone, that makes thirteen characters who could still be in (with the NPC's counted). I used "could still be" instead of "are", because there are actually eight who probably are, three who might, depending on Auka and Karanbir's decisions, one that's on the verge of being gone - I hope not - and one who is kind of RPG inactive while still being able to post (I guess). If Karanbir decides that his antagonists are still in, the timeskip shouldn't be unbearable for those who couldn't post, nor will the fight be wasted. His Yuudai hasn't crossed our path yet, by the way, unlike Yoshinori.
Anonymous
Dec 23, 2009 12:37:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 23, 2009 12:37:08 GMT -6

Well that adds more characters to the list of NPC's. You really shouldn't worry too much, Joychi. What happens happens and then we make do with what we have left. I'd post more, but I can't really do much with the current situation.
malik
Dec 23, 2009 13:00:14 GMT -6

Post by malik on Dec 23, 2009 13:00:14 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well my character Yoshinori is still in, though I've pulled Yuudai out long ago (actually got rid of his profile 2) so Yoshi is currently my only character in the plot, if you guys would like me to post as him I can do so.
This user is a guest