The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

RPG Battle Training

blink
Jan 10, 2006 2:32:57 GMT -6

Post by blink on Jan 10, 2006 2:32:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
( ;D Glorius!)

Halaku took the blow on his wounded shoulder and grimaced, as the pain tremored down his chain arm. Jin Hu's comparitve bulk showed too tellingly at such close quarters.

The Galgori darted backwards, shaking the chain to send the knife and hammer spiraling away as he mustered momentum for a lash blow. The two weapons flashed in the ruddy light before disappering from view amid the rocks.
This user is a guest
Last edit by blink: Jan 10, 2006 2:41:39 GMT -6
jeong
Jan 10, 2006 2:55:21 GMT -6

Post by jeong on Jan 10, 2006 2:55:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Damn I should've knocked him farther back. Jin Hu saw that the chain was now free of his hammer. He also saw that it was coming at him pretty fast. Should've clamped it when i had the chance. He did a high backflip and as he landed he retrieved both items. He put the knife in his left boot and sheathed his hammer.

He was about to jump back into the action but then he paused to have some small talk. "You know what.......you're pretty damn good. Probably the biggest challenge I've had since Jet, I thank you for this and i also apologize for mocking you earlier." With this he awaited his frien-opponent's reply.
This user is a guest
blink
Jan 10, 2006 3:08:21 GMT -6

Post by blink on Jan 10, 2006 3:08:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Halaku kept moving, putting more space between Jin Hu and himself, "Forgiven. Combat demands that we attack an opponent's temper as well as their body." His shoulder was shaking, and he couldn't keep this up much longer. Not, to his surprise, that he really wanted to.

He reached into his, stained robe and produced a handful of shuriken, "My Masters only ordered me to fight you, not kill you. For the record." He released the weapons in a tight barrage.
This user is a guest
Last edit by blink: Jan 10, 2006 3:10:21 GMT -6
jeong
Jan 10, 2006 3:24:05 GMT -6

Post by jeong on Jan 10, 2006 3:24:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Hmmph...so let it continue." Jin Hu murmured as he saw the shuriken gliding ever closer. Jin Hu jumped high into the air and flipped forward, toward Halaku. As he descended he reached into his boot and pulled out the knife he "confiscated" from Halaku. He threw it and as he landed he did a sweep kick to take Halaku off his feet.
This user is a guest
blink
Jan 10, 2006 3:43:18 GMT -6

Post by blink on Jan 10, 2006 3:43:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The knife was easy to avoid, even in his tired state, a trick drumed into him and vital to his trade as a Galgori. The blade whispered past one shoulder harmlessly, allowing him to draw an identical blade, blade facing down, in time to be swept to the ground.

Halaku gathered his feet and lunged at Jin Hu, fists held together, blade pointing like a fang at the man's chest, chain-covered forearm trailing limp lengths of steel. It was sloppy, but Halaku didn't have the energy or room to spare for more refined technigues.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 10, 2006 13:01:26 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
OOC: Thanks Kiishu and Karena.

Katara cried out as Deyna sent a jet of fire in a whip-like movement at her; quickly, she rolled to the left. The disgusting smell of burnt hair filled her nostrils as the tip of her braid was singed by Deyna's attack. Sweat poured from Katara's face, a combination of exhaustion and nervousness. It was impossible for her to win at this point, but maybe, just maybe, she could pull a stalemate.

Yanking her water skin off her belt, she flung it with all her might at her opponent. Not waiting to see if it made contact, Katara looked frantically around to see if there was anything else she could throw. Hisssss!!! Off to her right! What was that? She turned to see a jet of steam shooting from a crack in the surface. It may not be liquid water, she thought, but it still hurts! Katara stretched out her hands and harnessed the steam, sending it flying over to Deyna.
This user is Mod
deyna
Jan 10, 2006 16:12:20 GMT -6

Post by deyna on Jan 10, 2006 16:12:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: Yeah thanx.

The steam hit Deyna full on in the chest, the pressure knocked him back and flipped over a boulder; the heat burned his skin. He got to his feet groaning in pain, his face red from the new burns he had recieved. I should have expected that... He rushed forward trailing his arms behind him, he jumped onto the boulder and brought his arms above his head and flames shot out of his fists. He smirked as the fire formed into three balls which he began swinging around him in an awkward dance. He jumped from the boulder and rushed Katara again.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jan 10, 2006 18:36:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 10, 2006 18:36:44 GMT -6

Kanea looked at Kiishu and smiled as she looked at his staff. She bowed to him, for she was ready to fight him, it was just a sign of respect to him.

Kiishu, it is nice of you to fight me. I am ready when you are. Kanea told him, as she held her two swords in a defensive position. She started to slowly walk around him to measure what kind of fighting style he would use.
This user is a former member
kiishu
Jan 10, 2006 19:18:09 GMT -6

Post by kiishu on Jan 10, 2006 19:18:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kiishu apologized as he saw her bow. "Oh, sorry, I should show you the proper respect as well." Bowing to her, he then resumed his defensive stance. He could see that her stance was also defensive, though he wasn't sure how far a fight would go if they both defended. He decided he would wait for her to make the first move. He thought it was pretty likely, because though Kanea was defending as well, she was edging slowly around him. He watched her carefully, always facing her, prepared for anything.
This user is a guest
Last edit by blink: Jan 10, 2006 19:18:49 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jan 10, 2006 20:40:31 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 10, 2006 20:40:31 GMT -6

Kanea smiled at Kiishu, as she noticed that he was watching her. She knew that he would not be attacking her soon, so she thought that it was better that she start the fight. She made a quick movement to the left and then stopped reversing to the right, and made a quick slash at his arm while she kept up her left sword to defend herself. She would be ready for him if she should find him more of a challenge.

Kanea pressed on her attack at Kiishu, she could feel the cold and it was not the most pleasant feeling that she had ever felt. But the warm blood that coursed though her veins kept her warm.
kiishu
Jan 10, 2006 20:46:50 GMT -6

Post by kiishu on Jan 10, 2006 20:46:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kiishu blocked with his staff, and attempted to knock her off balance with a sweep of his staff aimed at her legs. He recovered back to his defensive position, prepared for a counter attack. She's fast... I'll have to watch out for that. I'm willing to bet she's no pushover either. Kiishu readied himself.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jan 10, 2006 20:56:25 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 10, 2006 20:56:25 GMT -6

Kanea was able to jump back just in time to avoid being knocked off her feet. She could feel her legs were becoming a little stiff due to the cold. She could not help but to smile at Kiishu, as she felt the staff brush against her legs. She knew that she would have to look out for that in the future with him.

Kanea looked at Kiishu with a bit more respect in her eyes. If he had more training he could, in time, become her equal. She slowly circled him before she dared to come close to him. She went first with her right sword aimed at his staff while her left sword went close to his chest. She kept her feet ready for the time that she knew that she would have to quickly jump back from him. She felt that he would enjoy to have her on the flat of her back.
kiishu
Jan 10, 2006 21:15:27 GMT -6

Post by kiishu on Jan 10, 2006 21:15:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kiishu was at first surprised that she bothered to aim for his staff, until he saw that the other sword was aimed for his chest. He blocked the first sword easily, and twisted his staff, knocking her other sword to the side instead. However, because the two strikes were so close, he didn't quite move her sword in time, and the second blow grazed his upper arm. It sliced through his upper robe and cut his arm. A small trickle of blood began to flow. Man, injured already... I need to find a way to counter that move... He spun all the way around, bringing his staff in a horizontal arc toward her. He didn't think it would hit, but at least it would put a little distance between them... for the moment.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jan 10, 2006 23:14:24 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
OOC: Note after watching episode 8: Avatar Roku (Winter Solsitice Part 2): Shiyu says that Avatar Roku created the caverns out of the magma... Solves our dilemna, doesn't it?

Karena remembered that Earthbending required muscles, and was glad that he was so young. A more... vindictive and spiteful part of her caused her to smirk, wanting to win the fight. Karena kicked at Shijin, then quickly turned, and sent a punch towards him, both sending streams of fire towards her. She smirked again, hoping she gained the upper hand in the fight, and would then win it...
This user is Mod
shijin
Jan 11, 2006 1:20:02 GMT -6

Post by shijin on Jan 11, 2006 1:20:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Shijin ducks to doge the kick, but is blinded because of the fire he puts his arms in front of him for he suspected another attack from her. His suspicion was right as he felt the blow from Karena's fist connect with his arm, which makes him slide back on his back. Breathing hard, still exhausted from not only doing alot of earth bending, but also his injuries, Shijin passes out.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jan 11, 2006 2:33:40 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Karena smirked as she saw Shijin pass out. She walked over to him, and stood over him, her arms crossed, the confident smirk still on her face. "This fight is over." She said, even though she knew he couldn't hear her. She had won, and that was what mattered. She couldn't wait until her next fight. She would be in her own arena, and would beat him again.

OOC:

FIGHT OVER!

Now, all we have to do is wait for Kiishu's scores.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 11, 2006 11:07:55 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Katara noticed Deyna rushing her. Oh no....what do I do?!? Then she had an idea. Harnessing the steam that rose from the cracks in the ground between them, Katara pushed--causing the ground to separate.

OOC: I hope that isnt godmoding. If it is, tell me, and I'll change it.

Akira and Kaven!!!! I havent seen you guys post much!
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jan 11, 2006 11:10:11 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jan 11, 2006 13:40:50 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
OOC: Methinks it is, Katara. Don't see how you could do that. However, I'm not your GM, Quan-Li is...
This user is Mod
bahk45
Jan 11, 2006 17:37:03 GMT -6

Post by bahk45 on Jan 11, 2006 17:37:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Katara, that type of godmoding is alright. You took advantage of a situation, and yea, you can expand a crack in the ground with water - whether vapor, mist, or fixed water - and separate the ground with the pressure, but it won't be a huge separation. Here's a little hint...the more water vapor you collect, the more it can actually form water, but in a type of container only.

Deyna, good job with your RPing. Just remember, also, lava makes flames from whatever it can burn besides rock. You may want to look onto your character for such stuff (not sure what you're character has on.)

Also, I rolled the magic dice...hehe (my 20 sided die here) and lets put it this way, you found that the crack was heading in front of you, then split in two directions. I'll let you figure out what else to do.

—- Just like a GM suppose to do:)
This user is a guest
Last edit by blink: Jan 11, 2006 17:38:10 GMT -6
kaven
Jan 11, 2006 19:11:11 GMT -6

Post by kaven on Jan 11, 2006 19:11:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: Still waiting for Akira to post Katara...
This user is a guest