The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

RPG Battle Training

akira
Jan 11, 2006 21:02:51 GMT -6

Post by akira on Jan 11, 2006 21:02:51 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
/ooc Try balancing two part time jobs, advance school work for college apps, household chores, not to mention dying family. See how often you find the time to post.

Akira twitched slightly, he had to go first apparently, and he hated going first, he really did not like hurting other people and it always seemed easier when defending. Taking a deep breath, he raised his arms to his side in his classic bending style for a fight, his body to the side so as to minimize his exposer, his feet spread about 1/4 the way possible apart, his arm closses to Kaven raised, the other extended as well, although only about as high as his waist. After evening himself with the earth and the tension inside himse, he flicked his wrist lightly, causing three fist size rocks to raise into the air, hovering their until another flick of the wrist sent them hurtling towards Akira's opponent.
This user is a guest
deyna
Jan 11, 2006 21:57:52 GMT -6

Post by deyna on Jan 11, 2006 21:57:52 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
admin said:
OOC: Note after watching episode 8: Avatar Roku (Winter Solsitice Part 2): Shiyu says that Avatar Roku created the caverns out of the magma... Solves our dilemna, doesn't it?

OOC: Wait does that mean what I think it means? Or did I take it the wrong way? Kind of says a Firebender can manipulate magma...

The cracks spread between Katara and Deyna as he continued his dance. He saw them, calculated the distance, and did a quick spin-jump over the majority of them. He continued forward, stumbling a tiny bit on the smaller cracks he could not avoid.
This user is a guest
Last edit by deyna: Jan 12, 2006 18:03:14 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 11, 2006 22:18:53 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
OOC to Akira: No problem hon, just had to post something to show I was paying attention to you guys.

OOC to Quan-Li: Cool.
This user is Mod
jeong
Jan 12, 2006 5:29:19 GMT -6

Post by jeong on Jan 12, 2006 5:29:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Jin Hu was suprised at this vicious, almost barbaric maneuever that his opponent was using. But not suprised enough not to react. Immediately re reached into his boot right boot and retrieved his knife.

Bringing it up to defend he put crossway his left arm, hammer and arm to counteract with his chain arm. Within a milisecond the two men's arms became a mangle of sharp steel. Jin Hu winced in pain as he took cuts to his arm, but made sure he thrusted his arm out.

Taking Halaku's momentum, Jin Hu rolled backwards, with Halaku in tow.

(Sorry for my small hiatus everyone, especially my sparring partner Halaku.)
This user is a guest
Last edit by deyna: Jan 12, 2006 5:30:19 GMT -6
kiishu
Jan 12, 2006 7:05:06 GMT -6

Post by kiishu on Jan 12, 2006 7:05:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: No, it doesn't mean firebenders can bend magma, because he's an Avatar... it only means magma CAN be bended. Like I said, magma has all the properties of earth. Waterbenders bend water as a solid, liquid, or gas, so the same should be true for earthbenders, whether the earth is a liquid of a solid. I know I'm right... don't try to disprove my logic.

Now for the scores of Karena and Shijin!

w00t! Rainbow!

Karena: Excellent! I especially like your use of emotions and thought patterns before and after the fight. If I had to list a mistake you made, you shoved my name in there once instead of Shijin... how mean. Allow me also to put an opinion in here... Fire dagger? I don't know too many firebenders who actually bend the fire into weapons.

Shijin: Fair. The main problem was your excessive godmoding, but luckily for your sake you fixed that near the end. Also, all the roleplaying you do is in present-tense; It should be done in past tense. That is to say, He did, instead of, He's does. One last thing; Work on your beginning. You had no emotion in your opening, no opinion. I guess I'll have to require you to take the training again, with less godmoding. If you think for some reason that I'm being mean, trust me, I'm the nice one. Though it wasn't bad at the end, I'll give you that much.
This user is a guest
Last edit by deyna: Jan 12, 2006 7:35:25 GMT -6
deyna
Jan 12, 2006 8:17:35 GMT -6

Post by deyna on Jan 12, 2006 8:17:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: I wasn't trying to disprove your logic, I was simply asking a question.
This user is a guest
blink
Jan 12, 2006 10:56:07 GMT -6

Post by blink on Jan 12, 2006 10:56:07 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
jeong said:
(Sorry for my small hiatus everyone, especially my sparring partner Halaku.)

(No harm done. Almost done anyway)

Halaku, too tired to properly react to the tumble, landed on his back with Jin Hu above him. The larger man's bulk functionally pinned the Galagori to the hot ground and he coudl feel his robe charring, his body shaking. This fight was almost over if this position continued.

Halaku headbutted Jin Hu and shifted his chain arm enough in the distraction for him to free his knife. The blade arched for Jin's bicep. Despite his predicament, this fight was the best he had had for the longest time.

This user is a guest
Last edit by deyna: Jan 12, 2006 11:34:24 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 12, 2006 13:27:16 GMT -6

OOC to Kaven: Kaven you're doing ok, just make your posts a little longer.
OOC to Akira: Try improving your sentence structure, and using "he" or "his" less.
OOC to Deynoa: Er, I dont get what you're saying in your RP.....
This user is Mod
akira
Jan 12, 2006 17:24:30 GMT -6

Post by akira on Jan 12, 2006 17:24:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
/ooc I have never formally heard his name, so I try not using it for reality sake.
This user is a guest
kaven
Jan 12, 2006 17:46:18 GMT -6

Post by kaven on Jan 12, 2006 17:46:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kaven took an offensive stance, sheathing his long sword, instead of the usual defensive. He grinned as the three rocks soared through the air, meeting them with three larger fireballs before rolling to the right and launching several more fireballs, travelling behind them. He unsheathed his sword and leaped into the air, still hidden by the fireballs. If Akira didn't see him in time, it could mean victory.
This user is a guest
akira
Jan 12, 2006 18:07:07 GMT -6

Post by akira on Jan 12, 2006 18:07:07 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Akira indeed could not see him jump forward, but his intended block was ment to block/attack the most powerful of assaults. Before he even saw Kaven's fire balls launching at him he himself did a slight jump into the air, landing with his fist into the ground, and although his hand barely touched it, the impacted at first seemed to cause a buoyancy effect in the earth, his hand pushing into it and a large wave of earth rushing up to even the added weight, and reaching forward with his other hand he pushed it forward, using his bending to move the wall that was just slightly taller than himself and maybe three feet wide to wards Kaven, a large shield of Rock and dirt between himself and both the impending fire balls and kaven, quickly closing the gap between itself and Akira's opponent..
This user is a guest
Last edit by deyna: Jan 12, 2006 18:58:04 GMT -6
kaven
Jan 12, 2006 18:33:24 GMT -6

Post by kaven on Jan 12, 2006 18:33:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Seeing the the wall arise, Kaven quickly adjusted his movements, landing on top of the wall before jumping down to the ground behind Akira. He sheathed his sword and began launching fireballs that short distance, occaisonally sweeping his foot along the ground, sending waves of flames across the floor of the battlefield.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jan 12, 2006 19:50:27 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 12, 2006 19:50:27 GMT -6

Kanea noticed that Kiishu had fallen for the trick and let his guard down a little, for he was watching out for the first sword. She smiled at the fact that she had drawn first blood. She slowly backed away from Kiishu as he raised his staff up.

How she was enjoying this fight was hard to measure, a smile rested on her lips as she gazed at him. She slowly walked to her left, keeping her eyes focused on his. To better understand your enemies movements the eyes give everything away.

Kanea went quickly forward at a straight on attack on Kiihu. She had an idea of what he might do. She dodged to the left, while having her right sword came slashing out at him. Her left sword was moving on its own, it was coming under her other sword and straight towards Kiishu.

She was hoping that this would end the game, so that she would be able to move on to the next target.
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 12, 2006 20:25:24 GMT -6

akira said:
/ooc I have never formally heard his name, so I try not using it for reality sake.

OOC: I was referring to how you spoke about yourself. Also, try to limit the use of commas, and make it so that your rp isnt all one big long sentence.

Katara attempted to gather more steam to push it out at Deyna. However, she couldnt get enough. As Deyna headed to her, Katara took off her shoe and threw it at him. Without waiting for it to make contact, she ran out of the way, taking off her other shoe and threwit as well.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jan 13, 2006 21:43:32 GMT -6
deyna
Jan 12, 2006 21:26:32 GMT -6

Post by deyna on Jan 12, 2006 21:26:32 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Seeing the shoes, Deyna stopped his dance. He knelt to the ground touching it with his palms. The three fireballs converged and spread over him in a dome which then expanded to incinerate the shoes. He stood back up, the fire having been dispelled. "You are getting desperate aren't you?" The captain extended his arms, did a quick spin and fire flashed out of his fists. He returned back to facing Katara, his hands spread out below his waist. He brought his hands above his head and the fire followed them and condensed into a bright shining ball of fire. He smirked and then threw the ball at her general direction. Ten feet away it exploded and sent small flames and embers flying at the Waterbender.
This user is a guest
Last edit by deyna: Jan 12, 2006 21:27:11 GMT -6
firedude456
Jan 12, 2006 22:31:00 GMT -6

Post by firedude456 on Jan 12, 2006 22:31:00 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Zuran stood near the base of a large volcano. He liked it here. The lava was flowing around him and fire was everywhere. He waited for his partner, Riotos, in silence, examining the enviroment around him.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jan 12, 2006 22:52:52 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Kanea - Your swords had no direction, and it could be confusing to some if they do not in which direction your swords are going. Try to be a bit more descriptive.

OOC: And on to Fight 2...

Karena stood confidently in her home, the Fire Nation, for her next fight with Shijin. She had beaten him the first time, and intended to do it again. A condfident smirk crossed her face. This would prove to be most enjoyable...
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jan 12, 2006 23:27:10 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jan 12, 2006 23:27:43 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
OOC: Edited my last post.
This user is Mod
shijin
Jan 12, 2006 23:38:10 GMT -6

Post by shijin on Jan 12, 2006 23:38:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Shijin had an irritated look on his face angry on the fact that he lost the first round. He looked around scanning the area they were fighting at he groaned. Not wanting to make the first move he moves in to a fighting pose waiting for Karena's attack.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jan 12, 2006 23:57:38 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Karena faced Shijin and smirked. "Ready to get beaten again?" She got in her fight stance. "This time, I won't go so easy on you." Karena, always keeping her eyes on Shijin, spun around, and sent a firey kick towards Shijin's chest.
This user is Mod