The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

RPG Battle Training

akira
Jan 13, 2006 1:38:09 GMT -6

Post by akira on Jan 13, 2006 1:38:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
/ooc it was one mess of a sentence and one solid one n_n hehehe.

Akira gave out a bit of a shout in angered surprise that someone could jump a good five and a half feet in the air, let alone the others, and his mind froze for a precious second at initial moment, so when he bent the earthen wall (that had stopped do to akira's sudden loss of concentration) around him, it was a split second to late. With a slight wince Akira felt the first fireball burn straight across the top of his shoulder, the skin easily being burned away before it hit the cold earth behind him, dying out there. Akira could feel the bombardment of Kaven's assault on his barrier and could feel the shaky defense crumbling as his concentration wained. With a low breath the back part of Akira's Barrier melted back to the soft soil and he stepped quickly out of it, planning to sneak attack his foe who he hoped would be busy with the rapidly diminishing Shell of earth that had protected Akira.
This user is a guest
Last edit by akira: Jan 14, 2006 14:33:03 GMT -6
bahk45
Jan 13, 2006 11:04:35 GMT -6

Post by bahk45 on Jan 13, 2006 11:04:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Katara: LMAO! Thowing shoes now? hehe...good use of what you have on ya, though...:D

Deyna: Pretty good there. But be on your guard at all times within a Volcano, and that includes Katara as well.

(I've seen and decided this is gonna be turning into a stalemate, so I have to take some action as the volcano to explain what the environment is turning into. Remember, volcanoes can always change shape.)

A rumble sounded deep from below, which caused an earthquake that would shake people off their feet. The lava to the side began rushing faster and almost spatters where the combatants are standing, but never lands up that high. The cracks that Katara created finally start forming together, collapsing the ground before them, leaving both combatants on giant pedestals of rock with lava below. The pedestal that Katara was on was wobbling, then finally fell into the huge one Deyna stood upon, creating a bridge effect. The pedestal of Deyna's was large enough to hold the weight.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 13, 2006 21:50:37 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
OOC to Akira: Doing well! I suggest checking your spelling, making sure it is correct and the right word. For example "that had stopped do to akira's sudden loss of concentration." I believe you mean "due" instead of "do." Also, you need to check capitalization. "Shell of earth"--shell ought not to be capitalized, while your name in "akira's sudden loss" ought to be.

OOC to Kaven: So far so good! I suggest lengthening your posts, however.

OOC to Quan-Li: n_n;; *mwehehehehehehehe* I'm running out of options, what else was I supposed to do? Wait for him to kill me? Thanks for altering the situation. However, I'm not sure I understand. Now, we are closer together and have less space? Is that the deal?
This user is Mod
shijin
Jan 13, 2006 21:53:41 GMT -6

Post by shijin on Jan 13, 2006 21:53:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Shijin chuckled at Karena's words, then replied "I won't lose this time." As Karena came toward him Shijin dropped to his back do avoid both Karena's kick, and the flame that came with it. He rolled toward her right side while lifting his leg up in hopes to trip her trying to get her off balance.
This user is a guest
jeong
Jan 14, 2006 5:47:06 GMT -6

Post by jeong on Jan 14, 2006 5:47:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Jin Hu exhaled confidently as he landed on top of his skilled opponent, but his celebration was short-lived as he felt Halaku's strong forehead connect with his. His head went into a complete jumble as he reared back from it. But he did see the man's chain arm and he quickly reacted. He shoved his hand into his boot and took out his knife. He twisted it to the side just in time to see a knifed hand move for his arm. "Oh no you don't."

But it was too late. The knife plunged into his arm and he grimaced as he felt muscles tear. He yelled in agony and revenge leaped into his eyes as he put his knife hand down aiming for Halaku's upper left shoulder.

((Gruesome, simply gruesome ;D))
This user is a guest
Last edit by akira: Jan 14, 2006 6:07:30 GMT -6
bahk45
Jan 14, 2006 10:37:22 GMT -6

Post by bahk45 on Jan 14, 2006 10:37:22 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Katara, exactly! Let's put it this way...the piece of earth that Deyna was on is about 60 feet long by 30 feet wide, with the bridge that now you're on....unless you jumped and rolled onto the platform Deyna is on. Remember, young one, bending is based upon martial art moves. You can still use the bending technique, but close enough to fight hand to hand. I'm still trying to figure out if this first battle suppose to be just bending or what. That's why I said about bending being a form of martial arts. If you cannot beat your opponent, wear your opponent out, and trust me, I think both are wearing out with the heat that is being emitted from below!

Also, look for Stalagtites and Stalagmites...really, look above you. Usually those rock forms drips water, which makes a volcano very unstable.

Deyna, try different techniques besides fireballs:)
This user is a guest
blink
Jan 14, 2006 11:38:20 GMT -6

Post by blink on Jan 14, 2006 11:38:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Now it gets messy. Dodge this!)

Halaku felt the knife puch into muscle and winced. In blind reaction, he pulled downward with his own knife, tearing through more flesh on Jin Hu's arm. Blood splashed on the assasin's face and chest.The sensation of heat from below began to reach painful levels as it blackened his robe.
This user is a guest
Last edit by akira: Jan 14, 2006 11:40:36 GMT -6
jeong
Jan 14, 2006 12:34:17 GMT -6

Post by jeong on Jan 14, 2006 12:34:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
((Damn You))

Jin Hu again yelled out in pain. Damn him I'm gonna die from blood loss if this persists, I've gotta end it. He pulled Halaku's knife from his arm and he gripped his robes, he then got his footing and lifted with the strength he had remaining. He now was standing upright with Halaku in hands above. His knife was still embedded in his shoulder, using it as leverage and for extra hurt. He then came down hard, with all his might, slamming his opponent hard on the floor. Stop fighting dammit.

((Top that my worthy adversary.))
This user is a guest
blink
Jan 14, 2006 16:50:19 GMT -6

Post by blink on Jan 14, 2006 16:50:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Indeed. Halaku is jsut about done.)

The world blinked as Halaku felt himself lifted. The assasin instinctively attempted to roll as he was thrown downward, but his tired body was unable to fully comply with the request. His wounded shoulder hit the ground hard and the world blinked again, a wash of red drowning everything.

Halaku had nothing left to fight with, muscles burning with exhaution and bleeding from both shoulders, but he refused to go down not looking his opponent in the the eye. He painstakingly levered himself to his knees and looked up at Jin Hu with accepting eyes and whispered, "I am exhausted... Take my life as your prize. You are the... kind of people... my kin fight to fill the world with. Thank you."

Halaku smiled and lifted his chin to expose his throat to any attack his foe might unleash.
This user is a guest
jeong
Jan 14, 2006 19:44:13 GMT -6

Post by jeong on Jan 14, 2006 19:44:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
((Finally the gory battle is over.))

Jin Hu inhaled deeply after he had slammed his opponent. He had begun to feel light-headed. Blood was seeping from all over he wasn't even sure where his wounds were. He could barely stand upright as his hands fell to his side. The heat was beating hard against his body and the sweat had built up in pools all over him. Blood leaked from his fingers and hit the magma heated floor.

He let his opponent's actions and words seep deep into his mind until he responded. " You are perhaps the greatest warrior who I've ever met. My friend....... I have too much respect for yo to kill you in such a way. Perhaps we'll meet again." He turned away and made his way down the mountain.

FIGHT OVER
This user is a guest
blink
Jan 14, 2006 20:08:50 GMT -6

Post by blink on Jan 14, 2006 20:08:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Glorious! Great fun... Now we wait for our absentee GM, Kanea, to give us both grades. Hopefully we merit that much feedback after such a lengthy fight.)
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jan 14, 2006 23:58:15 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Karena nearly tripped for Shijin's leg. "Damn you." She said, stepping back from him. "You'll lose if I have anything to say about it." She said, then sent a fireblasts toward him, one towards his legs, one towards his chest, and one towards his head.
This user is Mod
jeong
Jan 15, 2006 6:10:14 GMT -6

Post by jeong on Jan 15, 2006 6:10:14 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
((That was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed it. It was like a seven day fight. And it was bloody as hell.))
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jan 15, 2006 13:26:42 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
OOC: Karena's coming to take me to work tomorrow morning, so I'll make sure I point her in this direction.
This user is Mod
riotos
Jan 15, 2006 15:38:28 GMT -6

Post by riotos on Jan 15, 2006 15:38:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: Zuran, sorry for the wait. School has been super busy.

Riotos scanned the area for Zuran. The flames licked the air and the magma seemed to roar with savage delight at the thought of a match. Finally he caught a glimpse of his opponent, standing patiently in the midst of the fiery chaos. "Hey Zuran!" he shouted. Riotos quickly sped over to him, letting the heat envelop his body with each step. "Sorry for the wait," he spoke while extending his hand in a polite manner, "I decided to take a quick nap before our match and I guess my body had other plans." He gave a wane smile. "Ready?"
This user is a guest
Last edit by akira: Jan 15, 2006 15:41:20 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 15, 2006 19:13:47 GMT -6

OOC to Quan-Li: Thanks. On to my post! w00t!

Katara shrieked as
A rumble sounded deep from below, which caused an earthquake that would shake people off their feet. The lava to the side began rushing faster and almost spatters where the combatants are standing, but never lands up that high. The cracks that Katara created finally start forming together, collapsing the ground before them, leaving both combatants on giant pedestals of rock with lava below. The pedestal that Katara was on was wobbling, then finally fell into the huge one Deyna stood upon, creating a bridge effect. The pedestal of Deyna's was large enough to hold the weight. Realizing that now it would be easier to make hand-to-hand moves, she quickly turned to the left, putting her right hand at her waist, she balled it into a fist; then, she swung her arm out, aiming for Deyna's stomach.

OOC: Imagine a sword in her hand. Kind of like that.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jan 15, 2006 19:41:43 GMT -6
deyna
Jan 16, 2006 0:20:17 GMT -6

Post by deyna on Jan 16, 2006 0:20:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Deyna regained his balance from the quake only to see Katara's fist plunge into his stomach knocking the breathe out of him and causing him to hunch over for a second. Not good... After recomposing himself, he made a grab for her wrist with his left hand while swinging his right fist up from under going for her elbow; he was trying to break her arm.
This user is a guest
Last edit by akira: Jan 19, 2006 8:24:19 GMT -6
firedude456
Jan 16, 2006 1:08:26 GMT -6

Post by firedude456 on Jan 16, 2006 1:08:26 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Hey, Riotos! I think we should get this battle started." Zuran got into a firebending stance. He kept a fair distance away, waiting for the perfect time to strike.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 16, 2006 9:37:13 GMT -6

OOC: w00t! Now this is a battle! *ish tired of throwing things* Oh yeah, I like your comment on the bottom of your avatar...."U can't spell slaughter without laughter." *dies laughing*

Still in the momentum of her swing, Katara noticed out of the corner of her eye what Deyna was doing. Using the momentum of her first punch, she moved her arm out of harms way while swinging her left leg up to kick him in the face.
This user is Mod
bahk45
Jan 16, 2006 10:38:50 GMT -6

Post by bahk45 on Jan 16, 2006 10:38:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Now this is a battle! Deyna and Katara...remember, Deyna's hands may or may not have any fire radianting from them...up to him. One punch from a firy hand could cause major burning!! OUCH! Or worse, catch Katara on fire with her clothing!

Both are doing great now:)

[glow=blue,2,300]Correction: her to a him...LOL...sorry![/glow]
This user is a guest
Last edit by akira: Jan 16, 2006 17:58:11 GMT -6