The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

RPG Battle Training

deyna
Jan 7, 2006 17:02:37 GMT -6

Post by deyna on Jan 7, 2006 17:02:37 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Katara catches his wrist just a hair from her throat. He cycles his left fist back down from the block, brings it forward, and sends a fire blast aimed at Katara's chest. "Block this!"
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 7, 2006 17:18:28 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Katara's hand was still covered in water. She quickly transfered it to her left hand and blocked the fireball, evaporating it. Now, she was completely out of water.
This user is Mod
deyna
Jan 7, 2006 17:48:43 GMT -6

Post by deyna on Jan 7, 2006 17:48:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Deyna pulled his wrist back towards his body while thrusting his knee up towards Katara's stomahce; he was hoping to use her own grip against her.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 7, 2006 17:54:55 GMT -6

Katara gasped as Deyna's knee hit her stomach. Her hand let go of his wrist; she flew across the arena and landed with a dull thud on the ground. Groaning, she got up quickly. Suddenly, the world spun. Katara collapsed, trying to stop the dizzyness.

OOC: is "dizzyness" a word?!? O_o?
This user is Mod
deyna
Jan 7, 2006 22:03:28 GMT -6

Post by deyna on Jan 7, 2006 22:03:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Deyna ran towards Katara swinging his right hand up from his torso area. A jet of flame was emitted from his fist causing him to have a string of flame trailing from his fist. He swung it like a whip at Katara hoping to sear her across her face.

OOC: Don't know if it is.
This user is a guest
Last edit by deyna: Jan 7, 2006 22:10:00 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jan 8, 2006 0:37:42 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
OOC: I'll think about it, but that's a lot of threads. Maybe each pairing posts in a differnet color? Oh, and Katara - Thanks for wanting to help, but Kiishu's our GM. Okay? And I think dizzyness is a word. If not, who cares.

Karena saw Shijin run towards her, intending to punch her, or so it seemed. She dodged quickly, and then making a fire dagger appear in one of her hands, she moved her fist towards Shijin's shoulder, intending to burn him and catch him off guard.

[glow=blue,2,300]Kiishu Edit: You put my name instead of Shijin... I'm insulted...[/glow]
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jan 9, 2006 18:37:01 GMT -6
shijin
Jan 8, 2006 3:36:06 GMT -6

Post by shijin on Jan 8, 2006 3:36:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Shijin sees the fire dagger coming toward him, and tries to move his body to doge but he failed and got burned on his right shoulder. He got off balance and falls on his back. he rolls backward to get back on his feet, holding on to his shoulder tightly to reduce the pain.

Shijin jumps back so he could stay away from hand- to-hand combat. He lifts both his hands but to bring up two rocks almost the size of Karena ignoring the burning pain in his shoulder, he claps his hands together trying to make the rocks smash together with Karena in between.
This user is a guest
kaven
Jan 8, 2006 7:30:47 GMT -6

Post by kaven on Jan 8, 2006 7:30:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: It's Dizziness
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jan 8, 2006 12:15:07 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Karena didn't have much time to get away. Quickly, she jumped forward, landing on her chest on the ground in front of her. She glanced back the two rocks, and then at Shijin, glaring, silently cursing the fact that it was night and she wasn't at her full power.

Karena got up, and sent a fury of kicks and punches towards Shijin, the power still strong despite the lack of sunlight.
This user is Mod
blink
Jan 8, 2006 12:43:23 GMT -6

Post by blink on Jan 8, 2006 12:43:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Karena, you are so evil. Two people with a variety of chain weapons, blades, and melee talent going toe to toe on a volcano? You're nuts! Why don't you make the volcano erupt while were fighting and make it a 'jump around slabs of melting granite' skirmsih while you're at it? *pause* I didn't mean that literally...)

Halaku, tall, lithe, and and robed in white, waited near the center of a rock platou amid streams of lava. A variety of knives, shuirkens, and one less-than-leathel collapsable pick were secreted about his body. His dark eyes reflected the glare as he wound a six foot barbed chain about one arm and anchored it in place. It didn't matter why he was here. All that mattered was that his Golgari Masters had ordered him to come here and fight the one called 'Jin Hu'.

There was no resource but faith. No hope but death.
This user is a guest
Last edit by deyna: Jan 8, 2006 12:53:48 GMT -6
bahk45
Jan 8, 2006 12:48:25 GMT -6

Post by bahk45 on Jan 8, 2006 12:48:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I finally got here. Katara, you can use anything in the arena to help you out in your battle. For both of you, Katara and Deyna, and as I am your GM, a volcano has many advantages for both, besides lava. There are rocks littered about, along with dirt. As to the lava running, it's usually down a cliffside about 25 feet down or around there since it runs like a river, sometimes eating out the underlying rock where you both are battling, so certain areas could have a hidden danger of fragile rock - can one of you find it? Usually the heat would make you both sweat, and the smell is aweful, a bit worse than a skunk smell. Yea, my major was Geology in college...LOL. Well, let the battle progress:)
This user is a guest
shijin
Jan 8, 2006 12:56:12 GMT -6

Post by shijin on Jan 8, 2006 12:56:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Damn" Shijin thought to himself as Karena came toward him putting his left side of his body to defend himself. As Karena came with her punches and kick he was able to doge a couple of attacks, but then got punch in the face sending him sliding back.

Shijin gets up stomping his foot to make spikes come up where Karena was. He raises his left arm picking up a rock about his size waiting for the right time to use it.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jan 8, 2006 12:58:59 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 8, 2006 12:58:59 GMT -6

Kanea was wearing a cloak for it was cold in the North Pole at night. She was ready for her fight with Kiishu. She was just testing out the balance in her swords. An evil smile on her face for it would prove to be fun.
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on Jan 8, 2006 13:17:31 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Karena quickly jumped off before the spike got too high, but ended up falling on her back. She moved backwards even more in case he would put even more spikes. Standing up, she sent a stream of fire towards him, hoping that the fire blast in his face had damaged his vision.
This user is Mod
akira
Jan 8, 2006 13:25:55 GMT -6

Post by akira on Jan 8, 2006 13:25:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Akira paced slowly in the rock hill side, his legs easily finding the foot paths for him, being accustomed as he was with them. "Blah.." He mumbled silently was the wind blew in his face, a feel of foreboding on him as he awaited his opponent. He had fought often, but it had rarely been an anticipated battle, mostly happening within seconds of preparation, he found this quiet unnerving.... to say the least, although the mountains in the background, and the smell of the firm soil pacified him.
This user is a guest
shijin
Jan 8, 2006 13:34:02 GMT -6

Post by shijin on Jan 8, 2006 13:34:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Shijin puts the rock he had a small distance infrount of him so he wouln't get hit by the blast. The rock gets detoryed causing dust to form. While he waits for the dust to clear he puts rocks on his fist then jumps up above Karena and dives down for a punch.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 8, 2006 16:07:37 GMT -6

bahk45 said:
I finally got here. Katara, you can use anything in the arena to help you out in your battle. For both of you, Katara and Deyna, and as I am your GM, a volcano has many advantages for both, besides lava. There are rocks littered about, along with dirt. As to the lava running, it's usually down a cliffside about 25 feet down or around there since it runs like a river, sometimes eating out the underlying rock where you both are battling, so certain areas could have a hidden danger of fragile rock - can one of you find it? Usually the heat would make you both sweat, and the smell is aweful, a bit worse than a skunk smell. Yea, my major was Geology in college...LOL. Well, let the battle progress:)

OOC: Thanks Quan-Li.
This user is Mod
jeong
Jan 8, 2006 16:58:55 GMT -6

Post by jeong on Jan 8, 2006 16:58:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Well this looks like its going to be a pretty tough fight, but I'm down. Well lets have a pretty good match.)

Jin Hu had a grueling walk up the side of the volcano he was atop. In the distance he could see a suspicious character clad in all white. This person seemed to be in prestine condition, while Jin Hu was sweaty and looked tired from his hike. He only wore his loose fitting black pants and no top. His buff upper body was shiny, greasy and had a little bit of dirt on him. He had on his metal studded bracers and his hair was starting to stick to his back. His hammers were criscrossed across the ass of his pants and he had a long knife in his boots.

"Are you the one called Halaku? I've come prepared for battle and I hope you're ready." With that Jin Hu ran head on at his opponent closing the distance quickly, awaiting his opponent's first move.
This user is a guest
blink
Jan 8, 2006 17:16:16 GMT -6

Post by blink on Jan 8, 2006 17:16:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Halaku nodded once, grey eyes cool and calm, as Jin Hu charged, "I am."

The Galgori darted left, letting the chain lash outword in an arch behind him before planting his feet and twisting to send the length of metal horizontally screaming at his target.
This user is a guest
Last edit by deyna: Jan 8, 2006 17:17:28 GMT -6
kaven
Jan 8, 2006 19:22:37 GMT -6

Post by kaven on Jan 8, 2006 19:22:37 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kaven sat on a small boulder, lookng over at Akira. This shouldn't be too hard... He unsheathed his broad sword and gripped it tightly. Within a few seconds, it was engulfed in flames, and he was advancing on his opponent. "You can have the first move..." This wasn't his favorite place to fight, but it didn't bother him, for he had destroy countless Earthbenders in this kind of environment.
This user is a guest