The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Gaoling

tyche
Feb 23, 2007 22:53:00 GMT -6

Post by tyche on Feb 23, 2007 22:53:00 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tyche nodded at Konpaku's words, and then started following him. After sometime they came to the gate and Tyche stopped just before passing through them. This was his last chance. Go through with this, or forget it. He shoot his head. No, he had already thought this through. He would do this. Placing through the gates now, he spoke to Konpaku.

"So, how long do you usually travel each day?" He didn't really care how long they traveled, but he still wanted to know. Tyche had once travel for 2 days straight, without sleep. That was not very nice. He didn't want to do that again.
This user is a guest
roax
Feb 26, 2007 6:34:07 GMT -6

Post by roax on Feb 26, 2007 6:34:07 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC:Li Mei you replied the wrong post. You already replied to that post and I replied to the one after that. But I'll go ahead and just repost my post here, okay?

Kuroda sat down like Nia asked him to. He loked over the menu quietly as Nia spoke. He listened and after a bit replied "that would be nice." What am I saying he thought going to meet this girls parents and I'm okay with it, what the heck has happened to me over the passed few days. When the waiter came he said "I'll have some jasmine tea also and I'll have a serving of rice." He then turned his head back as the waitress left to give the cook their orders and said "after this we'll go get some rooms at some inn and tommorrow we'll start looking for your teacher. And just to ask how long do oyu plan to look for a teacher?"

OOC:That is the correct post to be replying to.
This user is a guest
saami
Feb 26, 2007 9:02:04 GMT -6

Post by saami on Feb 26, 2007 9:02:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: *facepalm* I'm sorry. I don't know why I did that. My bad!!

Kuroda would come and meet her parents? Nia was delighted. Oh but that meant meeting her older sister and younger brother too...she would worry about them later. How long did she want to look for a teacher? Hmmm....She wasn't sure. "I don't know. I guess for a few days. If I can't find one, I suppose I could just watch a few earthbenders in action. That's how I learned to fight with my waterbending. I had to watch my dad cause none of the leaders would show me." she finished with a nod of her head. She folded her arms on the table and smiled at Kuroda. "Thanks for sticking with Kuro..." she said with a smile.

OOC: I saw your last post and I knew that was the one to reply to...Man my brain was being weird.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Feb 26, 2007 13:54:46 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Karena made sure to take the baby before Zuko started threatening the man, and stepped back, a satisifed look on her face. Yes, she no problem with Zuko beating up the man. Obviously, it would definetely make people think that they weren't firebenders. Clearly, it bothered them, right? At that moment, Karena remembered the clips Kanea had given her, and made a mental note to put her hair up somehow when they got back to the room. She also made another mental note for them to leave as soon as she was able. She wasn't stupid enough to think that they could stay for very long, or that she was able to travel.

She hoped that Zuko did show that guy a lesson. Who did he think he was? She didn't know what those posters had said about them, but clearly it didn't mention Zuko's skill, or hers. Of course, with hers, they probably mentioned that she had a baby, which was true, which basically counted her out of the fight. But, Zuko was very well able to fight, and she was more than happy to her fiancee defend her and their son, and of course, beat the livingg daylights out of the guy was threatening them. He deserved it. Boy, he had no idea what was coming... with or without firebending.

The guy smirked at Zuko, pushing himself away from him, seperating them. "Try it," he said. Looking the young man up and down, he replied, "I don't care if you are a Firebender or not, I can take you." He got into a fight stance. "You want to fight, be my guest." He would teach the Firebending scum to mess witih the Earth Kingdom...
This user is Mod
roax
Feb 26, 2007 15:30:22 GMT -6

Post by roax on Feb 26, 2007 15:30:22 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kuroda listened to Nia quietly. Only a few days he thought, if that's how long she wants to search for, then I guess that's as long as I have to prepare to meet her family. Kuroda listened on how she learned to waterbend and he replied "well I never actually seen you bend before so I don't know how good you are, but if your dad was good then I guess you'll be good too. Maybe later you can show me some bending of yours."
This user is a guest
jin
Feb 26, 2007 15:41:02 GMT -6

Post by jin on Feb 26, 2007 15:41:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
tyche said:
Tyche nodded at Konpaku's words, and then started following him. After sometime they came to the gate and Tyche stopped just before passing through them. This was his last chance. Go through with this, or forget it. He shoot his head. No, he had already thought this through. He would do this. Placing through the gates now, he spoke to Konpaku.

"So, how long do you usually travel each day?" He didn't really care how long they traveled, but he still wanted to know. Tyche had once travel for 2 days straight, without sleep. That was not very nice. He didn't want to do that again.

As they walked, Konpaku looked down at Tyche. 'Well, its not like we are in any sort of rush. We will probably go until sundown, but if we come across a decent terrain, then I wouldnt pass up the chance for some training.' He said to the young earthbender as they continued through the open plains of the Earth Kingdom. Konpkau smiled at him and started to wonder about Tyche's earthbending ability.

'I wonder what this kid is capable of? Maybe I might have more use for him then previously expected. I will need to test him though.' Konpaku thought to himself as they continued on the journey towards their destination.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Feb 26, 2007 21:29:22 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 26, 2007 21:29:22 GMT -6

((Time for fun))

Zuko took a few steps back after hearing this man’s acceptance of a challenge then again Zuko didn’t really ask for a fight he hadn’t even thought the man would fight back. In fact he didn’t really think about what to do after smacking this man. Truly Zuko was in over his head he couldn’t bend in this fight and if he did bend he would be found out.

My bending, Zuko thought as he realized what to expect. This man would most likely try his best to get Zuko to bend no matter what. If I bend I’ll get found out, if I don’t I’ll still be able to beat some respect into him, Zuko thought as he jumped straight for the man.

Zuko right hand quickly became a fist and that fist was sent straight for the left shoulder of his opponent. Then right after that Zuko followed up his technique with a left sidekick aimed at the man’s right side and this was quickly followed up by a right sidekick aimed up high. The past Zuko would have exploded into a furry of attacks but this Zuko had something planned, he would employ a tradition tactic and box in his opponent, however, many variables were in effect and bending was the prime this was something that Zuko let slip his mind.

“I really should get up,” Iroh said to himself under his warm blanket. This old man was in no hurry to get out of bed what did he really have going for him on the outside, nothing that’s what. In addition to that he needed to find work; then again that wouldn’t be too bad there was a tea shop nearby and he could go and work there. Or he could just wait till midday before getting up. That seemed best and will work best for him.
This user is a former member
tyche
Feb 26, 2007 23:01:40 GMT -6

Post by tyche on Feb 26, 2007 23:01:40 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tyche smiled. "That would be great. I'd love to see how I do against a Sandbender. I can't bend sand myself. Its to hard. I tried once you know. Just couldn't do it." He was silent for a little, and then he spoke again. "Tell ya what. If we find a good place, we'll spare. If, thats ok with you." Tyche's hands went down to the hammers strapped on either side of his belt. "Its been awhile since I had a good spare."

He was silent again, staring straight ahead. He also wanted to find out how good Konpaku was. If they got in a fight, Tyche wanted to know if Konpaku could hold his own. Tyche didn't want to be protecting him. He was a good earthbender, but maybe not that good.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Feb 27, 2007 1:50:02 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
OOC: Yes, you get your fun, Shio. Btw, your formatting is a bit off... I would have Karena suggest broadswords, like thrown them to him or something, but she doesn't really know about that... *sighs* And here I am, playing the defenseless house wife.

The man easily blocked the other man's first punch, and took a step back, moving his arm down to block the first kick, but was unable to get out of the way fast enough to block the second, which he hadn't seen coming. Damn him, he thought to himself. Seems like he might actually know what he's doing. He then sent a kick to his right side, before setting his foot down, and aiming a punch at the man, using his strength more than any small skill he might have possed.

Karena could tell by looking at this man that he had no real skill, unlike Zuko. She knew he had good technique. He didn't bending to beat this loser. All he had to do was use some his techniques from Firebending, and vary them enough so that no one would be able to tell by looking that he knew Firebending techniques. With Zuko's skill, this fight was over it even began. Karena could have easily blocked the attacks Zuko had done, especially since they were without bending - with would have it slightly harder - had she been in better shape. This man would have been a pushover for her.

Come on, Zuko... She thought to herself. Believe in yourself, like I believe in you. You are so good. Just show this guy how good you really are. She was sure that after this fight was over, he would regret ever messing with her. Nikuro was getting slightly upset at all the commotion, though, and Karena sushed him to keep him quiet. She couldn't leave Zuko, especially not now. She wished that the crowd that had begun to gather would go away, though. Hadn't they ever considered that this might be private? Oh, of course not...
This user is Mod
jin
Feb 27, 2007 2:37:42 GMT -6

Post by jin on Feb 27, 2007 2:37:42 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
tyche said:
Tyche smiled. "That would be great. I'd love to see how I do against a Sandbender. I can't bend sand myself. Its to hard. I tried once you know. Just couldn't do it." He was silent for a little, and then he spoke again. "Tell ya what. If we find a good place, we'll spare. If, thats ok with you." Tyche's hands went down to the hammers strapped on either side of his belt. "Its been awhile since I had a good spare."

He was silent again, staring straight ahead. He also wanted to find out how good Konpaku was. If they got in a fight, Tyche wanted to know if Konpaku could hold his own. Tyche didn't want to be protecting him. He was a good earthbender, but maybe not that good.

Konpaku was impressed with the boys confidence as he studied Tyche's body language. As they continued to walk through a clearing, Konpaku stood still. 'This looks like a good spot.' He said to Tyche as he signaled for him to stop and move into his initial stance. Konpaku slid his right foot out into a horse stance and then brought both of his fists to his waist. As he kept his eyes on his opponent, he brought his left knee up next to his right leg and jumped into the air. As he landed, the ground beneath his feet cracked apart and then a boulder flew up in front of him. As he then moved into kicking stance, he punched out with his right arm and sent the large piece of earth towards the young earthbender.

A basic move, but none the less, it usually proved effective. 'Fire, Water, Air and Earth. These bending arts all need a strong foundation, otherwise the user will be easily defeated.' Konpaku said to Tyche as he then proceeded to bring both of his feet together and brought both hands up in front of him. Another boulder lifted from the ground, Konpaku jumped and spun around in a 360 finishing with a vertical punch sending another boulder Tyche's way.
This user is a guest
tyche
Feb 27, 2007 22:50:32 GMT -6

Post by tyche on Feb 27, 2007 22:50:32 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
When Tyche had heard that Konpaku was ready to spare, he quickly drew both his hammers from his side and stood in a ready stance. Right leg in front of the left, knees bent, his right hand hammer pointing straight out at Konpaku, his left hand hammer hanging limp at his side. As Konpaku shot off his first boulder, Tyche stamped the ground with his right leg, making a pillar of four cube shaped rocks shoot up. Each cube rock was about the size of a large ball. When he had done this, Tyche brought his right arm around backwards and when it had come around, he struck the top cube rock on the pillar.

They collided in mid air, both smashing to pieces. For the second boulder, Tyche sidestepped, let the boulder pass by, and then returned to his pillar. He again struck the second rock with his right hammer, spun, and struck the third rock with his left hammer. Now two cubed rocks were headed for Konpaku.
This user is a guest
jin
Feb 28, 2007 3:25:19 GMT -6

Post by jin on Feb 28, 2007 3:25:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Konpaku moved into a widened horse stance, he then proceeded to move his left foot out and lowered his body until his left knee was parallel with the ground and 2 inches above it. His right leg was bent at 90 degrees by this point, giving the effect that he was kneeling. At the same time he had moved into this stance, he had unclenched his fists and pushed both hands out in front of him, palms open. When he had stomped the ground with his right foot moving into the stance, two small rocks uplifted from the ground and took the form of clenched fists. Pushing his arms out, had given the motive for the earth fists to move forward, gathering speed. As the fists collided with the cubes, both were destroyed and the two returned to the status quo they had previously been involved.

Impressed with what he had seen, Konpaku realized that he would have to try a different tact if he were to catch Tyche off guard. He only needed a split second, once an opponent becomes unbalanced, he is as good as defeated. Remembering what Tyche had mentioned to him before about having no range in the area of sand, he knew that would be his drawcard. To get the ball rolling, Konpaku crossed both of his arms with his palms facing Tyche. From the metal ring in the center of the gauntlets, grappling hooks projected at a furious speed towards the young earthbender.

Tyche may not have noticed at the time, but he was not the grappling hooks primary target. Konpaku's true intention with the grappling hooks was to stop the chain from releasing once they had passed Tyche's body on each side, the action of the instant locking of the chains would cause them to circle the young earthbenders body and bind him. If this didn't work, Konpaku crushed the rock around him, compressing the minerals in the ground, thus creating sand all around him.
This user is a guest
tyche
Feb 28, 2007 6:55:02 GMT -6

Post by tyche on Feb 28, 2007 6:55:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
A soft grunt escaped Tyche's mouth as he saw his two cube rocks smash against Konpaku's rocks. They had both done the same thing. Tyche had to think of something new. Something that would take his opponent by surprise. That when he remembered the move he had worked on for months before finally getting it. Yes, that move would work for sure. At least, he hoped so. His thoughts however, were cut short at Konpaku made his next move.

Tyche scowled. Those gauntlets. What else could they do? He should have asked more about them when he had the chance. Now, he had to act fast. This might be the chance to do his move. Tyche shifted to a horse stance, and thrust both his hands at the ground. Three walls shot up. One in front, and two on either side. The walls were slightly taller then Tyche, though only a few centimeters thick. That was another one of Tyche problems. He could make thick walls. He didn't know what Konpaku planned to do with those grappling hooks, but he wasn't going to stick around and find out. The next thing he did was to hold his right arm parallel to the ground, palms down, fist half clenched. Then, he unclenched his hand, and disappeared under ground.

It was a fairly simple earthbending move. The bender would bury himself underground, only to resurface some feet away. Tyche could only move himself about 10 feet underground, but that was enough. about five seconds later, Tyche shot from the ground about 10 feet to the left of his walls. He landed in a crouched position, his arms at his sides, again parallel to the ground, but this time palms up. He took a deep breath and began to push his arm forward. When they were half extended, he thrust his hands up. Half way between himself and Konpaku, a pillar, about five feet long, shot out of the ground. Not straight up, but at an angle so that it would hit Konpaku, if all went well.
This user is a guest
saami
Feb 28, 2007 16:53:01 GMT -6

Post by saami on Feb 28, 2007 16:53:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Nia grinned at Kuroda. She loved to bend. Especially when it meant she could show off. She was a female bender, true. But she was strong. And she liked making sure people knew that she was strong. bThe waitress appeared with their plates of food and set their meals in front of them. Nia smiled a gentle thank you at her before lifting her chopsticks and digging in.

She had forgotten how hungry she was and her stomach readily welcomed this food. She ate quietly, occasionally taking the time to steal a glance at Kuroda. She sure liked him a lot. Maybe one day, she would tell him how he made her feel. Nia blushed. She would tell him...soon. But for now, she would just enjoy his friendship. After all, these feelings were always so hard to express, especially when they aren't mutual.
This user is a guest
roax
Feb 28, 2007 16:56:53 GMT -6

Post by roax on Feb 28, 2007 16:56:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kuroda looked down at his food when it came. He smiled back at Nia when she smialed at him and began eating his food quietly and peacefully. How long as it been since I've been able to sit down and eat peacefully with someone Kuroda thought to himself happily. He looked to Nia as he ate, and noticed after a while that it seemed that she had something on her mind. He slowly put his chopsticks and after a small breath he asked "Nia, is there something on your mind?"
This user is a guest
jin
Mar 2, 2007 0:46:20 GMT -6

Post by jin on Mar 2, 2007 0:46:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Konpaku's smile quickly disappeared as Tyche evaded his grappling hooks. 'He is faster than he lets on, If I keep underestimating him this could end very badly for me.' He thought to himself as he noticed the stance that Tyche had moved in to by that point. His eyes widened as he knew what was coming. '..Th..at... Move... but how.... He is so young...' Konpaku said to himself as he waited for the move to progress. Creating a small sand storm, Konpaku was able to move unseen for a few seconds. As the pillar flew up from the ground, Konpaku was hit directly, to Tyche's amazement however, Konpaku seemed to be made of sand. As he was hit, he turned into a mound of sand and was blown away by the impact.

Konpaku then rose from the sand, 'Whew, that was close....' Konpaku thought to himself as he stared at Tyche as he started to breathe rather heavily. With his last ounce of energy, Konpaku moved into a sideward horse stance and then brought his right foot back in towards his body until they were shoulder width apart. He was now in an initial Chow Gar stance. As he brought his hands up in front of him with the palms facing to the sky, he turned his hands over and pushed the weight in his body towards the ground. The earth below Tyche's feet turned into quicksand. As Konpaku used Chow Gar, he closed his eyes to feel the vibrations in the earth, making his moves precise and forceful.
This user is a guest
tyche
Mar 2, 2007 3:42:03 GMT -6

Post by tyche on Mar 2, 2007 3:42:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
At seeing his pillar hit Konpaku, Tyche smiled, but then frowned as he saw Konpaku turn to sand and blow away. A fake? How could he do that? Tyche didn't know what else to do with this guy. This fight could go on forever and ever. At least, he knew now that Konpaku was a good Earthbender. Most likely better then himself. That sand. It really helped in fight. To bad Tyche himself couldn't bend it. It would come in very handy.

He was just about to raise his hands and declare that this fight was over, when he felt the ground beneath him soften. He yelled as he began to sink into the quicksand. Yes, bending sand was very nice. He held as still as possible, knowing if you struggled, you'd only sink faster. "Alright Konpaku. You win. Get me out of here." He yelled.
This user is a guest
jin
Mar 2, 2007 4:55:41 GMT -6

Post by jin on Mar 2, 2007 4:55:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Konpaku smiled as he stared at Tyche sinking into the ground. After hearing Tyche's surrender, Konpaku moved his right foot out in a circular movement in front of him with his hands in front of him and his palms facing the sky. The sand beneath his feet stopped pulling him under and hardened into earth once more. 'Hmmm, this kid has got real potential, maybe he can help me even more than I initially thought...' Konpaku thought to himself as he dismissed his first thoughts of Tyche and his doubts about the young earthbenders abilities.

'You can really hold your own on the battlefield.' Konpaku said to Tyche as he approached him, pulling a small skin of water from his backpack, taking a mouthful of water. Konpaku smiled at Tyche as he started to formulate a new plan of attack for when they reached Ba Sing Se.
This user is a guest
tyche
Mar 4, 2007 12:35:04 GMT -6

Post by tyche on Mar 4, 2007 12:35:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Yeah, well, I try anyway." Tyche said as he got himself out of the sinking sand area. He looked at himself and sighed. His clothes were covered in wettish, sand. He looked up at Konpaku and smiled alittle. "Is there anyway you could earthbend this stuff off of me? I really don't feel like traveling in clothes like this until tonight. That would be very uncomfortable. But hey, if you can't do it. No problem."

He tried brushing some of the sand off, but with little success. He basically just got his hands dirty. Though, its not like they were really clean before. "By the way," he said, looking back at Konpaku. "Your a really good fighter. Way better then me. I thought for sure I had you with that last move. But then you turned to sand. Real let down."
This user is a guest
saami
Mar 5, 2007 17:30:25 GMT -6

Post by saami on Mar 5, 2007 17:30:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
roax said:
Kuroda looked down at his food when it came. He smiled back at Nia when she smialed at him and began eating his food quietly and peacefully. How long as it been since I've been able to sit down and eat peacefully with someone Kuroda thought to himself happily. He looked to Nia as he ate, and noticed after a while that it seemed that she had something on her mind. He slowly put his chopsticks and after a small breath he asked "Nia, is there something on your mind?"

Nia blushed once more when she heard Kuroda ask her that question. She wasn't really ready to tell him. But did she want to tell him? Of course she did. Her stomach gathered in knots and she set down her chopsticks. She wasn't going to be able to eat unless she was able to either tell him or just dodge the conversation all together. Nia sat in silence, debating with herself. She didn't know what would happen if she told him. But that's was just a chance she was willing to take.

"Yeah, Kuroda...there is something on my mind. You see...I like you...a lot. And umm...I think I might be falling for you...I think."

She silently swore. That hadn't came out like she hoped. But at least it was out and all she had to do now...was wait...wait for the rejection.
This user is a guest