The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Gaoling

roax
Mar 6, 2007 6:52:58 GMT -6

Post by roax on Mar 6, 2007 6:52:58 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kuroda listened quietly when Nia spoke. When she had finished speaking, he was unsure of what to say. She actually likes me Kuroda thought suprised. He knew that he cared aout her, but he was unsure if he liked her. Throughout their travels to Gaoling they did have some close moments and during those moments he seemed to him that he may like her but he was still unsure. But he knew he would hate himself if he said something that would make her feel bad so he hesitantly said "Nia, I think I like you too."
This user is a guest
jin
Mar 7, 2007 5:31:04 GMT -6

Post by jin on Mar 7, 2007 5:31:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
tyche said:
"Yeah, well, I try anyway." Tyche said as he got himself out of the sinking sand area. He looked at himself and sighed. His clothes were covered in wettish, sand. He looked up at Konpaku and smiled alittle. "Is there anyway you could earthbend this stuff off of me? I really don't feel like traveling in clothes like this until tonight. That would be very uncomfortable. But hey, if you can't do it. No problem."

He tried brushing some of the sand off, but with little success. He basically just got his hands dirty. Though, its not like they were really clean before. "By the way," he said, looking back at Konpaku. "Your a really good fighter. Way better then me. I thought for sure I had you with that last move. But then you turned to sand. Real let down."

Konpaku stared down at Tyche as a smile spread across his face. He didnt know why, but it seemed he was starting to warm up to the boy. 'Y'know Tyche, If we get some spare time on this journey, I can teach you some advanced earthbending techniques and maybe even some sandbending.' He said to Tyche as he placed his hand on to the boys head and started to rummage his hair. With a large smile on his face, Konpaku felt it would be best that they get some more travelling in before they rested for the night.

'I wonder Tyche, do you know how to create a ridable wave of earth? If so, this journey would be much faster.' He suggested to Tyche as moved into a horse stance himself, raising both fists from his waist and into the air. As a result, a large mound of earth rose up from under Konpaku's feet, as he had suggested before, this manipulation of the earth looked similar to that of a wave. He motioned for Tyche to follow his movements and create a wave of his own. 'Since you cannot sandbend, this is the fastest way for us to get to Ba Sing Se.' He said to Tyche as he concentrated on holding the wave steady.
This user is a guest
Last edit by jin: Mar 7, 2007 5:32:49 GMT -6
saami
Mar 7, 2007 8:36:21 GMT -6

Post by saami on Mar 7, 2007 8:36:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Nia bit her lip and clenched her eyes shut as she was expecting the worse. "I know...I know...Kuro. I shouldn't have said anything. I'm sorry...I..." Her snapped up and she looked up at him. "What?" Had he just said he liked her too? The knots in Nia's stomach tightened and an involuntary smile tugged at the corners of her mouth.

She blushed and giggled nervously. "Kuro...I hope you didn't think you had to say that or anything. I wasn't trying to pressure you or anything..." she said, her head low and gazing at her food.
This user is a guest
Last edit by jin: Mar 7, 2007 8:36:55 GMT -6
roax
Mar 7, 2007 8:44:35 GMT -6

Post by roax on Mar 7, 2007 8:44:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"No, no" Kuroda said, still unsure about what he was saying, "I think I really do like you Nia." He knew that what he was saying was probably not true but Kuroda didn't know his own feeling so he could say that and not be fully lying. All he really wanted to do right now was make Nia happy, and if he had to like her to make her happy, he would do that. "It's okay Nia, it really is" he said trying to help Nia out, wanting her to feel okay with and make her think that it wasn't a lie.
This user is a guest
saami
Mar 7, 2007 9:14:57 GMT -6

Post by saami on Mar 7, 2007 9:14:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Nia wanted to believe him. She really did. But she couldn't help but doubt his words. Just a little. Nia knew not to let on that she kind of didn't believe him. So she smiled and nodded her head. Lifting her chopsticks, she began eating again. "So we're looking for a place to stay tonight before anything else, right?" she asked, trying to change the subject. She felt the tension ease just a little as she smiled at her friend. "And maybe afterwards, I can show you some of my bending?"

Nia knew she was never going to bring that up again. She didn't like the feeling and she didn't want to feel this way ever again. Because rejection hurt, even if it wasn't outright.
This user is a guest
roax
Mar 7, 2007 9:23:49 GMT -6

Post by roax on Mar 7, 2007 9:23:49 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kuroda looked at NIa as she nodded at him. He could tell that Nia hadn't believed him when he said that he liked her. Kuroda began eating again and said "yes that's the first thing we are going to do. And yes than I can see your bending, but getting the room is first." After a few mintues he said, "NIa, I know you don't believe me with what I said about liking you, but it really is true, so don't think it isn't, be happy that I like you and just don't doubt it, I know you'll be happier that way." He hoped that this time Nia would believe him, so he wouldn't after continuning persisting for her to be happy.
This user is a guest
saami
Mar 7, 2007 10:06:15 GMT -6

Post by saami on Mar 7, 2007 10:06:15 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Nia blushed again. So she had been caught? She hadn't meant for her doubt to be so...so obvious. But she couldn't help it. "Kuro...I'm sorry. I just...I believe you. And I'm happy. See?" She smiled widely. It fake and she was sure Kuroda could tell. Please...Kuro...don't ask me anymore questions. I don't want to talk about this now. she thought, still smiling her fake smile.

"I wonder if there is some water around here for me to bend..." she said, in another attempt to change the subject. She pushed her plate away, unable to finish eating. It was hard to do so, when her stomach was still tied in knots.
This user is a guest
roax
Mar 7, 2007 10:10:38 GMT -6

Post by roax on Mar 7, 2007 10:10:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kuroda finished eating as Nia spoke and knew still that she was lying. It was one of the useful things he learned being a bounty hunter. He frowned when Nia smiled and said "I still know that you don't believe me. How can I prove it to you that it is true?" He listened to her second comment and nodded, while getting up leaving money on the table to pay for the food that Nia and he had eaten. He then extended a hand to Nia to help her out of her chair as he awaited a reply from his question.
This user is a guest
saami
Mar 7, 2007 12:04:43 GMT -6

Post by saami on Mar 7, 2007 12:04:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Before Nia had the opportunity to pay for her meal, Kuroda had already paid. She accepted Kuroda's hand and stood slowly. She didn't know what he could do to prove it to her. "Just...be yourself Kuro. Because if it's true, it will show naturally. And I'll know if you are trying to force it. So just be yourself, okay?" she said with a soft sigh. That was all she could think of to say.

Nia sighed and walked toward the exit. She really didn't want to talk about it anymore. And she hoped that Kuroda would let it drop at that. The air outside was a welcomed change to the sudden stuffiness of the restaurant. Nia was thankful for the cool breeze. She stayed close to the entrance as she waited for Kuroda to come out as well. Her eyes were closed and the soft breeze rustled her hair. Nia, she thought sadly, what have you gotten yourself into?
This user is a guest
roax
Mar 7, 2007 12:12:51 GMT -6

Post by roax on Mar 7, 2007 12:12:51 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kuroda nodded at Nia. If that was she wanted him to do that's what he was going to do, it would just be hard. He exited after Nia and looked around trying to find an inn to stay and after a while he found one and started walking there pulling Nia softly along with him. When he got to the front of the inn he entered and went straight to the main desk and said "I would like to rent one room, please."

The lady looked at the pair and said "we only have one room left and it only has one bed, will you be okay with that?"

Kuroda looked at Nia for a short while, before turning back to the women saying "yes that will be fine."

"That will be four gold pieces then," the lady said.

Kuroda dropped the money unto the counter as he was handed a room key. He looked back to NIa and said "come on, let's go to the room now, it's been a long day so I'm sure you need your rest."
This user is a guest
tyche
Mar 7, 2007 22:16:53 GMT -6

Post by tyche on Mar 7, 2007 22:16:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"That would be great if you could teach me some new stuff. However, I've tryed to learn sandbending already. From a girl, a long time ago. Anyway, I could never get it. I'm useless with sand." Tyche said, then shrugged. "But if you want, you can try and teach me." He smiled as Konpaku made a wave of earth and stared down at him. "Yeah, I know how to make one."

He followed the same motion as Konpaku and a wave smaller then Konpaku's emerged from under his feet. He looked across at Konpaku and smiled again. "Shall we, my friend?" With that he shot across the clearing on his wave.
This user is a guest
saami
Mar 9, 2007 15:34:03 GMT -6

Post by saami on Mar 9, 2007 15:34:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Nia allowed Kuroda to lead, too lost in the thought to care either way. The inn they entered was rustic and she smiled at the decorations. As Kuroda talked with the innkeeper, Nia began fiddling with some ornament on the counter. But her attention shifted immediately when she heard of their room arrangements. One room? One bed? She felt another blush coming on as Kuroda agreed. What was he thinking?

But Nia decided not to ask. Normally, though, she would grab Kuroda's hand to pull him off to their next destination. Instead she chose to let Kuroda lead. "Lead the way, Kuro..." she said with a small smile.
This user is a guest
roax
Mar 9, 2007 15:41:41 GMT -6

Post by roax on Mar 9, 2007 15:41:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kuroda heard Nia and quickly after toke her hand and started leading her to the room. After a couple of intues of walking through hallways he saw a room that had the same number that was on the key so he stopped in front of it, but the key inside the lock and opened the door. As he opened the door he looked inside the room to see the one bed, which was big enough for both Nia and himself, a door on the side of the room, leading to the bathroom, a counter near the entrance, and a couch on the wall facing the bathroom door.

After he finished looking around he led Nia in and after a few seconds, let go of Nia's hand, and went to the left side of the bed and but his pack on the ground besides it. He then turned around, walked back to Nia and said "sorry if you don't like the thing about one bed but as you heard that was all they had. If it makes you feel more comfertable, I'll sleep on the floor."
This user is a guest
saami
Mar 9, 2007 15:59:35 GMT -6

Post by saami on Mar 9, 2007 15:59:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Sleep on the floor? Was he serious? Nia put her hands up in protest, "No, Kuro. It's fine. Really..." she said, with a cheerful smile. She walked over to the bed and dropped her small pack on the floor. She carefully unstrapped her waterskin and wandered toward the bathroom and opened the door. The bathroom too was simple. There was a sink and Nia grinned. She could refill her waterskin now. She walked out of the bathroom, concentrating on the skin and the stream of water she was bending.

She looked up at Kuroda and smiled and with a careful flick of the wrist, the water went back into the skin. "I want to see the sunset..." she said, moving toward the window. "You can sit with me if you want, Kuro." she said shyly.
This user is a guest
roax
Mar 9, 2007 16:04:43 GMT -6

Post by roax on Mar 9, 2007 16:04:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kuroda nodded when he heard that it was okay to sleep in the bed. Kuroda watched Nia silently as she bended water into his pouch. He knew it was something simple but he was still in awe, wishing he was able to bend. When he herad Nia speak he broke out of his trance and said "okay, seems fine." He then walked over to Nia and sat besides her, putting his arm around her, hoping that it would comfort her, even if she was perfectly fine.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 11, 2007 12:58:40 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 11, 2007 12:58:40 GMT -6

((I’m guessing the guy punched with his left))

The kick quickly cut through the air and Zuko reacted accordingly. His usually tactic would have been to turn in a circle and go back, but with that he would have usually followed it up with some fire and here he couldn’t do anything like that; he could be discovered. So instead Zuko stood his ground, both feet firmly rooted and as the kick headed his way Zuko moved his left arm into its way; then he quickly configured it so that it wouldn’t hurt as much as it ordinarily would have. Then as the punch headed his way Zuko had a plan for this.

As the punch got closer Zuko lifted off and turned to the side, letting the punch zoom past him, but he couldn’t let the man pull back his arm; so instead Zuko lifted his right arm and used it to push aside the man’s own arm. And then, taking a page form Azula, moved his whole arm and body, so that his elbow was now on the man’s arm. As this finished Zuko quickly bent his elbow and then used his right hand to grab onto the man’s arm.

Zuko had it and he knew it; he then quickly pulled the man to him and lifted his left arm. Zuko’s speed was impressive because he did this all in about three seconds (the arm part that is). Using his left hand Zuko clenched a fist and quickly delivered a powerful punch at his accuser.

At long last Iroh pushed off the covers that covered him and got up and off of his comfy bed. Even though he was now up he still didn’t feel that he should be out, his throat had this peculiar itch to it and he felt a bit dry in the mouth. After a few seconds of nothing Iroh began to make an opening and closing motion with his mouth all the while trying to get his body to produce more saliva to dry and satisfy his dried out mouth. Yet it didn’t work and the old man went across the room to the pitcher of water and slowly poured himself a glass, to drink.

The clear liquid quickly configured itself and became it shaped itself to the shape of the cup. Iroh old and wrinkled hand then wrapped itself around the glass and he quickly lifted it up to his face and he drank it all. “Ah,” Iroh said feeling the water running down his throat and into his stomach. “Nothing like a glass to make me all better,” Iroh stated as he walked over to the closet and pulled out his clothing, Iroh then took off his own and began to dress himself, very slowly. He didn’t have anything to do that day so why rush things?

This user is a former member

Post by Gia on Mar 11, 2007 23:40:42 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
The man was way out of his league, and he knew it. Of course, he wasn't going to admit that. This stranger... this firebender... he had to be defeated! Then he and his woman would be arrested and killed. Just like they deserved. As he was attacked, the man tried his hardest to get back, and get out of his way so he could attack. He was good, fast and strong. Of course, he didn't have time to react. Before he knew it, the man had grabbed him, and punched him. He wrenched himself from the other man's grasp. "You bastard..." He said. He was angry, embarressed, and mad. He ran at him, and attempted to punch him again.

The man was a fool. He didn't stand a chance against Zuko. Zuko was far out of this moron's league. A smile full of pride for her fiancee spread across her face. Yes, Karena was aware that she was a very odd woman, as her mother had constantly reminder when she younger. But, here she was, with the love of her life, who was not only defending himself and his honor, but her and her honor as well, especially since she was unable to defend herself, due to giving birth.

At the moment, the tall firebender wasn't sure she cared. Zuko would defend her until his dying breath, she kenw that. Yes, he was overprotective of her, and as much as that annoyed her sometimes, it was also very flattering. Obviously, he cared about her, she only hoped it was in that way that she cared about him, that she loved him, and that it was more that just the fact that she was the mother of his child... She hoped he did, she hoped with all her heart that he did, after all they'd been through together. He had to, because she would never love anyone else, and they were stuck with each other, no matter what...
This user is Mod
saami
Mar 12, 2007 14:57:27 GMT -6

Post by saami on Mar 12, 2007 14:57:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Nia felt Kuroda's arm around her and she involuntarily leaned toward him. Their earlier conversation seemed forgotten at this point and all Nia really wanted to do was spend time with him. "I like sunset. It's the prettiest up in the North Pole. All those colors shining off of all the snow...it just glitters and it's so pretty. I use to practice my waterbending at night. Because that's when waterbenders are at their strongest. Maybe when the sun sets I can practice. Would you mind?" she asked smiling just a little.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 12, 2007 16:10:37 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 12, 2007 16:10:37 GMT -6

Obviously one clean hit wouldn’t be enough to knock someone out, but Zuko had hoped it was, because the longer this match went on the slimmer his chances of not firebending became. This was of course something he didn’t want to happen if it could be done Zuko had hoped to knock this guy out in less than five minutes, but this guy’s determination would most likely impede on that wish.

He’s slow… Zuko quickly thought as he took a couple of steps back after letting go of the man, this shouldn’t be a problem to him. As his opponent charged at him Zuko quickly weighed his options. He didn’t really think much in each one he sort of skimmed through them in his mind and the last one he though about was the one he did.

As the man approached, Zuko braced himself, he loosened his stance and as the punch went for him he went toward it. Zuko performed a short duck and sidestepped to his right, and then his right foot extended out and paused behind the man’s left foot. As the punch zoomed past him, Zuko got up and in one clean sweep pulled his right foot back in order to trip the man and at the same time he moved his right arm so that it would push on the man’s forehead and thus knock him out. The more he failed to strike the better his chances were at not firebending.

This user is a former member
jin
Mar 13, 2007 4:23:01 GMT -6

Post by jin on Mar 13, 2007 4:23:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
tyche said:
"That would be great if you could teach me some new stuff. However, I've tryed to learn sandbending already. From a girl, a long time ago. Anyway, I could never get it. I'm useless with sand." Tyche said, then shrugged. "But if you want, you can try and teach me." He smiled as Konpaku made a wave of earth and stared down at him. "Yeah, I know how to make one."

He followed the same motion as Konpaku and a wave smaller then Konpaku's emerged from under his feet. He looked across at Konpaku and smiled again. "Shall we, my friend?" With that he shot across the clearing on his wave.

As he continued to skate across the vast lands that reside within the boundary of the might Earth Kingdom, he realized that this kid was really starting to grow on him. Maybe it didnt have to end for him in Ba Sing Se. Konpaku watched how excited the boy seemed to be travelling with him. After two days had passed of travelling, Konpaku thought it would be a good idea to stop again and teach Tyche some advanced earthbending stances. After showing him the twisting leopard punch, Konpaku instructed him to keep punching or he would die. Konpaku stood a few metres away as he moved into a 45 degree horse stance. With both fists at his waist, he moved his right fist up in an uppercut motion, that resulted in a boulder uplifting from the earth in front of him. As he moved his right fist back to his waist, he punched out in a vertical punch with his left arm, sending the boulder at a speed towards the young earthbender. He proceeded to do this over a period of time, each time getting faster.[/size]
This user is a guest