The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Gaoling

jabell
Jul 28, 2010 8:22:35 GMT -6

Post by jabell on Jul 28, 2010 8:22:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Gaoling - Random Marketplace[/u]

“And yes, there is- Her.

No sooner had he heard those words, Ryu was ready to spring into action once more, fully prepared to deal with the hulking man that was standing before him. However, as he turned around, the young man just managed to see a woman, most likely this young man's companion, take down the giant with an impressive display of acrobatics. Even Ryu, who was quite accustom to physical pain, couldn't help but cringe as the beast of a man splattered across the ground with a sickening thud, dust flying about everywhere. "Ouch..." he managed to whisper to himself. He'd be out cold for a long time to come. As the dust settled, he finally had a clear view of who had defeated the brute.

Obviously, she was a woman, around his age he guessed. She was taller than your average Earth Kingdom woman, and based on the display she had just given, the Earthbender could deduce that the woman had extensive training in the art of fighting, making her a martial artist like himself. Her appearance seemed to support this. Her hair was neatly tied back and braided, and, in contrast to the more elegantly dressed Gaoling women, she wore a tunic very similar to his own, albeit more feminine in design. Despite her appearance, though, she was still quite attractive, her feminine features complimenting well with her attire, giving her overall appearance an "exotic" feel compared to most of the other local women. For a moment, Ryu couldn't help but stare, intrigued and attracted to her beauty, but managed to shake himself free, for fear of being rude and angering her or her friend.

As his attention returned to the present, he could hear the woman issuing one final verbal warning to her attacker. "Don't you ever try anything like this again, or so help me the next fight you are a part of will be your last. I hope you learned your lesson. Now get out of here." she said with authority to the barely-conscious thug. With that, she left him, allowing the other two goons to come and scoop up what remained of their "glorious leader." The female martial artist then made her way towards the man he had just defended. As she neared, Ryu could notice a swelling, hand-shaped mark across her cheek. She had been slapped...hard. "No doubt the reason of this whole thing..." he pondered to himself. Hopefully, she would let him check that, to make sure there wasn't any serious injury. Suddenly, the woman addressed him, causing Ryu to snap back to focus, listening to her attentively.

"Thank you also. What you did is truly appreciated. We already had to deal with those morons earlier this afternoon." the braided hair woman explained as she nodded in thanks. "Oh, I'm Saiki." she added with a giggle, almost as an afterthought. He smiled. At least she had managed to keep her personality while training in martial arts...he liked that. Too many times he had seen a martial artist become drab and boring, all for the sake of learning the right way to punch someone. For Ryu, personality and emotion were just as necessary for martial arts as your hands and feet. They allowed the fighter to put purpose and spiritual energy into their attacks, and in the end, it made them stronger. As she giggled, the young man couldn't help but chuckle in return, his teal eyes sparkling in the sunlight. He placed a fist into his other hand, holding them at chest level and bowed, the universal bow of a martial artist. "A pleasure to meet you, Saiki. It was no trouble, and I'm glad I could help you and your friend out." he said politely as he bowed. "That was quite an impressive display, though it looks like one of 'em gotcha pretty good. If you don't mind, I'd like to check that out. It could have a deep tissue bruising or even a fracture. Besides, I would hate to see such a pretty and strong woman go around with such an ugly bruise." he continued, smiling with a light blush.

Distracting himself, he turned to the young man, who had already begun to introduce himself. “I’m Anyu, and thanks for the help.” the man said with a bow. As he spoke, Ryu quickly gave him a look over. He was obviously not from the Earth Kingdom. The man's skin was much lighter than his or Saiki's, and his overall attire was distinctly foreign, most likely one of the Water Tribes, if he had to guess. He was obviously still a little disoriented from whatever blow those thugs had given him. Ryu became a little concerned. He would have to make sure he was ok as well. He snapped to attention as Anyu asked his question. He returned Anyu's bow with his own. "Nice to meet you Anyu, I'm just glad those bullies didn't hurt you any worse than they did. To answer your question, yes my father was from the Fire Nation. But, are you feeling ok? You didn't get hit on the head or anything did you? Perhaps I should check both of you out..." he said, trailing off, before shaking himself back into focus. "Where are my manners? My name is Ryu. Ryu Zazamarou. It's a pleasure to meet you both." he said smiling, issuing one final bow to the two of them. For a moment, he wondered if he came on a little strong, but the feeling quickly passed. He just wanted to be sure they were ok, and he hoped they could understand that.
This user is a guest
Last edit by jabell: Jul 28, 2010 8:23:31 GMT -6
saiki
Jul 28, 2010 13:51:29 GMT -6

Post by saiki on Jul 28, 2010 13:51:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Random Marketplace - Gaoling
[/b]

He was impressed? No way. Although Saiki was well aware of the fact that her abilities as a martial artist were quite good, she never thought people felt the same way. It had always been hard for her growing up with her training. Lots of boys thought what she was doing was extremely stupid and silly, but despite their constant annoyance the Earth Nation girl kept to her training. Without the support of her brothers and parents she was sure to have had a hard time. Thankfully they completely agreed to let her train, and it was honestly the best thing to have happened to her. Saiki knew she was just as good as any other male out there. Being a woman did not stunt her abilities in any way. If anything, she felt as if she trained harder than any man she knew. Proving herself to be the best was always a goal of hers, and to listen as this man told her he was impressed made her ecstatic. Well how could he not have been impressed, her mind thought, you destroyed that guy!

It was then that the topic of his conversation took a quick turn. Aw crap, she muttered internally. Moving her hand to her face she was slightly embarrassed at the mark the goon had left on her. The earthbender explained to her that he hoped she'd give him permission to tend to it. Knowing that it was a genuine gesture Saiki gingerly smiled. If any other guy had asked to help her out, she'd probably only try to show him she was capable of anything and didn't really need his help. There was something different about the stranger however. Saiki sensed a gentleness about him, something that was quite rare among Earth Nation men. Most were just too proud to consider anyone else's feelings. Not this one though.

Looking into his dazzling teal eyes the martial artist had to take a second before responding. It was hard to remember her answers when standing in front of him for some strange reason. "Thank you for the concern," she pleasantly spoke. "Although I can't see it myself, I trust your evaluation of it. I'd have no issue if you'd like to take a look at it." The dark-eyed girl couldn't help but smile when she noticed the slight blushed complexion of the man's cheeks. He said you're pretty and strong, her mind childly joked. Oh hush up, she scolded. The young woman didn't know why, but she felt almost light-headed around him. Maybe it's cause he's gorgeous, her mind joked. I swear sometimes I want to hurt you.

Waiting for the conversation between Anyu and the man to finish, she not only learned his name, but also something about his heritage. Wow what is with both of these guys having Fire Nation parents? It was nice to know that Anyu and Ryu shared something in common, but Saiki's heritage seemed almost boring. Both of her parents were Earth Nation; no mixed relations whatsoever. Well could she really be that upset about it? There really was no need, but she couldn't help but think about how different her life would be if both her parents were from different nations. Suddenly realizing that it wasn't that important she decided to speak.

"Well Ryu it is nice to meet you." Knowing well Anyu wouldn't really complain about his injury, Saiki felt it was her place to tell Ryu. The last thing she needed was for Anyu's injury to be serious. "Yes Anyu and I both got injured. The back of his head took quite a blow, and I'm sure we would both appreciate it if you checked them out." Suddenly a question popped into her head. "Do you know how to work with medicine?"The woman wasn't sure why, but it seemed rather odd that Ryu would ask to check the injuries out. Unless of course if he was skilled in healing. That would just make him even more attractive, her mind cooed. Oh jeeze I need to move away from him.

Turning her head to face the restaurant Saiki suddenly realized she forgot her bag inside. "Excuse me for a second," her sing songy voice echoed. Running inside she went to her seat and grabbed her bag. Looking at the waiter who had taken their orders she shrugged her shoulders in a comical manner, and the man smiled and shooed her on her way. Returning to the two men who she seemed quite tied to she spoke, "So anyone interested in going to an inn? I think it would be a good place to fix these injuries." Her eyes became increasingly darker as the sun began to disappear, making the girl appear exotic and almost undeniable.
This user is a guest
Last edit by jabell: Jul 28, 2010 13:57:56 GMT -6
kuroda
Aug 3, 2010 9:13:33 GMT -6

Post by kuroda on Aug 3, 2010 9:13:33 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Random Marketplace-Gaoling

At first Anyu felt somewhat belittled by the man’s response, but he quickly forgot about it when he mentioned that his father was from the Fire Nation. Add another coincidence to the count for today, the waterbender thought to himself while giving a slight chuckle. It was then that Anyu realized that he was yet to answer the stranger’s offer. Instinctively, he reached back and rubbed his head. It was still a little soft to the touch, but again, it was nothing that the waterbender was going to complain about. However, just as he opened his mouth to politely decline the offer, Saiki spoke up for him, ”Yes Anyu and I both got injured. The back of his head took quite a blow, and I'm sure we would both appreciate it if you checked them out.”At first, the waterbender was a little bit miffed that she had interrupted and spoken for him, but he quickly forgave it as he was glad to see that she held some concern for him. Resignedly, he said, “I appreciate the offer, and yes, I’ll let you take a look at it if you two think it best.”

Anyu couldn’t help but chuckle when Saiki excused herself and ran back into the restaurant. It was amazing to him that the woman could go from beating idiots to cheerfully returning to the restaurant so fast. It was rare to find someone so up-beat in these troubled times. The trip to the North Pole should be enjoyable to say the least. When Saiki reemerged from the restaurant with her bag, Anyu broke from his musings and realized that he had left his things in the restaurant as well. “I’d forget my head if it wasn’t attached,” the traveler muttered while giving a self deprecating chuckle. “I’ll be right back,” he said while jogging back toward the restaurant.

As soon as he had grabbed his backpack, the waterbender turned around and bumped into a large, stern-faced, middle-aged man. “Sorry-“ Anyu started to say, but he was cut off by an indignant,
“You think-“ The man broke off, took a deep breath, and continued “You think that can just bring your quarrels into my business and leave without paying!“ As the man got further into the threat, his face began to lighten up, and by the end, he was practically rolling in laughter. “You should have seen the look on your face! But seriously, don’t worry about payment- Acutally, here’s a little something for taking the trash outside.” Anyu, now thoroughly perplexed caught the small sum and said, “Thanks, sorry about-“ “Now get out of my restaurant!” the man interrupted, regaining his mock-angry tone. At this point, all of the patrons were laughing, so, salvaging his dignity, Anyu shrugged and casually walked out of the restaurant.

“So, about that Inn,” Anyu said, eager to get the restaurant behind him.

(OOC:Short post for a long wait, sorry guys. Last week was packed since I was out of town for most of it, and I stayed busy whenever I got back. Sorry, again. I'll make sure there isn't a repeat)
This user is a guest
Last edit by jabell: Aug 3, 2010 9:15:58 GMT -6
jabell
Aug 29, 2010 20:46:11 GMT -6

Post by jabell on Aug 29, 2010 20:46:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

Gaoling - Random Marketplace
[/b]

"Yes Anyu and I both got injured. The back of his head took quite a blow, and I'm sure we would both appreciate it if you checked them out."

The young Earthbender nodded in agreement. "I would be happy to tend to your injuries." he replied with a smile on his face. He couldn't help but add a chuckle as he finished. Today was his first day out on his own, and it sure had been interesting. He had been given the secrets of one of his masters' trade, dispelled a serious fight, and made two friends, all in the same day. "I wonder what the rest of my journey will be like...maybe, just maybe I'll find my father..." he thought to himself, hoping that it would come true.

Suddenly, he was brought back to reality by Saiki's question. "Do you know how to work with medicine?" she asked him, looking slightly puzzled. He smiled wide, his head bobbing up and down. "Yup. I've been studying and working with medicine as long as I can remember. It's my belief that if you learn how to injure a person, that you should learn how to care for those injuries as well." he explained to the fellow fighter. "Don't worry, Miss Saiki. I promise that you and your friend are in good hands." he added politely, hoping to show that he was competent enough to help them.

As the female warrior and her friend excused themselves to gather their things, Ryu passed the time by swirling a few pebbles around his right hand. As he waited, he suddenly heard a voice roar over the slowly dissipating crowd. "This ain't over, Rock Boy!" the voice bellowed. It sounded all too familiar. It was one of those goons again. He looked out of the corner of his eye, and could see the large man shouting at him from the other side of the marketplace. "Do you hear me, Bender? We'll be back, and next time you won't be so lucky!" The young martial artist let out a slighty agitated sigh. He was getting tired of their arrogance. Turning on his heel, he glared at them. "Enough of your foolish banter!! Begone, coward!" he shouted back, thrusting an arm into the air. Almost instantly, a small pillar of earth shot up under the man, launching him about 20 feet into the air, before he quickly became reacquainted with the ground. After regaining himself, he quickly bolted, getting as far away from Ryu as his chubby legs could carry him. By this time, Saiki and Anyu had returned, and Ryu was back to his cheerful self.

As the sun began to set, Saiki quickly spoke up. "So anyone interested in going to an inn? I think it would be a good place to fix these injuries." she asked, her eyes becoming deeper and darker in the dimming light. In contrast, Ryu's bright teal orbs had not lost a glimmer of brilliance, and were still as brilliant as ever as moonlight began to take over the sky. He gave a quick nod. "That sounds like an excellent idea. I know of nice little place not too far from here. It's owned by a young couple I know, I'm sure they can give you a fair price for a room. Follow me." he said with a quick motion to follow, his teal orbs seemingly glowing in the faint darkness.

((OOC: Finally, I've made it back!!. Sorry for the long wait, guys. I know it's not much, but at least it'll get the story back up and moving again.))
[/size]
This user is a guest