The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Gaoling

Anonymous
Feb 8, 2007 20:07:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 8, 2007 20:07:00 GMT -6

As this odd man continued to stand before Zuko and Karena Zuko began to develop a rage within him. He had failed to protect her last time and for that something within him couldn’t allow anything to bother her and if anything did it would have to deal with him. This guy before him was that thing and he would have to deal with Zuko and one that is getting pissed off as the seconds ticked by.

“Didn’t you hear me?” Zuko asked impatiently with eyes piercing into the man before him, Zuko was just about ready to strike him down. Whatever this guy’s problem was with Karena it was now with Zuko as well and that was truly something he wouldn’t want now.

“Well,” Zuko stated firmly as he moved his right arm towards Karena to hand over Nikuro’s carrier to her. It wouldn’t take much to aggravate Zuko in his current state.

Then came a response and it struck like a dagger, he knew. But how they had been discreet about everything they did. He knew it he shouldn’t have gone outside and now he faced the problem of doing so.

“Hide what?” Zuko responded denying any accusation that this man was going to say.

This user is a former member
jin
Feb 9, 2007 7:39:28 GMT -6

Post by jin on Feb 9, 2007 7:39:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Konpaku smiled at the young earthbender as he returned to his seat. 'Well, I am 22, I can bend earth and sand and the reason I am traveling to Ba Sing Se is because I have a few people I need to.... take care of....' He said as he placed both hands on the table, 'Now, is there anything else you need to know Tyche?'

As he put his head down, he brought his hands up in front of him. He stared deeply into his palms but it was as if he was in another world, a world deep inside his subconcious. A place full of pain and anguish...
This user is a guest
tyche
Feb 9, 2007 7:53:20 GMT -6

Post by tyche on Feb 9, 2007 7:53:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Take care of? What does, 'take care of' involve? Of course, you don't have to tell me. As long as it doesn't involve murder of some such thing." As he waited for an answer, he still looked across the table at Konpaku. 22 years old, and an Earthbender, just like himself. There couldn't be to much wrong with this fellow. He seemed nice enough. A fine traveling companion overall.

"I would also like to know if we might, run into any trouble. Fighting doesn't bother me one bit. I can hold my own well enough, but I like to know what I'm going into. I also don't mind helping if the cause is right." Tyche quickly ran his fingers through his hair, making sure it was flat.
This user is a guest
jin
Feb 9, 2007 8:00:15 GMT -6

Post by jin on Feb 9, 2007 8:00:15 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
After leaving the trance he was in Konpaku looked up at the young earthbender and said, 'Well, I cant say that I am well liked in the Earth Kingdom, so chances of trouble will probably be higher than average. As for my business in Ba Sing Se, you do not need to know that at this point.' As he stood up from his seat, he slowly slipped his hand into his pocket, pulling out a folded up piece of paper. 'This is where you will find me in three days.' Konpaku said to him as he smiled and left the small tea shop.
This user is a guest
tyche
Feb 10, 2007 0:28:57 GMT -6

Post by tyche on Feb 10, 2007 0:28:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tyche watched as Konpaku left the tea shop, and then looked at the piece of paper he had left behind. He opened it and gazed at it for a moment, and then stuck it in his own pocket. He would go with this, Konpaku. There seemed nothing better to do, and also, Tyche was sure he could trust him. Standing up, he picked his two hammers up from the table and strapped them to his belt. Then, with one more look around, left the shop.

Three Days Later

Tyche held the piece of paper in his hand. He looked at it, and then looked around. This was the place he was supposed to meet Konpaku at. Over the last three days, he had bought some supplies, in preparation of the journey. He know had his usual pack on his back, with some food and water, as well as extra clothes. He dropped the piece of paper and leaned against a wall. All he could do now was wait.
This user is a guest
jin
Feb 12, 2007 0:01:01 GMT -6

Post by jin on Feb 12, 2007 0:01:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
'You made it....' Konpaku said to Tyche as he appeared behind the young earthbender. As Konpaku studied Tyche from head to toe, he thought to himself, 'He doesn't look like much, but he should be a good enough decoy.... He doesn't have to survive too long, just long enough.' Konpaku then closed his eyes and smiled. 'Should we get going?' he asked Tyche in a friendly tone.

Konpaku had gone over this plan for the entire three day break between the two's last interaction. Once they entered Ba Sing Se, Tyche would unknowingly distract the guards that will attack while Konpaku would attack and kill a certain someone.
This user is a guest
Last edit by jin: Feb 12, 2007 1:18:01 GMT -6
tyche
Feb 15, 2007 22:33:58 GMT -6

Post by tyche on Feb 15, 2007 22:33:58 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tyche quickly turned at the voice at smiled at Konpaku. "Hey there. Glad you didn't ditch me or something. I was afraid you might. But, I'm glad to see you haven't. I guess I really can trust you." He turned away, and said under his breath. "At least, to be on time." He looked at the surrounding buildings at then turned back to Konpaku. "Ok, so how are we gunna travel? Walking? Its a long way if so, but I wont complain. I always walk anyway. Its just, if your in a hurry."

Tyche looked at Konpaku and smiled again. "Man, I can't wait to start traveling again. Nothing like it. Sitting in a town like this isn't living. Much too boring. Sleeping under the stars is what really matters." He shifted his pack as he spoke.
This user is a guest
saami
Feb 19, 2007 10:54:09 GMT -6

Post by saami on Feb 19, 2007 10:54:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Nia's arms were outstretched and she dashed toward the entrance to Gaoling. What a sight! Ba Sing Se was a lovely city. But it had nothing on the view before her. The buildings were all beautifully crafted and people were all moving along so casually, as if they hadn't a care in the world.

"Keep up, Kuro!" She said, playfully.

The travel between Ba Sing Se and Gaoling with Kuroda was definitely interesting. She felt close to him and she was always happy to have him around. She turned from the entrance and scanned for any sign of her travel companion.

This user is a guest
Last edit by jin: Feb 19, 2007 10:54:49 GMT -6
roax
Feb 19, 2007 10:58:13 GMT -6

Post by roax on Feb 19, 2007 10:58:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kuroda walked quickly trying to catch up shaking his head as he watched Nia look at the city in awe. When he reached Nia he said "you know you should really slow down, because if you continue at the rate your going once you find a techer you won't have any energy left to learn." He looked at the sky to see what tiem it was and he noticed that it was about 6:00ish due to the sun setting. After a bit of looking at the sun he turned his head back to Nia and said "the first thing we should do right now is find a place to stay, that sound good to you?"
This user is a guest
saami
Feb 19, 2007 11:57:38 GMT -6

Post by saami on Feb 19, 2007 11:57:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Nia giggled and clasped her hands behind her back. "You're right, Kuro," she said, giggling. Night was going to fall soon and she didn't want to be caught outside after dark. "Sounds good to me, Kuro. Let's go."

She grasped his hand and walked into the city. How in the world were they to find a place to sleep. But she hoped once they found a place, they could get something. The low rumbling in her stomach, reminded her that she was hungry.

On a street corner, she spotted a quaint little inn and she pulled Kuroda after her. The inside had a homey feel to it. And the quiet wasn't a surprise. There was soft music filtering from the dining room and Nia smiled and turned to Kuroda. "You hear that?" She asked, pointing to the dining room. "It's sounds nice doesn't it?"
This user is a guest
roax
Feb 19, 2007 12:05:17 GMT -6

Post by roax on Feb 19, 2007 12:05:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kuroda let himself be dragged away by Nia as he looked around for an inn. He was suprised when Nia spotted one while he was still looking around. Entering the inn he heard themusic that wasn't to his liking but he didn't really care for he wasn't paying attention. When he heard Nia speak he left his thoughts and listened to her. He quickly replied not exactly thinking, "yeah, sure it is." He then looked down to Nia waiting for her to say something knowing that she would probably want to do something right now.
This user is a guest
saami
Feb 19, 2007 17:42:39 GMT -6

Post by saami on Feb 19, 2007 17:42:39 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Closing her eyes, Nia began humming along softly. She opened one eye and glanced up at Kuroda. After winking at him, she moved toward the entrance to the dining room. There were a lot of people in there and and a few of them were dancing happily.

The music was low and soft and Nia felt the urge to dance. She grabbed hold of Kuroda's hand and pulled him on to the dance floor. "Dance with me Kuro." She giggled playfully and began arranging him to dance with her. She smiled up at him and placed her hands on his shoulders.
This user is a guest
roax
Feb 19, 2007 17:47:44 GMT -6

Post by roax on Feb 19, 2007 17:47:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kuroda looked at Nia as she said for him to dance with her. He sighed knowing that he was going to have to no matter what he said so he toke Nia;s and hand but his other hand gently on her waist and began dancing with her. He didn't exactly like dancing but he knew he just had to put up with it as long as Nia wanted to dance and he silently hoped it wasn't going to be a long time that she wanted to dance for.
This user is a guest
Last edit by jin: Feb 19, 2007 17:48:01 GMT -6
saami
Feb 20, 2007 15:35:45 GMT -6

Post by saami on Feb 20, 2007 15:35:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Nia could tell Kuroda didn't like dancing. But that was okay. This was the closest she had been to him, save the times they were sleeping. She liked being close to him. And she hoped he felt the same way about her.

The music stopped not long after she and Kuroda had started dancing and a waitress seated volunteered to seat them. Nia looked up at Kuroda and slipped her hand into his. "You ready to sit down and eat, Kuro?" she asked, smiling at him.
This user is a guest
roax
Feb 20, 2007 15:41:10 GMT -6

Post by roax on Feb 20, 2007 15:41:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kuroda blushed slightly as he danced withNia when the music ended he was relieved for it to be over but was saddened because he then couldn't be close to Nia like he liked. He felt Nia slip her hand into his and he didn't mind, in the past few days on the travel to Gaoling with NIa he had grown closer to her and more attached to her along the way. When she asked if he was ready to eat he replied calmly "yes I am Nia." He then waited politely for the waitress to lead the way.
This user is a guest
saami
Feb 21, 2007 16:44:42 GMT -6

Post by saami on Feb 21, 2007 16:44:42 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The waitress smiled at the couple before pointing to an empty table made for two. Nia sat down and she smiled at Kuroda. "Have a seat, Kuro," she said, pointing to the empty chair. She folded her arms in front of her and looked up at him. "Ya know, if we don't find me a teacher here, we should head to the North Pole so you can meet my family." She said.

The waitress reappeared and offered to take their order. "I'll have some jasmine tea and a small order of ramen. What about you Kuro? What will you have?"
This user is a guest
roax
Feb 21, 2007 16:50:08 GMT -6

Post by roax on Feb 21, 2007 16:50:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kuroda sat down like Nia asked him to. He loked over the menu quietly as Nia spoke. He listened and after a bit replied "that would be nice." What am I saying he thought going to meet this girls parents and I'm okay with it, what the heck has happened to me over the passed few days. When the waiter came he said "I'll have some jasmine tea also and I'll have a serving of rice." He then turned his head back as the waitress left to give the cook their orders and said "after this we'll go get some rooms at some inn and tommorrow we'll start looking for your teacher. And just to ask how long do oyu plan to look for a teacher?"
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Feb 22, 2007 22:29:31 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
"You two know what you both are," the man said. "Don't bother denying it. I recognized her picture from the Fire Nation Wanted posters. I don't really think I recognize you, but if she's here with you, then you must be Fire Nation as well." He looked between them. "Just give yourselves up, and don't bother fighting it. I know it's the truth. Don't lie to me."

Karena's heart started beating faster within her chest. She had a Fire Nation Wanted poster? Of course she did... If they thought she was allied with Zuko, being his fiancee and all, and they knew probably assumed that she was carrying his child as well. Oh, that could be a huge problem... Really big problem, but at the moment, there was something else that needed to be dealt with first. This man who was bothering them... he must be dealt with as soon as possible.

Karena's eyes narrowed. "You're an idiot," she told him, angrily. "I have no idea what you're talking about, and I'm sure that my husband doesn't either." In the back of her mind, she hoped that Zuko wouldn't call her on that one, since technically, they weren't married, but since they were together, and she had given birth to his child, they might as well be. "You're obviously gravely mistaken, you moron." She sounded angry, and she was. Of course, she was lying through her teeth, but she didn't care about that.

She was ready to take Nikuro if Zuko wanted to fight him. Heh... She probably shouldn't be encouraging such violence around her and her son, but she was more inclined to be the same way, she found that she agreed with him in that respect if he choose to fight him, especially since, at the moment, Karena couldn't protect herself. Which, of course, meant that Zuko had to do it for her. Despite the fact that under normal circumstances, she was a formidable fighter, she found that no matter, she enjoyed having Zuko be protective of her...
This user is Mod
jin
Feb 23, 2007 8:31:54 GMT -6

Post by jin on Feb 23, 2007 8:31:54 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
tyche said:
Tyche quickly turned at the voice at smiled at Konpaku. "Hey there. Glad you didn't ditch me or something. I was afraid you might. But, I'm glad to see you haven't. I guess I really can trust you." He turned away, and said under his breath. "At least, to be on time." He looked at the surrounding buildings at then turned back to Konpaku. "Ok, so how are we gunna travel? Walking? Its a long way if so, but I wont complain. I always walk anyway. Its just, if your in a hurry."

Tyche looked at Konpaku and smiled again. "Man, I can't wait to start traveling again. Nothing like it. Sitting in a town like this isn't living. Much too boring. Sleeping under the stars is what really matters." He shifted his pack as he spoke.

Tyche was radiating with excitement at this point, as was Konpaku but for completely different reasons. As Konpaku turned around and stared at the small Earth Kingdom town, he raised his right arm, as if he was waving goodbye. 'With this place in the backberner, there is nothing left but to do this....' Konpaku thought to himself as he stared down at Tyche and started to feel guilty about his hidden agenda.

He quickly shook his head and removed these thoughts and feelings from his mind. He then raised his head and stared into the direction of Ba Sing Se. 'Alright, lets go...' Konpaku said to the young earthbender as they started towards the large gate that was erected in front of the town.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Feb 23, 2007 20:24:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 23, 2007 20:24:39 GMT -6

Golden eyes turned to Karena as he heard of her involvement in his problem. She too and her he thought that only his uncle and himself had one but in the end that was truly foolish. The list was probably endless along with them who else could be considered allied with him and thus an enemy he was after all already considered a ‘friend’ of the Avatar, even though he still held some resentment towards him.

Karena’s words seemed like nothing more than banners signaling for more intrusion by the man the best thing to do would be to act irrationally as Zuko had seen many before, many who had been accused and wrongfully accused. When she was done Zuko felt some anger move him, muscles began to tighten and contract on his right side.

Zuko frowned and his nostrils flared as he lifted his fist and gave one to the accuser.

“How dare you call us firebending scum!” Zuko shouted at his as he grabbed him by the collar and then added, “I ‘otta teach you respect.”

This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Feb 23, 2007 20:24:58 GMT -6