The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Gaoling

ren
Jan 28, 2007 17:30:14 GMT -6

Post by ren on Jan 28, 2007 17:30:14 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

Ren turned his head to the side and noticed that someone was there. He eyed what she was drinking, and turned back to his noodles. As he finished his bowl, He ordered a cup of tea. When he got it, he took it and took a small gulp of it. Turning back towards the girl next to him he said casually, "Aren't you a little young to be drinking sake?" Chuckling, he took the last swig his cup of tea had to offer, and ordered another glass. He thanked the server and tossed a couple of gold coins on the table to pay for his meal and drink.

This user is a guest
dereni
Jan 28, 2007 17:42:35 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Jan 28, 2007 17:42:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kari looked at the man and took another drink. "Well," she said with a small sigh after she finished, "there are sometimes whe a couple of drinks can help. Ya know?" She took a small drink and smiled. "I'm not a real drinker, just..." she raised her glass with a grin, "having fun." Kari took another drink and knew it would take more than a cup of sake to get her drunk. She was safe.
This user is a guest
ren
Jan 28, 2007 17:53:57 GMT -6

Post by ren on Jan 28, 2007 17:53:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

Ren let out a small laugh. "Yeah, I hear ya. I guess a couple doesn't hurt. Just have to have a high tolerance for the stuff." He took a small sip of his tea. "Besides, I prefer tea to anything else really." Ren shifted in his chair to face her. "Do you know if there are any inns nearby? I've been sleeping on nothing but dirt and rocks for the past couple weeks and could really use a bed and a bath..." He looked down and noticed how dirty his clothes looked. As he drained the last of his tea into his belly, He set the cup down on the table and paid for his extra drink.

This user is a guest
dereni
Jan 28, 2007 18:19:18 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Jan 28, 2007 18:19:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kari gave another drink and finished off the sake. "Nope. I just got here." She pulled out two copper coins and laid them on the table. Kari turned towards the man with a smal smile. There was something about him that she thought she could trust him with. Kari held out her hand, "I'm Kari Ozumaki."
This user is a guest
ren
Jan 29, 2007 20:16:41 GMT -6

Post by ren on Jan 29, 2007 20:16:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

Ren lifted his hand up and scratched his cheek. "Ah, I see. You just got here too." Ren sighed. "Well, I guess I'll have to go take a look for myself..." Ren, then looking down noticed the girl still having her hand out. "Oh, I'm sorry. I spaced out a little. I'm Ren. Nice to meet 'cha." He said as he grabbed her hand with his and gave her a handshake, a look of embarrassment still apparent on his face. "Well, I guess I had better get going to find a place to stay tonight. Maybe I'll see you around?"

This user is a guest
dereni
Jan 29, 2007 20:28:15 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Jan 29, 2007 20:28:15 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kari gave a small smile and then stood up. "Well, maybe if we have to find the same thing we look together?" Her blue eyes flickered with hope to find somewhere before nightfall. "You know... Just so one of us doesn't have to sleep in the cold." she added with a tinge of embarrasement. 'I am such an idiot.' Her eyes turned and glanced over his scar. Then quickly turned away and looked at the ground.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Feb 1, 2007 15:04:06 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 1, 2007 15:04:06 GMT -6

A strange muffle was the only thing that Zuko got from Karena’s question, he wasn’t really paying attention to her he had other things on his mind. Things that she’d be better off not knowing, in fact the only thing he got off was food and that was something that they did need. The banished Prince then caught the glimpse of a red in the distance. Home.

Looking for a nostalgic item Zuko walked over to the stand, with Nikuro’s carrier. He rummaged through the things until he was caught by the color red. His hands reached over and lifted a strange pottery piece.

“Hmm…” Zuko let out as his had lifted up a long, slender pot with familiar symbols on it, beautifully made strokes of black swirling into a dark red and lightly patched with an orange. They were truly done by a skillful hand; the last time Zuko had seen something like this was when he was a mere child and the ones he saw were done by his mother. But these they might have been done by another hand but were none other than Fire Nation and yet for some reason they were out in the sun as if this man was asking to be put in jail. That is, unless this man knows nothing of the origin of these kinds of designs, in fact not many Fire Nation members would, they were held up in secrecy and only taught to members of the nobility. Whoever made these was an outlaw and they were once a member of the Nobility.

A small effigy of Karena could be seen on the side and next to it was a man. At first Zuko paid little attention to it, just a merchant. A few seconds later Zuko heard Karena’s demand for privacy; it seemed that the merchant near her wasn’t moving. This was trouble no merchant would ever bother a person they could loose a sale.

“She said to leave her alone,” Zuko proclaimed as he marched over ready to beat this guy down to a bloody pulp for messing with Karena.

This user is a former member
ren
Feb 1, 2007 23:35:55 GMT -6

Post by ren on Feb 1, 2007 23:35:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

Ren let a small smirk crawl onto his face. "Sure, that's fine." He responded as he pushed his barstool underneath the bar counter. He slipped his cloak back on, and adjusted the swords on his belt, being careful to hide the fire nation emblem on one of them. You know, I really need to get that covered up, it could cause a misunderstanding... He thought to himself. "Well then, ready to go, Kari?" After flipping the hood on his cloak over his head he started to head for the door, looking back at his new aquaintance.

This user is a guest
dereni
Feb 2, 2007 21:14:22 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Feb 2, 2007 21:14:22 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kari caught a glimpse at his swords and knew all too well where they were from. 'Fire Nation....' her mind hissed. But she followed him with a smile, but with caution in her eyes. She put her hood back up so it hid her eyes. The girl couldn't risk getting caught by anyone.

Kari walked over to the door and pressed on the wood and opened it for Ren. The roughness dug deep within her skin and it felt like a splinter, though she didn't move or check if she was bleeding. Right now her shaded eyes were locked upon the man she just met. 'If he is Fire Nation, that could explain his hood... Well, I'm a waterbender and I'm wearing one... Hey- maybe he's a bandit too! If so that'd be good and he wouldn't rat me out. But if he does then...' Kari shook her head quickly. The thought of what would happen would only lead to misery and hiding again.
This user is a guest
jin
Feb 5, 2007 2:17:54 GMT -6

Post by jin on Feb 5, 2007 2:17:54 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
As Konpaku slowly walked down into the town. He needed to go to the market to get some groceries. As he walked down the path, he started to reminisce about the years he spent in the Si Wong Desert. Those people were so kind to him when he needed it the most. A small smile appeared across his face as he continued down the cobble stone pathway with his head down and his hands in his pockets.

He then remembered the grueling hours he spent, learning the art of sandbending. As he stood in the Si Wong Desert in the middle of the night, he brought his hands up in front of him and started to move through different tai chi stances. As he did this, the sand under his feet started to spiral around his body and moved around his stances as he performed them.

He finally reached the marketplace. As he searched through the stalls, looking for the different groceries he required, he ran into a man.
This user is a guest
tyche
Feb 5, 2007 3:51:25 GMT -6

Post by tyche on Feb 5, 2007 3:51:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tyche had just arrived in Gaoling the previous day, and was enjoying his stay. Usually he spent nights out in the wild, under the stars, with only the animals for company, but he was finally getting a good nights sleep. Plus, he was intent on having a good time in this small town. Though he was planning on leaving tomorrow, at the latest. Who can tell what you may run into. Well, he ran into something on this day. Something solid. He had been walking in the market, wondering about, looking for nothing really. Just having fun looking at all the things to buy. He could never buy any of the. He was the farest thing from rich. It was then that he ran into something.

He was knocked back to the ground as he hit it, and lay flat on his back for a moment. He had done this often, run into people I mean. After a second he sat up and saw that he had bumped into a person. He looked to be about the same height as Tyche himself, but much older. He was also fairly larger. Tyche stayed sitting and looked at the person for awhile, taking him in. After a moment he said, "Sorry about that. Wasn't watching where I was going. Hope I haven't hurt you at all."
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Feb 5, 2007 12:16:04 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Karena was starting to feel really uncomfortable. This guy refused to move! He wouldn't leave her alone. She sighed in relief when Zuko came over, sticking up for her. Karena moved, going to her fiance's side. She was uneasy, but she felt better now that Zuko was here. Karena wrapped her arms around Zuko's arm. Yes, she felt better now. Part of her hated not being able to defend herself, but she was secure the fact that Zuko would protect her.

She brought herself back to the man in front of her. Why had he come over and bothered her? She hadn't done anything to him... He had acted like he was flirting her, but Karena had a feeling that there was more to it than that. After all, if he had been, after she had begun to speak to him in the rather rude tone she did, then why didn't he leave? And that creepy smile... What was going on with him, and what was his problem?

The man looked at the other man. He had come to the woman's aid. By her reaction to him, and the baby he was holding, it was obvious that they were married, but that didn't bother him. He knew that she was Fire Nation. He had recognized her picture. The man didn't look all the familar, but if they were together, and she was Fire Nation, then maybe he was, too... and then there was that scar on the man's face. Hmm... No matter. "I know," he told them. "Don't bother to deny it." He looked between them. "Why are you here?" The creepy smile was still on his face as he looked at the woman.
This user is Mod
jin
Feb 7, 2007 0:40:48 GMT -6

Post by jin on Feb 7, 2007 0:40:48 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
As he turned around to see who had bumped into him, he noticed a young man sitting on the ground. Upon hearing his explanation, he helped the young man up. 'That is ok, you should be more cautious in the future however...' Konpaku said to him. 'I am Konpaku, may I enquire as to what your name is....?'

As Konpaku looked up at the sun, he suddenly said. 'My, is that the time?' As he looked down at the young man he smiled. 'Í know this might sound forward, but would you care to join me for tea?' Konpkau asked him with a smile.
This user is a guest
Last edit by jin: Feb 7, 2007 0:43:25 GMT -6
tyche
Feb 7, 2007 5:24:28 GMT -6

Post by tyche on Feb 7, 2007 5:24:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tyche quickly brushed himself off and studied this, Konpaku more closely. He seemed nice enough. Not much different then any other person in this city. Thus, he saw nothing wrong with having tea with this person. "Very well. I wouldn't mind having some tea. I was thinking of going to have some soon anyway. Some company would be nice." He paused for a moment, thinking. "Oh yes, my name. I'm Tyche. Pleased to meet you Konpaku."

He looked around the area quickly, searching for a tea shop. He didn't spot one. He turned back to Konpaku and shrugged. "I'm only visiting here. Any idea where the tea shops are?"
This user is a guest
Last edit by jin: Feb 7, 2007 5:25:57 GMT -6
jin
Feb 7, 2007 6:17:21 GMT -6

Post by jin on Feb 7, 2007 6:17:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
'Well, its very nice to meet you Tyche. Actually, there is a great little tea shop just behind that building.' Konpaku said to him as he pointed to the small, wooden house standing in front of them. Konpaku then led Tyche to the small tea shop. As they sat down at one of the tables, Konpaku started to calibrate his gauntlets.

As the waitress of the tea shop approached them, she said with a warm, friendly smile. 'How can I help you?' As Konpaku went over the options of different teas available at the small shop, he finally said to the young waitress, 'Yes, could I please have some jasmine tea? And what will you have my young friend?' He said as he looked over to Tyche awaiting his reply.
This user is a guest
tyche
Feb 7, 2007 11:09:33 GMT -6

Post by tyche on Feb 7, 2007 11:09:33 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tyche had followed silently behind Konpaku, thinking about this new person he had just met. He did a quick scan of the menu and shrugged carelessly. "I'll have what he is having." He put the menu down and studied the gauntlets that Konpaku had. They seemed quite interesting. "Those things look pretty cool. What are they for?"

He didn't reacted to being called "young", but he tensed slightly inside at the words. He didn't like being thought of as a child. He was, however, eager to learn more about his new company. Maybe he had a good story. Maybe he need a companion for his travels. Tyche was always ready to travel.
This user is a guest
jin
Feb 8, 2007 1:18:42 GMT -6

Post by jin on Feb 8, 2007 1:18:42 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Konpaku looked down at his Gauntlets and then back up at Tyche. 'What? These old things?' He said allowing Tyche to have a better look. 'These are custom made gauntlets, the claws are sharp and from the center of the palm, a grappling hook shoots out, allowing me to move quickly or to attack. I made them myself.' He said with a smile.

As the waitress brought out the tea to them, he started to sip watching Tyche. 'This boy seems interesting, maybe he would be interested in traveling to Ba Sing Se with me...' He thought to himself as he studied Tyche. 'Say, Tyche... Do you fancy yourself as much of a traveler?' He asked Tyche as he took another sip of his tea.
This user is a guest
tyche
Feb 8, 2007 4:27:41 GMT -6

Post by tyche on Feb 8, 2007 4:27:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tyche sipped his own tea, smiling slightly. That was fast. He picked up one of the gauntlets and nodded. "These are pretty cool. I don't have anything like them. Just my hammers." He put the gauntlet down and looked across at Konpaku. Maybe it was moving to fast. He had to be careful. He had just met this guy, by bumping into him. He took another sip of his tea.

"Yeah, I do travel allot. Allot more then many people. I have no real home, so I wander often. How about yourself?" Tyche took him two hammers off his belt and placed them on the table. They often made it uncomfortable when sitting. He then picked up his tea again and drained it.
This user is a guest
jin
Feb 8, 2007 4:49:12 GMT -6

Post by jin on Feb 8, 2007 4:49:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Konpaku finished his tea and smiled, 'Well, I spent alot of my life in the Si Wong Desert. You see Tyche, I am a sandbender. I only came to Gaoling recently. I would like to see what the world has to offer though, such as the beauty of the northern water tribe, the majesty of the eastern air temple and the glory of the fire nation.' Konpaku put his gauntlets back on and smiled once more at Tyche.

'In three days, I have to go to Ba Sing Se. If you are interested in joining me, then you are more than welcome.' Konpaku said to him as he sug into his pocket and pulled out three copper pieces. He placed the copper pieces on the table next to his empty cup and stood to his feet.
This user is a guest
tyche
Feb 8, 2007 5:46:25 GMT -6

Post by tyche on Feb 8, 2007 5:46:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tyche put up his hands. "Hold it right there. Sure, I'd like to join you, but I have to know a bit more about you, as you should know a bit more about me. I can't just go joining somebody I met on the streets. No offense." Tyche paused for a moment as a thought. Then he spoke. "Firs of all, I would like to know why your going to Ba Sing Se. I've been there a few times before, and I have no love for that city. Dai Li rule it all. Not a pleasant place to be. I understand if you've never seen it, however, you get my drift?

"I'd also like to know a bit more about you yourself. How old are you? Can you only bend sand and not earth? I'm 15, and I am an Earthbender, just for the record. So, if you want me to join you, you'll sit down and answer my questions. No pressure of course."
This user is a guest