The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

The Omashu Resistance

Anonymous
Oct 18, 2008 23:46:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 18, 2008 23:46:44 GMT -6

This is a OOC discussion thread about the Omashu resistance taking place, oddly enough, in Omashu.

Sign up for the resistance or the Fire Nation occupation and anti-resistance forces.
See Omashu. Meet interesting new people and kill them.

Rumi Lee will be leading the resistance and Honoo the anti-resistance forces of the Fire Nation.

Time to take sides. Be the fire of oppression or the stone wall of resistance.

This user is a former member
Anonymous
Oct 18, 2008 23:56:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 18, 2008 23:56:32 GMT -6

I'd like to sign my character Masato up. I haven't RP'd with him yet, and I figure this'd be a good place to start. He'd be more than willing to help kick the Fire Nation out of Omashu for good. ;D He sorta goes crazy everytime he sees a Fire Nation soldier, so it'd be interesting to have him in a city full of them. He might just lose his mind permanently.
Last edit by Deleted: Oct 18, 2008 23:59:29 GMT -6
rumi
Oct 19, 2008 4:49:29 GMT -6

Post by rumi on Oct 19, 2008 4:49:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hello everyone,
I am Rumi, the so called leader of the resistance. Thank you for that Suigetsu. >.<
Firstly, thank you to those of you who have shown such a speedy interest in this plot, much appreciated.

Anyway.. onto the plot ideas.
- Obviously the resistance has formed to reclaim Omashu. Simple. The reason as to why differs from member to member. Each character would have their own personal reasons for joining the resistance. Now that I mention it, please have a good purpose for joining. Something a little better than "My character just wants to kill all Fire Nation" anyways..
- Similarly the anti-resistance was formed to stop the resistance. If you decide to join this side, which would be greatly appreciated, a purpose is not important. The reason may be simply, "I was ordered to." Or whatever. It's understood.
- Not too much concerning the plot has been developed. Hence, this discussion board has been created.
- We are obviously looking for more people to join the resistance and the anti-resistance. Please note that we are looking for more people to join the anti-resistance (AR). This means that it will be easier to get into the AR. I am not really going for a 'the more the merrier' type thing, so numbers will be limited. The exact number is not yet decided. Please note that the number may also change in later date when we are ready to expand the group. For the mean time a select few will be fine.
- The resistance's hideout is yet to be decided, that is the location of the hideout. Suggestions are more than welcome. Some ideas currently are in the mountains that surround Omashu or in the canyon. Another possible yet extremely unlikely place is actually in Omashu, but remember.. this is not Ba Sing Se.

*If you have any suggestions, questions or comments, feel free to express them. Any input is welcomed.*

if you wish to join, please fill out this simple form.
Character Name:
Alignment: (the side you wish to join. Resistance or AR)
Purpose: (this is more important for those wishing to join the resistance)
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Oct 19, 2008 9:48:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 19, 2008 9:48:11 GMT -6

Master Pakku? Yikes! I think I better get to recruiting some FIre Nation allies.
Anyway, I plan on playing both sides, but don't worry, my characters will always be just missing eachother.

Character Name: Kuma Takeda
Alignmnet: Resistance
Purpose: He thinks the resistance is doomed and thinks it's more manly to fight a hopeless battle than an easily won one.

Character Name: Kugi Tang
Alignment: Anti-Resistance
Purpose: Not so much a believer in Ozai as much as he just wants peace and quiet. Peace from happy citizens or oppressed citizens is the same to him. Just wants to preserve the status quo.
Anonymous
Oct 19, 2008 11:35:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 19, 2008 11:35:39 GMT -6

Character Name: Masato Ikeda
Alignment: Resistance
Purpose: He doesn't like to see innocent citizens being oppressed and would like to help the people of Omashu take their city back from the Fire Nation.
Last edit by Deleted: Oct 19, 2008 11:35:59 GMT -6
Anonymous
Oct 19, 2008 16:40:34 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 19, 2008 16:40:34 GMT -6

Isn't the Cave of Two Lovers close by Omashu? They'd be almost impossible to find by the Fire Nation since the caves are always changing. It would just take a couple of earthbenders to get everyone through.

A small safe zone in Omashu sounds good, not as a full-on base, but as a temporary hideout before and after attacks against the occupation or to hide out.

There's also the sewer system and other underground areas the resistance used in Return to Omashu.
kyozuki
Oct 19, 2008 18:18:12 GMT -6

Post by kyozuki on Oct 19, 2008 18:18:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Eh? Funny, I was sure I'd posted....

Character Name: Kyozuki
Alignment: Resistance
Purpose: She's a wandering healer-for-hire, and she also detests the Fire Nation (who doesn't?). With a resistance being organized, chances are they'll be able to use her services.

(And of course.... a female waterbender, on self-imposed exile from the North Pole for her use of combat waterbending, in the same group as Master Pakku? Plenty of opportunity for dramatic tension...)
This user is a guest
auka
Oct 19, 2008 21:45:23 GMT -6

Post by auka on Oct 19, 2008 21:45:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Character Name: Ji
Alignment: None.
Purpose: None.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Oct 19, 2008 23:41:30 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 19, 2008 23:41:30 GMT -6

Maybe we Fire Nation types could get a certain amount of NPC soldiers to use depending on rank? Like each character leading their own squad of nameless, faceless grunts? Say, where ever Kugi goes there's ten Fire Nation nobodies following him around to act as guards and enforcers.

I know it's slightly god-modding, but it might balance things out a little bit. Having the minor soldiers under the control of anti-resistance RPers might make things a little more challenging to the resistance.

If people chose the outcome of even the batlles with the disposable soldiers Omashu would be free in no time and none of us want that, do we?

So, what do you think of a certain of number for each AR character to use as pawns?
It's just an idea.
auka
Oct 20, 2008 0:45:15 GMT -6

Post by auka on Oct 20, 2008 0:45:15 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I think this idea has a lot of merit to it, but needs to be a bit more planned out. I don't think a girl from the swamp can just head into enemy territory and declare "Ok, Im'a start this here resistance, and all y'all who wanna help feel free." I'm thinking some pre-RP relationships might be in order, or we might need something unifying all of the characters, such as the prison situation in the Ba Sing Se storyline.

But yes Sui I do think the antagonists should have a certain amount of soldiers. Also, I think we should decide some zones for the city, and have certain battallions of soldiers in different areas.
I'm going to go watch "Return to Omashu" for some inspiration now.

[Post: RTO Edit]
Alright, first of all I think we might be jumping into this a little quickly. I think we should take a number of steps before deciding this as a full-blown RP.
1. Clear EVERYTHING with the Mods. Ask them what's canon on this Rp and what isn't. If RTO ever happened, if there are Earth citizens left in Omashu, etc. etc. We need their approval and input if this is to be done effectivly.
2. Nominate some ringleaders for this Rp. I'm going to have to go with Rumi and Suigetsu. Suigetsu is rping both the main antagonist and Kuma, an Earthbender who would've fit in just peachy with the freedom fighters in RTO. Where as this -was- Rumi's idea, and I think she should get bonus points for starting such a big wave.
3. Establish organizations.
This has pretty much been taken care of for the Fire Nation, but as for the Reistance.
Are we going to be a rag-tag group of scrappers who meet by chance?
Is there already a fledgling Res in prace ala RTO.
In that case I was thinking Suigetsu as Kuma should be the established leader of the resistance in the RP, and he should have a specific group of NPC Earth Benders at his disposal, as well as some ordinary citizens.
4. Pay attention to the state of Omashu.
I noticed in RTO that most of the city is still Earthen. The only metal parts are the walls, and the Governor's palace. We can use that to the advantage of the resistance. Of course due to the AU statis the Mods could have a completely different view of New Ozai, in which case we'd have to conform to that world-view.

[Post reasoning edit]
I just remembered that the Mods had already started the Omashu resistance with the Freedom Fighters. It would only be common courtesy to settle this little section of buisness. Honestly, I'd like to leave them completely out of this, but that's just me, or have them as a separate entity. My main reason is the more people involved in this the slower it is going to move. That might be selfish of me, and in the end it's not really my say, but that's pretty much my reasoning.
This user is a guest
Last edit by auka: Oct 20, 2008 1:24:23 GMT -6
Anonymous
Oct 20, 2008 2:27:53 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 20, 2008 2:27:53 GMT -6

Good points, all, Auka. Except for the Kuma leading thing. He as a character doesn't care about leading and I as his writer am incapable of it.

We could establish small, independant cells of just a few people that are capable of operating without much leadership. Real rebel groups tend to work this way. Rumi could issue orders through the cell leaders every so often as well as run her own.
We could split up the cells by how often people post so people can post at their own pace.

If we get in the way of the Freedom FIghters our resistance could just do hit and run attacks across the whole Earth Kingdom and span different threads.

But first let's see if Omashu is free (as in oppressed with no resistance) and go from there.

EDIT: We can have a character act as talent scout going around to the other characters looking for potential resistance members.

EDIT 2: I PM'd Suyami with some of Auka's questions and she'll get back to us when she can.
I asked about the location of the Freedmon Fighters, controlling NPC's, if the citizens were led out like in Return to Omashu, how much of Omashu was taken over by Fire Nation architecture, and who the ranking member of the Fire Nation military stationed in Omashu is.

She wrote that she'd need to discuss this with the others so please be patient and we'll get our answers eventually.
If there's anything else I think we should wait until later. I feel bad for bothering the poor mods.
Last edit by Deleted: Oct 20, 2008 18:23:07 GMT -6
honoo
Oct 21, 2008 18:19:03 GMT -6

Post by honoo on Oct 21, 2008 18:19:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ahem.

The anti-resistance band led by Captain Kali and Lieutenant Kugi is a small, elite fighting force, where the Fire Nation puts the crazies to keep them away from the main nation and still use they're talents for its betterment.

Unfortunately, since Kali is not yet accepted, I haven't actually tried to make the group. So... Yeah. That might slow things down.

Is it likely that there will be several different Fire Nation groups converging to squash the resistance? Like, the occupying force, Kali's little band, and perhaps one of the main legions? I suppose that the legion would come later when the fighting has escalated from the guerrilla warfare to true battles, though.
This user is a guest
kaitokatashi
Nov 2, 2008 13:08:28 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Nov 2, 2008 13:08:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I hereby withdraw Pakku and Tsien Ten-do from the resistance and AR forces, respectively.

Character Name: Kai Katashi.
Alignment: Resistance.
Purpose: The Fire Nation killed his wife in the Siege of the North, so liberating Omashu from FN control would be something he'd be more than happy to do.
This user is a guest
Last edit by auka: Nov 2, 2008 13:14:13 GMT -6
rumi
Nov 25, 2008 23:17:40 GMT -6

Post by rumi on Nov 25, 2008 23:17:40 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Here is a picture of the layout of the inn where the Resistance people are staying.

*Note: this does not include the wine cellar and underground hidden room
*Note: the colored beds represent where people are sleeping. The colors were selected from the color font each person uses.
This user is a guest
bai
Nov 25, 2008 23:46:36 GMT -6

Post by bai on Nov 25, 2008 23:46:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Character Name: Kimiko
Alignment: Anti-Resistance
Purpose: Kimi is faithfully loyal to the Fire Nation, but she dislikes the strict codes of the military, as she is more of a free spirit. She would rather fight in an Anti-Resistance, gang, tribe, etc. than an army, so when she wandered into Omashu, this was the first thing she came across.

For those interested: Click Here for her profile. =P
This user is a guest
Last edit by auka: Nov 25, 2008 23:47:39 GMT -6
kurosu
Dec 8, 2008 12:16:44 GMT -6

Post by kurosu on Dec 8, 2008 12:16:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Character Name:Liang Yi Fai
Alignment: Resitance
Purpose: Liang is usually mellow and neutral about most warfare, but he has his pains against the Firenation. Revenge still flickers in his heart and besides fighting against the oppressers, he has another motive. He longs for human compainionship and through fighting next to someone, he belives he can earn it without words.
This user is a guest
Last edit by auka: Dec 8, 2008 12:19:14 GMT -6
kaitokatashi
Apr 8, 2009 9:08:17 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Apr 8, 2009 9:08:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Okay, I thought I'd kick the discussion off. :P

Anywhey, in response to Karanbir's PM, I'm good whether the Resistance stays together or disbands, I'd just like to be updated as to what everyone else decides so I know what to do with my two characters (Kai and Azei, Resistance and AR, respectively) once plans have solidified.

I am wondering, though, how the loss of two people will affect the Resistance if it decides to continue in its mission. Would our group have enough people (including the recruits the KKK group made) to be successful?
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Apr 12, 2009 12:16:28 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 12, 2009 12:16:28 GMT -6

Now that I'm back and have been brought up to speed, I think I'll put in my two cents. Personally, I'd be very sad if the Resistance fell apart, especially since we've put all this work in it. And now that we might have more recruits, it'd be a shame to end the RP before they got a chance to really do anything. If the Resistance did end, I'd probably be able to find someone else to RP with, but I'd still be sad that it was dead.
kaitokatashi
Jul 3, 2009 12:19:18 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jul 3, 2009 12:19:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I have an idea for where the Resistance should go.

My character Haru had a dream about New Ozai, and is more than likely going to go there after a stay on Kyoshi Island. Of course, he'll want to do something about the Fire Nation occupation of Omashu, so he would be a great help to the Resistance forces. Shen can hide the group in his bar until then.

Thoughts?
This user is a guest
hanabi
Jul 10, 2009 22:37:40 GMT -6

Post by hanabi on Jul 10, 2009 22:37:40 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, you can't really have a 'Resistance' without someone to resist, so I'm willing to have Hanabi as part of a Fire Nation Policing Force. For the Glorious City of New Ozai.

She's a powerful Firebender and as loyal to her nation as one can get and loves fighting and would probably be one of the first on board with stopping the Earth Kingdom from attacking Fire Nation Forces.

Could be interesting RP.

Hanabi's Father and Uncle where both really high ranked in the Fire Nation (Father Admiral, Uncle General) and both where really powerful and her grand father also was an Admiral and so on in a Proud Family Line. As the last she is due to Join the Fire Nations Military and would be right on board stopping a resistance.

Name: Hanabi the Xiti
Alignment: Fire Nation
Purpose: Resistances are Dangerous, Earth Benders can sometimes with there powers have massive collateral damage. Her ambition as a Fire Nation Soldier is to halt The Resistance and crush an insurrection before Fire Nation Citizens are hurt. Her Personal Reason is to Define the start of her Career by insuring the Safety of New Ozai and work her way to honor her families military tradition of Generals and Admirals and Perhaps become the Commanding General over New Ozai.
This user is a guest
Last edit by auka: Jul 10, 2009 22:47:50 GMT -6