The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

The Omashu Resistance

kyozuki
Jul 11, 2009 16:03:56 GMT -6

Post by kyozuki on Jul 11, 2009 16:03:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yikes! A lot happens when you don't pay attention to the discussion thread...

That sounds good - we're actually about to have the Fire Nation raid the resistance base, so the timing couldn't be better. I'll need to run it past everyone else, but I don't foresee any major problems. Not to mention Kyozuki meeting a fire nation soldier who wants to protect "innocent" fire nation citizens will probably set her eye twitching...

And Kai, I don't think anyone would object to a show cast member turning up to help the resistance.
This user is a guest
Last edit by kyozuki: Jul 11, 2009 16:07:47 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 13, 2009 10:51:09 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 13, 2009 10:51:09 GMT -6

Hmm, I like Kai's idea, and the timing works. Plus, having Haru there with us would be pretty cool. And I'd love a chance to fight Hanabi. I think that this could work out well. I'm just curious as to how Hanabi would show up. Would she be with the soldiers that raid the base, or would she show up later? Other than that small question, I'm all for the ideas set forth here.
This user is a former member
kyozuki
Jul 19, 2009 19:24:05 GMT -6

Post by kyozuki on Jul 19, 2009 19:24:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
It's still a little up in the air, but that's the general idea, yes.
This user is a guest
kaitokatashi
Jul 19, 2009 21:26:15 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jul 19, 2009 21:26:15 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Okay, sounds good, but Haru and Hanabi are spending about six-seven days on Kyoshi Island before they leave for Omashu. Hopefully too much won't have happened in that time.
This user is a guest
auka
Aug 4, 2009 4:17:07 GMT -6

Post by auka on Aug 4, 2009 4:17:07 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Haha, oh wow is my face red. Good thing my come back without warning post didn't completely disregard all this meticulous planning >.< that would suck.

DAMN YOU KARANBIR! You and your seductive promises of jumpstarting a thread! That it turns out was till growing!

(Just kidding bro, I love you.)
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jan 28, 2010 13:28:23 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 28, 2010 13:28:23 GMT -6

Seeing it's been over a month since the last post and a good deal of inactivity in the Omashu thread I propose assuming the resistance was scattered but no one killed.

If no one has any objections I'd like to write an epilogue stating the fighting has ended. That way anyone with characters tied up there can be use them elsewhere.

Since no one will be dead (unless written so by their respective author) a new resistance can spring up easily.

I won't post anything there for a few more days so be sure to tell me if you think this idea is utterly terrible and I deserve to be hunted down like a rabid dog because of it. :)
Last edit by Deleted: Jan 28, 2010 13:29:05 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jan 29, 2010 0:19:15 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 29, 2010 0:19:15 GMT -6

I like that idea. My only question is, assuming a new resistance did come into existence, those of us in the original could still be in it, right? I can't see any reason why we wouldn't be able to, but I just wanted to make sure.
Anonymous
Jan 29, 2010 6:35:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 29, 2010 6:35:44 GMT -6

I figured we could each decide the path of our characters whether it be leaving Omashu or staying to start the resistance 2.0 or whatever.

In fact, if you're still interested, Tenshio we could start the resistance from scratch again with our characters. I just wanted something to do with Kuma. If you want to do that I'll just write in a time skip and we can deal with the aftermath of the battle.
kaitokatashi
Jan 29, 2010 14:13:43 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jan 29, 2010 14:13:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'd be up for that, although I'm hesitant to bring Kai back in. I don't feel that he's contributing to the Resistance that much, so I'm going to have him go to prison, if that's okay. Haru & Co will be there soon, if we can get our rears in gear.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Feb 5, 2010 17:17:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 5, 2010 17:17:29 GMT -6

I'm about to make my first post after the defeat of the resistance. Anybody who wants to join in on any side is more than welcome. Just make sure you post here and let everyone know so we know how many people we're dealing with.
Please give your character's name and affiliation and anything else that might be relevant like rank if in the Fire Nation.

A selection of both Resistance and Fire Nation would be nice. Hopefully this one will live on for a while.

Hope to see some people there. Posting alone is rather sad.
Anonymous
Feb 6, 2010 14:28:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 6, 2010 14:28:29 GMT -6

I've posted in the thread, though I have withdrawn Masato in favor of my character Masami, who will be participating on the side of the Resistance.
Anonymous
Feb 7, 2010 3:32:13 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 7, 2010 3:32:13 GMT -6

As you wish, sugar. I'll introduce Lee Kaneda as a well-intentioned but possibly misguided and naturally rather conflicted young Fire Nation domestic peacekeepin' soldier. Or something like it.

He is not high in rank or anything like that; he does the work of a guy who's on his first deployment. Lee believes in the Fire Nation's "spreading its culture to better the world" though he is written such that that is subject to change. He is somewhat naive and very ... easily manipulated.
Last edit by Deleted: Feb 7, 2010 3:38:59 GMT -6
kaitokatashi
Feb 7, 2010 4:31:53 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Feb 7, 2010 4:31:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Captain Azei Xian is in, of course, and Kai's rotting in prison. As soon as he's done dealing with stuff on Kyoshi Island, Haru will be joining the Resistance.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 2, 2010 4:23:56 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 2, 2010 4:23:56 GMT -6

I thought it'd be fun for the four main characters to get together after the show. No plan in mind or anything, just a whim. Thanks for indulging me.

Since Dosu, the antagonist for both sides, is approved where and who should he strike? Tang and Kuma are definite targets, but if anyone else wants to be a potential victim let me know.
There is also the problem of what to do once he is caught. Should he be killed in battle or caught and executed?

Also, should Kuma and Masami find out about Kai and try to spring him?
kaitokatashi
Mar 3, 2010 10:23:49 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Mar 3, 2010 10:23:49 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I don't really care what happens to Kai, but he won't be fighting in the Resistance if it starts up again.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 7, 2010 0:09:54 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 7, 2010 0:09:54 GMT -6

Suigetsu says we should skip his turns in New Ozai/Omashu while he has his stomach virus.
kaitokatashi
Mar 7, 2010 13:16:26 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Mar 7, 2010 13:16:26 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Awww. That's cool, as I seem to be taking longer than usual to post.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 13, 2010 22:12:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 13, 2010 22:12:48 GMT -6

Does anyone have a preference for when I start the murders? Also some fleshed out victims would be nice. Killing off a character with a personality is more fun. I have some victims and potential victims in mind, but I could always use more.

I'd like to have Dosu kill some people close to the characters. It's a cheap gimmick but...but nothing it's a cheap gimmick. It works, though. Add some pathos to the story.
No NPC is safe (insert evil laugh here).

Just let me know when you want me to get my murder on.
Anonymous
May 27, 2010 18:07:09 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 27, 2010 18:07:09 GMT -6

Me again.

What would you say to a week time-skip once the first few murders are committed? This way everyone can be a little more freaked out which will give the Fire Nation more control. It will also mean less murders for me to RP.

Everybody in the city can be on edge and really amp up the tension faster than if I just have Dosu kill over time.

Let me know what you think or if you'd prefer another unit of time skipped.
Thanks.
kaitokatashi
May 27, 2010 18:18:36 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on May 27, 2010 18:18:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'm cool with that.
This user is a guest