The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

The Omashu Resistance

Anonymous
May 27, 2010 19:02:28 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 27, 2010 19:02:28 GMT -6

Ditto. One week sounds good. How many murders are you putting out in that week's time? What's the killing rate, I mean?
This user is a former member
Anonymous
May 29, 2010 19:39:55 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 29, 2010 19:39:55 GMT -6

I think a murder a night should be good, but I'm planning on Dosu going for a two-fer one night. I'd still like like some semi-developed NPC's for him to kill to get everyone to hate him. Nice old ladies and cute animals are a plus.

If anyone has a suggestion for when, who, or where to kill let me know.
My hope is to create a slasher flick mood in the RP with Dosu as the nigh-unstoppable killer who will eventually be caught and probably killed only without any lousy sequels.
zanisha
Jun 2, 2010 16:30:20 GMT -6

Post by zanisha on Jun 2, 2010 16:30:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Character Name: Zana Kyoto
Alignment: Resistance
Purpose: to become a spy for the Earth Kingdom Resistance, using her Fire Nation roots against the corrupt and tyrannical nation.

My characater is a firebender loyal to any nation but her own. I've been looking around the earth kingdom. In doing so, i came across the group of Haru, Ninavask and Hanabi. Reading over their situation I had an idea. The rebellion is missing something, eyes on the inside. If Zana were to be accepted into the Omashu rebellion I could send her to the Fire Nation bases where Hanabi is at and offer her services there. She would act as a spy for the Rebellion while also receiving firebending training. Zana should have no problem being accepted there, she is a military brat and her father is the captain of a base on the outskirts of the Fire Nation Capitol. At the very least it could make for an interesting plat twist. So, what do you think?
This user is a guest
Last edit by zanisha: Jun 2, 2010 16:30:55 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jun 2, 2010 19:56:37 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 2, 2010 19:56:37 GMT -6

Hey Zana, since you already requested to join the Fire Nation Resistance, you're going to have to pick one or the other to have your character be in, or you'll have to make a new character. I talked to the admin & she said you can't have her be in both because they operate in separate nations. So feel free to PM Karena or myself about this!
zanisha
Jun 3, 2010 14:46:09 GMT -6

Post by zanisha on Jun 3, 2010 14:46:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yeah, I'm aware, I just wanted to see if this was going to work out with you guys. If it did then i was going to switch Zana to this group.
This user is a guest
kaitokatashi
Jun 3, 2010 18:12:45 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jun 3, 2010 18:12:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
This is a predicament. Shtiya, Karena, and I have said no, but you haven't actually posted an RP group for Karena's Resistance, so....hm. This is a toughie. I still say no, because you were already accepted into the Fire Nation Resistance. What does everyone else think?
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jun 3, 2010 22:26:45 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Zana, if you want to be in this group instead, just say so. All you need to do is chose.
This user is Mod
zanisha
Jun 7, 2010 19:08:18 GMT -6

Post by zanisha on Jun 7, 2010 19:08:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ok, I talked with Karena and officially switched over to here.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 29, 2010 13:22:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 29, 2010 13:22:08 GMT -6

This is a reminder to everyone that after the events coming up at night in the RP there will be a two week time skip.
In short: Night falls, murder, murder, murder and then two weeks pass.

If there is some character stuff you want to do now is a good time. Ankita and Zana can catch up with Kuma and the others to form the Omashu Liberation Front and get to know one another if you guys want.

Or if you want I can just go on and start the action by making night fall. Just let me know if you'd rather jump right into the action or do some more work with your character before the story heats up.
kaitokatashi
Jun 29, 2010 16:26:09 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jun 29, 2010 16:26:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Haru's just has to talk to Kuma about joining the Resistance, and then I'm good.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 29, 2010 18:40:59 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 29, 2010 18:40:59 GMT -6

Lee's officially In Mourning so you just do whatever and I'll catch him up to speed per usual.

eta: I assume our next move will be taking most of the characters to the playhouse, so, looks like we're all good.
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 1, 2010 3:59:09 GMT -6
ankitaametashi
Jun 30, 2010 12:19:18 GMT -6

Post by ankitaametashi on Jun 30, 2010 12:19:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'll have Ankita there by my next post and then I'll be ready.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 7, 2010 18:29:14 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 7, 2010 18:29:14 GMT -6

If no one has any objections I'll time-skip to nightfall and start the action soon. Please feel free to make requests if you want a battle between your character and Dosu. My only solid plans are for a few NPC's to die and for Kuma to get wounded...again. Poor guy.

After that there will be a two week skip where more murders occur and the city will be putting pressure on both the Fire Nation and the Resistance to do something about Dosu. Go ahead and create some honored dead if you want to. If everyone had a reason to hate Dosu that would be great.

Any ideas to improve the story are always welcome. Now, the risk of sounding like a cheerleader GO TEAM NEW OZAI!!!

EDIT: Would everyone who wants to fight Dosu the night of the first murders let me know here or via PM before the fight? That way I can plan ahead.
Thank you.
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 7, 2010 23:42:10 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 12, 2010 16:25:59 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 12, 2010 16:25:59 GMT -6

Okay, it feels like we're stalling. I'm going to go ahead and post Lee in at SUN DOWN so we can move forward with our time frame, unless someone objects?
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 12, 2010 16:26:26 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 23, 2010 12:14:45 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 23, 2010 12:14:45 GMT -6

Paging all players to the New Ozai thread; the play is ready so we should all be out of limbo and ready to move forward. (:
ankitaametashi
Jul 24, 2010 21:53:26 GMT -6

Post by ankitaametashi on Jul 24, 2010 21:53:26 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ready! Uhh...wait nope nevermind. I dont know what it post. Ahgh! Stupid summer writer's block. I'll come up with something, even if it's just meandering about the stage.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Aug 5, 2010 19:51:25 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 5, 2010 19:51:25 GMT -6

Kong Shi Yang has asked to join our humble rp but since he ranks of the resistance and fire nation are rather full I was thinking it might be fun to give Dosu a partner in crime.
What does everybody think of New Ozai being subjected to two killers at once?

Does anyone have a character with a dark enough past to warrant driving someone to kill? If so, a personal connection to one of the characters would be cool, in my opinion.

The second killer can appear after the time skip.
This way I don't have to think of a way for Dosu to antagonize every character.
Please let me know what you think.

kyozuki
Aug 8, 2010 21:30:53 GMT -6

Post by kyozuki on Aug 8, 2010 21:30:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, Kyozuki killed a fire nation guard during her escape - perhaps he was a close friend or relative of said guard. and his death at the hands of an escaped prisoner pushed Killer #2 over the edge? People have gone evil for less. And of course, Kyozuki is COMPLETELY prepared to cope with being responsible for destroying someone's life....
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Aug 9, 2010 2:47:59 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 9, 2010 2:47:59 GMT -6

Let's do the time warp again!
Is everybody ready for the two week time skip?
I assume that our characters physical wounds are no longer an issue but there are some spiritual scabs for us to pick at.

Here's a vague set up:
It's two weeks since the murders at the theater. As the body count rises the city of New Ozai is on edge. Everyone is afraid.
The Fire Nation has been cracking down hard on everyone particularly earth benders. The commoners are torn between the Fire Nation and the Resistance since neither seem to be solving the problem.

In short, everyone is scared and pissed off thereby venting on who they see as the two most powerful institutions in the city. The Resistance and the Fire Nation
Anonymous
Aug 9, 2010 5:42:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 9, 2010 5:42:05 GMT -6

Ummm, apparently we weren't given time to say yes or no, haha. I guess we have to be ready for it, now!

For the record, yes, I would have preferred to wait a little bit first.