The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Prompt Exemptions Samples

Post by Gia on Jul 16, 2007 14:48:46 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Prompts

Tin-Nuang-Cha -
You have become friends with someone who was, at one point, your worst enemy. Suddenly, out of the blue, they confess their newfound love to you. How do you feel? What do you want to do? Delve deep into your character, and do not scratch the surface. Remember not to godmod. Use only your character.

Achiro - You are misunderstood. Nobody likes you. In fact, a group of people go out of their way to make your life miserable. You hate the world. Someone comes along and offers you a way out. What do you do? What are you thinking? How do you feel? Remember not to godmod, and delve into your character. Do not scratch the surface.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 16, 2007 22:09:39 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
T'sao T'sao - You are a nineteen-year-old female with Bi-Polar Two disorder, more commonly known as "Manic Depression." Your father, though usually a nice man, likes to beat you when he gets upset — even when it's not with you. After he beats you so badly your boss threatens to call the police, you move in with your boyfriend, a young man only two months younger than yourself. You quit your job, lose your insurance, and move two hours away from all you know.

Needless to say, two hormonal teenagers in the same bedroom is a recipe for an escapade.

Three months later, after a few months of what you thought was the flu, you discover you are indeed pregnant. You have no job, no car, no license, no insurance, no one to turn to save your boyfriend; with the realization of your pregnancy, you must stop taking your bi-polar medication, which could have an adverse effect on your mental state.

Please, describe your feelings at this moment. NO SPEAKING, NO CONTROLLING ANY OTHER CHARACTER BUT YOUR OWN. Medical accuracy, for both pregnancy and bi-polar two disorder, is expected. Go.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 16, 2007 22:11:52 GMT -6
achiro
Jul 17, 2007 8:08:16 GMT -6

Post by achiro on Jul 17, 2007 8:08:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
She remembered the first time she had seen them. They had stood out like a fly in a glass of milk. First of all, they were neither old nor young; they had almost glowed in the peak of their lives’ parabola, confident beyond themselves at the ripe ages of thirty-four and thirty-one. The innocent angle of youth had recently left their cheeks, and fine lines of wisdom were only beginning to make themselves known. And second, they were not alone, as everyone else in this place utterly was. They had each other, which was more than any forsaken child or fading caretaker in the small orphanage could say. She had almost seen the near-palpable bond between them, how at all times they had been connected in an embrace of the other’s love and trust. To those who could not see this dimension, it was made visible in reality by the gold rings the two wore on their left hands.

When they had arrived, she did not get her hopes up, as she had the first hundred times. Often she would stand in front of the mirror without her glasses, without smiling. Besides two pink marks on her nose and the inability to read words at a distance, the glasses could have never been there, and as long as she didn’t smile no one would see the gaps in between her teeth. Like this, she blended in with all the other children. She was just as cute as any other little girl she played with. Like this, she felt that there was nothing that set her apart from them, so there was no reason that she should be teased or tricked. There was no reason that she shouldn’t be adopted.

How she wished it was true.

Meeting with them had been agonizing. She could easily expect spiders under her pillow and a good push in the mud later for even associating with them. Who would adopt you anyway? the other children would scorn. Your parents died in that car accident because you were so ugly! No one will adopt you now. Comments like that would leave her churning in bed for nights, flashbacks of screaming vivid before her eyes: screaming birds, screaming tires, and the ghastly scream of metal scraping metal. After awhile, their taunting words melded into the truths in her brain, creating one giant blob of truths and lies, indistinguishable from one another. After awhile, she came to accept their interpretations of her life as fact. And after that, no longer did she smile when a happy couple would come to visit. No longer did she put up a fight as she was repeatedly humiliated before others more like herself than she realized, and no longer did she expect to find someone who would love her.

Against all odds in her mind, against all the beliefs of the other abandoned children she spent her days with, more meetings between the self-conscious child she was and the disarming couple she refused to long for had kept occurring. The other children had become nearly unbearable, driving her to the point where she wished for desolation, where she wished for death. But still the two who were connected so strongly that they appeared as one had vied for her affection, taking her to the zoo, to the county fair, to the beach. They had continued to show her fondness and encouragement, things that she could no longer remember from her life before the orphanage. And the girl, torn between what her existence yearned for and what her heart warned would destroy her, had slowly opened herself to the couple to the point where they were sure. They were ready.

The question had startled her so much that she didn’t believe it when it had happened. She replayed the images over in her mind, not taking her eyes off the faces that had spoken:

The man, his arm around his wife, leaning forward as he spoke. “You can come and live with us, if you like.”

The woman, holding out her hand, her face too beautiful a thing for the girl to wake up to every morning, “What do you think of that, honey? Wouldn’t that be fun?”

She didn’t do anything for a second. She thought of the ghost of her parents, only an image in her mind of what it would have been like to be raised by them. She mourned for the love she never remembered receiving, never had the chance to fully receive. She thought of the tears she had shed, cursing fate for such a horror to happen to her. She felt the threats and taunts of the other children, she heard their words that sent stabs of pain into her heart, Your parents died because you were so ugly! But mostly, she felt fear rise in her throat like bile, fear of being hurt again, fear of accepting something that would only give her something to be taken. Her heart pleaded with her mind to turn around and run away, to cower under the bed where she deserved to be.

Despite herself, she reached her hand forward and grabbed the woman’s, her mother’s, with her own and smiled for the first in a long time, though definitely not the last.
This user is a guest
tinungcha
Jul 17, 2007 13:36:38 GMT -6

Post by tinungcha on Jul 17, 2007 13:36:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The words fell like stars from the sky, an unexpected cataclysm crashing to earth and destroying everything in a flash of blinding light and deafening sound. The very earth seemed to shake beneath his feet. The color must have drained from his face as each syllable was imploringly uttered, and yet…somehow; by some miraculous strength of will… he had managed to clutch at a façade of thoughtful indifference before gently strolling away as if to consider it. Inside, he was a tumultuous maelstrom of overwhelming emotions crashing wildly against the rocky cliffs of his resolve.

He couldn’t pretend he hadn’t seen the signs. The subtle hints that had been coming for longer than he could remember. The tilt of the head when he spoke, the long dreamy gazes and endless excuses to spend time nearby; the small gifts and indirect compliments had all gone unanswered. He’d quietly ignored them in hopes that it was a passing phase… that someday the passion would fade away or find itself redirected. Now, here it was… as bold and unblinkingly real as the bloodied bandages in his slender dark-skinned hands.

He could no more ignore that heartfelt confession than he could ignore this wretched unending war. Ti felt his stomach twist in a mixture of frustration and sorrow. His heart pinched tightly in his chest, sending shards of emotional pain cutting through him. The healer let out a weary sigh as he raked his long, slender fingers through his pitch-dark hair.

He’d have to do something, but –what-? He was at an emotional quandary. Tell this person… this very dear friend… that his feelings were not mutual and break their heart… possibly destroying a relationship that he had worked so hard to form, or allow them to believe his feelings were mutual and live a lie for as long as it took for them to figure it out on their own? Although the lie seemed the easiest route to take now, it only delayed the inevitable. Experience told him that. He would have betrayed a trust that had taken years to earn, all in a spontaneous, cowardly moment.

Anger flashed through him, momentarily igniting like a brief but beautiful firework in the black velvety sky. Why couldn’t anything in life be easy for him? Must he –always- fight for every scrap of fleeting contentment he had? Did life have to be so incredibly cruel? How could he possibly spare this tentative friendship?

The anger faded, fluttering like a dying butterfly in his chest. What replaced it was a sullen acquiescence. He wasn’t sure there was any course of action he could take that would not drastically change their relationship. He couldn’t possibly bring himself to lie. He’d lived a prisoner most of his life, and he could not become a prisoner to his cowardice, nor to feelings he could not return. Though Ti did not Love back, he cared. Greatly. He had precious few people in his life that he could truly say he’d miss when they were gone. He –must- tell the truth; even if it hurt them both to hear.

The blood on the bandages he still held seemed an appropriate effigy for his heartache. With a sharp flick of the wrist, he tossed the bandages aside and replaced them with fresh new ones.

There was nothing he could do to spare either of them the pain he knew would come. Perhaps, he would seem the Enemy again. Maybe old doubts would arise, or accusations both founded and unfounded would fall from lips that, for now at least, called him friend. Ti took a deep breath, steeling himself against the heated words he knew must certainly come. He straightened his shoulders and rose to his feet. His dancer’s body knew the moves all too well, carrying him to his doom with all the smooth grace of the cat for which he’d been named.

This user is a guest
Last edit by tinungcha: Jul 18, 2007 10:37:03 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 21, 2007 13:11:32 GMT -6

Grades
[/u][/center]
Achiro - Nice way of getting around the no godmoding, having it as a flash back. Very well written. Accepted.

Ti-Nung-Cha - I have to admit that your way of writing thoughts down rather threw me off at first, but once Karena pointed out what you had meant, I realized the error I had made. Very well written. Accepted.

Shun - Sorry, sorry. I'm so sorry, please forgive my lateness. *bows* Well written, this is. Accepted

Please keep in mind that exemptions, once passed, cannot be repeated if you are sent back to the RPG School for inadequate RPing!

~*~*~

Prompts

Takashi[/b] - A goddess appears before you, even though you have been turned into an abomination in the goddess's eyes. She tells you that you and five others are fated to save multiple worlds from demons and abominations such as yourself. As she stands there before you, in full regalia of a goddess, what are you thinking? How do you feel? What do you tell her? etc. NO GODMODING the goddess, or anyone else. If you choose to have others in the room with you when she appears, you are the only one to see her. Delve deep into character, yadda yadda. (If you have any questions, PM Katara).
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 21, 2007 23:09:14 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jul 25, 2007 19:15:29 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Hanabi Xiti's Prompt - You are a Princess, and only child of your father, the King. One day, both of your parents are brutally murdered, leaving you, their only heir, the new Queen. However, as the law says, only a man may take the throne unwedded. If you don't marry within thirty days, your claim to the throne is forefit, and the throne goes to your cousin, a cruel tyrant. What do you do? How do you feel? Remember, no godmoding, only what your character thinks and your character actions. Delve into your character, don't just scratch the surface.
This user is Mod
hanabi
Jul 26, 2007 9:37:02 GMT -6

Post by hanabi on Jul 26, 2007 9:37:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
A quill split the air lowering downward into a book, the eloquent handwriting of its owner being put swiftly onto the pages of her diary as she wrote of the most recent events that had happened to her, the motions of her hand was also a little jerky from the grief she felt.

—-
Dear Diary,

It has been two days sense I learned of the death of Father and Mother, I just wish I could shut it out but I don’t have time to mourn there passing.

It seems like only yesterday I was gazing up into my father’s eyes and being taught by mother, there smiles and wishes for me to be strong will carry me as I try to work through this tragedy.

Who could have done this? I could only suspect my Cousin, the Duke of Frantz, I know its not right of me to suspect him, but he is the only one who could gain anything by there demise. He is cruel and has always been tyrannical and I know in his hands the peace my father worked so hard to foster would crumble into ash.

I don’t know what I can do.
—-

The quill stopped as the princess who was writings hand stopped midway on the page, the light of dawn was shining in through the window, its rays beginning to touch the mahogany desk that she was writing at.

The princess’ delicate hand trembled as she tried to think up what to write, how to continue her letter on. She slowly stood walking over to the door that led to her balcony, she hadn’t the faintest idea of what to do yet, but she knew she had to think of something lest the good people of her land fall under the iron fist of her tyrannical cousin.

Normally when the princess walked upon her balcony at dawn she reveled in the rays of the morning sun and took in the wondrous beauty of it rising, its first rays coming from over the top of the chapel which stood at the eastern most part of the horizon, always present where the sun’s first rays where, always an inspiring sight.

Her gaze moved downwards seeing the city beneath her, everyone in the town was invisible at this distance, but she still knew what most of the buildings where. Down the main street towards the Palace was the Candy Shop, whose owner had always treated her with kindness and generosity made his living selling truffles of all sorts, beguiling kids with tales of far of kingdoms, of knights bold and strong, yet kind and pure.

The princess smiled, her gaze turning seeing The Orphanage, there she had met one of her closest friends, and the keeper there was a kind but grumpy elderly man, personally instated by her mother, and later knighted by her father for acts of bravery during the most recent war before she was born.

Her eyes came to rest on the statue in the middle of the city, that statue impacted her resolve the most, it was a statue of her father and mother robed with noble looks carved on there faces by a traveling artist, commissioned not by the royal house, but by the people to celebrate there love for the king and queen.

She imagined the face of her cousin if her where in charge, he would order the statue torn down, and have rased in its place a cast iron image of himself, far more handsome and regal looking then he himself was made and put in the place of the love offering of her people, his cast iron fist stretched outwards aiming towards where the bulk of the people in the city lived as a mark of his ownership over them, she knew then that he would have the artist slain so that no other statue could be made that comparable to his.

The image disgusted her; her wicked cousin was a monster of a person who’s only thoughts where of money and domination.

The Fair Princess turned stepping back inside, sat down at a small tea table which had nothing on it at the moment, all she needed to do was find a person whom she could care for.

Her hands rested on the cool marble top of the tea table, her looking at the Images of the gallant Knights artistically added to the table, this two had been a gift made to her by the same artist who had lovingly carved the statue that so accurately depicted her parents.

She smiled imagining the scene depicted, a brave lone knight, the regal Crest of the Lion on his shield standing ground against 5 foes to protect one lone child, a look of victory on his face, despite the odds she knew the knight would win, he was larger and had honor and truth on his side, he was larger then his opponents, and in his eyes shone a purpose.

She paused a moment, it suddenly hit her, what she needed to do; she knew how she would save her kingdom.

The princess walked past the ornate carved door that led to her bed chambers walking back into the writing area, she took the quill in her hand, throwing away the sheet of paper pulling it out of her diary she had started on earlier, the one that had the line ‘I don’t know what I can do.’ written on it.

She took a sheet of official paper; she was with her power going to help her people, it was all she could do.

Her delicate and smooth skinned hand lowered downwards the quill in its hand as she once again started to write.

—-
Captain of the Guard

By order of the queen, this summer will hold a great festival.

Gather from across the lands all of the Knights and people of good heart and strong moral standards, this festival is to celebrate chivalry; there will be many festivals, and a Knights Contest for men between the ages of 16 and 20.

This test must test every aspect of a Knights nobility, there willingness to sacrifice, there charitable heart. Over this contest I myself will stand as the sole judge, for the prize will be my hand in marriage.

I want the tests to include all of the basics from Jousting and Sparring to other activities you can think of that would help a man’s true character show.

I would also like a set up a secret set of challenges, where the ones of this contest will be put into situations where there true nature will be tested without them knowing it.

I would seek to have your counsel as soon as possible to discuss this and finalize plans.
—-

The Princess signed her name on the sheet and lifted the quill from the paper; she carefully wiped the ink off of the end of the quill setting it back into its golden holder.

She reached down opening the drawer on the desk pulling out her Signet Stamp, she set it on the desk taking the red candle which remained lit as long as she was in the Palace and replaced whenever it would no longer hold a flame.

She set the note into a red lined envelope closing it dripping the wax onto the letter, taking the seal and pressing her insignia to it, sealing the envelope with her crest.

The Princess stood slowly after putting her stuff away in the Mahogany desk taking the envelope walking to the door to her room.

As she reached the door her hand slowly reached down turning the golden doorknob, she pressed open the door stepping into the hall, she knew where she had to take the letter to, and she should make haste.

She pushed the door shut behind herself as she moved quickly down into the palace.

((Edited for coding fix.))
This user is a guest
Last edit by tinungcha: Jul 26, 2007 9:47:31 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jul 28, 2007 21:57:29 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Daaku's Prompt - All of a sudden, your best friend breaks ties with you. You are sure that you know why, but you don't have any proof. What do you do? How do you feel? Delve into your character, don't just scratch the surface.

Hanabi - Katara and I talked about your post, and we think that, while we think your description in your post is quite good, we both thought that it was a little devoid of emotion, for there was practically none. I mean, your parents were just murdered! You should have had more emotion about how she felt about that, as well as being thrust into this position sooner than she should have been. DENIED. Do one round of the Battle Training and try again, or do the Romance Training.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 28, 2007 22:44:31 GMT -6
nikko
Jul 29, 2007 19:08:58 GMT -6

Post by nikko on Jul 29, 2007 19:08:58 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Daaku's RP Sample

"Caleb boy! We're finally going to war! To Africa! And you know what's also in Africa besides war? Diamonds! Hundreds and thousands of tiny diamonds somewhere in that continent! Enough to make you a billionaire! Just think. You and me, we could have our lives set if we found them during war time!"

He could still remember the look on Isaiah's face when his best friend first heard the news. That was two years ago. And through that long time, things have changed. Caleb sat in the grimy prisoner cell in chains with his face in his blood stained hands as the memories rushed through his passive mind. Fourteen months ago him and Isaiah were traveling happily through the jungles before the enemy came, and before his best friend betrayed him.

Caleb had tried longing months ago to find a way out before he was taken either to work on digging up the grounds in search for the diamonds that everyone was crazy about, or be deemed not good enough for the job and sent to some bizarre torture chamber. He also had to find Isaiah once more. Caleb hoped he could change Isaiah's mind with everything that has happened. He hoped he's come back on his side, but why would he? The man had been obsessed with the damned rocks sense he was a young teen. And if Isaiah had the slight possible chance of getting his hands on some, then he would trade anything for it. Caleb knew this was what this whole mess was about. It was obvious in every way that his best friend would unbelievably leave him there while he instantly switched loyalties to the enemy.

In a dream like gaze, the cell door creaked open as Caleb saw two guards walk in to take another prisoner away. His opportunity to escape. Caleb cautiously maneuvered his way behind the distracted guards, reached out, and bashed their heads together hard. Caleb then took the jail keys as the two fell to the ground, and rushed out of the cell. He went from cell to cell unlocking the doors and yelling for everyone to escape. On his way out of the jail, he saw more guards rush in and shoot rounds at the ceiling to try and scare the prisoners back into their cells. Caleb smirked, stopping to eye the chaotic scene he had created, then turned quickly on his heel and kept on running.

Almost out of the base, Caleb was sure he could make it out and then get back up while searching for Isaiah shortly after. He concentrated intently running for the main doors while losing his breath, but just as they appeared in sight, he felt hands on both of his arms clutch him to a halt. Caleb let out a yelp and snapped out of concentration to a daze as he looked up at the two bulky soldiers who were holding him tightly. He could feel the tips of their fingers digging into his skin leaving red marks as he attempted to get free. But he was too weak and caught completely off guard to break out of their grasps. His weary eyes caught sight of a familiar figure walking out of the shadows. "Isaiah!" Caleb yelled while struggling again to get free.

"Isaiah buddy! Help me out! It's me Caleb." he said watching his friend raise both of his arms. Caleb's happy expression to see his troubled friend turned into a confused look, then to a frown showing fear in his eyes. In his left hand, Isaiah held up a quarter sized smooth white rock. A diamond. In his right, he held up a pistol aimed at Caleb.

"What are you doing? Put the gun down Isiah! You know me. I've been your best friend since middle school. Don't you remember the good old times?" he paused waiting for a response, but got nothing. "So I was right. Your betrayal was all about getting your hands on that bloody jewel." Caleb said with a scowl and a tear in his eyes. He got to thinking. Could this really be the end? After all they've been through with each other? Who thought that just a pretty rock could separate such a strong friendship? Could a diamond hold such power? Caleb looked into Isaiah's cold eyes. He could see the reflection of the diamond in them knowing exactly what was going through his mind. Tears gently rolled down Caleb's face,watching, fearing what decision Isaiah had made as his so-called friend slowly lowered the gun. Caleb let out a deep breath of relief as he bowed his head. But remembered Isaiah having other things on his mind.

" Take the runaway to the torture cells. I have no need for him." Isaiah ordered the two soldiers still grasping Caleb's body. The horror. Oh the horror Caleb felt crawling on his face after the man's simple words. Yes simple words, but meaning so much from someone who was once important to him.

A cold shiver ran down his spine thinking back to that cold day. Caleb now shook the nightmares out of his aching head, now staring blankly at the cell's dirt floor. He was now in his own cell after the incident. Disabling him to repeat those same actions leading him to escape. He ran a quivering hand through his mangled dirty hair, wiping the perspiration off his fore head during the act. To his surprise, the metal bolted door swung violently open. The time of day was what Caleb assumed to be three pm. Not feeding time, nor health testing time. At that moment Caleb knew for sure that it was his time to go. Accepting his fate, he reluctantly rose from the half broken bench and stood there with his head lowered in defeat.

If Caleb could have had it any other way, he would have changed his ways in a heartbeat. It just goes to show that some friendships save you from death. But other friendships, you'd die for just trying to save them.
This user is a guest
takashi
Jul 31, 2007 5:41:43 GMT -6

Post by takashi on Jul 31, 2007 5:41:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The day started out just like yesterday. The sun slowly crested over the northern mountain range illuminating everything in its bright glory. The birds began signing their song in harmony. The winds picked up carrying the smell of freshly baked good from the town a few miles to the west. It was truly a scene of beauty, and Artemis hated everything about it. Its been five years since he was polymorphed into a surface elf and the sunlight still burned his eyes. Would he ever get used to the feeling? Doubtful.

As the former drow exited his house he silently crept along in search of a morning meal to dine on. He used to be a proud hunter and weapon master of a noble house. Now he was just a common thief in search of something to eat. The years had taught him well how to adapt his hunting skills to thievery, but his scowl never left him as he remembered the day that changed his life constantly. He was leading an assassination attempt against the ruler of Blingdenstone Keep, an event that if successful would have won him great prestige among his kind and allowed them to take the keep once and for all. However, at the last moment the great and powerful Elminster stepped in and stopped him. The wretched mage used his magic and stole the proud drow's body and changing him to a surface elf, the lowest creature on the planet. Now he can't go back to his people for they would kill him on sight. His hatred of the surface creatures prevented him from living with them and so exile was his only choice. Sure, he entertained the idea of finding a wizard to change him back, but all of his efforts were in vain. Elminster's spell was too powerful for them.

Suddenly a sharp pain in his side pulled his thoughts back to the moment at hand. Reaching down to see what stung him brought about a wet sticky feeling. Curiously he pulled his hand up and found it to be covered in his own blood. Then the same pain came again. This time in his back and more forceful. Looking around he saw three elven soldiers attacking him. Looking ahead he saw a small child backed against a tree in terror. As the injured Artemis searched his mind for the recent events, and did his best to hold the three soldiers off, he came to realize that in his musings his hatred of the elven kind caused him to begin to hunt them. The soldiers called a warning to him but he ignored it and pursued the child. Thats when they began attacking.

Snarling at them, anger rising within him, his movements began to slow as the blood left him. He screamed to himself UNACCEPTABLE! After this long on the surface worl he was about to die by a despicable elf! This he would not allow! As the anger within his was about to burst free, like a font of water rushes from a broken dam, a dark skinned woman suddenly appeared before him. A woman whose beauty and splendor could not be described. She stood there in tight fitting blood red leather that left very little to the imagination. Sprouting from her back like a pair of wings were four spider legs. Even without the spider legs Artemis would have recognized her as Lloth the spider queen, ruler of all drow.

Seeing the goddess brought a mix of pride and shame to him. Pride at being one of the few male warriors to ever see the goddess, and shame to have to be seen in the lowly form he has been cursed with. No longer did his wounds concern him, in fact the warriors attacking him were frozen in time with their weapons embedded in him and his blood freely flowing from the confines of his body. Artemis tried to twist free of the blades to allow himself to kneel before the spider queen, but all that did was send another wave of blood flowing free. Then, as if sensing he was about to die any minute, she spoke. Her words were so sweet and gentle promising pleasures untold, yet also cold and cruel carrying the promise of painful death should anyone deny her will. "You have been chosen to save all the worlds I rule from creatures much like what you have become. You must devote your entirety to do this, and all I promise you is freedom from your current pains.

What followed from those words were a mix of feelings and thoughts. First was confusion as his thoughts began to bubble and swirl amidst his mind. Why me? I'm an abomination to the spider queen, the lowest life form possible. Then the confusion deepened as he sought to decipher what she meant by 'current pain'. Did she mean just the wound that was killing him? or was the wound really not fatal and she meant his cursed form?

As those questions went unanswered the next feeling was anger. She could have came to me at any time over the past five years, so why now?! Why must I have suffered this long if she was truly offering him a cure from his curse? Perhaps I should just spit in her face and grin as I greet death.

After that played out came a sense of purpose, as if he was being called to glory. How many people get called to serve a goddess? Is it even fair to expect anything from such a mighty being? So many others go through life never knowing the indescribable glory of a deity and yet one was asking for my eternal service.

The former drow weapon master turned to greet the goddess, but the overpowering strength of gaze forced him to turn his head away. He was about to accept her offer. To pledge his loyalty to this great goddess. However, having to turn his head put him in perfect view to see the terrified child, also frozen in time. She couldn't have been more than 4. She had so much life ahead of her, and the terror was so clear in her eyes. It was the first time he actually saw a face so young so full of tears. A few drops hovered in air frozen in mid decent to the ground.

This sight brought a new feeling. An unfamiliar one that he never felt before. So new was this feeling that he didn't know the name for it. It made him feel bad. Terrible in fact. The pit of his stomach swelled with pain. At first he almost dismissed it as his life force pouring out, but that wasn't so. No he heard of this from among the surface dwellers. What did they call it? Shame. He felt shameful of his actions toward the child and began to pity the race. Suddenly all he saw of their life made sense. He began to understand why they cared so much for their children. They were given the chance to love freely. The drow way forced you to grow cold to your children and view them as a sort of treasure. These folk acted selflessly for their children.

Finally, he understood just why Elminster gave him this body. The mage wanted him to learn a new and better way of life. Then he came to realize the goddess was still waiting for his answer. Could he agree to help destroy an entire race of good people just to save himself? Could he live with himself should he do so? He tried to tell himself yes he could. He was a drow. He killed many of them before, so why not continue? Yet he knew the falseness of that. He could agree to it, and easily kill the adults in battle, but not for long. It would tear at his soul to do so and soon he would begin to wish for death.

Turning back toward Lloth he bolstered himself and forced his gaze to meet hers. if he was going to die he would do it with honor. Taking a deep breath he silently prayed to Elistrae, the goddess of the drow who followed the path of good, for his soul and said "I refuse your offer. I will not hurt these creatures. Now all that was left was to face death.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 2, 2007 0:37:20 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Daaku - Your post was well written, and had a good length and Katara and I liked that about your post. I also think that you had a very interesting story. Quite different from anything I'd seen anyone else do. I do want to remind you, though, to watch out for punctuation and grammar, because we watch those things here. (For instance, dream like gaze is comparing a dream to a gaze, which actually doesn't make sense, but we know what you meant was dream-like gaze, saying that the gaze was dream-like.) Anyway, good post, but watch for those grammatical errors and redundancy as well. ACCEPTED.

Takashi - Before I say anything else, Katara and I wanted you to know that this post was extremely well written - very good. It was a very interesting read, however, you didn't really follow the prompt. Since the basis of the prompt was how you felt about the goddess' proposal, actually it followed it very little. You concentrated more on why you were an ambombination, which helped flesh out the story, which is good, but you could done it while following the prompt. Also, you NPCed not only the goddess, but the soliders and the child, and you were instructed not to, not only in the prompt, but in the rules as well. Also, a little reminder, when doing your character's thoughts, don't switch from third to first, which you did. Keep all thoughts in first person. If you go into third, they're not thoughts anymore, so don't make them look like thoughts. Anyway, as well written as it was, you didn't really follow the prompt. Sorry. DENIED. Do one round of the Battle Training and try again, or do the Romance Training.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 4, 2007 17:05:21 GMT -6

Raimei's Prompt - You are locked in your closet, hiding from a zombie attack. As far as you know, you are the only survivor. The zombies are in your house, and it's only a matter of time before they find you. For this prompt, NO GODMODDING THE ZOMBIES, and no finding weapons in the closet. Do not speak out loud. Go.
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Aug 5, 2007 17:57:36 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Kimiko - You're just out of high school and took a summer job. You're planning on getting married in the winter to a nice man. After a while, you and the person that you were paired up with when you both first started there at the same day, release the sexual tension that has been building inside you two. When you both are forced to leave a month early, it eats you both up inside, and you're not sure if you will ever see the other person again. Four years later, this person writes to you, and you two begin to rekindle the relationship that was forced to stop all those years ago. You two are still very in much love, more so than you are with your husband. What are you thinking? How do you feel? What do you want to do? No godmoding anyone else. No spoken words, just thoughts.
This user is Mod
kimiko
Aug 5, 2007 20:51:53 GMT -6

Post by kimiko on Aug 5, 2007 20:51:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Why did Aeden have to send that letter? Why did he have to cause her mind to race constantly with ideas and methods for escaping her husband?

Charlotte stared at the letter in her trembling hand. Her heart was thundering behind her ribcage, she could feel her body shivering. It wasn't cold, but she was nervous and quakey ever since she had begun writing back to Aeden. She had made sure she had been the first one to the mailbox, had hidden and smuggled these contraband letters back and forth like a thief.

Up until now she had never considered breaking either man's heart, but now, now everything was beginning to become far too much for her. She couldn't stand sneaking around and going to her office in the middle of the night to read these letters by the light of her computer monitor.

How would she end her suffering though? She would take the best course. But what was that? She could easily shred every single letter Aeden had sent her in the paper shredder. She could drown out all of her feelings for him, the throbbing that made her heart feel as though it was swollen and bruised, with the whirring and humming of the shredder's hungry, glistening blades.

Or she could take the more difficult route. She could divorce her husband, leave him behind with a shattered, broken heart. He would recover. But far more slowly than Aeden might. Afterall, she had only just recently begun speaking to Aeden again.

Charlotte held the letter over the shredder, still biting on her now tender lip. Every time she read Aeden's letters she bit down on her lip to keep from crying. She couldn't let her husband hear her crying down the hallway. Daniel was under the impression that inspiration had hit her in the middle of the night, being a writer was a great cover for her midnight tastings of the illegal drugs these letters were.

Setting her face, Charlotte had tried with all her might to open her hand and let the letter sink into those begging metal teeth. But she couldn't. She quickly pulled the letter back and held it against her chest as though she had just been thinking of sending Aeden himself through the shredder.
She couldn't bring herself to completely disconnect herself from Aeden. She had spent years with him, learning to love him, to be held by him, knowing him in ways she only knew Daniel.

She had opened her flower to two men. It only now just donned on her. A creeping filth began to crawl over her skin and inside her. Shame filled her heart. But why? Other women had been open with several men, why should she feel ashamed? At the most her adventure with Aeden had been a mistake. She let her passions and lusts take over for her.

Shaking her head she came back to the tought of what she should do. She loved Aeden more, right? Then she should leave Daniel before they began to fight, before they began to have children, before one of them might need to spend the night in a hotel because they couldn't stand the other. Before they divorced over those things. Surely, she could avoid all that trouble and be happy with Aeden. Maybe she and her husband would be better off if they divorced. Daniel could pull himself back together. And then she would be happy with Aeden. She and Aeden could get married, have children, be happy, have side-by-side grave plots.

That had been part of Daniel's wedding vows, side-by-side grave plots. A feeling of disgust came up her throat, concentrating near as it could to her heart. Daniel might die of heartbreak.

No! she thought.That was foolish! No one died of heartbreak--did they?

She frowned at the letter in her hands. Must she choose? Of course she had to. If she tried to stay with both of them she would end up getting caught. Both of them would leave her, each with a broken heart. The best thing was to limit it to one.

Charlotte pulled on the chain for her desklamp. She had chosen, she would leave Daniel behind. The lamp illuminated all of her desk, the pictures in their frames, her papers, her jar of pens and pencils. She reached for a piece of clean white paper, noticing a particular picture as she did. Instead of taking the paper she picked up the picture and held it close to her face.

Daniel was riding the carousel at Disney Land on a palmino. She smiled to herself and a small warm feeling began to spread out in her heart. Daniel had on a goofy face, looking back toward Charlotte who was chasing after him on the dragon. That had been a magical day. Before then she had never understood why it was called the magic kingdom, but after that day she knew. Smiling at the picture she set it back down and let her smile fade, she had to leave Daniel behind.

Before she drew back her hand her eyes became attached to another picture she had on her desk. It was a picture of her wedding to Daniel. Both of them were crying in the picture, crying and smiling. Charlotte couldn't help but smile wide as she looked at the picture. The warmth in her heart seemed to grow so much that it filled her and she almost forgot about the letters. Fresh, warm tears began to stream down her face. She loved her husband. And they were both happy together. Charlotte picked up the frame and nuzzled the cold glass guarding the picture. She set the picture down and took a piece of white paper from nearby.

She set her pen to the paper and began to write:

Dear Aeden,

We had great times together in high school, we loved eachother very much. However, what we had is a sweet memory and time doesn't work backwards. As far as this life goes, I don't think we're meant to be together. I love you and always will, but I choose to be with my husband for the rest of this life. I think I'm going to be a bird in my next life. I wasn't good enough to move forward, I know that. Look me up under Love bird.

Love,
Charlotte

Charlotte folded up the letter and put it in an envelope. She adressed the envelope and set it aside for the time being. Then she let all of Aeden's letter except for the last one to sink through the shredder's teeth. It hummed happily as its stomach was filled and as Charlotte turned over the last letter and wrote: "I love Daniel" on the back. She folded the letter up and put it away, just as the shredder finished its meal.

The next morning Charlotte took the envelope with the letter to Aeden in it with her to the mailbox. She kissed the letter softly then dropped it into the mailbox, along with all her affections for Aeden in this life.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 7, 2007 1:19:34 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Kimiko - I think that your post was good. You could definetley feel Charlotte's reaction to what's going on. I do think you could have used a bit more emotion, but I do see absolutely nothing wrong with this. Good job. ACCEPTED.
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Aug 17, 2007 2:54:18 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Prompts

Himura -[/b] You are trapped in a closet. The door is locked from the outside. You have no idea how you got in here, and there is no visible way out. How do you feel? What do you feel around you? No spoken words. Only thoughts, feelings, and sensory reactions. No cell phones or the like. No godmoding.

Ishimaru - You wake up and find yourself in the middle of nowhere. Your town is nowhere in sight, and nor is anyone or anything else for that matter. You have no idea how you got here, and all means of communicating with anyone who might help you are gone, and no one is coming down this road. How do you feel? What do you do? What do your senses pick up? No godmoding. Only thoughts, feelings, and sensory reactions.
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Aug 19, 2007 15:17:53 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Oyushi's Prompt - Your friends do not like your current significant other, but you know that you two are made for each other. How do you feel? What do you want to do? No godmoding or speaking, thoughts only.
This user is Mod
oyushi
Aug 19, 2007 23:12:32 GMT -6

Post by oyushi on Aug 19, 2007 23:12:32 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Timothy Robins lay on his back on his bed, staring blankly at the roof of his room, it was not because it was particularly interesting, it was because he was deep in thought, wrapped up mulling over how much of an absolute pain in the butt life had grown to be over these last few weeks. He knew that he had to choose, you see his friends strongly disagreed with his choice in women. That is to say they had some rather choice words about the her. Her, he smiled and his cheeks flushed, she was Rebbecca Simens, and she was his girl friend; like no one he had ever met, he smooth flowing locks of golden hair, her piercing bright blue eyes, the way she smiled and laughed, his cheeks flushed even more as he got to her figure. She had recently moved to his school and though just another pretty girl to him at first slowly she had... grown on him. Then one day, as if he had never noticed before he though, wow, you know this girl is amazing! He couldn't stop himself then, watching her in class, thinking about her, and he knew there was only one thing to do. Ask her out.

So last Tuesday, after English, he had plucked up his courage, taken a few deep breaths and walked up to her.
“So... uh, Hi Rebbecca, so... um, I was like thinking, that uh... Maybe we could go out some time?”
he had asked. As disjointed as it had sounded, it was the best Tim could manage. The second before she answered seemed to last for an eternity, all the while with Tim's mind running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, what if she says no? Never mind that, what if she says yes?! Tim bit his lip and watched his shoes. Then suddenly a single phrase had cut through the air, standing out from all the other noise from the bustle of every day school life.
“Ok.”
Tim's heart had leaped up through the clouds, he had feelings for her, and apparently, she had feelings for him! But of course nothing could ever be that simple. It turned out, Matt (one of Tim's best friends) really didn't like her, although his way of putting it was a tad more... colorful.

Never the less Tim had arrived at the movies on Friday night and had an awesome time with Rebbecca. He had been buzzing about it for days afterwards, just being around her was... enough to make happy for a whole week, and each time they went out the feeling grew on Tim that this could be something serious, life-long even! They just seemed so perfect together, like they were soul mates, Tim grinned, he couldn't believe he had just thought that, it sounded like something out of a cheesy girls magazine. But it seem, no matter how hard Tim tried to tell Matt how important she was becoming to him, and how he felt about her, it descended into an argument, Tim gritted his teeth and closed his fists, why couldn't Matt just give her a chance! Maybe he would come to know her as he had, and see her for the amazing person she was! Smart, funny, pretty, so nice, but why couldn't he see all that! What was wrong with him!

Tim shook himself. Another thing, he didn't want to leave Rebbecca, but it seemed to be that this was tearing his friendship with Matt apart. He had known Matt since primary school! Now whenever they talked, it ended up as an argument, the same old argument with the same points on both sides, then they both got fed up and stopped talking to each other. Tim was just in such turmoil! He sighed, what could he do? He was going to have to make some sort of choice or compromise, it just couldn't go on the way it was, and Tim didn't want to have to make that choice.

He lay on his back and waited begging that some sort of divine inspiration would come upon him, because there was no other way this was going to be sorted. Apparently in matters of the heart, nothing ever turned out right.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 20, 2007 1:40:06 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Oyushi - I am sorry, but the prompted state no speaking, and you did that. You could have gone about it a different way to still say what happened, but I cannot pass you if you do not do as the prompt says. It clearly said thoughts only, and you didn't do that, so I'm sorry. DENIED. Go through one round of the Battle Training and try again, or do the Romance Training.
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Aug 23, 2007 0:49:11 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Takashi - Your village has sent you to kill your own beloved sister for betraying the village, you don't know why she did it or how but you must come to terms with what you must do, be it for loyalty to your clan or loyalty to your family. What do you plan to do? What are you thinking? What are you feeling? No speaking or godmoding, only thoughts.
This user is Mod