The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Toph's Avatar Fan Art

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 9, 2007 6:07:40 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
I didn't get to fixing the text on the last two avvies, but thanks to Yulan's nifty tutorial, I was able to make some new avatars!

A re-do of my previous "It's Upside Down, isn't it." Toph avvie, with a nifty new border! I didn't remember what font I used. Darn. >.<*

Since I'm NPCing Mai for a bit, i was inspired to make a Mai avatar! YAY~ Mai! I think this shot captures her essence perfectly, don't you?

Currently my display avatar. I likes it lots, inspired by Ai Lin's version. Though, admittedly, mine isn't nearly as good. :/

Random Jun and Zen avvie I did. Prolly gonna give it to Halaku, if he wants it. :/ It's from the "School Time Shipping" short that the Avatar folks did. :3
This user is Mod
yulan
May 9, 2007 18:01:14 GMT -6

Post by yulan on May 9, 2007 18:01:14 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Wowee wow :D They look great!! I'm digging the new borders (I'm relieved the tutorial works). What features did you use to get the borders for your second and fourth avatars?

I actually like the font on your new Toph better than the font on the old one. And the softness of Katara's avatar is nice; it looks like a watercolor painting or summat. Though, what are those white squiggles around her for?
This user is a guest
karl
May 10, 2007 3:25:25 GMT -6

Post by karl on May 10, 2007 3:25:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
*sniffs* Thanks for reminding me...

XD, little chibis from school time shippings are funny! Make me laugh. And I believe the white squiggles say something- i can't tell what- Maybe Yeouch? Or something? Or Katara in a weird font. *shrug*

They are all pretty, though I like the old border for Toph because it was solid. Toph just seems solid to me.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 11, 2007 0:41:25 GMT -6

Actually, the white squiggles are just that — white squiggles. ^_^ I thought they were pretty... :/

This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 19, 2007 0:23:27 GMT -6

Ai Lin inspired me. :3
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 20, 2007 17:12:53 GMT -6

Random Avatar. XD

This user is Mod
yoritomo
Jun 20, 2007 18:35:11 GMT -6

Post by yoritomo on Jun 20, 2007 18:35:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
XD I like this last one (Well I like all of them, but this last on is pretty funny)

[glow=Green,2,300]Zarah Edit: Please Yoritomo Shidan do not post any art in some else's art thread. If you do have art please make your own thread and post it in there. Thank you.[/glow]
This user is a guest
Last edit: Jun 21, 2007 13:53:46 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 22, 2007 1:05:38 GMT -6

My first GIMP image in forever....

This user is Mod
Last edit: Jun 22, 2007 1:05:52 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 21, 2007 16:12:34 GMT -6

All righty! Long time no update! Here are my latest pictures — Fan Art, hand-drawn. Xiaoyu and Hatsuharu Shipachi. For those who RP with Xiao and/or Haru, hope this gives a better visual of exactly what they look like, and how similar they are, regardless of gender and the fact that Xiao is two years older than Haru.

EDIT: I don't know where Haru's arm-bands came from. They weren't part of my original description of him *sigh*

EDIT 2: And if you still can't grasp how similar they are, here are their faces side by side:

This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 21, 2007 16:35:09 GMT -6
karl
Jul 29, 2007 17:43:10 GMT -6

Post by karl on Jul 29, 2007 17:43:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Their features are identical, and they have the same neck. Coo! Speaking of necks, I get the picture that if I a vampire (or even vampyre) tried to bite either neck, their heads would fall off. They seem to skinny to me, somehow. Like, brittle. Or am I just seeing things?

Hey, even their parts are in the same place! And... Haru's expression looks more feminine than Xiao's. *nervous laugh*

Pretty pictures! I like thems a lot.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 25, 2008 18:14:13 GMT -6

And it's been ages.

Thanks to ming85.deviantart.com for the image bases; images used with her permission.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 24, 2008 22:07:07 GMT -6

Thanks to Rufftoon for allowing me to use her line art.

(click to enlarge)
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 1, 2008 2:59:43 GMT -6

No love for Katara? :'(

I was bored. Decided to make a Ty Lee av/sig set (Fu-chan, feel free to take with credit)

Here is the original image, from ASN's screencaps: i28.tinypic.com/v8elgy.jpg

Here's the sig/av:

This user is Mod
Anonymous
Apr 1, 2008 18:17:03 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 1, 2008 18:17:03 GMT -6

Katara here is a comment

WOW

Katara sorry it's been a while since i last posted but good work. I love the pictures of Haru and Xiao those are my favorite. I also like that Ty Lee avi and sig. Very pretty. Also the Katara avi with the white squiggles is very nice too. They all look great, and good job. I can't wait to see more ;D ;D
This user is a former member
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Apr 28, 2008 20:28:18 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 28, 2008 20:28:18 GMT -6

It's been about a month since any Avatar fun.

kireikaoruchan.deviantart.com/art/Still-Waiting-Sokka-84120425

YAY! Please read the Artist comments for specifics on this picture.
As usual, no copying, editing, hotlinking, etc, etc. Wewt.

A-MAZING!

That is an awesome drawing of Sokka Katara! And i also love the addition of the paddle, i know that if i were bored i would play with it *looks at paddle sooo tempting* :D But i love the colors and I can see the boredom in his eyes, Great detail :D, oh and also the background meshes in well, its not too much or too little it is as Goldy Locks would say "Just Right!" :D
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 28, 2008 20:50:30 GMT -6

Thanks Shuai! I was a little ... meh with Sokka's eyes, they're a bit disproportionate, and some of the shadowing is a bit off, but I like it.

Thanks again! ;D
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 11, 2008 21:58:07 GMT -6

I just made a sig for a friend I just got into A:tLA. (Yay, another one for the dark side!) I made an avatar to match as well. This is my first Zuko sig/av combo. (Amazing, actually. I never realized I didn't do a Zuko sig/av before...)

Render from Planet Renders, and pentool art from Smangii again. Made for QuietGirl [Candy] of ProBoards Support. About 20-25 layers in all. About an hour and a half with all my interruptions. xD

Render from Planet Renders, and pentool art from Smangii again... again. About 30 layers. An hour taken. ^_^ Wewt.
This user is Mod
takara
May 16, 2008 19:37:44 GMT -6

Post by takara on May 16, 2008 19:37:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hey love, that's my signature *points* You have conformed to the dark side and I shall never leave >.>

I really like the Toph one, however I think when you do avvies you should leave out the name part or something. Like on Zuko's for example, it says a good portion of your name and his name, with a bit of the Z missing. For Toph's you can see part of the bandit part and part of the H is missing on Toph. It just looks, I don't know, odd I guess. Maybe try something different.
This user is a guest
izumi
Aug 3, 2008 9:49:49 GMT -6

Post by izumi on Aug 3, 2008 9:49:49 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hi Katara! I'm a newbie here and i was just wandering around the art section when i happened upon your thread and decided to check it out....and might i say that i think your art is AMAZING!!!!!!!! I really like it. All the avi's and signatures are great and those two drawings are so cool. I'm really bad at art...even ask Shuai she had to color my character in cause i stink at coloring too...anyways what you're creating is super awesome and i really love it :D
This user is a guest