The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Toph's Avatar Fan Art

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jan 31, 2007 17:03:08 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Teehee, yeah, I squee'd when I made the Toph Avvie. The guy is Master Pakku, and the Appa pic says "Moppa Shipper" *grin*

More to come!
This user is Mod
soraya
Feb 23, 2007 10:07:21 GMT -6

Post by soraya on Feb 23, 2007 10:07:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Wow, great job on all these avvies! They're all amazing. I especially liked the Katara and Aang picture on the first page. I also liked the "oh snap" one with Pakku and the "o rly" one with Jun. I don't know why, but chatspeak makes me laugh. A lot. Especially when it says "rly" or "rlly". It's just so amusing.

But yeah, great job! Your skills are very pwnsome. ;D
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Mar 26, 2007 18:09:55 GMT -6

Random thing I made...

This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 7, 2007 20:25:01 GMT -6

I was bored, so I made a Sokka Avatar...

Everyone, I'm proud to introduce...

This user is Mod
Last edit: Apr 7, 2007 20:27:02 GMT -6
xia
Apr 7, 2007 20:30:54 GMT -6

Post by xia on Apr 7, 2007 20:30:54 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Awe~ Thats so cute Katara. I love the foo-foo cuddley poops. XD

Also like the psycho one, seems fitting.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 8, 2007 1:26:51 GMT -6

Thanks, Xing!

Now, I'm working on getting more of my Avatar Hand-drawns up. Unfortunately, I don't have any idea what to draw! Ack, artist's block! *cryface*

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
This user is Mod
karl
Apr 8, 2007 5:16:02 GMT -6

Post by karl on Apr 8, 2007 5:16:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
TIROH! But then, that's what I think about everything.

*blink*

Is the 300 rule in effect here? Because no one is doing it, as far as I can see.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 8, 2007 11:06:45 GMT -6

It is. Though, I am usually a bit lenient when constructive criticism is applied.

Now, I was thinking about doing an Avatar Fan Comic featuring Sokka dreaming about pretty girls. Dreaming, the key word is. :3 Anyway, what do you guys think?

I'm also kind of torn about whether I should use the official Avatar style of art, or to use my own. Thoughts?
This user is Mod
ailin
Apr 8, 2007 13:21:42 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Apr 8, 2007 13:21:42 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
lol I love the icon. That little Foo Foo is so cute. :)

A comic about Sokka and all his lady friends? Because we all know Sokka just has got it going on. He may be a total goofball, but the ladies love him. Just ask Suki, Yue and Ty Lee. I say go for the comic! It's bound to be really funny!

As for the art...I say go for something in between. There are shapes of the characters that identify them as who they are (like the shapes of their faces, eyes and noses), so maybe try using those as a basis but jump off from there to your own style? Weird hybrid, I guess. I dunno. It's up to you. It's fun to draw them both on model and in one's own style.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 1, 2007 1:32:40 GMT -6

Finally, a new something! ;D

All the lineart and clever quips credit goes to Rufftoon of deviantart.com.

Click the Thumbnail to Enlarge!
This user is Mod
Last edit: May 1, 2007 1:45:12 GMT -6
ailin
May 1, 2007 10:41:57 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 1, 2007 10:41:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Oh wow! I remember that piece well (spent an entire day staring at it when I was coloring it). Did you enter Rufftoon's coloring contest?

The changes made to the text are nice, giving it a cleaner feeling overall. The Cactus Bar sign is backwards, and that's pretty funny. :) Your choices for colors work well, all what you would expect the characters to wear, and the background has a harmonious selection of purples and a choice that gives the room a dark feeling without actually shading. Having said that, it looks to me that there's no shading/shadows/highlights in the picture at all, and I gotta ask if that was intentional or not? I'm assuming it was. I'm interesting in hearing what you were going for with that look. :)

Good job, though! And I <3 Rufftoon's work.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 4, 2007 19:12:41 GMT -6

Thanks. I'm actually trying to figure out how to do that. :3

Thanks to Kochi for the images and the song lyrics for this following piece.

This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 4, 2007 22:57:34 GMT -6

Apologies for the double post! I made a few more things today. All screen shots are courtesy of ASN.

I really liked this one signature I saw about fan girls screaming at Zuko's betrayal, and I wanted to make my own version. Here tis! It amuses me greatly.

Poor Sokka! XD This is his attempt to draw Appa. As we all know, it didn't turn out too well. The text says "Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" over and over again. ^_^

The King and Bosco — Best Friends Forevah! Need I say more? :3

This user is Mod
Last edit: May 5, 2007 0:41:16 GMT -6
ailin
May 4, 2007 23:41:35 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 4, 2007 23:41:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ooooooh, very nice stuff there, Katara! I see that you're getting all with the transparency pop-out (and we'll all be thankful to Yulan for the tutorial on that! :)). It's really pretty work there.

And I really love the Sokka and Earth King/Bosco icons! Anytime Sokka suffers we benefit because it's hilarious. That one has a very comic feeling to it, with the text running through the background.

The Earth King/Bosco one is really sweet and funny at the same time. It's simple and gets its point across in a cute and sweet way. You just know those two are total bffs. ;D

Looking good, lady. Keep it up! :)
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 5, 2007 0:42:58 GMT -6

Awww, thanks Li-chan. <3

Yeah, Bosco and the King, definitely BFFs... Lots of love there. *nods*
And Sokka — Yeah, I got a really comic feel when I was adding that text to the background. A lot harder than it looks, actualleh.

Here's something that's inspired by you, Li-chan! Azula always lies, baby!

This user is Mod
karl
May 5, 2007 9:37:44 GMT -6

Post by karl on May 5, 2007 9:37:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Now everyone has an Azula always lies banner... Erm... Mine isn't much of a banner, but now everyone can say "Azula always lies. Though isn't Azula more blue than red?
The transparent still doesn't work for me. It looks to have a white background. It there some way to fix it? *sad* And how do you get that white cutout outline thing?
And that Sokka makes me feel empathy. I can't draw either (and apparently am a terrible photoshopist who is arrogant and mean when people try to give me advice- sorry), and sometimes I feel many things would be easier if I could draw a straight-line- or duplicate an action I did before. Can I use the Sokka Avatar?
This user is a guest
yulan
May 5, 2007 17:04:20 GMT -6

Post by yulan on May 5, 2007 17:04:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I really like how you did your text on the Katara-Aang banner, two layers of text on top of each other, but one of them stands out. Nicely done. :]

Much love for the Stupid! and BFF icons, too.

Ai Lin - Thanks ^ ^;;

On your Azula Always Lies banner, did you resize the character stocks? Azula and Zuko look a little disproportionate to me. And, it's a shame that the tops of their heads are cut off like that. > <

Oni - Are you able to download Firefox? It's free from Mozilla.com... I use it as my default browser and transparency works fine for me.
This user is a guest
Last edit by yulan: May 5, 2007 17:05:02 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 5, 2007 18:41:31 GMT -6

On the Azula banner, I tried to make it so that the view perspective changed. T-T

Matching Katara and Toph Avatars! :3
This user is Mod
myonlystar
May 6, 2007 21:38:19 GMT -6

Post by myonlystar on May 6, 2007 21:38:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I like how the colors go with each other on the two latest ones, and it would be better if the two "sexy" words were the same size.

The foo-foo cuddly poops is awfully cute!
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 7, 2007 8:55:06 GMT -6

Sora - I didn't realize that they weren't the same size until I posted it on the site. T_T I guess I had some weird zoom thing going on in Photoshop that made it appear to be the same size. Gonna try to fix that sometime today. Thanks for the compliments.
This user is Mod