The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Ba Sing Se V

Post by Gia on Apr 2, 2007 12:04:00 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ba Sing Se: Once laid seige to by General Iroh, the Dragon of the West, it is known as the Greatest City in the World, even though the war is not something you want to mention inside the walls. A large city, with many walls, a Earthbending-powered monorail gets you from place to place.

It is seperated into the following:

The Lower Ring - For refugees, the poor, and the lower class.
The Middle Ring - For the middle, working class.
The Upper Ring - For the noble, high class, and royal.

Enjoy your stay in Ba Sing Se!

OOC: Here's a link to the last thread - Ba Sing Se IV. Link is to the last page.

You must state which part of the city you're in in the post of your post in bold, like so:

Middle Ring
This user is Mod
Last edit: Apr 2, 2007 12:05:19 GMT -6
Anonymous
Apr 2, 2007 12:24:28 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 2, 2007 12:24:28 GMT -6

Lower Ring

Anayaski couldn't believe as to how much stuff had happen while she was away. She now was able to control her fire bending slightly and knew how it was now formed. Though as to where her duties lied it had to be the Earth Kingdom still. She knew her family would not take that choice well since they both were from the Fire Nation. But they had to raise their child in the Earth Kingdom and never tell Anaya about her history until she found out on her own.

Though...being a fire bender didn't make things easier for Anaya to be in the Earth Kingdom capital. She felt guilty for really she was the enemy. She vowed that she would not fire bend nor pledge herself to the Fire Lord...she decided that being here would make her able to accept her path in life that she had chosen.

With her being clueless she ended up bumping into someone. Anaya was just locked in her own little world as her mind was full of thoughts about why she had come here...What if I...maybe things will change...who am I to talk...can I really be on this side...how on earth am I going to live with this guilt! When she noticed that she had bumped into someone finally she looked up and said "Oh...sorry sir..." she said in somewhat of an embarrassed tone.
This user is a former member
roax
Apr 3, 2007 14:57:08 GMT -6

Post by roax on Apr 3, 2007 14:57:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The Middle Ring

Ryusei entered Ba-Sing-Se wondering if either opne of his brothers had been here. He knew both of them had left also, but he had been the second one to leave and when he want to visit his parents, as he did once every few months, he found out that is little brother Shu had also gone off traveling. Well goes to show that we all had the same thing in our mind Ryusei thought smiling. Ryusei looked at the many buildings in the area and was completly lost as to where to go, and after a while he saw a tea shop and entered it quietly. When he entered he sat down at one of the booths and waited quietly and patiently for someone to come and take his order.
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 3, 2007 16:05:24 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 3, 2007 16:05:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Middle Ring

Kari walked through the Middle Ring with her messenger bag tugging at her shoulder. The sun's soothing heat against her golden hair, making it shimmer as if it were proud of something, though there was nothing to be proud of. Being a thief, having posters with rewards of her capture over the world, being an orphan, if those were to count as something to be proud of, she would be very proud of herself. But no, there was nothing to be proud of.

As she came through Ba Sing Se, the smell of ramen, Green Tea, fruits, animals, and more aroma's washed over her nostrils. It wasn't annoying, but soothing. 'I'm back into town, and... It's really, peaceful!' Something peaceful, finally! But she wasn't really looking for a peaceful place, but just somewhere she could pass through. Kari Ozumaki was on her way to Gaoling, she had heard about an earth kingdom fight there called, 'Earth Rumble 6' and it sounded quite interesting. Little boys and girls were laughing and running through the streets with grins as they rushed somewhere. Kari couldn't help herself but to give a small grin at them, they were lucky to be in a guarded place and also to have a carefree life. 'Those were the greatest days anyone could ask for.' she told herself.

The smell of tea and it's many assortments and flavors surrounded her, her eyes turned and looked around. There, only a few paces away was a beautiful tea shop that had people talking inside of it. A smile stole across her lips as she reached down and lightly brushed her brown shirt that covered her stomach, it was rather slim for she hadn't eaten in several long and agonizing days. 'I could spare a few coins for a cup of Green Tea, and maybe some rice or ramen,'

Kari took a short breath then started walking forward up to the great smelling Tea Shop. She opened up the door and a bell gave a soft ring but it was hardly audible above the people talking in the shop. Random conversations could be heard, as in: "I saw a guy with twelve toes!" "No, Jamie has the fever today! That girl can't keep sickness away!" "Gimme some more sake would ya?" Kari gave a grin and took a deep inhale, the scent of tea leaves, rice, ramen, steamed vegetables, and other delicacies. Her mouth watered and her eyes softened, it had been ages since she had smelled something so, good.

Kari's sky blue eyes scanned the room for a seat of some sort and finally she saw an open one, right behind a boy in a booth. With a small sigh she sat at the table behind him with her back facing whomever he was. 'This is great! Finally, a place that's almost all refugees! What could possibly go wrong here?'
This user is a guest
roax
Apr 3, 2007 16:33:34 GMT -6

Post by roax on Apr 3, 2007 16:33:34 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ryusei watched as a girl with blonde hair entered the tea shop. That's an intresting color of hair, if not very beautiful Ryusei thought laughing to himself. As Ryusei waited he noticed that no one was coming to his booth so he thought maybe someone would come if he was sitting with seomone.

He got up quietly from where he was sitting and walked over to the table where the blonde girl had sat down and asked pointing to the seat across from her, "is this seat taken?" Hopefully it isn't Ryusei thought, it will give me someone to talk to while I wait if she has no one to talk to also.
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 3, 2007 16:45:53 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 3, 2007 16:45:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kari had been listening to the shops and watching people talk and laugh when she saw the boy she had sat down behind. "is this seat taken?" he had asked. The girl gave a smile and then shook her head, "No, not at all." Kari gave a friendly gesture for him to sit still smiling. 'Someone's sitting with me. Hmm... I wonder what this is all apart of. Kindness? A purpose for himself? Or is there a plot going around?' her mind chuckled at the thoughts. 'I am overly paranoid. he must just be looking for someone to talk to or something along those lines.'

Kari looked around and then looked for a waiter or waitress, her eyes turned back to the boy and she introduced herself, "I'm Kari Ozumaki." Today was so great she didn't even worry life she would have before. She would ask herself if the person could be trusted and then hide herself. But, no, not today. 'He seems nice. Not like some of the drunk people in here.' her mind giggled. Her head looked around at some of the men drinking sake and laughing, which instantly reminded her of those kids she had seen. Those men must have been the same way they had been.
This user is a guest
karanbir
Apr 3, 2007 18:12:51 GMT -6

Post by karanbir on Apr 3, 2007 18:12:51 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Middle Ring

The young earth bender had no idea what he could do... as he stood there helplessly as Susin exchanged words with her father. Her soft hand no longer in his large rough one. He looked on at Susin as her facial expression began to morph from a once some what calm expression to one of fear. Her eyes filled to the brim with that strange glow that was known to the human race as fear.

She then without any warning fell to her knees and began to weep as she begged for her fathers forgiveness. This caused Karanbir's eyes to widen in shock as she cried her eyes out. He quickly knelt down by her side and wrapped his arms around her.

He then shot a glare up at her father who seemed to just be standing there, not knowing what to do.

" Hey! You know you could come and comfort your daughter?! She has been through a lot since she was separated from you after that fire nation attack! " The young bender exclaimed as his dark brown eyes continued to stare at Susin's father.

" I don't know what you are thinking at this moment, but if you where anything close to being considered a good father you would be glad that at least one of your daughters has survived this horrible ordeal! That being said why are you still just standing there?! Your daughter is in a lot of pain why don't you try and help her?!" He asked, anger clearly present in the young man's voice, as his eyes which in this light seemed black continued to stare into the eyes of the man before him.
This user is a guest
roax
Apr 3, 2007 19:32:55 GMT -6

Post by roax on Apr 3, 2007 19:32:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ryusei quietly sat across from Kari. When he heard her introduce herself he replied happily "my names Rysei Okunowa, it's nice to meet you Kari." I wonder what's shes doing here in Ba-Sing-Se Ryusei thought. He though about it for a bit and then asked, "so what brings you here to Ba-Sing-Se?" He knew it wasn't a very good question but it was all he could think up.

He looekd around teh shop quietly still uncertain of why a waiter hadn't come but he continued to sit hoping to be able to have a conversation with Kari. Even thoug he had just met her, he thought that maybe she would make a good friend for him, and maybe could be someone to travel with.
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 3, 2007 21:31:02 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 3, 2007 21:31:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kari turned her attention to Ryusei with a brightened smile, his question was a basic one that had a basic answer, "I'm on my way to Gaoling to see an Earth Rumble 6. And what about yourself?" Her eyes showed no sign of sarcasm or sharpness nothing but sweetness was what she tried to add. 'Maybe he's here to see family. Or, maybe I shouldn't think ahead before he's said anything!' She was always annoyed at herself when she did something along those lines. 'Well, he's nice already, and he's the complete opposite of myself so fat. He's sweet and quiet!' her mind laughed. It was true alot of the time Kari was loud and not all that sweet, or that's what she chose to think.

Her eyes moved around the loud shop and then saw a waiter leaning against the table doing nothing. Kari sighed and then turned to Ryusei and said, "Excuse me for a second." She put her index and middle finger into her mouth and let out a high pitched whistle that rang through the shop like a gong through an empty room. "Hey, waiter!" she called out. The boy looked up then gave a small gasp and then scurroed to theit table.

'S-sorry to keep you t-two waiting. W-what would you like?' Kari hid her giggle from the boys nervous stuttering then told him, "A cup of tea and one bowl of rice please." She turned her head to Ryusei and then asked, "What would you like?"
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Apr 3, 2007 21:31:10 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 3, 2007 21:31:10 GMT -6

Middle Ring

Matano who had heard all of this ended up coming over towards Kuno and said "Yes Kuno..."

Kuno who was already becoming mad at Karanbir changed his attention to Matano "Don't even start it!

"Or else what?!" said Matano as he was close to Kuno ignoring Susin-ya and Karanbir.

Kymatano's eyes widened when she saw her father and said under her breat to Nata "I thought you said he wasn't here?"

"Yeah I did too! Now get over there!" As she said that she shoved Kymatano over to the others to keep Matano and Kuno from starting a fight.

Kymatano knew what Nata was doing and went right over to her father which put her between Kuno and Matano "Uh...Daddy...let's go come on if you get into it now mother is only going to yell at you!" she said in somewhat of a signing tone.

Matano could clearly see what his daughter was doing and then left with Kymatano as he glared at Kuno. He was still angry with him but now didn't seem the right time to pick a fight.

Nata-Si then went over to Susin-ya and got down to the ground with both of them mostly to say something to Karanbir "If you want to make this any worse keep going or if I was you I'd shut the hell up! Kuno just acts like this...mostly he is in shock and trying to keep it together! I think I can speak for Susin by saying that if you mess this up she will never forgive you!"

Nata then got up and said "All three of you must be tried from this day..." then she looked at Kuno "I think it would be best that they trun in before Yulah and Anati both get back.."

Susin-ya had stopped crying when she heard Karanbir starting to yell at her father she then said under her breath too "Come on you don't want to get him mad...then any chance we had on being allowed to stay together will be gone...I know you are mad but please Karanbir do it for me and stop this please?" she hoped that her love would understand she didn't want to lose Karanbir and she hoped that he didn't want to lose her.
karanbir
Apr 3, 2007 21:57:27 GMT -6

Post by karanbir on Apr 3, 2007 21:57:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Middle Ring

Karanbir had heard Susin's plea. He clenched his fist as his teeth gritted, that strange beast like look that once claimed his face making a new appearance as anger boiled in the young man's blood. He looked away from Kuno and bowed his head slightly to him.

" My apologies sir... I was out of place to speak to you in such a manner... Please accept my apology..." He said to him, the anger once so clearly present in his voice all but gone.

After keeping his head bowed for a few seconds he lifted it up to its normal level and turned to Susin.

" Sorry I... I don't really know what got into me... I think it would be better if I go outside to get some fresh air..." He said to her before getting up to his feet. He looked over at Kuno, that strange look present in his eyes for a split second before he turned away and made his way outside.

Once outside he looked up at the blue sky. The air much cleaner than what it had been in the lower ring. The area surrounded by lush green grass, and small gardens outside everyone's house. The young bender looked around as he tried to suppress the strange feeling that kept building up inside of him. It kept whispering to him... Telling him strange things... Things he knew where not true, things that in a normal state of mind he would have never thought of.

He shook his head and looked down at the ground... the hard earth beneath his feet had been split by several cracks... Did he do this? It didn't matter, it would still have to be fixed. His hands at his waist balled up into fists quickly burst out forward. He then opened his hand palms facing the ground. Then in a quick second he brought his hands together in a clapping motion, resulting in the cracks in the ground closing and leaving the floor as it once was.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Apr 3, 2007 22:22:24 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 3, 2007 22:22:24 GMT -6

Middle Ring

Susin-ya looked at him...he was acting odd once again. It couldn't be that strange behavior that he had displayed to her before...

The saddness that she had when she had to tell her father about Kunana's death fanished and mostly she was becoming worried about Karanbir. She turned to face her father and left...it was still hard to talk to him...

When she got outside she went over to Karanbir and said "You OK? Everything is alright right?" She was getting conserned about him...what if he wasn't able to control this...though what if it wasn't that...

She mostly wondered about wheather or not she could be of any help for him...she felt so useless if she couldn't help him. She then rubbed his shoulder with her left hand and said "I'm here for you...you know that right my love?" Please let him be able to control this...if he lashes out fully at Father...no I won't think of such things!

Back inside Nata was trying to get things back down to a calm state. "They've both been through a lot...can you blame them? It must have been beyond horrible when it happened..." mostly she was trying to stop him from getting mad or anything. "Yulah must-"

"Nata-Si stop talking please...I get it, I get it! All of you except for Matano seem to be trying to stop me from getting angry over the subject." then he folded his arms "Though I wasn't mad in the first place! Just..." he then looked at Nata-Si "I think it would be best if Yulah didn't know they are here...I'll tell her so Susin-ya won't have to do it again..." he then finished and walked off from the front of the house.

"Uh sure..." Nata said before he left I'm no stupid babysitter! Man I hate this! I'll just leave them be until they come back in...Susin you owe me!
roax
Apr 4, 2007 6:05:30 GMT -6

Post by roax on Apr 4, 2007 6:05:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ryusei listened as Kari spoke. The Earth Rumble 6, I've heard of that he thought trying to remember what it was. "I've heard of that before, I just can't fully remember what it is, isn't a fighting tournument or something?" Ryusei asked Kari not fully knowing waht it was. "Well me" he began, "I'm just traveling around you know, trying to meet people, and make friends to travel the world with. Nothing really special." When he heard Kari whistle he laughed a bit, seeing that she was going through so much work just to get a waiter to come over. When he heard Kari ask him what he wanted he turned his head to the waiter and said "I'll just take a cup of jasmine tea."
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 4, 2007 6:24:18 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 4, 2007 6:24:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The waiter scurried off before Kari gave a small smile. "Earth Rumble 6 is for benders and other fighters, where they come to show off their strength. I was going to try with my waterbending." The girl set her water canteen on the table, it had only half of the water she had a few days before but the Water Tribe insignia stood proudly upon the top of the bag. The girl touched the thick cotton sack and felt the roughness of the skin, her fingers rolled it around then set it off to the side upon the wooden table.

"Well, that's pretty cool. So you are just, roaming around the world? Or are you going to a certain place?" The girl took her glowed hand and tucked her golden hair behind her ears. Her eyes were brightened as the thought not sure if it was a sarcastic or serious matter, 'Hey, maybe I'll go with him!' Her mind gasped and then she looked down at her skirt in slight embarassment.
This user is a guest
roax
Apr 4, 2007 6:30:11 GMT -6

Post by roax on Apr 4, 2007 6:30:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ryusei listened to her explain about the Earth Rumble 6. She's a waterbender Ryusei thought suprised, I've never met a waterbender before. Ryusei nodded his head silently and said "okay. And you are a waterbender, that's cool, I've never met one before so you know." When he heard Kari's question he replied "no I'm not going anywhere in particular just traveling around the world." When he saw Kari look down at the gound, he knew something was wrong so he asked "Kari, are you okay?" I hope she's okay Ryusei thought, I know I just met her, but still I don't like seeing people in pain, and I hope it wasn't me that caused whatever the problem, because if it is, that's bad.
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 4, 2007 6:47:21 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 4, 2007 6:47:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kari looked back up at him and then replied, "Yeah. I'm totally fine." It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the truth either. She crossed her legs then gave a little cough, the waiter came back with Ryusei's tea and Kari's food. The girl bit her lip, it had felt like forever since she had anything to eat. Her set the bowl down in front of her and then handed her chopsticks whilst her set the teas down, then scurried away.

Kari took the chopsticks then started eating her rice, trying to look like a lady, but inside she was just dying to eat as quickly as possible. "So, you know I'm a waterbender. What type of bender are you? Or if youre a nonbender where are you from?" Kari had a slight guess it'd be the Earth Kingdom, that's where almost everyone was from.

The clicking of rain coming down upon Ba Sing Se rang through the shops. It echoed through the voices of people and Kari calmed at the hearing of it.

((I'm about to leave so please excuse the bad post G2G BYE!))
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Apr 4, 2007 8:06:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 4, 2007 8:06:32 GMT -6

*Middle Ring*

Joychi was in front of the Train Station, waiting for the train. He looked at the sun. It was high in the sky. Then something came in the sun's light. It was a bird which was flying. Joychi thought it was quite close to him because it looked like it was at normal size in his sight. Bu it was becoming bigger as it approached the ground. Its feathers were red. Joychi recognized th bird immediately. "Gokko !!" He called out with a smle. Gokko landed on the roof of the train station. The citizens were a little afraid because they hadn't seen him. "Don't worry !! It's nothing ! Get in the train, it'll be OK." Joychi told them to calm them down. They all nodded and hurried inside as the train came in the station. Joychi went outside and jumped on Gokko's back. "It's been a long time, man... Did you miss me ?" He asked while rubbing Gokko's back. Gokko nodded. "I missed you too..." Then Gokko whistled like a bird and let out a slight scream. "Yeah, I know, we've been here for a long time. I promise we're going to leave soon. I'm sick of this place anyway. And I'm sick of being a lieutenant. But for now, can you take me to Full Moon Bay ? I've been appointed there for today." Gokko took off and started flying towards the Serpent's Pass. "Thanks. It's nice from you" Joychi said.
roax
Apr 4, 2007 13:28:05 GMT -6

Post by roax on Apr 4, 2007 13:28:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ryusei was unsure if what Kari had told him was true, but he was going to beleive it, not having known Kari too long, so he couldn't tell her lies from when she told truths. When he saw the tea be put down on the table he toke a tiny sip from it. When he heard Kari ask what kind of bender he was, he didn't know if he should tell the truth or lie. Unsure of what to say, he said "I'll tell you later Kari, you know, if there is a later with us, I mean if we ever see each other later." He knew what he had just said was kind of confusing, but he just wanted it to come out right, and not make it sound like what it wasn't.

Ryusei took a sip of tea from his cup and thought maybe she could be someone I could travel with, it seems as if she has no one to travel with, so maybe I should ask. Ryusei hesitated for a few seconds and then asked, "Kari, are you traveling with anyone currently?"
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 4, 2007 15:31:37 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 4, 2007 15:31:37 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kari eyed him over with an odd look. 'Later? Hmmm..... I wonder why later instead of now. Maybe it's a secret. But why?' Her mind ran it over several times but couldn't find an answer. 'He's either an earthbender or a firebender because he told me he never saw a waterbender before.' She gave a small smile and then nodded, "Fine, I guess you can tell me later. Ya' know, if you want." The girl took another couple of small bite of her rice, savoring the taste.

The rain picked up and drummed against the windows. Kari looked out of the window and noticed no one else seemed to notice or care for that matter. At the sound of his question she gave a small shake of her head, "No, there's no one else traveling with me at the time. What about you?" A small smile came to her face as she asked him her question in return.
This user is a guest
roax
Apr 4, 2007 15:41:55 GMT -6

Post by roax on Apr 4, 2007 15:41:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ryusei looked at Kari smiling when he heard her say that he could tell her later if he wanted. He knew now, that Kari would be a good person, to travel with, not questioning you with things. "Okay then" Ryusei said. Ryusei looked out the window to see that it was raining, and he knew what that meant, it would be wet, and if ever had to bend, it would be near impossible.

Ryusei, nodded and said "no I am not either," when he heard Kari say that she had no one to travel with. Maybe now would be a good time to ask if she would maybe travel with me Ryusei thought. Ryusei toke a si[ from his tea and then asked "Kari, I would like to know, would you possibly travel with me?"
This user is a guest