The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Ba Sing Se V

Anonymous
Feb 26, 2010 17:47:15 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 26, 2010 17:47:15 GMT -6

Social Studies
-Middle Ring-

When Han shot a cold look towards him Suigetsu momentarily thought she might have been a water bender. He could have sworn the fluid around his testicles froze.
He shook off the feeling as best he could and noted that it was possible for Han to accept a nickname, but not from him.

He thought he'd made some horrible and ever-lasting damage to their relationship until Han asked him if he was hungry. At first he wasn't sure if she was still talking to herself since the transition was so abrupt.
Suigetsu thought about the idea of a tryst involving his two co-workers killing his appetite at breakfast and then to the stick of grilled unagi he had earlier. He was hungry.

"Come, we'll eat before I let you teach me how to ask people questions."
At first Suigetsu could only gape at Han's statement. Once he sat down he could speak, but her request still made no sense.
"Teach? You?"
The shock had worn off and the absurdity had set in. Suigetsu, the perpetual student, the perpetual poor student teaching someone. He had to laugh. There was no way for Han to know his history and how many frustrated teachers he had in his time, but it was still highly amusing.
His laughter died down and he felt a little ashamed with his reaction.

"Sorry, but I don't know what I can teach you. You don't know me well, but I'm not smart and I don't know if I can actually teach what I know. Even if it's not much." He sighed and wished he'd answered Han with at least an iota of confidence.

A waiter approached barefooted and utilizing a wobbling walk which made Suigetsu smile. It was blindingly obvious what the problem was, even to him. Han knew it too, most likely due to the same, but deeper observations.
"Just started earth bending classes, huh? I know that 'horse stance' walk."
Though he would never be able to bend earth Suigetsu took the running joke of him being a lost earth bender seriously. He knew the forms and stances and was even told he had some talent for it. He couldn't care less if is waiter were an aspiring water bender, but Suigetsu felt it was good to encourage earth benders to persevere.

After taking whatever the student waiter suggested and as Han ordered her meal Suigetsu decided that he had stumbled upon something. Maybe he did have something to teach. Once the waiter left he tried to think of a lesson to impart.
"I guess the first thing to remember is that people love to talk about themselves...most people. If you show some interest they will usually go on and on about stuff. You're pretty so you have a huge advantage...kinda. If you deal with guys they're probably going to lie to try to impress you. By now you probably know that guys will just about anything for a pretty woman."

When the shuffling waiter came back with their drinks Suigetsu spent a few minutes detailing his trials of earth bending classes which he assumed would put the server at ease.
"People love embarrassing stories where they can feel superior. Unfortunately, I have a ton of those. Like at the unagi stand. I told the guy that..." he froze momentarily and tried to think of a vague way to refer to Han and hoped it would escape her notice. "um, that there was someone I, uh, liked a lot. I also mentioned that I had no chance. He felt bad for me and gave me a stick of unagi. Even though times were bad for him he felt I had things worse. You can't just go around complaining, you have to do it right."

The water bender sighed and wondered if he was making any sense. Human interaction was hard. Teaching it was even harder. He could only hope that with Han's observational skills she could learn what he did without him having to speak it.
He spoke further with the waiter and found out where he studied and the circumstances of him discovering his ability to bend. Suigetsu asked more questions and threw in the occasional anecdote and found the waiter opening up to him perhaps too much. Apparently, there had been a fight with his boyfriend the mention of which made Suigetsu very uncomfortable. People getting that personal that fast unsettled him.

"Why don't we trade questions to practice? I'll ask one and then you." It seemed like a useful means of sharpening Han's social skills. More importantly, it was a good pretense to get to know the woman across from him better.

"What do you look for in a man?"
He wanted to gouge out his eyes with his chopsticks for not building up to that question, but it was out there begging to be asked.
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Mar 2, 2010 18:31:06 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 2, 2010 18:31:06 GMT -6

Riddle Me This
-Middle Ring-

Han regarded Suigetsu with her normal air of observance. He lacked confidence; obviously he had not been taught deeper values as a child. Many men of his stature had difficulty with confidence, she was well aware of that. Perhaps that was something he would learn in time. Han knew that her own teachers had enjoyed instilling within their students a sense of self-worth and confidence. It was the mark of a good teacher. While she was not proficient in many social conventions, she did know that. Mentally she made a note to write to a former professor and request methods for such things.

Ah, casual flirtation. Han lifted an eyebrow and watched Suigetsu flirt with the waiter. The boy could probably use a lover; it would help with his studies if he had an outlet for his biological needs. The Waterbender’s story about liking someone he had no chance with brought a nod from the scholar. Clearly he was smitten with a young man who did not share his sexual inclinations.

The idea of practicing was good. It was most helpful to practice things before trying one’s hand at them otherwise. When Suigetsu asked her what she looked for in a man, Han raised an eyebrow. “Physically,” she said, “I enjoy a man with a bigger mandible and a more prominent zygomatic, as well as a more pronounced ratio between the width of his clavicles and his ilia. Intellectually, I enjoy a man who can keep up with complex conversations and is stimulating.” When her food arrived, she began eating without any formality.

A pause brought her to realize that she was now the one meant to ask a question. “Ah. Do you often find you have feelings for people you are unlikely to cement a relationship with?” She drank some water. “Perhaps you should enter into a sexual arrangement with someone to relieve your tension.”
Anonymous
Mar 3, 2010 15:31:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 3, 2010 15:31:02 GMT -6

MISTER RIGHT ACROSS THE TABLE
-MIDDLE RING-

Suigetsu couldn't make any sense of Han's descriptions of the physical characteristics she found attractive but assumed he didn't match her ideal. Idly, he wondered if he could make his zygomatic more pronounced via exercise.

When intellectual interests were mentioned Suigetsu wasn't as sure how to take Han's preferences. Stimulating conversation seemed like an opening. He had stimulated self-professed pacifists into punching him but he doubted Han meant that sort of stimulation. Still as long as the topic of group dynamics didn't come up Suigetsu assumed he was safe from being slapped.

He felt that he simply could have asked what she disliked in men and gotten a one word answer: "You."
Something puzzled the already confused young man. If mental prowess was such an asset why did Han choose Tatsuya as a partner. The man was no fool, but hardly someone Suigetsu considered a master of conversation.

The idea came that perhaps Han selected different men for her physical and intellectual needs, but that seemed strange even for Han. Then again he had to admit he didn't know the woman across from him well at all.
What was most bothersome was that he didn't meet either criteria.

If I can't engage her mind or her body what's left? Romance? That's...possible...maybe...perhaps.

In the middle of formulating a plan to reach the heart of such a seemingly untouchable woman Suigetsu received his food from the friendly waiter who smiled at him. He lingered around the table a bit before asking Suigetsu if there was anything else he could do for him. Han chose then to ask Suigetsu her question which was more deep than he had thought was needed. Apparently Han wasn't much for small talk.

“Ah. Do you often find you have feelings for people you are unlikely to cement a relationship with?”
Suigetsu exhaled deeply and cast his eyes upward. It was his thinking habit. He scratched at his face and sighed again. For years this had been the tell he was uncomfortable but resigned.
"To be honest I don't think I can cement a relationship with anybody. I can get along with anybody on a, uh, I don't know what to call it...a shallow level? But the closer I get to people the more I end up screwing things up."

The waiter who was still at the table gave Suigetsu a look of someone wanting to hug and take care of a cute, wounded animal. It made the bender slightly uncomfortable which made him hope that Han would say something to break the tension.

“Perhaps you should enter into a sexual arrangement with someone to relieve your tension.”

When the words hit Suigetsu and the waiter had matching looks of embarrassment. The person sitting at his meal greatly envied the man working who could easily find an excuse to leave and did so.
Han once again ceased to be a sexy woman, this time to take on the role of embarrassment.
He wanted to say something. Anything. Words would not come. How was he supposed to respond to that?

"Um....bathroom. Be back in a little bit."

Once inside the lavatory Suigetu slumped on the floor and leaned his head against one of the wooden stalls. The men that came in immediately left as whatever afflicted the bald Water Tribe teen was worse than a full bladder.
Being blunt seemed best, but this was a topic that not a comfortable one.

Immediately upon sitting back down in front of Han he spoke.
"My first and last sexual experience was during my stay in prison."
The sound of his waiter dropping several cups of tea in shock didn't register.
"It's a complicated subject for me. Sorry."

Suddenly the waiter's look of wanting to protect him turned to something else as if he wanted to latch onto Suigetsu and start weeping.
Last edit by Deleted: Mar 3, 2010 15:32:22 GMT -6
Anonymous
Mar 8, 2010 19:36:21 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 8, 2010 19:36:21 GMT -6

Don’t Want No Paper Gangsta
-MIDDLE (moving to Lower) RING-

“Ah. You feel emotionally unprepared for deeper relationships. Well –“ she shrugged. “That’s all right.”

When Suigetsu ran away to the toilets, Han simply shrugged again and continued eating. Perhaps the young man was embarrassed at the thought of a sexual relationship. It could be that he was a virgin. There was nothing shameful about that.

Of course, on his return, the Waterbender revealed his only sexual experience having been in prison, and Han nodded. “I apologize,” she said, “please disregard the question.” She pushed the boy’s water glass at him, as if trying to be comforting. “It is not important that we discuss it.” She gave him what was meant to be a comforting, ‘there there’ sort of look.

Finishing her food, she paid for hers and waited for Suigetsu to pay for his before they left the establishment. Her plan was to return to the Lower Ring, ask some questions, and then return to the shop to compile evidence and think about things. And, possibly, have a nice bath.

As they walked, Han made her plans about where to go first. The cut-throat jeweler she knew, who was actually a thief but enjoyed calling himself a jeweler, would be a good place to start. As she stepped through the door of his shop, he gave her a knowing smile, holding his arms out wide as if to hug her.
“Han,” he said, in a familiar tone, “to what do I owe the pleasure of your appearance?”
“I need some information, Choi,” Han said. Her manner was brusque.

The facts were these: Han Ye Seul was a woman who had no trouble taking multiple partners for various uses. Choi the Jewel Thief was one of the cast-offs of this process, a man with whom Han had enjoyed talking and drinking coffee, but not intimacy. They had parted amicably, sort of. Choi held a little bit of a grudge, but that grudge was not big enough to balance out his attraction to her hips.

“About what?”
Han produced the medallion. “It’s Fire Nation make, so don’t tell me about that. Tell me something more… detailed.”
The man took the medallion and turned it over in his hands, one eyebrow raising. “Where did you get this?”
“Classified.” Han’s smile was all teeth.
Last edit by Deleted: Mar 11, 2010 19:22:22 GMT -6
Anonymous
Mar 11, 2010 22:00:19 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 11, 2010 22:00:19 GMT -6

BRILLIANCE, CLARITY AND CLEAVAGE
-Middle Ring/Lower Ring-

When Han apologized for making him uncomfortable and slid his water to him Suigetsu's heart didn't know what action take. Pump furiously or just stop. The look of attempted comfort she gave him provoked more confusion than anything else. He immediately decided that Han was not the sort of person to dole out such looks haphazardly and that he was in some way special...even if just especially pathetic.

Han reminded him of his first love. An older woman who had to be read in order to divine anything. Like Han, she wasn't typical, she was a warrior water bender which was forbidden to women. In the early times of puberty and dealing with abandonment issues it should have been a more confusing time for the young man. Things were clear then. He would live for this strong, outcast woman and if the day should ever come to be needed by her Suigetsu vowed to be there.
Those same feelings of lust and respect began flowing again along with another bewildering feeling the bender could not recognize.

"Thank you." It was soft and barely audible but he hoped the object of his confusing affection had heard it.

Once Han paid for her meal the only reason Suigetsu could think of for hugging the waiter was overwhelming emotion. He cleared his throat and looked around the restaurant where people stared.
"The service was just that good," he said with an awkward smile.
He reached for his money but felt the waiter's hand on the sleeve of his coat and was told not to worry about it. The waiter gave his name and what hours he usually worked then suggested Suigetsu coming in some time to discuss earth bending.
When he said "It's a date, Chow." Chow the waiter blushed a red so bright he was sure no human could repeat it.

Suigetsu silently followed Han and felt that he could do so for the rest of his life, Han permitting. There would be varying levels of silence, though. Respect and love only bought so much silence from the iconoclastic young man.
When the jeweler greeted Han with a smile and wide open arms Suigetsu had a desire to try out his new weapon. He still had the plain wooden staff Han had given him as well as a desire to use it, but had enough presence of mind not to interfere with Han's investigation.

It was impossible not to torture himself by picturing the man in bed with Han, both moaning in ecstasy. The smitten young man really, really wanted to break something in the store. Han's toothy smile and the flash of what seemed like actual interest in her eyes when she spoke unintentionally stopped Suigetsu's destructive tantrum.
Suddenly teaching Han to deal with people on a social level seemed pointless as long as she had the smile in her arsenal.

"It's a family crest. I could provide a little more information if I had some...persuasion."
Smashing up the store became a tempting option again.

Post by Gia on Mar 14, 2010 22:44:36 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Admin OOC:

Sorry it seems that this has been overlooked. I apologize.

Everyone has two days before this thread will be locked and a new one opened. Either wrap up your RP's or be prepared to jump to a new thread. There will be a link in the main post.

Thank you.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Mar 14, 2010 22:45:02 GMT -6