The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Ba Sing Se V

karanbir
Apr 4, 2007 16:50:57 GMT -6

Post by karanbir on Apr 4, 2007 16:50:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
-Middle Ring-

The young bender had been so shaken up by this strange occurrence that when he had heard Susin's voice he could barely recognize it. In fact he was still hearing that strange voice in his head. It kept telling him that this girl before him was trying to kill him, that she would end up stabbing him in the back, but Karanbir knew that Susin would never do such a thing...

' You need to kill her... You need to kill this whole group before they kill you... Can't you tell that she fears you? That fear will grow into hatred and she WILL kill you...' said the strange voice.... The more and more Karanbir listened to it the more and more unfamiliar Susin's face became. Soon he could barely recognize her, and she had placed her hands on his shoulders and tried to sooth him.

Her gentle movements and soft voice began to restore his state of mind, blocking out the strange whispering voice. She then asked if he knew that she would be there for him.

" Yes i know... Thank you... Susin..." He answered, his mind beginning to once again return to its normal state.

This user is a guest
Last edit by karanbir: Apr 4, 2007 16:51:25 GMT -6
Anonymous
Apr 4, 2007 17:02:14 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 4, 2007 17:02:14 GMT -6

Middle Ring

Susin was still so worried about Karanbir...why was he having such a tough time controlling this behavior? "You sure that you are ok? Maybe you need to lie down or something...you are really worrying me about this...I don't want you to end up doing something that you will highly regret."

Maybe after this is all over I think he should know what this behavior is...this all because of that stupid attack! If that never happened he wouldn't be acting like this...

She then looked at him with that worried look in her eyes as she was trying to think of what any of them could do about this if it got out of control..."Listen if you don't think you can fully get a grip on this maybe you should find out if you got this from one of your parents and see how you are suppose to control it..." She then placed her right hand on his heart and felt the pulsing beating of it...she wished that all of this could stop and they could go back to that calm state in their lives together.
This user is a former member
karanbir
Apr 4, 2007 18:03:09 GMT -6

Post by karanbir on Apr 4, 2007 18:03:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
His once troubled mind now calm and focused on the girl before him. Had he inherited this strange characteristic from his parents? Or was there something else at work here? Well the strange voice was gone for now... Who knew when it would reappear.

At least for now he was with his beloved...and he could simply be with her.

" I think I can control it... As long as I'm with you I think I will be fine..." He said to her, shame filled in his eyes for acting so strangely in front of Susin.

"I'm sorry that I am behaving like this... I really don't know what is going on... But I'm sure i can keep it under control... So there is no need to worry."
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Apr 4, 2007 18:12:55 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 4, 2007 18:12:55 GMT -6

Middle Ring

Susin-ya was still worried about him...She knew that she would have to stay with him to control this whatever it was...she wasn't at all scared about what would happen to her if he lost it but she thought she knew where it might be coming from and thought that it might help "I think you keep losing control when your hurt...I'm not sure...but everytime you seem to start to lose it its from something that has affected you...though I may be fully wrong on this but I just want to make sure you are ok.."

Susin-ya had forgotten about the fact that they were in Ba Sing Se and everything but she was thinking that maybe when they ended up leaving it would calm down. "I think after this we just all need to relax and take it easy after everything that has happened..." she was sure that that could stop this from coming out again if he remained calm..."Well I think that maybe we should go back inside or if you want we can stay out here..."
karanbir
Apr 4, 2007 18:30:38 GMT -6

Post by karanbir on Apr 4, 2007 18:30:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Middle Ring

Karanbir looked down at Susin, who's soft face was looking back up at him, her soothing emerald eyes calming his soul.

" Is it alright if we just stay out here for a little longer?" He asked her in a soft tone of voice. His heart was at a steady and calm pulse, and his face wore a faint smile as he continued to look into Susin's soothing emerald eyes.

The bright sun beat down on his face as he now started to look around at the outside world.

" It sure is a lot different up here in the middle ring... It feels almost as if the third ring doesn't even exist the level of contrast is so great..." He said as he watched people walk by in their nice clean clothes.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Apr 4, 2007 18:38:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 4, 2007 18:38:05 GMT -6

Middle Ring

Susin-ya was happy to see that he was acting like his old self. "You're right it makes it seem as if Ba Sing Se is somewhat of a normal place..." she said as she rested her head on his chest. He seemed to be calming down which brought a smile to her face. It seems he is getting better that's good...

She didn't want to go back inside either. After a while Kymatano could become a pain and Nata-Si who mostly was able to know when she crossed the line did seem to get annyoing also...it seemed that when she was with them her life went so fast but when she was with Karanbir everything seemed so peaceful. She then wrapped her arms around him. She just loved her love. She then said in a whispher "I love you..."
karanbir
Apr 4, 2007 20:04:56 GMT -6

Post by karanbir on Apr 4, 2007 20:04:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Middle Ring

Karanbir felt Susin rest her head upon his chest as she so often did. He smiled as the rest of her body seemed to rest against his as well. She felt warm, a warmth that he had not felt in quite some time. He then wrapped his arms around her small frame and embraced her. He then heard three little words that meant so much in this strange world.

" I love you too..." He said to her in the same whispered tone that she had spoke in. The young bender then rested his head atop hers and simply stood there enjoying the small moment of peace that the two had some how managed to receive. He then wondered what would happen if her father where to see them like this? Would he yell at them or something? Well that didn't matter he was enjoying his time with Susin as she stood in his arms.

" So what are we going to do? Are we just gonna stay here with your father tonight?"
This user is a guest
Last edit by karanbir: Apr 4, 2007 20:08:40 GMT -6
saami
Apr 4, 2007 20:06:06 GMT -6

Post by saami on Apr 4, 2007 20:06:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
*Lower Ring*

The Lower Ring was so busy! Taru knew he should've sneaked into the Middle Ring and found a place to stay. This place was beneath him after all, as were these beggars who crowded the streets. They were all disgraces. Why didn't they get jobs and make themselves productive instead of clinging to his clothes with their dirty hands, begging him for what little money he had brought with him? Taru simply turned his nose up at them and shook them off of him before going on about his business.

Feeling the slight pressure of something bump into him, he whirled around and glared at the person. His face softened for but a moment when he took notice of who had bumped into him. It was a girl...not a beggar...and he was ready to yell and everything. A scowl quickly returned to his face and he glared at the girl. "Watch your step, girl," he snapped. He adjusted his clothing before giving the girl a quick once over. He concluded that she too was beneath him. But he had been alone all morning. So he'd indulge her in a conversation. Just this once. "What is a young lady like you doing in this beggar pit?" he asked in a minor annoyed tone.
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 4, 2007 21:44:30 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 4, 2007 21:44:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kari had been taking a sip of her tea when he asked the question, she nearly choked upon her tea, but swallowed it. 'He.... He wasnts to travel with me?' It's not that she didn't want to travel him, she'd love to but... It would be slightly dangerous. 'More than slightly...' her mind whispered with dread. The girl set her cup of tea down and leaned forward. Her eyes were filled with sadness and regret yet she told him in a hushed voice, "I don't think that'd be safe of you to do...."

Kari looked around the shop and then leaned closer to him, she'd tell him the truth thinking he could be trusted. 'If not, I'll just change my course and put off Goaling. But I really think he can be trusted.' "Ryusei, the Earth Kingdom, and the Fire Nation aren't too fond of me. In specific towns they have wante posters of me. So, if you still want me to travel with you. I will, it sounds like a lot of fun! But the caution is still there." She wished it wasn't. How she dreamed she could be free and then say yes at an instant like her heart wanted to.
This user is a guest
ailin
Apr 4, 2007 22:23:23 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Apr 4, 2007 22:23:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
-Lower Ring-

“Not to worry, boy. You’ll be looking fine in no time,” Fen Wan said, his concentration already on cutting the young man’s hair with surprising grace and dexterity for his bony fingers.

Kaede made the slightest of movement, her attention turning to Daiyu. She had taken a seat next to the earthbender, but still had the underlying current of shifty nervousness. Daiyu knew this. As good as she was at keeping herself calm and collected, the recent series of events had rattled her and the idea of someone being right outside the boarding house ready to haul her off for disturbing the peace (and the myriad of crimes she was wanted for) was just so very unnerving. The young waterbender suspected that Kaede was the only one picking up on this nervousness; she just seemed the type who would.

“Have you really only known him for a few days?” Kaede asked.

Daiyu frowned. “How long have you been following me?”

“Long enough.”

Daiyu grunted in response. The idea that Kaede had been trailing her all this time was annoying and disturbing. If she could be following her for that long without attracting attention who else could be doing it? Kaede was good, yes, but there were people far better than her. Daiyu had pegged herself at being so great at picking out potential threats and people that could trail her. Kaede’s length of surveillance was proof that the waterbender wasn’t as good as she had thought. How humiliating.

“Yes.”

“Yes?” Kaede parroted.

“It’s only been about a day. Don’t ask me how it happened. I don’t know. I was feeling generous, and he was just so…so down on his luck,” Daiyu said.

Kaede’s eyes shifted back to Heika, her voice stayed low. “Wouldn’t peg you one for sympathy, given what people think you’ve done…And what you have done.”

“It ain’t sympathy. I just…I don’t know. He’s been helpful,” Daiyu said. Talking about Heika like this, only a little distance away from him made her uncomfortable. Yes, Feng Wan had launched into a long winded story about what he did with his friend when he was child. It was some rambling tale, the kind that meandered and had many detours before getting to the ultimate point (which usually was forgotten by the end anyway). Still, it was awkward, and Daiyu suspected that Kaede had some sort of angle going on by pursuing the subject.

“What he got is dangerous. Do you know where he’s from?”

“Does it matter? I mean, compared to what his stick can do?” Daiyu asked in return. Her low tone took on a sharp accusing edge.

Kaede nodded once. “Yeah, it does.”

With a slight, but sharp movement the bounty hunter’s head turned towards the door. There was something that she could hear, or know, that Daiyu didn’t. That bothered her in so many ways. She supposed it was because Kaede was an earthbender, and older than her. More years of training, more warnings of when something was going to go wrong.

There was a loud knock on the door.

Something was very much going wrong.

Without saying a word, Daiyu jumped to her feet and ran. She disappeared behind the swinging door to the kitchen. Apparently she was under the assumption that the boarding house had a back door.

Kaede rose to her feet, watching the space the young woman had occupied only a moment before. She was flighty; Kaede had to give her that. Not that anyone could blame the waterbender. If everything she had said was the Spirit’s honest truth, Daiyu had every reason to run from the slightest noise, the littlest of oddities.

Although…her association with this Heika wasn’t very reassuring. No, not in the least. If what Kaede suspected was true, Heika was not someone that any of them should be around. His weapon was dangerous, more dangerous than anything she had ever seen, and if he was Fire Nation…He would need to be stopped. Daiyu may not know his true intentions. How could she, she had only known the boy for a day. They could all be in danger from his intentions and weapon. Kaede got the feeling that Daiyu at least knew where he was from, and she didn’t care.

But she cared about his weapon. That was enough to get things started.

The pounding on the door increased. Feng Wan declared he was finished with Heika’s hair cut only a moment before the knocking became unbearable.

“Hang on, hang on, don’t break the door down. I’m coming,” Feng Wan told the knocking at the door, as if his comments could pacify it.

He opened the door, and was greeted by the sight of two men in black and green robes and large conical hats. Their eyes were shielded from the old man’s view, their hands hidden in the unseen recesses of their sleeves.

Kaede took one look at them and knew they were trouble for Daiyu and Heika and exactly why the waterbender was running. Though she had never seen one in person, Kaede was pretty sure she knew had come knocking.

It was the Dai Li.

-Upper Ring-

“You have no appointment. No appointment, no meeting.”

“But I am the leader of the Kyoshi Warriors! Surely someone would want to see me!”

“I’m sorry, do you have an appointment? No. You don’t. So you are not coming in.”

Suki growled, frustration radiating from her. The first competent soldier she comes across in all of Ba Sing Se and he’s a stickler for some sort of rule that made no sense. How could she get an appointment if she didn’t come to see them? Joo Dee wasn’t going to give her an appointment, the woman in the town hall wasn’t going to give her an appointment. The girl had no choice but to come to the building and demand an audience with someone…almost anyone. Her instincts had served her well, and she had been pleased to find out that the building she’d suspected as being military was.

But being stymied by this stupid man who was giving her a ‘damned if you do, damned if you don’t’ scenario? That was bad in all manner of ways.

“How do you propose I get an appointment?” she asked.

The soldier shrugged a little. “That’s not my job, miss. You’ll have to ask someone else.”

“Could you at least go inside and ask someone if they would see me?”

“And leave my post? Don’t be stupid!” the soldier balked, his eyes almost crossing in his flurry of disbelief.

“Then ask someone else! Please. Tell them my name is Suki, I am the leader of the Kyoshi Warriors and I am staying in a house in the Middle Ring,” she pleaded, doing her best to still come across as strong and commanding.

The soldier sighed, his eyes seemed to uncross. This was good. Suki was making headway. A small smile crept across her face and she did her best to contain it. This was progress. This was good.

The soldier looked down the massive pavilion of the entrance. Very near to the colossal wooden doors stood two soldiers, fully decked out in their uniformed best. The disagreeable soldier put a hand next to his mouth to amplify his voice. “Hey, Ling, go inside and get someone! We have a Kyoshi Warrior that won’t leave till she sees someone!”

Suki’s small smile spread just a little further, though she was unaware of it. Satisfaction fell over her. Yeah, he wasn’t treating her with the respect that she wanted, but that would come soon. He’d probably apologize when it was all over. That was fine. After all, he was just doing his job.

OOC: Sorry Suki’s is so short. Can’t really think of much at the moment. If anyone playing a ranking officer in the Earth Kingdom army wants to talk to Suki, PM me. It would keep me from needing to make another NPC. ;)

Edit: Suki's post was in the wrong ring, my bad.
This user is a guest
Last edit by karanbir: Apr 5, 2007 23:28:17 GMT -6
lin
Apr 5, 2007 3:00:55 GMT -6

Post by lin on Apr 5, 2007 3:00:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Upper Ring

"Breath, Kuai Xin" said the old man, walking around her and correcting her posture. "You're too tense. Even Earthbenders will break their bones if someone hard enough hits you. Relax a little, enough to spread the impact over your whole body."

Ling breathed out a long, deep sigh, hunched her shoulders, and tried again. The rock that Tai Juan had placed in front of her shot up into the air, and the Old Man punched it, sending it flying at her. Ling's feet itched to move, to get away from the ballistic missile, but with an effort of will she managed to stay rooted to the ground. Moving her right hand around and shifting her foot very slightly, she lashed out at the rock.

It exploded in a cloud of shrapnel, some of which slammed into Ling; as the old man had said, however, there was no pain as the impact spread from where it hit on the arm, causing nothing more than a slighty sensation of force over the whole of her body. Tai Juan nodded, once.

"See, girl? That is how it is. Stand rock hard, spread the impact, and you can cope. Power at a point, young lady, power at a point. Remove the point, and there is still power - but it's not directed anymore, it's generalised, spread out. Loose power, easy to absorb. And that is the lesson for today."

Ling saw the sadness in the old man's face, tempered with the tiniest bit of joy. Unable even to acknowlege their relationship, here in Tai Juan's own personal courtyard; but at least her father knew she was here, and knew who she was. The judge was an important figure in the Local Courts, true, but his myriad of servants could be hiding a single Dai Li informat, or a tattle-tale gossip, and that would be enough to drag him down from his honour position.

She bowed to him, as a pupil to her master, because she could not kiss him on the cheek as a daughter to her father. She didn't like things this way either, but it was safer for both of them this way. He was her patron, and nobody could fault Judge Tai Juan for his compassion and generosity to a poor Ba Sing Se street rat; not even the chatty, vindictive 'ladies', who could do so much damage with the right rumour in the right ear, could possibly find a way to bring him down with that.

"Kuai Xin?" Tai Juan said, and Ling heard the slight hoarseness in his voice. "Look out for yourself... out there, you hear me?"

"Yes, sir" she replied, respectful for once. Turning her head, she resisted her initial impulse to leap onto the roof, jump the 7 or 8 loose tiles she could see, and wander off into Upper Ba Sing Se; instead, she slowly walked to the gates, and let herself out.

Outside, she started running. She needed the practise, after standing still for so long, taking direct hits from rocks to her shoulders. Sure, they weren't boulders, but still... her muscles ached as she begun to leap from building to building, heading for the station and the way back to the Pits.

A person caught her eye as she landed on a roof. A girl with orange eyes and peasant clothing? A rarity in these parts of the city... Ling knew another street rat when she saw one. She leaped off the roof and landed, catlike, next to the girl. "Hah, another resident of the Pits' up here?" she said, softly enough to be heard only by the girl. "I'll be damned!".
This user is a guest
roax
Apr 5, 2007 6:01:41 GMT -6

Post by roax on Apr 5, 2007 6:01:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ryusei heard what Kari said, she's wanted, he thought, what could a girl such as her have ever done to be wanted, she hasn't done anything wrong ever since I've met her. Either way, I don't really care, I have my own secret too, it's not like I'm any different. Ryusei smiled and said "I don't care, you're not the only one with a secret such as that, I'll travel with you, wanted or not. And I'll tell you my secret since you were able to tell me yours." Ryusei then looked around and made sure no one was looking and then put his hand over the table once he saw that no one was looking, and snapped his fingers and made a small fire appear above his fingers and stay for a few seconds before making it disappear.

He then said, just to make Kari make feel better, "don't worry about me hurting, you I'm not Fire Nation or anything, I'm Earth Kingdom, it's just my dad's a firebender and I inherited this from him. I'm not going to hurt you I promise, I'm a good firebender, not one of the Fire Nation.
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 5, 2007 9:38:04 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 5, 2007 9:38:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kari stared at the flame until it vanished, the flmae reflected in her eyes and once it was gone she looked up at Ryusei. Something inside her wasn't at all worried, and was only reassured by what he said, 'Kari, he's not going to hurt you. Look at him, he's way to sweet. If he was a bad firebender you wouldn't have been so nice and he wouldn't have been that nice in return. He's nothing like Yon was, completely the oppoiste. Plus, you always thought firebending was sooo cool! He probally has great techniques.' The rain kept hitting the roof, like it was a key to help her think.

Finally a smile spread across her lips. "Okay, I trust you. Besides, this might be fun! Not just that you are a firebender, but that I'm traveling with someone. Thanks."
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Apr 5, 2007 10:28:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 5, 2007 10:28:02 GMT -6

Middle Ring

Susin-ya was so happy to be in Karanbir's arms and to have him in her arms. She thought about what he said she then had to think about it since it seemed that she was wondering too "Well..." she said as she still was speaking in a whispher tone "I think they would want us to stay here which would be fine since we wouldn't have to waste any money but really what ever you want to do is fine with me...." She then went back to enjoying all of this bliss she was having with him.

It was strange to her for it didn't feel like the Ba Sing Se she knew and hated. Being in the middle ring it seemed to be almost normal...but she wasn't thinking about that she was only thinking about the two of them.

Anayaski Lower Ring

When Anaya heard this guy yell at her her fire nation ways seemed to get the better of her when she said "How about you keep going and don't make this a scene!" That is not how I usually talk...all that time in the Fire Nation wasn't good for me...I'm talking like one of them

When he asked her about why she was here she was still snapping at him and said "That isn't any of your business my private matters our mine and mine alone!" Mostly how could she say in the Earth Kingdom Capital that she was Fire Nation by birth and decided to live by the Earth Kingdom ways. She knew she would be attacked if they knew and mostly she didn't want to be seen here or heard...When she did finally calm down she said "You should know that I'm here mostly to see this place I've been through a bit but nothing you could understand."
roax
Apr 5, 2007 14:27:45 GMT -6

Post by roax on Apr 5, 2007 14:27:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ryusei was glad that Kari was okay with him being a firebender, he was actually quite suprised on how well she was taking it. Ryusei smiled, nodded and said "good, and it'll be our secret, because I don't want to hurt you, but I might end up having to if you say anything, but I'm sure you won't."

Ryusei thought of how it would be traveling wiht Kari, he knew it might be a bit awkward, but he knew, somehow, that everything would be okay. "So Kari, how lwong do you plan to stay in Ba-Sing-Se for?" Ryusei asked wondering. I hope it's not long, I've only been here a short while and I already don't like it he thought to himself.
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 5, 2007 16:03:12 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 5, 2007 16:03:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kari smiled and then replied, "I wont hurt you and just to tell you. If you happen to give out something about me, then... Well let's just say you have to be quicker than a pair of flying icicles." She took a sip of tea, with a teasingly smirk. Though she knew she wouldn't hurt him, even if he told her exactly where she was and every other secret. 'Well.... I should be able to! But... I probally couldn't.'

The girl took several bites of rice and then a sip of tea as she listened to his question and thought it over. "Well," she said with a smile, "I might just stay here for a day or two then move out. What do you say to that? We can leave sooner or later if you wish though, Ryusei." A flash of lightning struck outside and lit up the shop, a scream released from a little girl, but she was drowned out by the happy people of Ba Sing Se. 'They are sorta creepy. Always so happy and peaceful. How come no one gets into trouble here?'
This user is a guest
roax
Apr 5, 2007 16:09:28 GMT -6

Post by roax on Apr 5, 2007 16:09:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ryusei smiled when he heard Kari say she would attack him if he told her secrets. "There's no worries then Kari" Ryusei said, "I couldn't rat on you, I don't know why I can't but either way, I wouldn't if I had the chance. I don't even see why people are after you, you are so nice and all." Well there is more to her than her just being nice, and that may be why I can't rat her out Ryusei thought to himself smiling.

Ryusei toke another sip out of his tea as he continued to listen to Kari, I guess I could deal with it for a couple of days, but I still have the issue of having no where to stay Ryusei thought. "That's fine with me," Rysei said, "the only problem I have is that I have no where to stay, would you happen to know anywhere I could stay, and do you even have a room, becuase if you do, it would be best for me to rent one at the same place your staying at so it's easier to find each other again tommorrow?"
This user is a guest
Last edit by karanbir: Apr 5, 2007 16:58:41 GMT -6
Anonymous
Apr 5, 2007 16:48:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 5, 2007 16:48:29 GMT -6

*Inner Wall*

Gokko landed on the wall. Joychi dismounted him and felt quite rested, eve though he hadn't slept at all during thse three minutes of flight. "It must have beenbecause of the speed. Thanks, Gokko." Gokko nodded and then lay on the ground (like a bird would). "Once again, I'm left here, with nothing to do..." Joychi sighed. Then he thought about training. He stuck his polearm in the ground and went sixty feet away from it. "Training, par tnumber one: aiming" He took an Earhbending stance. He kept his eyes on the target. Then he slammed the floor with his right hand, and simultaneously made a tour on himself, keeping his hand on the ground, to kick the rock he had just levitated. The rock hit the polearm on its blade. "Target hit !" He took another Earthbending stance and kept his eyes on the target. "Training, part number two: shooting rate." He stomped the ground, punched the rock, then slammed the ground and kicked the rock, then jumped hard on the ground, and jumped again to shoot the rock with his feet, then slammed the ground as he fell to levitate two rocks in his hands, he stood straight and launched the rocks. They all hit the target at the rate he gave them. "I'll have to train with that one..." He then realized a message was next to him. "This is a weird day, but not like I thought it would be..."

He read the message; apparently, the Colonel wanted him to go to the South coast for a random control. "This day is full of messages. But at least I'm leaving. Not for long, though... First, I'm going to eat something." He looked at Gokko who had fallen asleep, but was covered in dust because of the rocks Joychi had launched. Joychi stomped the ground to make his polearm slide at him and put it on his back. Then he put the message in his pocket and jumped down the wall. He wasn't far from the Train Station, for once. He took the train and went towards the Middle Ring. "I'm going to eat a lot of roasted chicken and noodles before leaving. Gokko will certainly agree to come, him who wanted to leave so much." He looked at the crowd in the train. There were actually a lot of soldiers. 'They are going to the Upper Ring for reports, I bet. That or they're going to the restaurants as well, for lunch.'

Once the Train reached the station, Joychi got out and entered the first restaurant he found. Then he realized he wasn't so hungry, afterall. He just ordered a bowl of noodles and ate it quickly. 'I'm off to the South coast, now. I don't remember how it is, it's been a long time since last time I was there... I don't even remember if I have ever been there. Oh, yeah. I've been there: last time, when I made my tour of the Earth Kingdom. It was interesting... Then I'll go to the Quarry Campsite again This place was full of moose lions. Gokko will like to be there. Maybe after that I can go and see Lina on Kyoshi Island... Will be difficult.' Joychi sighed andclosed his eyes. "Anyway, Gokko and I will be travelling again, thats all that counts..." Joychi muttered to himself "Travelling..." He took the message and read it again. 'That didn't say I have to go... Oh, yes it does. I have to go as soon as possible.'
liobit
Apr 5, 2007 18:04:33 GMT -6

Post by liobit on Apr 5, 2007 18:04:33 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Upper Ring

It only took an instant for the girl to spin around and face Ling at the same time as her earthy orange eyes swiftly scanned her surroundings for possible escape routes. Suzuran wore no expression; she hadn’t been surprised. Her heart was thumping to a quicker beat as adrenaline slipped into her bloodstream, and she was ready to fly. But there was no fear in her gaze, nor was there any pooling into the pit of her stomach as she finally locked eyes with the earthbender. She was in control. Always.

As Ling’s words seeped into her mind the next instant, she blinked. A resident of the Pits? Suzuran let a crafty smile play upon her lips. This girl didn’t look dangerous, but risks didn’t have to be taken either. “My first time in the Upper Ring, actually.” It was an attempt to be friendly, and at the same time convey the unspoken message that she knew exactly what kind of illegal activity she was up to and knew precisely what she was doing, even among the nobles of Ba Sing Se. A closer look at Ling’s clothes revealed that she looked as though she belonged in the Lower Ring. Then again, so did Suzuran. “So, what brings you to the inner circle reserved for the rich and the royal?”

Gears were slowly turning inside her mind as she considered what percentage of truthful information about herself she would give if asked. Perhaps that she was looking for a building that looked as though it held those with information concerning the war? Or did this street rat buy into the lie that there was no war in Ba Sing Se?

Suki crossed her mind suddenly. Suzuran was confident that the two would encounter each other again, whether it be back at the house in the Middle Ring or by stumbling into each other this night in the Upper Ring. Either way, she herself was still trying to find some military-esque building. Perhaps this cat-like girl knew of one?
This user is a guest
Last edit by karanbir: Apr 5, 2007 18:05:30 GMT -6
karanbir
Apr 5, 2007 19:12:53 GMT -6

Post by karanbir on Apr 5, 2007 19:12:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Lower Ring
Heika closed his eyes protecting the two specs of gold which where found in them from being harmed by the falling pieces of long black hair. He simply sat there in his chair calmly as the old man went to work on his long hair.

As he sat there with his two eyes shut he heard Daiyu and Kaede conversing. But the snipping and snapping sounds that the pair of scissor created did not let the young man's ears pick up on their conversation. He was how ever able to hear when Daiyu scurried away to another room. Their had been only one set of foot steps, so that meant Kaede was still in the room. Something had spooked Daiyu away... but what? What could make her want to leave the room?

The young man opened his right eye just enough to see around the room, he spotted Kaede but not Daiyu, and just then a knock was had been produced at the door causing Feng Wan to cease his actions and walk over to answer it. Heika knew what would probably be on the other side of that door.

Before the door had managed to open Heika closed his eyes he knew that their golden color would be a hint of his fire nation origins. He then realized that Kaede would probably pick up on that sooner or later... With that being established in his mind, the young man gave a deep sigh... What if she turned him in for some money? He had no leverage for her as he did with Daiyu... This would prove to be quite troublesome, but for now his main worry where the Dai Lee agents who where without a doubt now staring into the boarding house looking around for anything... Suspicious.

The man under neath the conical hat wore a cold and emotionless face as his eyes scanned the inside of the old boarding house. Its poor structure and dust filled condition was a common sight on his many patrols. His attention then returned to the old man before him. He looked into his eyes, their glow of youth for some odd reason still present.

" We have reason to believe that the people who caused the earlier commotion are around this area, and we are now searching every house in the vicinity for people who match the descriptions given for culprits...." The Dai Lee agent stated before motioning his head forward to his partner, giving him the go ahead to search the house.

Heika was listening in as the agent spoke to Feng Wan...He was wearing a rag around his face... and most of his once long hair was now trimmed... The odds of them thinking he was one of the culprits was slim... But still possible... They would probably notice Kaede... But she was a bounty hunter... If taken in would she rat him out? She had some agreement with Daiyu who had fled... so she would probably not say anything to her... But he was seriously worried about what she would do to him... His heart was now racing as the Dai Lee walked about the house.

-Middle Ring-

Karanbir looked back at the fairly large house... He guessed it wouldn't be to bad spending the night there... He then turned his attention back to Susin.

" I guess it would be alright if we just spend the nigh here..." He said in a soft voice. He then looked down at her and gave her a big cheesy smile.

" Hehe you look so pretty..." He told her that large smile still on his face. He then placed a small kiss on her cheek and then rubbed his cheek against hers.

" I looove you" He said in a silly tone of voice in order to lighten the mood.
This user is a guest
Last edit by karanbir: Apr 5, 2007 19:13:47 GMT -6