The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Ba Sing Se V

lin
Apr 5, 2007 21:19:26 GMT -6

Post by lin on Apr 5, 2007 21:19:26 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Upper Ring

The girl turned, quickly, startled yet not startled. Ling could see the muscles contract, tense up for a fraction of a second - she should know, Father had been pointing out every time she had done that for the last two hours or so - and then the girl's brain took over from instinct, and her body broadcasted the message: intent.

Control rippled like a wave over Orange-eyes, and a small smile appeared on her face. "My first time in the Upper Ring, actually" the girl said, unspoken statements hanging in the air. "What brings you to the inner circle reserved for the rich and royalty?"

"The thrill, mainly" said Ling nonchanlantly, seeing no need to reveal everything about herself right off the bat. This girl looked streetwise, of smaller stature than herself, dressed in peasant clothing and long pants. She wasn't carrying any visible weapons, but then again neither was Ling, so she stood wary. But they were two outsiders in a ring full of rich idiots...

"Hey! You two! Do you have permits to be up here!?"

...and guards. A mere second to scream "Try and keep up!" at her Orange-Eyed companion, and Ling was off, leaving a cloud of dust in her wake.
This user is a guest
Last edit by lin: Apr 5, 2007 21:20:39 GMT -6
liobit
Apr 5, 2007 22:18:36 GMT -6

Post by liobit on Apr 5, 2007 22:18:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Upper Ring

It took barely a second for Suzuran to decide to follow Ling. She hadn’t anything to lose, and running away was usually her own choice of action after all. Besides, her curiosity had been prodded into wakefulness now. Unanswered questions rustled in her mind as she slowly realized that she couldn’t keep up with Ling. Jeeze, this girl was fast! Suzuran pulled on another burst of speed and kept the other girl in sight, letting the adrenaline flow freely now to give her the strength and energy she needed to keep up the pace. If and when her legs started to ache and her body grew fatigued, she knew that her body could handle it if she pushed even further. If Suzuran could to anything, it was endure and keep controlled.

A wisp of a thought suddenly fluttered into life in her mind: was that soldier a Dai Li agent? If he was, they would have to do far more than run to keep from being apprehended. But by the way he had approached her and the other peasant, she doubted it. But even if he was just an average soldier, it was still harder to hide in the Upper Ring two girls in clothing belonging to those in the Lowing Ring. On the other hand, being captured by regular soldiers instead of the Dai Li might not be such a bad thing; it might be her chance to find information on the war.

Somehow still being able to make out Ling through her dust trail, Suzuran decided she was better off out of the law’s custody for now.
This user is a guest
lin
Apr 5, 2007 22:41:27 GMT -6

Post by lin on Apr 5, 2007 22:41:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Upper Ring

Ling noted with a little satisfaction that Orange-eyes couldn't keep up with her, and she hadn't even started with the whole leaping-from-rooftop-to-rooftop thing. She was just running, through the Upper Ring of Ba Sing Se, and it was much less challenging than the Lower Ring; there was barely anybody around, no vendors, no crowd. With a bit of regret she slowed down to match her companion, running easily alongside her; no way that plodding guard to the rich could catch them, and he hadn't the distinctive air of a Dai Li in any case.

Who was this orange-eyed girl, Ling wondered, and what the heck was she doing up here? The wind streamed through her hair as they ran through the deserted streets, the shouts of the guard long faded in the distance. Orange-eyes wasn't exactly winded, but she wasn't fresh like Ling was either, so Ling judged it best to find somewhere to talk without more distractions.

A shadowed alcove jumped out at Ling, and she took the opportunity. Reaching out a hand, she grabbed one of Orange-eye's hands, used her other hand to grab the wooden side-beam of a pillar, and swung around into the shadows. Sliding to a stop, Ling took a single, deep breath, and turned to face Orange-eyes.

"I'm Ling Kuai Xin," she said, sticking out a hand and grinning. "Nice to meetcha!"
This user is a guest
liobit
Apr 5, 2007 23:13:01 GMT -6

Post by liobit on Apr 5, 2007 23:13:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Upper Ring

Suzuran had to admit that she was caught by surprise when the other girl swung her into a random patch of darkness, but as she fought calm her heart back into its normal rate, she was glad the runner had. It took her three panting breaths to get her breathing back to normal, but she could still feel her heart pounding in her chest. She should seriously run more often.

The earth-orange eyed girl’s lips melted into a small smile as she took Ling’s hand and shook it. “Suzuran, and likewise.” She paused to glance back out toward the street out of paranoia. “I take it you get people chasing you like that a lot, huh?” Which was good, she supposed. At least they were both used to evading the law one way or another. The young firebender was beginning to relax, now that she was safely hidden in the shadows. Despite the darkness usually being the opposite of a comfort for a firebender, Suzuran recognized that the shadows of Ba Sing Se were where the most secret of secrets were kept, and where she would always hide to keep away from those who would inhibit her snooping.

She didn’t bother to ask what Ling had been doing. It didn’t really matter to her if it didn’t have anything to do with her search for war info, and since anyone who didn’t look rich or royal could easily be taken by the soldiers in the Upper Ring. But either way, she wasn’t sure how she could bring up the war. Had Ling been brainwashed by the Dai Li? That was rather unlikely, but with Suzuran’s personal experience with the secret forces of the city, she didn’t rule out the possibility. Had this girl been in Ba Sing Se long enough that she didn’t know anything about the war? Or had she adopted the policy of not talking about it?
This user is a guest
lin
Apr 5, 2007 23:43:36 GMT -6

Post by lin on Apr 5, 2007 23:43:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Upper Ring

"Hah!" said Ling, watching Orange-eyes - Suzuran, she'd said, but Orange-eyes was so much easier to remember - watching her look around out of paranoia. Definently not one to work by ear or by vibrations in the earth. Her clothes blended in, her attitude blended in, but in terms of sheer guile and street-smarts this earthy orange-eyed girl was a mere novice. "It's not the escaping that counts, it's the speed. I'm pumped!"

Producing two apples from a hidden pocket in her sleeve, Ling offered one to Suzuran as she bit down on the other. "So, like I said before: what's this girl like myself -" gesturing at Suzuran with one apple-filled hand - "doin' in this lair of the gentry, eh? No point stealin' up here, if that's what you're gonna be doin' - Dai Li and guards everywhere, girl, and even if you manage to get your hands on something there's nowhere you're gonna be able to fence it."

Ling didn't mind the distraction for the night. It wasn't like she had anything planned tonight after her lesson with dad, and it might be interesting. If anything else, it'd be great to get to know someone else her age. Man, Chi Tong would flip. Where was the old bodyguard, anyway?
This user is a guest
liobit
Apr 6, 2007 0:05:14 GMT -6

Post by liobit on Apr 6, 2007 0:05:14 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Upper Ring

Suzuran took the apple hesitantly—it had been a while since she’d last eaten, but hunger never really got to her. She more or less ate only for the knowledge that doing so would keep up her strength. Taking a bite of the apple and taking a moment to think, she considered her new companion, or sorts. Ling was confidant and calm, which probably meant she had little or nothing to lose by breaking laws. It might also be a good guess that she was an earthbender. Well, Suzuran would rather not end up losing her life or freedom because of a wrong guess, so she may as well just assume that the girl could earthbend. Trust her? Sure, as far as that went. One peasant leading another to the slaughter was laughable. “I don’t steal for money,” she replied after swallowing. Talking with your mouth not full of apple? Yeah, that’s called manners, and this firebending street rat actually used some. Surprise, surprise. Of course, she couldn’t care less whether or not other people had manners; she spent most of her time in the Lower Ring after all. “I’m actually in the Upper Ring to snoop out information on the war that’s going on outside these walls.” Her eyes riveted on Ling’s. “You do know about the war right?”

Alright, so far it was the truth she was spilling out. Aside from the whole being a firebender part. That might unnerve some potential friends, such as Ling. Question was, would this Ling Kuai Xin know of a good place to start snooping? Even if she didn’t, Suzuran kinda owed her for getting her away from that soldier. Sort of. She probably could have gotten hidden on her own, but still.
This user is a guest
lin
Apr 6, 2007 1:13:19 GMT -6

Post by lin on Apr 6, 2007 1:13:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Upper Ring

"You do know about the war, right?" she asked, her eyes fixed on Ling's. Ling's eyes widened in shock. "The war?" she said, Tai Juan's words racing through her head. Only once had the old man even mentioned a war; a lesson months ago, when all the servants were coincidentally not around at one time.

"There is no war in Ba Sing Se?" he had said. "The Dai Li lie. The war is all around us, daughter, and yet our populace is blind to it. And the populace is blind to it because the Dai Li reject it; and the word of the Dai Li is better than law, is it not? Bah. Do you know why your mother died, Kuai Xin? She dared to speak of the war, to tell others. A single person, she told, and the next day -"

"The war..." Ling said. She'd never met another person who had mentioned a war. So if this girl knew, too, then... who else knew? Chi Tong refused to even talk to her the one time she had dared mention the war to his stern face, and asking questions in Ba Sing Se could lead straight to the Dai Li. This girl wasn't a Dai Li plant, no... she hadn't the earthbending skill, but... an informant? No... Ling couldn't see that. And a street rat, of course. Street rats stick together...

"I know... of the war" Ling said carefully. "But I don't know the war. Who are we fighting? I know the Fire Nation wiped out the Air Nomads 100 years ago, but... that is no business of the Earth Kingdom, is it?"

She'd never trusted the government, of course - the law wasn't always on her side, despite her father's position - but... to hide a full-scale war from its own people? How could the Earth King do such a thing? Ling's mind swam in confusion, but she tried to focus on Orange-eyes.

A war in Ba Sing Se...
This user is a guest
Last edit by lin: Apr 7, 2007 21:09:14 GMT -6
dereni
Apr 6, 2007 8:46:34 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 6, 2007 8:46:34 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
roax said:
Ryusei smiled when he heard Kari say she would attack him if he told her secrets. "There's no worries then Kari" Ryusei said, "I couldn't rat on you, I don't know why I can't but either way, I wouldn't if I had the chance. I don't even see why people are after you, you are so nice and all." Well there is more to her than her just being nice, and that may be why I can't rat her out Ryusei thought to himself smiling.

Ryusei toke another sip out of his tea as he continued to listen to Kari, I guess I could deal with it for a couple of days, but I still have the issue of having no where to stay Ryusei thought. "That's fine with me," Rysei said, "the only problem I have is that I have no where to stay, would you happen to know anywhere I could stay, and do you even have a room, becuase if you do, it would be best for me to rent one at the same place your staying at so it's easier to find each other again tommorrow?"

Kari gave a small smile and then a quick blush. "I'm not as nice as I seem all the time." She took another sip of her tea, her mouth heating up with the warmth of the tea. Kari couldn't help but say after she swallowed, "Well, I don't think I could hurt you either. Plus, I wouldn't rat on you either." 'I trust him... And he trusts me... Wow, it's been a while since I've had anyone to trust besides the other bandits.'

The girl bit her lip and listened to the problem. She let a moment of silence come upon her. "We could rent a place out, there has to be somewhere for us to stay. After all, it is Ba Sing Se." She gave a large smile with bright pink cheeks.
This user is a guest
roax
Apr 6, 2007 8:58:08 GMT -6

Post by roax on Apr 6, 2007 8:58:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Well so far" Ryusei said smiling, "you've only been nice, so I don't think I can believe that just yet." When Ryusei saw Kari blush he knew it was from him calling her nice and that's it. "Thanks" Ryusei said, "as I said I won't rat, I would ahte myself too much for letting someone as nice and as pretty as you be captured or arrested." Ryusei toke a nother sip of tea, and then swalloed it very hardly just realzing what he had just said. Hopefully she didn't hear that he thought.

"That would be a good idea" Ryusei said, hoping that Kari would not notice what he had said, "you're right it is Ba-Sing-Se, they have to have something open. But really I would just rather stay at an inn, more room and stuff, and getting a room at an inn would probably be cheaper than renting out a place." There should be somewhere to stay around here Ryusei thought hoping they could find somewhere to stay.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Apr 6, 2007 11:57:07 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 6, 2007 11:57:07 GMT -6

Middle Ring

Susin-ya started laughing when Karanbir was talking to her. "What are you talking about? I don't look any different then I do every other day..." She still was laughing for he was acting was silly to her and she thought that mostly he was playing with her.

She then moved her left hand from behind his back to the side of his face as rubbed her cheek against his and said "I love you too..." She still was laughing but just barely as it was dieing down and soon stopped. She just loved being with Karanbir and she also was so happy with him. Now that she had told her father about Kunana's death and all she could really put that at the back of her mind and not be so upset and just be happy and in love with the only person she loved in the whole world.
This user is a former member
dereni
Apr 6, 2007 16:43:11 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 6, 2007 16:43:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kari had bright pink cheeks, she could easily feel the feat coming from them. Her head looked away, trying to hide it. 'Did he just call me nice and pretty....?' A smile came across her lips and she turned back to Ryusei, then looked at her food. The girl prepared to eat, but said, "You're the first firebender that's sweet.... And cute that I've met." A warm sense came upon her as if flame ignited inside her. Something was looking forward to traveling with Ryusei, more than she thought she did.

"An Inn would be better. Youre right." She looked up at Ryusei and took a small bit of her rice, that was the last bite and she pushed the plate away from her lightly then took a sip of the warm and delicious tea. Th girl rested her hands upon the table and still was blushing with a smile.
This user is a guest
karanbir
Apr 7, 2007 1:28:28 GMT -6

Post by karanbir on Apr 7, 2007 1:28:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Middle Ring

Karanbir smiled as Susin returned his playful affection and rubbed her cheek against his. He couldn't help but laugh a bit as she did that. He then gave her a small squeeze and lifted her slightly off the ground.

" Well now haven't you gotten playful?" He asked her with a smile on his face. His attention then turned to the horiozen... It was that time of day when the Sky's changed from that clear blue, into that orange glow, filled with golden clouds. For some reason the young earth bender always did enjoy to watch as the bright sun set behind the world. The white walls of the middle ring home's turned to hundreds of shades of reds, oranges, and yellows... it was as if the entire middle ring was glowing.

" Wow..." was the only word that escaped the boys mouth as he watched on in aw.

" Isn't that great Susin?" He asked her as his attention was still focused on the glowing buildings. His arms still wrapped around her as he looked on.
This user is a guest
roax
Apr 7, 2007 5:45:45 GMT -6

Post by roax on Apr 7, 2007 5:45:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ryusei smiled when he heard Kari reply. So she did hear it he thought, no longer regreting what he had said. Well apparently she's fine with it, so everythings fine. "Thank you" Ryusei said, "it's nice to have someone as beautiful as you call someone such as me cute."

Ryusei looked at the table for a second, and quietly finished his tea. "Yeah, and we should be leaving soon, is starting to get late," he said looking outside. He could tell it was getting late, even with the rain. He quickly got up and put money on the table to pay for the food and tea, Kari and he both had gotten and a bit more for a tip. He walked over to Kari and strechted out his arm to help her up and said "let's go."
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Apr 7, 2007 10:24:17 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 7, 2007 10:24:17 GMT -6

Middle Ring

When Karanbir lifted Susin off of the ground she wrapped her arms around his neck to keep herself from getting dropped. She was laughing just a little when she was lifted off of the ground. They both seemed to be having some fun which was rarely seen these days.

When she heard him ask her about what he saw she first turned her head to see what he was looking at and then noticed what it was that he was looking at. She then whisphered in his left ear "Yes my love it is wonderful...especailly when I'm with you..." She then smiled and kissed his left cheek as she sighed. She loved being with him so much and even now as the sun was starting to set it just made everything seem wonderful.
karanbir
Apr 7, 2007 11:00:54 GMT -6

Post by karanbir on Apr 7, 2007 11:00:54 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Middle Ring

Karanbir looked down at Susin, her face like everything else that was kissed by the sun's light seemed to have a strange golden glow. Karanbir smiled warmly as he seemed captivated by her appearance. But the golden glow began to grow more and more faint as the sun continued to fall behind the horizon.

" Hmm maybe we should head back inside now? I don't want your friends and family getting the wrong idea about us..." He said.

"But before we are inside!" He exclaimed as he moved in front of her. His arms grabbed her by the waist and pulled her up closer to his face. Then he lowered his head and placed a firm kiss on her lips. He had not kissed her in such a manner for quite some time now... in fact his lips had almost forgotten the sensation which they received when pressed against those of Susin...Then he parted from her and smiled.

"Well i think we should go inside now!" He said with a smile on his face... He was trying to tease her but she would probably just agree and head on inside.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Apr 7, 2007 11:16:24 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 7, 2007 11:16:24 GMT -6

Middle Ring

Susin-ya agreed with him about going back inside sort of...part of her didn't want to because then Kymatano and Nata-Si would both want to just talk to her which she didn't want to do right now. Besides she hadn't gotten a full reaction from her father about the manner but she wasn't worrying about that either.

When he kissed her she was a little taken by surpise but just wanted to enjoy it just like always. When he then stopped and said that they should go inside now she grabbed his hand and said "But I wasn't done yet..." she said playfully as she then kissed his lips again. She wouldn't mind staying spending just a little more time kissing him and she knew that they hadn't kissed like this in forever since all of those horrible events that had taken place. She wanted to earse those and just have this one as her memory...kissing the only one that really mattered in her life.
saami
Apr 7, 2007 15:27:37 GMT -6

Post by saami on Apr 7, 2007 15:27:37 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
*Lower Ring*

The waterbender seemed unphased by the fact that the girl had reacted the way she did. Her attitude was of no concern to him. He simply rolled his eyes and listened to her rant on. Taru's face did little to hide his indifferent attitude to her snappy responses. He tapped his foot against the ground before looking up at her and asking, "Are you done? I was merely..." Apparently the girl was not done speaking. She prattled on about nothing important and Taru sighed.

He crossed his arms. Apparently she had been through something and thought he couldn't understand. I bet she hasn't betrayed her entire family and village to the Fire Nation... he thought with a low smirk. "We all have problems girl. You are not the only one in the world with problems. And it is no excuse for being rude. But, I suppose it won't do any good to pursue that conversation with you since it seems you are unwilling to speak with strangers. How's a proper introduction then? I am Taru and you are?"
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 7, 2007 15:30:47 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 7, 2007 15:30:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kari stiffened as her face turned a bright pink. She looked at Ryusei and she lightly took his hand. The girl stood up then gave him a warm smile. "I think youre blind.... But for a blind guy, youre really handsome. And cute." Something inside of her took ahold and she gave him a quick hug. After she realized she did she bit her lip and gave a weak chuckle. Her gloved hand went to the back of her head and lightly rubbed it, in embarrasment.

Her hand slipped down thinking, 'Maybe he thought nothing of it.' She glanced at the money then counted how much there were and had a small idea forming. "You shouldn't have paid, Ryusei. Here." She handed over how much money there was on the table then put her hands behind her back and started walking backwards towards the door so hee couldn't hand it back. Kari opened the door and rain poured down, lightining flashed then a small rumble of thunder came. "Would you like me to bend it out of the way? Or just run through it?"
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Apr 7, 2007 15:33:12 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 7, 2007 15:33:12 GMT -6

Lower Ring

Anayaski just folded her arms and turned her head away from him and closed her eyes and said in that same tone "I'm Anayaski...and you should know better then to talk to girl like that!"

Anaya wasn't even thinking anymore about what she doing. Mostly she was getting mad at herself for being Fire Nation in the first place and never knowing her own family history. She knew she was making a scene and stopped her attitude. She unfolded her arms but she still had a ticked off look on her face but she wasn't that mad at him she was mostly mad at herself and her alone.

You are trying to not be noticed you are trying to be apart of the Earth Kingdom and you are doing such a good job of that! she said to herself sarcastically. "Listen I don't talk like that I'm just really angry with my parents that's all..."
karanbir
Apr 7, 2007 18:59:56 GMT -6

Post by karanbir on Apr 7, 2007 18:59:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Middle Ring

Karanbir was surprised that she had returned his kiss. He gladly continued kissing her as they stood outside the small house and the sun was now gone. The stars filled the sky as the two held each other.

Once their little kiss was over Karanbir smiled down at Susin and then looked over at the house.

"Well i guess we should go inside now ?" He asked her with a smile still on his face. He then made his way into the house holding Susin's small hand as he entered the house.

3 Years later...

A young man walked down the street in the direction of Susin's house, dressed in a green vest, with a white under shirt, and a pair of brown pants... He reached the door to the house and knocked on the front door and waited for some one to answer. The sun beating down on his face. At his side two short swords that had been tested time and time again.

The man at the door yawned and stretched out his two large arms as he waited for some one to answer the door. He looked around and spotted a small bug crawling up the wall... He raised his hand and picked it off the wall, and then tossed it to the floor...

" Did they leave or something?" He asked himself as he continued to wait outside the door.
This user is a guest