The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Ba Sing Se VI

Anonymous
Oct 20, 2011 22:31:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 20, 2011 22:31:29 GMT -6

To his credit, Lee did not startle when the bowl burst into flames. He took note of it, however, and seemed a bit relieved when Azei threw it into the wash water. In the stretch of silence that followed, he started to wonder if he had really made a very big mistake.

But, well? He had to say it, didn't he? Lee Kaneda was not the kind of person who went around being terribly dishonest. Especially not if he cared about the person he was talking to. He'd been feeling like his lover was hiding things from him for a while. They still hadn't talked about that girl in New Ozai, at the Healer's. At least under the Army, he hadn't had a right to question Azei — but now that that didn't matter any more, he was going to take advantage of their more equal status.

All of these thoughts were coming together to form a little emotional battle in Lee's eyes. He felt justified, but guilty. Angry, but apologetic.

When Azei's words came out with a tremble, Lee softened. His hair slid along neck, falling over his shoulder, as he brought a hand up to Azei's face just before the man kissed him. Leaning against the sink, he pulled the other man closer, fingers sliding up to his hair. Azei's hands were on his back and Lee pressed them closer together before breaking their kisses to breathe. "You can tell me things," Lee said, voice rough, "that will worry me. I'm a good supporting worrier." He smiled softly, letting his forehead rest against his lover's.

As for people coming after them, well, he could live with that. They could hide. The Earth Kingdom was huge, and the Fire Nation wasn't that small, either. But — "If we're basically living together now, I think we'll have to learn to share." It was obvious what he meant. They needed to communicate more. If they were going to be on the run, they'd really have to start communicating more. Better. Lee stroked his thumb across Azei's cheek. "When do you want to leave, then?"
This user is a former member
kaitokatashi
Oct 25, 2011 15:51:17 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Oct 25, 2011 15:51:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
You can tell me things.

For the first time in his life, the (relatively) young Captain had someone else to answer to besides his superiors in the Army. Given the nature of their relationship prior to becoming involved, it made his stomach uneasy at the thought of having to share things he wouldn't normally have with Lee; then again, that was how relationships worked, wasn't it? Hadn't he and Akane shared their feelings, secrets, and other things that nobody else would have known otherwise? It had been so long since he'd last been involved with someone like that that it was hard to get back into those patterns of behavior, but he'd have to adjust at the risk of losing his lover.

"I...I'm just not used to sharing. People in the Army don't usually care how you're feeling unless it's affecting your job." He let out a sigh and took comfort in the contact of their foreheads, even more when Lee touched his face. "I want to leave tomorrow morning. We can wake up with the sun and head to the docks outside Ba Sing Se. I'm sure we'll be able to get a boat to Ember Island." Truth be told, he wasn't sure anyone who was native to the Earth Kingdom would help them out like that, especially if one of those people discovered that they were part of the Fire Nation. Although it was easy to hide who they were, anyone who had above normal intelligence might be able to pick up on the subtle clues that gave their heritage away, which meant that they'd have to be careful about who they talked to and what they divulged. One thing hadn't changed in wartime was people's propensity to be swayed by money, and he had enough on him (he was sure) to assuage most people's curiosity about things they shouldn't know about.

He let out another sigh. "I...can we just lie down?" The stress of the day was getting to him, but hoepfully, things would get better. They had to, now that they were out of the Army...right?
This user is a guest