The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Kyoshi Island II

karl
Mar 31, 2007 11:26:54 GMT -6

Post by karl on Mar 31, 2007 11:26:54 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"That's bold talk from someone who has never fought the serpent. Killing it would probably about as hard as killing the fire-lord himself." Kasai smiled at the thought of the powerful fire'bender charring to death on his own fires. "Not to say that it is unavoidably dangerous."

Kasai's sword had faded completely to its customary gray, and his eyes had cleared to their light brown. The girl, or young woman, he saw in front of him looked extremely competent, and he could easily believe that they were so much alike in their wonton desctruction.
This user is a guest
dereni
Mar 31, 2007 14:55:02 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Mar 31, 2007 14:55:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Itokia gave a smirk then turned on her heel and told him, "The Fire Lord is wek, he hads guards to protect him which proves it." The woman lifted her chin and started stalking away, "I'll be training out in the forest, come by if you need something." Her footprints were marked in th ground, which she preferred so if anyone followed, she could kill them.

'So that's the Fire Butcher? I hope he isn"t stupid enough to try to attack me. Though, I bet he's not, after all. You have to be smart to know how to correctly make someone suffer in pain and agony. '
This user is a guest
karl
Mar 31, 2007 15:06:07 GMT -6

Post by karl on Mar 31, 2007 15:06:07 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Training with what, a tree?" asked Kasai after her. She didn't turn, so he shook his head and surveyed the town. The houses were all made of bone dry wood, and there was not rain in the sky. Perhaps he ought to burn them? Yes, that would do nicely.

With a casual stride despite his size, he approached the nearest house. Flames began to lick the sword and it grew red hot. With one slash, it began to burn, quickly and cracklingly. Within minutes it had burned to the ground. No one had been hiding in it, probably because that was from whence the girl whom had been yelling earlier had came.
This user is a guest
dereni
Mar 31, 2007 15:13:46 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Mar 31, 2007 15:13:46 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
As Itokia walked she heard the flames, and saw the smoke. A proud smile came to her face, knowing who that came from. Deeper she moved through the forest and finally a clearing came. The girl stopped to fiind erself in a clearing with dense trees circling her. 'This'll do perfectly.' her mind assured.

The earthbender tapped her foot against the ground and then her swords came to her hands. She slipped off the bag and tossed it aside then readied a fighting stance against a tree. Her swords slashed out and attacked the tree in a rapid speed, bark flew everywhere as she scuplted it. She kept thinking about the Fire Butcher and who he really was, he never mentioned it.
This user is a guest
karl
Mar 31, 2007 15:32:00 GMT -6

Post by karl on Mar 31, 2007 15:32:00 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
A woman, gray of hair yet free of wrinkles, entered the clearing, and saw the towering figure before her. She did not cringe, though she recognized the face. She did not disrupt the murderess' concentration by speaking, only continued by her. Something about the movements of the swords and the fact that this was an enemy of the state brought to mind the rumor she had heard, even in her reclusive state. Her son, marked, eternally a traitor and sent on an impossible quest. He wouldn't be as old as this girl, but the determination in this girl's face mirrored his.
This user is a guest
Last edit by karl: Mar 31, 2007 15:45:02 GMT -6
dereni
Mar 31, 2007 15:37:20 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Mar 31, 2007 15:37:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Itokia had felt the vibrations through the ground and then on the next attack to the tree turned her body and twirled her swords, the tips pointed at her neck and a large wall blocked off the passage ways. "Who are you?" Itokia would kill the woman but wished to know why this woman had been watching, and even daring to come close to her.
This user is a guest
karl
Mar 31, 2007 15:44:36 GMT -6

Post by karl on Mar 31, 2007 15:44:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"I am but a pilgrim in this land of chaos and blood, and you are but a participant in the wheel of destruction." Her voice was calm and unassuming, as if just stating a simple fact. Her mournful face did not change, even as she scented the smoke. "The island burns as we speak now, and along with it is my purpose for living. Without anyone to help, I have nothing to protect me from myself." She turned to look at Itokia.

"Kill me if you will, just as you had all the others, or chose not to if you will, for whatever reason. If I die, I die, and then I shall be free. If I live, there is hope foor me, but still no hope for the world. The Fire Nation shall plunge the world into darkness once they conquer the world, the avatar cannot stop them. I, however, can not affect this in anyway. My life or death may change nothing in the world, so it is your decision."
This user is a guest
dereni
Mar 31, 2007 15:57:22 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Mar 31, 2007 15:57:22 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Itokia gave her an ice cold look, she sounded like she wanted to die, but if Itokia made her suffer by living it might just be a trick. What the woman said was, dark and sinister. Something itokia had come to like. Her swords lowered and she told her, "The Fire Nation, or any of the other tribes and kingdoms are nothing but idiots. Fighting for peace is just like pasionate love for virignity. Not possible."

Her ice blue eyes gave a dark look as she commented, "You're dark, and sound like a murderer. And since you have the heart and tounge of one, there is no true point for me to kill you off." Itokia kept a strong hold upon the swords as she asked once more, "Who are you, as in state your name."
This user is a guest
karl
Apr 1, 2007 5:31:02 GMT -6

Post by karl on Apr 1, 2007 5:31:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Her outer expression was a slight grin of grim amusement. "My name has not passed my lips for nearly ten years, since the coronation of the Fire-lord, in fact." Yes, her name was not hers to give, she could not taint the ancient name with her own, personal guilt. It wasn't an option, not to anyone. Death would come before profanity.

"I am a healer, I am a murderer. I have been a princess, and now I may be a queen. I am the mother of a prince, the daughter of a nobleman, and I am now none of these."
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 1, 2007 6:35:47 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 1, 2007 6:35:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Itokia eyed over her, 'A queen.... Why isn't a queen with the royal family? Banishmet perhaps?' Her eyes looked up and above the trees to see if the Fire Butcher had produced anymore trouble. A small blow of wind brushed over her face and she found herself saying, "You have a horrible past.... Congrats that you've made it this far without going insane." Her voice was cold and she then walked over to her bag and slung it across hr shoulders then let her swords drop to the ground with a small clang! then let them sink into the earth.

"I'm going to grab something to eat, are you coming?"
This user is a guest
karl
Apr 1, 2007 12:28:03 GMT -6

Post by karl on Apr 1, 2007 12:28:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Cold laughter followed the insanity comment. "If you think I haven't gone insane, then you cannot judge people well at all. I have visited insanity, and have captured it and graduated from it." With eyes that shone amber yet wan, she studied this murderer closely. She was deadly, this was sure. Somehow, though, this woman was sure she wasn't just as she seemed.

"No, I will not help you get something to eat. I do not wish to spend anymore time with you." With this, Princess Ursa disapeared into the forest.
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 1, 2007 13:27:51 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 1, 2007 13:27:51 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Itokia didn't care what that woman did, and she proved it by walking through the forest and back to town. The girl looked around and finally saw a Tea Shop. 'If I'm going to get something to eart without trouble I can't go showing my clear face.' Her eyes scanned the area as she shuffled through the market.

'YUIICHANS OUTFITS

hung above a quaint little shop. The girl slipped inside to find rows and rows of clothes. Itokia slowly stepped across a wooden floor. It instantly reminded her of a tea shop she used to go to nearly everyday when she was very young.

"Mommy? Can I have tea please?" a little girl had asked. She had nly gone up to the waist and her raven hair was pulled into a braided ponytail, A woman that looked like her but not pale and had a caring look. They walked over a creaky hard wood floor and her mother had nodded and then patted her head. Her mother was always too nice, and that's why she wasn't here.

'Because she was too kind...' Itokia thought after the flashback. The woman came to a counter where a stocky old man was, "May I help you?" The man asked. Itokia asked for a cloak, a deep black robe. The old man nodded and wobbled off.

In a few minutes he had returned with the cloak and handed it to her. Itokia took it and pain the man, too hungry to even bother killing him. the murderer slipped on the cloak then went back outside, and for once no body stared, no one screamed, gawked or ran. 'Oh yeah, this will halp my assasinations big time.'
This user is a guest
karl
Apr 1, 2007 14:42:29 GMT -6

Post by karl on Apr 1, 2007 14:42:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kasai nearly ran into her as she exited the shop. "Oh, have you already killed everyone in there?" he asked, feeling rather annoyed that he didn't get the chance to. The sun aplified his bending, and he accidently began to make his sword too hot. To jettison off excess enrgy, he firebended at the shop without a sword.

"Sorry 'bout that, I over estimated." he smiled as the charcoal scent filled the air.
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 1, 2007 19:16:45 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 1, 2007 19:16:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Itokia stopped and then pulled her hood down, "I didn't, I ws too hungry to. Speaking of which I'm going to grab a bite would you like to assist me?" Her voice was calm and she at least needed a fruit or something before she went off upon another killing spree. "Plus I would like to know how you exactly kill, and your real name."
This user is a guest
karl
Apr 1, 2007 19:28:46 GMT -6

Post by karl on Apr 1, 2007 19:28:46 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"My name is Kasai, and I suppose you are right. I saw a fruit stand over there," he gestured, "And I think no one is going to serve us. There was also a ston bench there, so we can sit an eat. As for my name, I am Kasai. As for my killing style, that'll have to wait until after we eat." He smiled sadistically at the thought of after lunch amusements, involving blood and lots of it, charred preferably.

The fat man came running out of the shop, and Kasai killed him simply because his sword point was too close to the door.
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 1, 2007 21:47:04 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 1, 2007 21:47:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Itokia grinned at him when he killed the man and then glanced over Kasai. She sighed then walked over to the friut stand and grabbed two apples, she tossed one to Kasai and then bit into one herself. 'I'm not paying for it, they should be happy they they aren't near me when I'm in a bad mood!' The girl smiled at the Fire Butcher then asked, "Have you sen an old woman around here? She cam to me in the forest and she had the tounge of a murderer. I thought maybe you knew of her? She says she's a queen to a banished prince."
This user is a guest
karl
Apr 2, 2007 6:53:27 GMT -6

Post by karl on Apr 2, 2007 6:53:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Banished Prince? As in... Prince Zuko? Old woman, mother... Ursa, wasn't her name? How does noble blood smell when boiled? "I have seen no such person, and the only banished prince's mother I can think of I believed to be dead. Though I wouldn't mind making sure. Murderer, hm..." Oh it wasn't important.

He quickly consumed the apple, and walked over to a large inn like building and set in on fire. The heat bathed his face pleasently.
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 2, 2007 7:14:10 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 2, 2007 7:14:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Itokia ate the apple and looked around, her eyes stared at the near empty village. The woman moved her eyes down to her apple and rolled it over in her hand, she tossed it behind her not caring what happened anymore. A cold wind moved over the area as she looked over at Kasai burning another building. 'What's his horrible past? All I know is he's the Fire Butcher, a bender, his name is Kasai and he's a decent murderer.'

"So.... Kasai, how'd you get the name Fire Butcher?" she asked questioninlgy. It was a basic question and must have a cmplex answer, becuse that's how all thing were. If one was easy, the next would be hard. 'Maybe it has something to do with village issues, the way he kills people, childhood, or all of the above.' It was a craving to know what it is. He has loads of secrets, it's clear in his face.
This user is a guest
Last edit by karl: Apr 2, 2007 7:18:19 GMT -6
karl
Apr 2, 2007 7:49:57 GMT -6

Post by karl on Apr 2, 2007 7:49:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
This was an interesting topic, to be sure. "My parents named me Kasai, which in old Fire Nation means fire. They didn't reason that in old air nomad, it means butcher. That is the first part. You see, the air nomads believed it to be wrong to eat meat, so a butcher wasn't very pleasent for them to speak about." He smiled fondly at his parent's blood scent.

"The first people I killed were my parents, because they were doctors in the war. They foolishly healed Earth Kingdom soldiers, so I was told to slaughter them. That was easy enough for me. I was a soldier for a long time, until they realized I killed simply for the pleasure of killing, and than most of the casualties in battles I participated were caused by me, not just the earth kingdom soldiers."

A man came running out of the burning inn. Kasai chopped him in half quickly and effectively. "And that is why I am called the fire butcher. I butcher people." he smiled as the scent of boiled blood once again met his nose.
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 2, 2007 8:05:59 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 2, 2007 8:05:59 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Itokia gave a cruel smile, that made sense. 'He killed his own parents. Not even I could do that...' She looked around the area and stood up, the woman tossed her raven hair behind her back and glanced around town. A man that was scurrying past with dark angry eyes scowling at them passed. 'Jerk..' she hissed bitterly. Her hand rotated in smal cirlce and a long whip of sand reached out and grabbed his neck, Itokia outstretched her hand and then made a fist quickl, the grip tightened and the man struggled for life. But the sand had much more power, it queezed him and finally blood trickled out and stained the sand. The man gave a muffled scream then fell silent. Itokia gave a proud smile then made the sand pull him under th ground to discard of the body.

"i'm planning on going to Omashu fter this, you?"
This user is a guest