The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Kyoshi Island II

hankdetank
Oct 22, 2010 14:07:30 GMT -6

Post by hankdetank on Oct 22, 2010 14:07:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The low soothing melody of the young man's flute filled his ears and made him feel at home, comfortable. It was his escape to the happy times before the war. As he finished his song, he drained the last of his tea, and waved the only waiter in the inn over to where he was sitting. He payed for his meal and gave the other young man a tip before setting down a small stack of coins. "This is for the residents of room three. When they come down just seat them and let this be payment for whatever they want to have for breakfast. Tell them I went to stock up on supplies and charter us a ship." The waiter nodded and scuttled away with his dirty dishes. 'What an odd little man...' thought Hao and with that the earth bender rose and brushed himself off, tucked his flute away, and walked out the door into the sunlight.

Hao patted Jakku on his cold wet snout before untying him. Leading the forest green ostrich horse by his reigns he walked towards the market. All around him
merchants were shouting out about the freshness and quality of their goods. As Hao walked through to the bay he stopped at various stores and street stands and purchased supplies for the trip including a fruit that resembled a large yellow melon which after rapping on it with his knuckles gave Hao the impression it was quite juicy inside, a variety of dried goods that wouldn't spoil, some light travel cutlery and dishware, as well as a large sack of grains for Jakku, fire making supplies, a small tool set, and a good first aid kit. He closely examined every piece in the first aid kit and tool kid before making those purchases, healers often failed to pack the important parts of these kits in order to insure their services could not be easily replicated by individuals, but found the kit to be satisfactory. The young man also picked up a fairly large bottle of some strong alcohol. Smiling at the girl behind the counter he explained his final purchase. "I'm going to be at sea for a while, and fishing is boring." Chuckling as he walked away he led Jakku out of the market place into the bay area.

The smell of the sea and the warm sun on Hao's face made him feel alive. Taking a deep lung full of the morning air the earth bender hopped up on his steed's back and rode down the bay area looking at ships. Finding one that seemed fairly large and like it would travel quickly he approached the captain who was supervising a two man crew as they loaded some gear onto the deck. "Captain!" Exclaimed the scruffy young man to the scruffier, older sailor. Hopping off Jakku's back he stuck out his hand and met the sailor's rough firm handshake. "My name's Hao captain. What's the nature of this vessel's work?" He asked flatly. "Captain Chang's the name. This here's the Koalaotter Express. We're a merchant transport vessel, we transport goods all around the coastal areas and river towns of the Earth Kingdom." Replied the old but surprisingly sturdy man. Hao smiled internally, just the kind of ship he was looking for. Reaching into Jakku's saddlebag Hao pulled out two large handfuls of coins. "You wouldn't happen to be going north would you?" The captain's eyes gleamed with greed and slapping a hand on Hao's back he cried. "Son I'm going wherever them coins say I am." Laughing boisterously Hao returned the captain's hearty back slap and declared. "Alright then, load up my goods and give me some time to gather my companions. I'll pay you when I return with them." The captain nodded and after the sailors loaded up his gear and recent purchases Hao climbed back on Jakku's, gave him a small kick in his side, and began a casual pace back towards the inn.
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Nov 1, 2010 18:54:55 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Nov 1, 2010 18:54:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Once a leisurely amount of time had passed, Etsuko carefully climbed down the roof back to their still-open window, and found (with no surprise at all) that Goen had taken Sora and vacated the premises. His stuff was already packed up and ready to be transferred to... whatever way they were getting off Kyoshi Island. So was Sora's. Etsuko felt a little pang of self-conscious disapproval as she saw her sheets still mussed up after her night of sleep, and the parts of her clothing from yesterday that she wasn't currently wearing strewn all over that part of the room. She took some time to do the mindless task of cleaning and packing for herself, not really thinking of anything in particular, but enjoying the ridiculous simplicity of her current endeavors. Especially compared to what she would have been doing as a daily chore if they had still been "on the run."

The room fit for the next occupants, Etsuko grabbed all three parcels and exited, leaving the door open and bright sunlight streaming into the hallway leading to the downward stairs. She was two-thirds of the way down when she caught sight of Goen feeding mushed-up fruit to Sora at a table in the furthest corner away. Goen looked up at about the same time; their eyes met. To Etsuko, it was a wordless agreement between the two of them that they would not bring up the fate of Taed again today, or probably for a few days at all.

Sora turned around to see what her Uncle Goen was looking at, and at the sight of Etsuko the child let out a piercing scream that (while mercifully short) made most of the diners in the lower-level cafe cover their ears. A few of them grumbled. Let them complain! Etsuko thought defiantly. Her daughter's reaction to her arrival had totally made her day. I don't give a fig what they think.

"How's Momma's little baby this morning?" she dropped the bags on the floor next to her, swooped down and picked Sora right up out of the raised chair. Sora let out a joyous burble as she was swung around high in the air a few times. Then Etsuko pulled her back in to her chest, where Sora happily nestled, sucking on her knuckles. "Any sign of Hao?" she asked Goen.

Goen was smiling in spite of himself. There was a pause in which he brought his attention to bear before he answered, "Uhm, no. Not yet. I don't think he ran out on us if that's what you're asking, so I think we should just stay here and wait for him to make an appearance." Belatedly he noticed the bags. "Whups. Sorry." He snagged them and pulled them over by his chair. Etsuko took a seat next to him and they began their patient wait for their new comrade.
This user is a guest
hankdetank
Nov 4, 2010 15:58:42 GMT -6

Post by hankdetank on Nov 4, 2010 15:58:42 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hao was thoroughly enjoying his ride back, it was truly a beautiful morning. Keeping the casual pace he munched on a piece of bread he'd taken from his supplies before letting the crew load them up into the ship. As the inn reentered his sight, Hao gave Jakku a little tap with his heel causing him to kick up a little dust and increase his speed slightly. Noticing a disapproving look from a wrinkled old woman he tipped an invisible hat to her as a silent apology as he rode by, and gave a chuckled when she seemed to take that too as cheekiness. As he arrived at the inn the young earth bender hopped off the back of his steed and loosely tied him off just outside the doorway and made for the doorway.

Strolling inside Hao noticed his new companions sitting at a table, he was in another good mood and was hoping they would be awake. Waving to them as he walked over to their table, weaving past other patrons sitting in the cafe he didn't even notice the big smile he had on his face. "Good, you're up!" He said as he approached the trio. "I hope you were comfortable last night, I slept like a rock myself." He paused to let out a laugh. Grabbing an extra chair from an empty nearby table he pulled it over and sat on it backwards, crossing his arms on top of the chair's back and resting his chin on them. "Anyway, I've been up for a few hours myself, I chartered us a ship anywhere we want to go as long as we head north. It's Captain Chang's ship, if you know him. Got us some supplies too. Some essentials for the journey and some stuff to keep us entertained on the voyage. Including a big ol' bottle of booze." He added nudging Goen with his elbow. "But take your time with breakfast, I paid for your meal already so if you haven't already, just ask the waiter for whatever you want and when you're ready we can throw your gear on Jakku and all head down to the bay."
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Nov 14, 2010 16:35:53 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Nov 14, 2010 16:35:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"The other patrons may want us to leave quickly," Etsuko laughed, at the same time that Goen said, "Etsuko's the only one that hasn't eaten yet." They both looked at each other, and then they laughed even more. "I can take some food to go," Etsuko continued, bouncing Sora some more as the little one clapped her hands with a joyful lack of rhythm. "Honestly, Hao, I'm anxious to just get going on. It's not that Kyoshi is a bad place — far from it — but I'm happier when we're making progress, and we won't be making progress until we're moving forward and finding friends." She looked at Sora and made a silly face, asking, "Isn't that right, silly girl?"

Goen grabbed the bags again, and said, "If I might make a suggestion, I can take Sora and we can follow Hao back down to the docks. You can grab whatever breakfast you want to take with us, and meet us down there when you're ready." He stood up at the ready, two bags around one shoulder and one bag around the other, holding his arms out.

"Fair enough," Etsu conceded, passing Sora back over to her uncle. Sora accepted the necessity gracefully, and promptly starting drooling down the front of Goen's shirt. Instead of going to the fruit buffet and getting herself some sustenance, however, Etsuko looked at Hao and said, "You said something about the captain. We don't really know anyone around here, so no, we don't know him. What can you tell us about him?" As she remembered more of what her companion said, she actually frowned and added as an afterthought, "Goen's too young to drink and he's from a priest family anyway, so please don't encourage him that way."

Goen hid a smile as best he could. He wasn't planning on drinking anyway, and had taken the elbow nudge good-naturedly, but it was nice to see Etsu trying to fight his battles for him.
This user is a guest
hankdetank
Nov 14, 2010 21:02:03 GMT -6

Post by hankdetank on Nov 14, 2010 21:02:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hao gave a small burst of laughter and put his hands up in a playful defensive/fearful pose, Etsuko's objection to his offer of alcohol was both surprising and a bit amusing. "Yes ma'am. I didn't mean to entice the young guy inappropriately." He then lowered his arms and allowed his smile to fade, "Seriously though, the captain seems like a decent guy. Definitely a merchant type and a man of the sea. I don't know if he's necessarily trustworthy, he knows we're a small group and that we've got some valuable items and money with us, but I didn't see any reason to think otherwise either. I'm sure he'll be forthright with us, I'm paying him enough..." The young man had never considered the risk of getting on a ship with a crew he knew nothing about. He'd certainly heard stories of crews turning on passengers once out to sea and his mind suddenly ran through a fistfull of paranoid scenarios. With no conscious effort his right hand touched the hilt of his axe, almost as if to check if it was still there. Looking over at Goen, he nodded his head towards the bags. "Feel free to through that on Jakku's back, he'll carry it to the ship a lot more comfortably than you will. Lets get down to that ship and oversee what's going on by the docks, I was planning on putting some earth on the deck anyway... in case we run into an occasion that calls for bending." Looking back at Etsuko he continued. "Anyway, I guess the three of us will get going. Take your time and eat, and when you're ready meet us by the ship. It's called the Koallaotter Express, medium sized merchant vessel docked right where the road hits the bay. Can't miss it." With that he stepped back out the doorway for a moment, came back into sight leading Jakku by the reigns, and motioned with his head for Goen to follow him.
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Nov 22, 2010 21:31:15 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Nov 22, 2010 21:31:15 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: *sigh* So much for me being "back" and remembering to check this thread.

Etsuko nodded back and scurried partially back the way she came, to get some food, that being far more important and immediate in her mind than the concerns of a mutinous sea crew. With all modesty, her bending had gotten so much better in the last few years, and with two earthbenders working with her, she was sure they could handle anything that wasn't cataclysmic.

Goen cheerfully accepted the offer of Hao's pack... thing... "Seriously, Hao, what is that thing? I've never seen it before... I mean, we've only been off Mothhaudh for a little over a year, but I never realised the creatures we saw native there were nothing like the things that are alive in the rest of the world. Regardless of his ignorance, the creature seemed nice enough, and was obviously used to carrying things. So was Goen, but why should he have to do any work.

"Will the captain let you put dirt on the ship? Will it have to be in just one place, or can we put a little bit everywhere? Do you really think we'll need it?" Goen continued to pepper his new companion with questions, absent-mindedly wiping the drool off of Sora's mouth. Sora made a face at her uncle and produced more drool, a stubborn set to her jaw that reminded him of Taed. Thinking of Taed brought back the uncomfortable conversation he had had with Etsuko that morning on the rooftop. He knew she was right, and that he'd have to deal with it eventually. And he wished he had her optimism and hope... but he didn't. Growing up with Taed, and Lotelin, Goen had been educated in a school of realism and respect. The fact was, there was a slim-to-none chance that his foster brother and foster mother were still alive. And even if they were, it'd be a long time before he might ever see them again... they couldn't just hang around Kyoshi Island waiting for them... Goen shook his head. He was thinking optimistically again. That's gotta stop.
This user is a guest
hankdetank
Nov 23, 2010 1:05:07 GMT -6

Post by hankdetank on Nov 23, 2010 1:05:07 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
As the pair walked, Jakku graciously accepting the load, Hao grabbed his steed by the reigns and pulled his head down to the same level as the two earth benders ruffling his forest green feathers a bit. The creature didn't even seem to notice let alone mind. "This is Jakku, he's an ostrich horse, which I guess you didn't have back home. He's also my oldest living friend and most trusted companion. They're smarter than they look." He said pausing to pat Jakku on the neck and give him a little "aren't you boy?" before continuing. "They're great animals too. Faster than a komodo rhino if you've ever seen one of those, and twice as fierce as an ornery hippocow. Ol' Jak is probably the reason I got through the war in more or less one piece."

Hao let the beast raise his head once more upon which he made a low cluck and shook his head. A ways down the road the bay was now clearly in view. Ships bobbed softly in the clear, sparkling waters of the island. Grinning Hao pointed at the vessel he'd chartered. "There she is. The Koala Otter Express. I don't see why we couldn't bring some earth along, after all the ship is built to carry a load and they didn't seem to have an excessive amount of their own cargo. Of course, we'll make sure to ask first, we wouldn't want to impose on the captain. After all, he's already been very gracious in accepting my offer and changing his course northward for us."

The captain waved at Hao as he saw him approach. Clapping their hands together they shook firmly and bowed. "Captain, this is one of my companions, Goen, and the ever lovely Sora, who's mother should be along shortly. I see you've loaded my supplies, how should we continue from here?" The captain nodded at Goen. "Captain Chang. Welcome aboard." He said bluntly. "Until the other passenger gets here you can either inspect your quarters, they're not much I'll warn you, or wait here. It's all the same to me." Hao nodded and gave a little smile. "Thank you. Oh captain, by the way, would you permit us to bring a little earth aboard your ship, for the sake of bending?" The captain's brow furrowed and the look on his sun tanned and wrinkled old face betrayed an answer the scruff young earth bender did not wish to hear. Clapping his hand on the salty old man's shoulder Hao continued. "After all captain, you've got two talented benders on your ship now, and I'm a military man. Surely you're aware these waters are known for pirate and fire nation activity. Surely it would be wise to carry some ammunition should the unfortunate opportunity arise to use it." The captain's expression did not change, this guy didn't look or behave like any military type he'd ever seen, but the intensity of his stare relaxed before he spoke. "You're probably right. Not much though, I'm going to have to pay my crew extra for the extended trip anyway, don't weigh my ship down too much." Giving the captain an unreciprocated grin and a thankful bow, Hao turned back to Goen. "So what now, you wanna inspect the cabin, load some earth onto the deck, or hang around here until Etuko shows up?"

This user is a guest
taedxoa
Nov 24, 2010 8:07:21 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Nov 24, 2010 8:07:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Where I rest my head is a matter of complete indifference to me," Goen said by way of reply, subconsciously shuffling a little bit closer to the ever-cheerful Hao and away from the grumpy-sounding captain of the boat. "But I don't know how well I can bend large amounts of earth with just one hand, and I won't let Sora down until Etsuko gets back. Why don't I go drop off those bags," he pointed to Jakku's back, "and then I'll come back and see what I can contribute to the earthbending, unless Etsu's back by then?"

Sora began waving her hand energetically at Hao, contributing her thoughts on the matter with such phrases as "dabbal jubba bap grrrbap." She went on at length for several seconds, with such a serious face that Goen didn't feel it right to interrupt her. When she was done, he said, "Okay then," and leverred the bags from Jakku back into his other arm. "Be right back," he told Hao, and followed a sailor that the captain indicated down the deck of the ship.

Etsuko continued speedwalking down the main causeway of the village, toward the wharf at the bay in front of the island, enjoying the large slice of watermelon she had procured from the inn's buffet. Lost in thought as to why it was called a watermelon, she almost ran into the trio of Kyoshi Warrior women that were standing in her path. "Oh! I'm sorry, please excuse me," she made a reverent half-bow as she righted herself from a near-fall.

"Please," the apparent ranking girl bowed back, then stood at attention. "Our village chief, Oyaji, sends his regards. We told him your story, and he wished to meet you before you departed, but he was asked to travel to the next nearest village this morning to assist their chief there. He gave us this parting gift for you and your brother and your daughter, and said that the blessings of Avatar Kyoshi will travel with you." She set the parcel in front of Etsuko's feet, bowed one knee to the ground (followed by her companions), and immediately walked away, into an alley off to the side.

Etsuko was puzzled but pleasantly surprised. She debated waiting to open the package until she got to the boat, but curiosity got the better of her. The very first thing she saw was a tessen, a war fan, nearly like those that the Kyoshi Warriors used, but appearing to be less weighted and also painted in the colors of the Southern Water Tribe. Though she no longer considered that to be her home as much as Mothhaudh was, she was still touched and honoured. A note attached to the tessen purported to be from Oyaji himself, suggesting that Etsuko might be able to use her waterbending with the fan. It sounded like an interesting experiment, and something she would have to practice before they reached the North Pole. Below the tessen appeared to a be a pair of green and brown vambraces, presumably for Goen.They were weighted, to exercise the strength of his forearms, and sturdy but flexible to allow him freedom and support of movement in his earthbending.

Etsu didn't remember telling any of the Kyoshi Warriors that they were benders, or even doing any bending while they were there. She also didn't presume that Oyaji or the Kyoshi Warriors did this sort of thing for any old visitors to the island. It made the gesture that much more touching, mysterious, and fortunate. Etsu took the note on her tessen, folded it, and placed it inside her robe, then hung the tessen itself from her belt on the opposite side of the little flute she had carried around for so many years. Then she proceeded down to the ships, carrying Goen's vambraces in the bag. As she approached the wharf she saw Hao out front, and Goen coming back down the gangplank with Sora still in his arms.
This user is a guest
hankdetank
Nov 25, 2010 0:23:47 GMT -6

Post by hankdetank on Nov 25, 2010 0:23:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Spotting Etsuko as she approached Hao waved to her. Kneeling down in the dirt he ran his palm across the ground. The bay wasn't sandy and the earth felt good on his hands. Sleeping on it for several years had helped his bending dramatically, he could envision the earth in his mind, see it bending before he ever made his first motion. Digging his fingers in he clenched his fist, the earth gave way like mud and he pulled it up with ease. Throwing a pillar higher than the ship's deck the young man simultaneously stomped his right foot creating an equal pillar beneath his feet. Gracefully rising to the top he began sliding his arms across the top of the pillar in front of him in broad circular motions. As he did, foot thick circles of earth broke off and landed heavily, but not too forcefully, on the ships front deck. Every time the pillar got to short he'd pull it further up.

Smirking with self satisfaction he tilted his arms and the pillar tilted with him. As it approached the hull he slid off and landed on one of the circular tiles he'd created, behind him, though if he even noticed he didn't show any reaction, the pillars sank once more into the ground. He paused and examined his work, only briefly, before drawing his axe and using the blade to hook and shift the tiles until they made for a thicker deck, the front of the ship now covered with bendable earth which was simultaneously out of the crew's way.

Leaning over he looked at the captain. "How's that cappin'?"

"Fancy kid, but my ship now sits two inches deeper in the water, so excuse me if I seem unenthusiastic."

Hao couldn't help but grin at him. He was very amused with the old man's grizzled sea dog behaviors. "So long as it's acceptable sir. I wouldn't dream of damaging this fine vessel." At this the captain actually cracked a smile. "No worries son. She's handled far worse in the past. Better brace yourself if we're going to his fire nation waters."

Jakku was exploring the deck, peering over the edge of the hull in several places and scratching at the stone floor. But typically he grew bored quickly and began biting at a spot under his wing.

Still leaning over the hull he now shouted excitedly at his companions. "Come on guys, lets get settled and out to sea. Our adventure is only just beginning." He knew Goen at least didn't seem to care about the quarters, and honestly it didn't matter to him ether other than from a tactical standpoint. He wasn't concerned about the crew, they seemed your standard merchant crew, if not one of the more capable ones, and the ocean was vast, there was no reason why it couldn't just be a pleasant cruise northward.
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Nov 28, 2010 17:08:01 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Nov 28, 2010 17:08:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Etsuko waved back to Hao as she jogged up the gangplank. "Be right with you, Hao!" She approached Goen and wordlessly traded Sora for the bag with Goen's new vambraces in it, and then while Goen and Sora looked curiously at the bag, Etsu pulled the note back out of her robe and put it in Goen's other hand. Then she and Sora walked back over to the edge of the ship next to Jakku the ostrich horse, watching Hao bend the large slabs of earth. After a few moments, typically, Sora grew bored and began teething on the collar of Etsuko's cloak. "Oh, stop that you," Etsuko chided with a combination of amusement and mild alarm. "You're too young to be teething already, aren't you?" Dimly she tried to remember anything Aunt Wu might have said on the subject, or anything that happened either at the South Pole or Mothhaudh. Nothing surfaced immediately in her mind, so she stuck by her judgment and gently pulled her hem out of Sora's mouth.

Goen examined his fun new toys. They were shaped in a vaguely-tapered vaguely-cylindrical shape, painted green, with thin but heavy discs attached in a ring around both ends of each article. A closer examination showed that the old Earth Kingdom insignia, the square inside the circle, was engraved into each disc, although the discs themselves were painted the same green color as the cylinder so as to blend in. After a period of silent contemplation, he finally came to the conclusion that these things went on his arms. "...OH cool!" he exclaimed, fitting one over his left forearm and methodically tightening the wire coils covered in cotton which were intended to adjust the vambraces to his arms' size. He flexed his forearm a bit, moved it up and down, adjusted himself to the new weight and the fair form it kept his limb in.

Etsuko laughed a bit when Hao made his grand announcement. He was just like a little kid, really, even though he was older than any of them. "We're ready when you are, I think," she replied, glancing over at Goen. No worries there; he was a male so he didn't really need any supplies other than clothes and food, both of which were already on board. And at any rate he was too absorbed in his present from Oyaji to care about anything else. Speaking of...

Etsuko slid the tessen back out of her belt for a closer look. She had forgotten that she was still holding Sora in the other arm until Sora reached a chubby little hand out to the fan. Etsuko gasped in horror as the baby gripped the edge of the fan, but Sora didn't make a sound. The waterbender freed one finger from her fist grip on the fan base and ran her fingertip over the opposing edge... it wasn't sharp, just sturdy. That's a relief, she realised her heart was racing a bit. It's a little heavy to let Sora just play with, though. I'll have to hang onto it while she looks at it. And indeed, Sora was trying to find her own image in the distorted, very faint reflection of the fan. Purples and blues swirled around the fan blades, with a comfortable snowy white painted on the base that Etsuko was holding. Once again Etsu reminded herself, I ought to practice waterbending with this before we get to the North Pole Water Tribe.

The reminder of their trip woke Etsu out of her reverie, and she looked back up to see if Hao was looking at her or not. "I'm sorry," she blushed.
This user is a guest
hankdetank
Nov 28, 2010 20:43:45 GMT -6

Post by hankdetank on Nov 28, 2010 20:43:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hao gave the captain a quick, "Ready when you are Captain!" before hustling over to where his companions were. Spotting their new gear he grinned. "Cool stuff! ...maybe I should've bought some armor...Ah well, too late now." The young man attached Jakku's feedbag and took his personal belonging off the beast's back. As a sailor passed by, Hao handed him his reigns, "Take him below deck and find a comfortable spot for him, I'll be by to examine it a little later." The sailor nodded unenthusiastically and led the ostrich horse below deck.

Captain Chang had come up the gangplank and Hao could see two men pulling it up behind them. He took the opportunity to make a quick assessment of their numbers. There was the captain and roughly ten crew members, though one of them had seemed not to be a laborer but perhaps held some more intellectual position. He hadn't seen a cook, but that didn't mean there wasn't one, and besides, he'd bought enough food to get to the north pole fairly comfortably.

Hao snapped back to the situation at hand as the boat lurched forward. He was suddenly aware that he was excited but slightly nervous. This would be the first time he'd ever be this far from home. "Here we go..." He said with a slight smirk.
This user is a guest