The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Kyoshi Island II

karl
Apr 2, 2007 8:13:22 GMT -6

Post by karl on Apr 2, 2007 8:13:22 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kasai watched her slaugheter of the townsperson with growing disinterest. No he wasn't planning on going to Omashu, he was planning on going to the Fire Nation. He told her so, then sheathed his sword, and watched as the inn collasped, and flames started to leap across from building to building until the town was in flames.

Kasai was ready to slaughter the people as they ran screaming for their lives.

((The admins are discussing whether we can actually slaughter Kyoshi or not.))
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 2, 2007 8:23:38 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 2, 2007 8:23:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Itokia looked at him then gave a slightly bored expression. She looked at the townspeople and felt chills run up her spine. Her eyes loked at the fire coming around and then looked away, as much as she loved murder there was something wrong with it today. 'What is wrong? People should die! youhad to suffer through bloodshed, so should everyone else!'

Itokia took a short breath then rose her hands into the air and slashed then out at the burning town, her hands held high in the air as if she was constructing an orchestra. A wave of mud lingered over her coming from the streams and the ocean, her eyes locked upon the area and she then moved the large plate of wet soil above the village. her hands dropped and the mud fell, ceasing the fire.

She looked at the dirty town and then twirled in a quick circle, the mud swept out of the town and slithered as if it was a snake back into the ocean. Itokia raised her chin and then thought, 'It was a one time thing. '
This user is a guest
karl
Apr 2, 2007 8:28:35 GMT -6

Post by karl on Apr 2, 2007 8:28:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kasai looked at her, confused. What was her problem. "What on Earth?" he asked, fingering his sword handle. She wasn't paying attention, he could just kill her right now, and restart the destruction- But a strange twinge made his hand drop. He couldn't kill her, and he didn't know why.

People did not appear out of the houses now, they were more afraid of them than any fire. It was scary, really. How could he instill so much fear, and more importantly, why was he encountering emotions so strange? Remorse, compassion? How? Anyone could feel them other than him, yet... Some influence, somewhere, Itokia? But how? She was almost as blood-thirsty as him, there was no way she could be causing this... Was there?
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 2, 2007 8:50:44 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 2, 2007 8:50:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Itokia slid her hands into her pckets annd turned to face Kasai, her yes were sad and confused at what she did. The woman looked away and down at the ground, there was no excuse or explanation. 'Sorry for ruining it.' she wanted to say. Itokia glanced at Kasai then stalked away muttering, "Sorry..."

The grass was mooth under her sandals as she thought, 'Why couldn't I kill them?! I thought it'd be easy to do this. Just to kill, and it is! I haven't been kiled or anything --not like anyone would care... but that doesn't matter, no one has cared about me for a long time. It doesn't matter.' Itokia twirled her finger and a whip of sand came up to her hand and colied around her wrist. It looked like a replica of a snake, with darkish eyes, no legs or ears, and a sleek body. Itoka lightly stroked him leting the sands troughess prickle over er fingers.

Something dawned upon her, something that was near obvious she missed, 'Why didn't Kasai kill me when I did that?....' She couldn't think of an answer, not one.
This user is a guest
karl
Apr 2, 2007 10:02:43 GMT -6

Post by karl on Apr 2, 2007 10:02:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kasai wasn't sure why he was sad when she looked away and ignored him, and sadness was itself an almost unknown emotion. Sadness can only come from caring about something, and the fire butcher, a sadistic murderer, could not possibly care about anything. Logically, if he did, he wouldn't be able to kill...

Yet, at the same time, he hadn't been able to kill her, and was sad when she ignored him. It was strange, he concluded as he sheathed his large sword on his back.
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 2, 2007 13:19:20 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 2, 2007 13:19:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Itokia kept her eyes locked upon the ground as she walked slowly to the edge of the bay where the great Unagi lived. 'Whats wrong with me?' she asked herself as she fell into a sitting position in the soft sand. Her hands slid over the top of the grainy earth, there was a feeling within her of dread. The woman turned her head and looked out at he glimmering water, it shined with grace and was as still as a rock.

Itokia's breathing was shallowed trying to sort her thoughts out, the girl crossed her legs and then pressed herpalms together, intwining her fingers. All of her fighres were down but her index and middle fingers that pressed together standing straight up. She had taught herself to clear her mind so she could think things out straighter. Next, her mind started chanting words she had always used to soothe herself and others
'Komahatu niwaynsa. Omaseg wa intu, kikyoniwo. Totru maineywi sai. Komahatu niwaynsa. Omaseg wa intu, kikyoniwo. Totru maineywi sai.Komahatu niwaynsa. Omaseg wa intu, kikyoniwo. Totru maineywi sai.Komahatu niwaynsa. Omaseg wa intu, kikyoniwo. Totru maineywi sai.' and she kept saying that to herself over and over again, but she kept thinking af Kasai, and what he thought of her.

Her eyes flashed open and she let her stance fall. 'Why am I thinking of him? He doesn't think of me, and doesn't care! '
This user is a guest
karl
Apr 2, 2007 14:56:41 GMT -6

Post by karl on Apr 2, 2007 14:56:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kasai suddenly felt no desire to destroy the rest of the lightning. Blood now seemed a disgusting think to boil, and he was filled with a sudden revulsion for murder. It wasn't right, not for him. Anyone else in the world could think this, but he was incapable of finer human emotions, he had never felt compassion, never practiced kindness, and never loved.

Yet now, something had change. Some great spirit had overtaken him, making him feel emotions that he couldn't feel. It wasn't possible, he couldn't drag his mind from this fact. He drew his sword, clean steel, but he saw it the color of rust, dried blood. Revolting, the stench of death came over him, and the sword- not his sword- fell from his nervelss fingers. It stabbed with a thunk into the ground, and its sheath followed it.

What was happening to him?
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 2, 2007 21:40:49 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 2, 2007 21:40:49 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Itokia kept thinking of the words to calm herself down, but everytime her eyelids shut she saw Kasai's face. Not as a murderer but just standing there with a smile. A warmness engulfed her like a fire. A relaxed smiled overcame her face and then her eyes opened to nothing but the water, and her alone self. The smile faded away and her stomach twisted in nots of confusion, and soething else. Something odd she had never expirenced.

'Do I..... Love him? Can I love? No. It couldn't be, love is where you...... What is love exactly? Is it just were that person is automatically important to you and you don't even realize it? If so then- WHAT?! No! Impossible! First of all, I'm just.... Not good at all! Not pretty, smart, strong really, I just know how to kill someone. That's all I'm good for. Killing.' Annoyed with herself, and her emotions she stood up in a bitter rage and marched back to Kasai, although she forced herself to have an angered face, her heart lept for joy when she saw him. His sword was in the ground but that wasn't the issue at the moment.

"What are you doing?!" she accusingly yelled, "Why do you keep coming to my thoughts and making me feel bad about how imperfect I am?! Why do I see you when I close my eyes to try and calm down?! You weren't even near me and yet somehow you've managed to make me think differently! How? And WHY?" She had more questions to shout at him though screamed them inside, 'Why do I get the feeling I love you? How are you so great? How am I even around you? Do you have the same feelings for me?' Her ace looked annoyed though it shown through her eyes she was confused, sad, and angry with herself and not him.
This user is a guest
karl
Apr 3, 2007 6:06:53 GMT -6

Post by karl on Apr 3, 2007 6:06:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kasai heard her voice, and it dragged his conciousness back to the present and the actual world. Her words echoed in his head, bouncing back and forth across his skull. "I could ask you the same thing," he said, "but I won't."

He looked down at his blood-stained sword, and its wet sheathe. He picked the sheathe up, and noted it was perfectly dry. The sword felt smooth, like bare steel, but blood was positively caked on it, it would never be burned off. He sheathed the bloody sword in the blood-drenched holder. "More importantly, how can you make me feel guilt. I have never before felt guilt, though people have asked me if I had no shame. I hadn't until now!"
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 3, 2007 10:40:01 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 3, 2007 10:40:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Itokia stared blankly at him, her stomach dropped, dragging her heart down with it. 'He... He could ask the same thing... And, I made him feel guilt... How?' Her throat seemed to tighten and she felt queasy. "Kasai, I'm sorry... I don't know how I'm making you feel guilt, or why." Guilt crashed upon her now, for yelling those questions at him. "You shouldn't feel guilty about anything.... You were born to kill, which means theres nothing you can do and youre great the way you are. I chose to be a killer." She gave him a small smile and then looked away, back at the ocean.

'I've never felt pitty, love, or any of these emotions. I hate other people! But... I think I do love him! So, I hate him, and I love him. I hate him for making me confused, and I think I love him because he's also a murderer. I hate him for being nice, and I also think I love him for the same reason... No, it can't be love, maybe fondness.' Her heart fluttered wildly, and it sounded like the largest thing in the world. "I can go, if you want me to, Kasai..."
This user is a guest
karl
Apr 3, 2007 10:50:21 GMT -6

Post by karl on Apr 3, 2007 10:50:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Sorry... "Oh, so now you feel guilt too?" It was very ironic to apologi\zse to someone for making them feel guilty. And of course he shouldn't feel guilty. "That's my whole point! I know I shouldn't feel this way, I never have before! Look at this sword!" he yelled suddenly, drawing it. "You see clear unblemished steel, don't you! I see dried blood. Caked on it, never to come off. This nightmarish vision was caused by you! Do you realize that?"

He sheathed the sword as he heard her final statement. "No, the damage has already been done. If you left or stayed I would still think about the same things, still feel guilt. Frankly, it doesn't matter at all!"
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 3, 2007 11:09:04 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 3, 2007 11:09:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Itokia looked at the sword and then avoided his eyes, his words cut her like a knife. "How is it my fault?" she asked her bangs hiding her dark eyes, her voice was almost in a whisper, yet darkened by guilt and sadness. "You killed them, and I killed people too. The blood doesn't mean anything. You obviously thought nothing of it before I came along, so why dont you just go back to that way. Or attempt, at least." Itokia brought her head and looked at him, her eyes were sad, yet hateful, on the verge of tears, and yet as strong as the steel sword Kasai had.

"What damage could I possibly do to you? I haven't touched you and I've tried to be nice to you because you were a murderer to and I thought you would understand what it was like to be alone in the world with no one to go to or anything besides blood to keep you remotely happy!" Anger raged within her voice, "But I was completely wrong! You care about nothing but yourself and blame others for something they don't even know what they did!"
This user is a guest
karl
Apr 3, 2007 11:19:13 GMT -6

Post by karl on Apr 3, 2007 11:19:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"It is impossible to go on living in the darkness once you have seen the light. I don't have that choice." When she began to yell at him, he stood there, listening unprotestingly, a grim smile still plastered on his face. When her rant ended, he watched her for a couple more seconds. "are you quite through?" he asked finally.

"Did you think my hemophilia and sadism was a simple symptom of lonliness? It never was. I killed for the intoxicating pleasure of killing, nothing more. Yet ever since we talked once, guilt has crashed upon you. it is your fault, not because of anything you did, but because you existed. You couldn't prevent whatever happened, but you caused it."
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 3, 2007 11:35:46 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 3, 2007 11:35:46 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Itokia would have love to attack him on the spot, yet still refused. "What's the light then?" she asked him. Her eyes looked at the sand, it brought back memories of the blood she had caused over it, and the more and more she thought about it. The less and less she regretted it. 'Maybe if they stayed out of my way and hadn't put me as an oucast when I was younger none of this could have happened.'

She listened to what he said and then waited a long time before replying, "Then maybe I should stop existing and prevent anymore guilt or these annoying feelings I think I have for y-" The woman cut herself off and shut her mouth, then bit her tounge roughly. "Never mind...." she whispered cross with her actions and self in general.

'Did I really say that? I hate him for things he's said. Why can't I kill him?!' Her head ached with pain from the ransacking emotions he had thrown upon her. "Before I met you, I had no worries, I didn't care about others and they didn't care about me. I hate you for making me feel emotions, yet.... I admire you for your ability to not feel anything for others at all and I envy that."
This user is a guest
karl
Apr 3, 2007 11:53:50 GMT -6

Post by karl on Apr 3, 2007 11:53:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"The light is the awakening to guilt- Wait, feelings? What are you talking about?" He thought he knew what she was talking about, and actually this revelation helped him understand what he was thinking, and the unidentified feelings.

"You might as well stop envying. I am still only human, and now I can feel. I now know compassion, and guilt. Because of these, I now feel another, even more alien emotion because I see it so much. Fear. I am afraid."
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 3, 2007 12:13:20 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 3, 2007 12:13:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Itokia bit her lip and then knew if she'd say nothing or nevermind he wouldn;t belive her so she decied to tell him the truth. "I... Think, --keyword think-- I like you." It hurt to admit it, but it was true. Her heart rang out through her ears and wished she would have lied, but he deserved to know what she thought of him. Or at least a little.

"What? You know compassion? And... Fear?" She stared at him, obviously confused, her icy eyes were locked upon him searching for an answer. 'Does... Does he feel compassion for.. Me? No... Probally not. He'll probally attempt to kill me after this or something. Oh well.... No more confusion I guess. It's clear he couldn't like me...'
This user is a guest
karl
Apr 3, 2007 12:18:12 GMT -6

Post by karl on Apr 3, 2007 12:18:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Had this happened to anyone other than Kasai who felt the same way he did, that person would have said "I like you too." However, this was a mass murderer who sadistically slaughtered people. He knew less than nothing of matters of the heart. So naturally, he said, "I think I do too. Normally I'd have killed you by now." That was a big mistake, you see. No one would possibly take that as a complement.

"Yes, fear. I'm afraid that I'll be killed, or captured, and I will be to overcome with guilt to resist. And then, if the spirits are just, I'll be reincarnated into a lame person or some such thing."
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 3, 2007 12:50:11 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 3, 2007 12:50:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Itokia felt slight relief then brutal anger. 'He'd kill me by now?! What?! Thinking it is one thing but saying it straight to my face?!' Her hands crossed over her chest and annoyance flared in her eyes like a wildfire through a dry grassland. "You'd have kill me by now huh? Could you kill me? Even attempt to?"

Fear? He feared those things? 'Who would fear those?... Oh well, I guess it makes sense.' "You shouldn't fear those. Fearing death is fearing life. Fearing capture is fearing an experience that might save your life. And reincarnation into something lame? Please! Then you just have to make it the best you can. Now wont you?" Her eyes scanned the area for anyone out from the houses. Yet no one dared to step foot out, not with two killers right there. Even if they were talking about emotions.

The sun's warm rays washed over her, like the ocean over the sand she often used. A small rush of wind came from behind and made her hair come from behind her shoulders and whip her cheeks. It stung lightly, not like she really payed any attention but today she wanted to look good for Kasai. Her hands slid out from being crossed and moved to her raven hair. The woman tucked her velvet soft hair behind her ears, trying to cease it from looking so wily and untamed. 'Just once, I'd like to look like a normal twenty-one year old woman, instead of some murderer who only enjoys the smell and sight of blood. For at least a day or two. And how knows. Maybe then I'll be able to have a little good luck. Since I haven't for a long time.'
This user is a guest
karl
Apr 3, 2007 15:34:54 GMT -6

Post by karl on Apr 3, 2007 15:34:54 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"I could have killed you while you were putting out the fire. We both know it." His face was stone set in a grimace, unchanging, unlike the tempestrousity of his emotions. Now they simmered, building pressure. Perhaps they would blow, perhaps they would slowly fizzle out. It was impossible to tell now.

"'Fearing death is fearing life', you should hear yourself. Just because I fear death doesn't mean I'm going to stop living. Perhaps there is redemption, perhaps there is no reincarnation. Who knows? And more importantly, why do you think you do?" He surveyed her expression with amusement. She was smoothing her hair, and obviously she didn't know how, was she trying to impress him? He'd killed people regardless of looks, why should love be different?
This user is a guest
dereni
Apr 3, 2007 16:23:01 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Apr 3, 2007 16:23:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Itokia turned her anger into ameusement, "The sand and I are friends, and there's plenty of sand here." She gave a smile and then brought her palm to her hand and giggled into it, "Would you have liked to kill me? And do you still want to?" She smile faded into nothing but her seriousness, if he did then it proved something. If he didn't it maybe proved something, not totally yet still did something. 'So, if he wants to kill me it signals he doesn't like me. If not that doesn't prove anything really. I don't think... No, no way after all there must be someone he didn't kill.'

Her eyes looked over him and she smiled once more, "I do hear myself. And yes, death is part of the life cycle so... You shouldn't fear it." Her ice eyes brightened with a triumphant feeling, "See? You are afraid of something that might not even exist. That's pretty, well, pointless." Itokia kept trying to smooth her hair down and finally she just tried to ignore it.

'Fear... Please, people shouldn't fear anything.' She knew something that only little kids who's minds weren't clogged with mindless activities and wise elders, knew. That if you worry your whole life, you'll be wasting something that you only have one chance at. So, fear shouldn't be feared, nothing should. Her eyes were glazed with happiness, though it was unexplainable. 'Sure, Kasai has a really hard head and he knows a few things, but I don't think he knows how to have fun outside of the blade — even though killing is a true joy.'
This user is a guest