The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Kyoshi Island II

taedxoa
Jan 14, 2007 15:13:36 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Jan 14, 2007 15:13:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Welcome to Kyoshi Island, once home to Avatar Kyoshi! Come and enjoy, although beware of the Warriors of Kyoshi, as they might try to ambush you if they consider you a threat...

OOC: Here is the last page of the previous Kyoshi Island thread, if you need to look back at it.
This user is a guest
hakuyoshimoto
Jan 14, 2007 22:06:53 GMT -6

Post by hakuyoshimoto on Jan 14, 2007 22:06:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kimu whistles loudly. The whistle echoes through the forest, she raises her arm and a brown hawk lands on her forearm. "Sukai, what took you so long?" She asks caressed it's chest. She places it on her shoulder and continues walking through the forest admiring the creatures it posesses. She picks a handful of berries from a nearby tree and places them in a small handmade pouch. Kimu picks one from the pouch and feeds to the hawk. She sits against a tree. I have been walking for days I need to rest my legs.
This user is a guest
ronin
Jan 14, 2007 22:13:10 GMT -6

Post by ronin on Jan 14, 2007 22:13:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yoshiro had begun to wander after he got off the ship that had given him a ride. He wanted to take a look at Kyoshi Island that he had heard much about. "Well, it certainly looks pretty." he said to himself. As he walked through the paths he caught a glimpse of a hawk flying downward, not to far away. "Hhhmmm?" He went over to investigate, prehaps catch a glimpse at what the hawk might be doing. Then he saw it land on a teenager's arm. He walked out from the bushes and said, "Hullo!"
This user is a guest
hakuyoshimoto
Jan 15, 2007 11:10:35 GMT -6

Post by hakuyoshimoto on Jan 15, 2007 11:10:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kimu jumped up quickly, "Good lord, you startled me" She said catching her breath. She looked the man and adjusted her hair and robe. Kimu bowed as she said, "Sorry, I am Kimu and this is Sukai, my pet hawk." As she pointed to the hawk it flew off onto a branch and squawked at the stranger. "Oh hush, Sukai" She said smiling at him. Kimu then looked at the man, "He doesn't like strangers." She moved closer to see the man.
This user is a guest
Last edit by hakuyoshimoto: Jan 15, 2007 11:11:11 GMT -6
ronin
Jan 16, 2007 5:20:32 GMT -6

Post by ronin on Jan 16, 2007 5:20:32 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yoshiro gave a small laugh. "I didn't mean to startle. My bad." He stepped from the shade of the trees and brushed his brown clothes off. His clothes had many pockets and straps that seemed to have bottles of saki all over. On each of his hips was a large jug. "Nice to meet you Kimu. I am Yoshiro. Fire drink extradinare!" He said, bowing down, causing his brown braid (The only hair on the tope of his head) to whip around slightly. Then he got up and looked at Sukai. "Your bird is pretty and smart as well. You should never trust a stranger till you know them well enough." Then he looked over the girl before him and said, "Are you a native here or are you a stranger as much as I?"
This user is a guest
hakuyoshimoto
Jan 16, 2007 15:31:50 GMT -6

Post by hakuyoshimoto on Jan 16, 2007 15:31:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
You can say I am stranger, but I have lived her for a very long time. What is with the bottles?" Kimu asked twirling her hair. She walked around him, examining all the bottles. Wow, what a drinker. She thought. She pulled one of the bottles out of the little holder and took a sip. A look of disgust look came upon Kimu's face. "Whoa, this....this is pretty...good." She placed the bottle back and shook her head.
This user is a guest
ronin
Jan 16, 2007 18:04:10 GMT -6

Post by ronin on Jan 16, 2007 18:04:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yoshiro raised an eyebrow as she asked the question, looking at all the bottles. Then he laughed as she took one and sipped it with a that look. He then asked, "Aren't you a bit young to even try this stuff?" He asked, "And its alright, I only drink when I am doing a show and when I am fighting." His tone was in good humor, but somewhat serouis, makign it hard on deciding if he was telling the truth or not.
This user is a guest
hakuyoshimoto
Jan 16, 2007 19:05:47 GMT -6

Post by hakuyoshimoto on Jan 16, 2007 19:05:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"I am not young I am 16 plus how was I supposed to know that those bottles were filed with alcohol?" She sai dsmiling and spitting out the aftertaste. "I perfer water" She jokeingly said as a small laughter crept out of her smile. A show? "What do you mean when you do a, show?" She asked. Kimu stomped her foot on the ground and a small little rock platform came up out of the ground. She sat down on the rock and picking at it and engraving different letters in it. At that point, Sukai flew down and landed on Yoshiro's shoulder.
This user is a guest
ronin
Jan 16, 2007 19:23:50 GMT -6

Post by ronin on Jan 16, 2007 19:23:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yoshiro smiled once again at the girl and said, "Well, it does say Saki on each of the bottles. That means that it is alcholic. And you are young to be drinking unless they reduced the drinking age. Did they do that?" He gave a somewhat puzzled look then shrugged. "Oh well, I guess everyone likes something else. Personally, I like tea." What do I mean when I do a show?" He said, making it seem a bit more dramatic tone. "I am a master of fire and a eater of the flames."
This user is a guest
hakuyoshimoto
Jan 16, 2007 20:37:26 GMT -6

Post by hakuyoshimoto on Jan 16, 2007 20:37:26 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Think you can show me?" she asked in a playful tone while smiling. Kimu then quickly said, "What is Saki? I have never tried it before" She stood up and took the bottle. Kimu examined it, it smells like it is flammable?" She then quickly put the bottle back, "Eww how can you drink?" She asked laughing.
This user is a guest
Last edit by hakuyoshimoto: Jan 16, 2007 20:38:00 GMT -6
ronin
Jan 16, 2007 21:13:19 GMT -6

Post by ronin on Jan 16, 2007 21:13:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yoshiro smiled and said, "Its alchol, and as such it is somewhat flamable. It also helps when I am fighting a firebender, then he will light himself like a match." He said amused somewhat. "Besides, I like to drink Saki once in a while. Gives me wings I suppose would be a fitting statment." Then he said, "Well, I can drink it because I have gotten used to it and now I find its taste pleasent."
This user is a guest
hakuyoshimoto
Jan 17, 2007 16:24:53 GMT -6

Post by hakuyoshimoto on Jan 17, 2007 16:24:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Interesting" She said rubbing her chin. "You sure drink a lot, there is like 20 bottles on you plus that huge jug. Do you want to continue to walk?" She grasped his wrist and pulled him along just as soon as she asked the question. "So, where were you born?" Kimu asked as she let go of his wrist
This user is a guest
ronin
Jan 17, 2007 20:30:43 GMT -6

Post by ronin on Jan 17, 2007 20:30:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yoshiro then nodded but then raised a finger and said, "I actuelly have 22 bottles of sake, and two jugs of the stuff on my belt. Its good stuff when you get past the first stuff but nothing you want." Before he coud say anything further he was pulled along by the girl. "Whoa, you have a strong grip." Then he listened to her question. "Where do I come from? Well I could tell you that but I think it would be more fun if you could beat me in a contest of wits before I awnser that. What do you think?" It was many years since he played a game with riddles. "Heres one! What gets harder to catch the faster you run?"
This user is a guest
hakuyoshimoto
Jan 17, 2007 20:47:37 GMT -6

Post by hakuyoshimoto on Jan 17, 2007 20:47:37 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Uh......" I have heard this one before. She thought to herself. She looked around and poked her forehead. "Uh, your....Shadow?" She softly spoke still wondering about the question. Shadow that is so stupid. Kimu then turend around and faced Yoshiro. " What gets wetter the more it dries?"
This user is a guest
ronin
Jan 17, 2007 21:06:48 GMT -6

Post by ronin on Jan 17, 2007 21:06:48 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Close but no, it would be your breath," Yoshiro said calmly while he walked. Then he began to ponder about the riddle. Thats a good one. What gets wetter the more it dries? After while he said, "A dunno. I could guess a drink but that would be wrong. What is it?"
This user is a guest
hakuyoshimoto
Jan 17, 2007 21:19:16 GMT -6

Post by hakuyoshimoto on Jan 17, 2007 21:19:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"A drying cloth, duh" Kimu said smiling playfully. She lighty slapped is arm. One for me zero for him. "Did I win or what' kimu asked. They continued walking untill they hit the edge of the woods. They stood at the top of the hill overlooking the town. Kimu sat down and looked at the sun setting. It is so beautiful. She thought looking at both sun and back at Yoshiro. Her face lit up red.
This user is a guest
ronin
Jan 17, 2007 21:26:01 GMT -6

Post by ronin on Jan 17, 2007 21:26:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"I believe that we tied since we both got one wrong and neither of us guessed correctly, but lets not go into the matter of winning or losing, I just prefer to have fun," He said with a happy tone that only matched his grin. His spirits were high and they only went higher as he looked over the town from the hill. "Spetacular. Stunning." He glanced over at Kimu and saw her face light up red. "Huh? You alright? Are you sick or something?" He place his hand on her forehead to check her temperature.
This user is a guest
hakuyoshimoto
Jan 18, 2007 11:22:23 GMT -6

Post by hakuyoshimoto on Jan 18, 2007 11:22:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kimu giggled as Yoshiro placed his hand on her forehead. "I'm okay. Its just I have never seen the town like this....with someone else." She looked at the ships leaving and entering the harbor. The children playing on the beach. She scooted a little closer to Yoshiro and placed her her head on his shoulder. "and I have lived her for more then 2 years"
This user is a guest
dereni
Jan 18, 2007 17:27:48 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Jan 18, 2007 17:27:48 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Sori re-awoke in a hospital bed. One of the places he hated to be, he ahated having people stare at him, he hated nurses not leaving him alone, he hated not being able to be outside where Chinatsu and Haku were, and he hated that this time they locked the doors and windows. Sori lifted himself up on an elbow and looked outside. He had to get out, he needed to kow what happened.

The boy thought about breaking the glass but knew he'd get in a load of trouble for that. But didn't really care. Sori started moving from the bed slowly when the door opened and a nurse came in. The boy laid back down and let them bandage him up, all though he hated that too.
This user is a guest
ronin
Jan 18, 2007 18:17:42 GMT -6

Post by ronin on Jan 18, 2007 18:17:42 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yoshiro glanced at Kimu and noticed that she had inched closer and had put her head on his shoulder. He smiled and patted Kimu on the head saying, "Two years without someone else? That is a long time without any company, aside from Sukia. Glad to be that person who happens to be the one here with you." His tone was cheerful as he looked at all the people at the beach, playing and having fun.
This user is a guest