The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Kyoshi Island II

hakuyoshimoto
Jan 19, 2007 11:40:38 GMT -6

Post by hakuyoshimoto on Jan 19, 2007 11:40:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Thanks" She said smiling. Kimu looked around at the secenary. She gripped her stomach as a low grumble crept out. "I am hungry, what about you?" She asked. She giggled as she said, "I am sorry for ruining the moment." Lets go somewhere to eat. She pointed to a meduim-sized restuarant. "Thats the most popular one in town." Kimu said.
This user is a guest
ronin
Jan 19, 2007 14:24:21 GMT -6

Post by ronin on Jan 19, 2007 14:24:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yoshiro chuckled then noticed that he too was hungry. "Nah, don't be sorry. Now that you mention it, I am also hungry. Lets go by that restaurent. Its on me." He said with a broad smile. Then he stood up and helped Kimu up and then started down the hill to the restaurent saying, "What is it that you want to eat? I know what I want to eat. Beef, rice, and some vegetables. If they don't ahve beef, then I'll have some fish."
This user is a guest
luanshu
Feb 13, 2007 18:42:55 GMT -6

Post by luanshu on Feb 13, 2007 18:42:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Zhuan wondered the small town of of Kyoshi, her city appearance looking out of place among the simple island folk. If one would ask why such a person like her was here, she'd say she was on vacation. She decided to see the world rather than continuingly live in the first ring of Ba Sing Se, to see a place beyond that large wall. She learned of interesting current events here, like how there was a war going on for the past hundred years ("Damn, I missed out," she thought to this) and how the Avatar came back after his long absence.("Whats an Avatar?"). This simple town was beginning to get on her nerves, though. Sure, it was cleaner, but it was really boring.

Zhuan carelessly walked by a food stand whilst the manager of said stand had his back turned. In what looked like an elegant fashion, she scooped up a piece of fruit and took a bite out of it. She continued walking like it was no one's business or that she did such a simple steal. Too easy, she thought to herself with a smirk and another bite.
This user is a guest
Last edit by luanshu: Feb 13, 2007 21:06:19 GMT -6
saami
Feb 14, 2007 9:21:24 GMT -6

Post by saami on Feb 14, 2007 9:21:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Only been here three days, and I'm still causing trouble..." Xi thought to himself as he moved silently through the town square. His Fire Nation appearance made people wary of him. But, they were also confused by the fact that he had blue eyes instead of normal golden color.

Xi knew full well that the tea shop owner was going to notice he had left the shop without paying one red cent. And it wasn't that he didn't want to. Xi simply didn't have the money. This was the third time he had skipped out on a bill. The people of Kyoshi was bound notice sooner or later and come after him. So it was best to leave the island and head back to Omashu. Or New Ozai...whatever it's called. Besides, there weren't any signs of the earth kingdom soldiers anywhere. The one he was looking for was probably back toward Ba Sing Se by now.

Xi had been out on the road for a while now, searching for the earthbender who had murdered his father. He had long since buried his anger and sadness. Now all he wanted was revenge. Xi touched the hilt of the twin katana strapped to his back. It was his father's and it was going to be weapon he was going to use to strike down that earthbender. If he ever finds him.

Out of the corner of his eye, he caught the sight of girl stealing a piece of fruit. So he wasn't the only thief roaming the streets of Kyoshi?

"Excuse me miss?" He called, moving toward her. He smiled rather playfully and points to her fruit. "You plan on paying for that?"
This user is a guest
luanshu
Feb 14, 2007 18:25:12 GMT -6

Post by luanshu on Feb 14, 2007 18:25:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Tch," was the noise Zhuan made, lazily putting her hand on her hip whilst taking a bite out of her fruit in the other hands. She gave this fire nation boy a rather suspicious yet glaring look. This look from her eyes was only utilized to cover up her squirming insides from her nervousness for being around the opposite sex, and she'd rather not show weakness.

"No. It's not like I'm stealing from you anyway," said Zhuan coolly, taking the last bite and simply dropped the eaten fruit on the ground; it'll decompose.
This user is a guest
Last edit by luanshu: Feb 14, 2007 18:25:50 GMT -6
saami
Feb 14, 2007 18:32:03 GMT -6

Post by saami on Feb 14, 2007 18:32:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Had he offended her? "Hey no need to get snappy. I was only joking. You're not the only thief wandering about." He pointed to his chest as if he was proud of the fact that he had left a tea shop without paying.

"I've skipped out on my bill at least 3 times already." He watched her toss the fruit to the ground. He watched it roll a few feet away before he offered his hand in a rather goofy manner. "My name's Xi. What's yours?"
This user is a guest
Last edit by luanshu: Feb 14, 2007 18:33:07 GMT -6
luanshu
Feb 14, 2007 18:43:12 GMT -6

Post by luanshu on Feb 14, 2007 18:43:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Oh my, skipped three bills?," gushed Zhuan sarcastically, then she smirked,"only petty theives get up and leave a restaurant."

He asked for her name? She did an involuntary jaw clenching, pausing before answering. Zhuan in no way trusted this guy, thus she decided to avoid the subject.

"Well Xi," she began, acting like she never heard him ask for her name,"why is a little fire nation boy out here in Kyoshi?"
This user is a guest
Last edit by luanshu: Feb 14, 2007 19:15:02 GMT -6
saami
Feb 14, 2007 19:03:34 GMT -6

Post by saami on Feb 14, 2007 19:03:34 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Xi's eyes narrowed at her sarcasm. No one had ever spoken to him like that before and quite honestly, it was down right irritating. His hand returned to his side and he gave her a soft smirk. "Well my dear, nameless individual, it is customary for one to give one's name before they go prying into others' personal business," he replied coolly.

She wasn't the only one who could be arrogant and brash. Being the grandson of a retired Fire Nation general had that kind of effect on him. He clasped his hands behind his back and his smirk turned into a grin. "Now are you going to tell me your name or are you going to ask me more personal questions?"

Xi figured she would either tell him her name or scoff and walk away. Either way, he would be interested in her response.
This user is a guest
Last edit by luanshu: Feb 15, 2007 9:10:01 GMT -6
luanshu
Feb 14, 2007 19:13:36 GMT -6

Post by luanshu on Feb 14, 2007 19:13:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Zhuan gave him a cold stare, a similar temperature grasping her heart due to her childhood fears. She did not scowl, or wrinkle her face in disgust, she simply gave an unnatural stare through those light eyes. However, she decided to give her name, but she kept her cool posture with her head held regally high.

"Zhuan Hong," she answered calmly, her tone not matching the look she gave at all.
This user is a guest
Last edit by luanshu: Feb 14, 2007 19:15:38 GMT -6
saami
Feb 14, 2007 19:26:05 GMT -6

Post by saami on Feb 14, 2007 19:26:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Ah so she does have a name!" Xi exclaimed with a laugh. His snappy attitude melted quickly. Now to answer her question."I'm here from Omashu...or New Ozai. I can never keep the names straight. My dad was stationed there."

Xi purposly left out the fact that his father was dead and that he was seeking revenge.

"I was just exploring my new surroundings. It's a lot different than the North Pole that's for sure. My grandmother took me up there a couple of weeks ago to visit family and it was boring as crud."

He chuckled a bit; He was rambling again and he was sure it was boring his new aquaintance.
This user is a guest
Last edit by luanshu: Feb 14, 2007 19:27:37 GMT -6
luanshu
Feb 14, 2007 19:35:11 GMT -6

Post by luanshu on Feb 14, 2007 19:35:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"You have family... in the North Pole?" she asked in disbelief. A Fire Nation boy within the North Pole's rumored walls? This kid has to be lieing. Don't Fire Nation kids and Water Tribe kids steer clear from eachother? she thought to herself. Zhuan placed her hand on her hip once more, putting her weight on her foot on the same side of where she placed her hand. It gave off the vibe like she didn't care, but that Xi should be graced with her talking to him anyway.
This user is a guest
Last edit by luanshu: Feb 14, 2007 19:36:38 GMT -6
saami
Feb 14, 2007 19:44:08 GMT -6

Post by saami on Feb 14, 2007 19:44:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Xi knew she would react that way. Everyone does. Titling his head to the side, he smiled at her and explained part of his heritage. "My grandmother is from the Northern Water Tribe. My dad met and married my mother who was a waterbender and also from the Northen Water Tribe."

He shook his head and turned to Zhuan. "But enough about me. What about you Zhuan Hong? Where are you from?"
This user is a guest
luanshu
Feb 14, 2007 19:54:20 GMT -6

Post by luanshu on Feb 14, 2007 19:54:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Zhuan refrained from wincing after she heard her first name on that boy's lips. "Just call me Hong," she said rather harshly, a dark look flickered across her eyes before she maintained her cool and cold air.

"And I'm from Ba Sing Se," Zhuan answered, now more calmly. She hoped that he didn't ask any more beyond that; prying into Zhuan's personal life was deadly.
This user is a guest
Last edit by luanshu: Feb 14, 2007 23:00:38 GMT -6
saami
Feb 15, 2007 9:45:05 GMT -6

Post by saami on Feb 15, 2007 9:45:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
What is this girl's problem? Xi thought looking down at his bare feet. He ran his left foot along the ground before scratching his head and looking up at Zhuan. "Fine, Hong." He spoke softly as a gentle wind rustled his hair.

"I'm not interested in the money you probably stole. I'm not here to hurt anyone you may or may not care about. And I'm not here to hurt you. I've just been by myself for so long. And it was really nice to have someone to talk to. But I guess I should be on my way, shouldn't I?"

He moved to the side of Zhuan and began walking away. He stopped abruptly and turned back to her. "Hey, whatever happened to make you so bitter...I can't say I understand. But, I am sorry."
This user is a guest
luanshu
Feb 15, 2007 19:16:54 GMT -6

Post by luanshu on Feb 15, 2007 19:16:54 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"No matter how much one can see, undersstand, or feel sorry, it will not measure up to the predicaments I have partaken or witnessed," said Zhuan in her customary smooth tone, yet loud enough for Xi to hear because she didn't bother to turn around.

She began to walk away, she was done and she did not feel like talking anymore. An older male, someone in their 40s (Zhuan could not tell), ran past her. He stood, turned around, and called out towards Zhuan.

"HEY! You! Have you seen some guy in a fire nation garb?"

Zhuan smirked and turned around facing the older man.

"You're in luck, I have seen one. He's down a few ways in your direction. Can't miss him," said Zhuan, pointing down where Xi was walking.
This user is a guest
saami
Feb 15, 2007 19:33:58 GMT -6

Post by saami on Feb 15, 2007 19:33:58 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
She wasn't the only one with their share of troubles. She wasn't the only one in the world to have problems and someone needed to tell her that. Xi turned on his heels and looked at the girl's back. "You're not the only one in the world with problems girl. You can't expect to handle everything by yourself. You'll dig yourself an early grave if you do."

Such words of wisdom! Xi very rarily spoke like that and it bothered him that he did so. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he turned to walk away when he heard her giving him away to the stupid tea shop owner. Well crap. Xi was screwed if he didn't find some place to hide. But then a lovely idea popped into his head. He rushed back to Zhuan and in a sing songy voice, he spoke. "But sir, my dear sister," a quick glance to Zhuan alerted the man to who he was talking about, "Agreed to pay my bil. Didn't you sis?"

He smiled a horribly obvious fake smile at Zhuan. This may make her angry. But for now, this was the only way out that Xi saw.
This user is a guest
luanshu
Feb 15, 2007 19:56:44 GMT -6

Post by luanshu on Feb 15, 2007 19:56:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The old man turned to Zhuan, looking between the two to see a resemblence. She was about to walk away, but she turned around once she heard Xi's words. Her light eyes shot through Xi's water tribe eyes, and through that single moment's worth of eye connection, she revealed to him that he will pay dearly.

Zhuan put on a casual act once again, doing a shrug towards the man,"Dunno' what this crazy kid is talking about."

Suddenly, a smile played on Zhuan's lips, but it looked awfully unnatural. She unhooked her pouch, and small stones flew around her. Zhuan quickly clenched her fists, all the while the stones quickly flew inbetween her fingers, creating jagged edged, stone-knive.

"But don't worry sir, I'll take it upon myself to take care of him," she said, keeping her smooth tone but it was dark. This tone mixed with her twisted smile created a dangerous look, along with her swinging her right arm to throw four knives directly towards Xi.
This user is a guest
Last edit by luanshu: Feb 15, 2007 19:57:54 GMT -6
saami
Feb 15, 2007 20:04:38 GMT -6

Post by saami on Feb 15, 2007 20:04:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Didn't know what he was talking about? Well she was about to find out. "That's right sir. This is my dear old sister..." He looked around and notice Zhuan had already started walking away. His meal ticket was getting away.

She was going to take care of him? How funny and Xi snorted in response. Was she serious? Apparently so because four stone daggers were heading in his direction. "Oh crap!" He yelled. He drew his sword quickly and managed to knock away two of them. One struck his arm and the other was knocked to the ground completely.

So she was an earthbender. Xi was not pleased. Earthbenders were not among his favorite people. He glared rather angrily at her. There was no more room for talking. He thrust his fist out and heated blast of fire shot from his fist toward her.
This user is a guest
luanshu
Feb 15, 2007 20:14:36 GMT -6

Post by luanshu on Feb 15, 2007 20:14:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
She did a surprised gasp, stomping on the ground into a rooted stance, and lifted her free right hand up, all this in one quick motion to create some sort of dirt shield. Zhuan felt the heat above her head; her shield was deffinitely not big enough, but it protected her vitals well.

She dodged rolled to the side from her shield, coming up in a crouched position whilst she threw her left hands set of sharp rocks. Once out of ammo, Zhuan jerked her hands out to her sides, creating more inbetween her fingers.

This time, she was going for close combat, running up to Xi to punch him while she had stone-knives inbetween her fingers.
This user is a guest
saami
Feb 15, 2007 20:30:37 GMT -6

Post by saami on Feb 15, 2007 20:30:37 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Xi moved his arm quickly and long stream of fire stopped the sharp rocks heading in his direction. He was in no mood to lose this fight. If he couldn't have the earthbender that killed his father, this little girl would have to do.

He tossed his sword to the side. He was planning to use pure firebending to bring the girl to her knees. Xi's eyes followed her as she began moving toward him. "You are mine girl..." His voice was low and filled with malice.

He was going to make her wish she hadn't shown her earthbending abilities. He kicked his foot out toward her another stream of fire barreled toward her.
This user is a guest