The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Post-A-Thought

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 12, 2017 19:34:27 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
tenshio Avatar
Ooh, that's lovely. That's over 100 hundred times faster than what I'm working with. Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility. Use your new power well.

I'm hella stoked tbh. My previous connection with AT&T was 13 mbps. Which isn't quite so bad (I mean, it's awful actually but not like, dial-up awful) except for the fact that six people live here and each of us has no fewer than 3 mobile devices and the 13 mbps speed was only guaranteed for ONE ethernet connection.

IE: rip me trying to do ANYTHING if anyone else was online.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Apr 19, 2017 8:02:13 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 19, 2017 8:02:13 GMT -6

My nephew was born this morning =]
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 19, 2017 10:44:49 GMT -6

saypikapika Avatar
Apr 19, 2017 8:02:13 GMT -6 @saypikapika said:

congrats!!
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Apr 19, 2017 11:09:28 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 19, 2017 11:09:28 GMT -6

saypikapika Avatar
Apr 19, 2017 8:02:13 GMT -6 @saypikapika said:

Congratulations!
Anonymous
Apr 19, 2017 13:47:19 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 19, 2017 13:47:19 GMT -6

Thanks you guys =] It's kind of funny - he was past he due date and the labor took longer than expected. Turns out he's a big baby lol

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 19, 2017 15:06:54 GMT -6

saypikapika Avatar
Apr 19, 2017 13:47:19 GMT -6 @saypikapika said:
Thanks you guys =] It's kind of funny - he was past he due date and the labor took longer than expected. Turns out he's a big baby lol
:O Statistics? Length / weight / head circumference?
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Apr 20, 2017 5:30:45 GMT -6 via mobile

Post by Deleted on Apr 20, 2017 5:30:45 GMT -6

Hmm well tbh I don't have most of those numbers, and he wasn't especially big when I met him - seemed like a normal-sized baby to me (other than TONS of peach fuzz on his little head lol). His birth weight was almost 9 pounds which I'm told is kind of big.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 20, 2017 6:34:48 GMT -6

saypikapika Avatar
Apr 20, 2017 5:30:45 GMT -6 @saypikapika said:
Hmm well tbh I don't have most of those numbers, and he wasn't especially big when I met him - seemed like a normal-sized baby to me (other than TONS of peach fuzz on his little head lol). His birth weight was almost 9 pounds which I'm told is kind of big.

NINE POUNDS his poor mother. For reference both of my children were under 8lbs when they were born, which is a fairly average weight for newborns who are born on time (both were born within a week or two of their due date). I was a premie so I was a little over 5lbs as was my sister (both born 5 weeks early).

A friend of mine had an enormous newborn who was 11.5lbs at birth. My goodness your sister / sister in law / whatever your relation is a TROOPER especially being overdue. I was tired of being pregnant a month before my due dates never mind being late.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Apr 20, 2017 6:37:36 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Apr 20, 2017 17:10:14 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Aggravated my back at WDW yesterday but on the plus side at least I got through Epcot today, so I didn't miss anything!
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Apr 25, 2017 9:19:39 GMT -6 via mobile

Post by Deleted on Apr 25, 2017 9:19:39 GMT -6

Welllp I was wrong turns out the picture I saw wasn't 8lbs 13oz, it was 8lbs1oz with a random 3 after it :P so not quite so big. I was about to say, he doesn't feel that big, but this is the first time in a very, very long time that I've been around such a bitty baby :)
Anonymous
Apr 25, 2017 9:24:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 25, 2017 9:24:11 GMT -6

saypikapika Avatar
Apr 25, 2017 9:19:39 GMT -6 @saypikapika said:
Welllp I was wrong turns out the picture I saw wasn't 8lbs 13oz, it was 8lbs1oz with a random 3 after it :P so not quite so big. I was about to say, he doesn't feel that big, but this is the first time in a very, very long time that I've been around such a bitty baby :)

According to my mother, I was only 1lb 11oz when I was born, so what you're describing sounds huge to me. :P

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 27, 2017 18:04:19 GMT -6

8lbs isn't too bad but STILL. I hope she and the baby are doing all right.

Also I really want to watch the Capitals vs Penguins game but I am WORKING and that is a travesty.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Apr 27, 2017 18:24:05 GMT -6 via mobile

Post by Deleted on Apr 27, 2017 18:24:05 GMT -6

Yep they're doing well! He was a little jaundiced but he got some light therapy and he's been good to go :)

On another topic, how long does it take you all to post in an average thread? I ask out of curiosity, mostly since I feel like it takes me a long time lol
Anonymous
Apr 27, 2017 18:46:54 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 27, 2017 18:46:54 GMT -6

I have a lot of time on my hands, and am very easily excited by replies, so I try to reply within a day. Pretty sure that's atypical, though. :P

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 27, 2017 18:53:52 GMT -6

It depends on my work schedule and my overall mood. I can reply back to back sometimes, though it's rare, but usually it takes me a day or two to get back to someone. Sometimes it'll be longer because I'm just not in the mood or I'm preoccupied (crocheting projects and league of legends take up the other portion of my free time).
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Apr 27, 2017 19:18:03 GMT -6 via mobile

Post by Deleted on Apr 27, 2017 19:18:03 GMT -6

Thanks for your responses! How about start to finish time? Do you do your posts in one sitting, or more over time?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 27, 2017 19:31:46 GMT -6

saypikapika Avatar
Apr 27, 2017 19:18:03 GMT -6 @saypikapika said:
Thanks for your responses! How about start to finish time? Do you do your posts in one sitting, or more over time?

Tbh I constantly multitask so a post may sit there for a few hours before I actually finish it. It depends on the thread though, I find it harder to write as Ren in one sit through than I do Charu, due to the differences in their personalities.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Apr 27, 2017 19:46:49 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 27, 2017 19:46:49 GMT -6

I post in one sitting, usually. I copy and paste my partner's post in a word document, and type my reply below it in one go. Letting posts sit makes me uncomfortable, so I like to bang them out and put them up quickly.
Anonymous
May 1, 2017 9:48:14 GMT -6 via mobile

Post by Deleted on May 1, 2017 9:48:14 GMT -6

Thank you both again! (I say posting 4 days later lol) this is giving me a better idea of where i stand... which is pretty slow :P I don't have a ton of free time tho, and I like to get it all done at once

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 1, 2017 14:38:57 GMT -6

saypikapika Avatar
May 1, 2017 9:48:14 GMT -6 @saypikapika said:
Thank you both again! (I say posting 4 days later lol) this is giving me a better idea of where i stand... which is pretty slow :P I don't have a ton of free time tho, and I like to get it all done at once

lol I don't think that's a bad thing. i mean, i work from home with a pretty flexible schedule. half of the time i'm writing a post while working lmao.
This user is Mod