The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Pa Sing Sei

bahk45
Dec 4, 2005 20:32:33 GMT -6

Post by bahk45 on Dec 4, 2005 20:32:33 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Quan-Li marvelled at how big the city looked from the outside as they landed upon the ground before it. It was huge! Bigger than any city he's ever seen...but then again, he hasn't seen many big 'cities'.

Seven days flying cramped him up. As he stretched, he took some small rocks from the ground and began to twirl them just to keep his hand - and bending - busy. But when Karena said about the baby kicking, yet no cash to buy baby items, he pocketed the stones and again he rummaged around in his bag and brought out a medium sized sack - his family inheritance which was given to him before he ran away from his adopted family's home. It was all the money he had, and with a new arrival sometime soon, it was a good time to break it open!

"Karena, I think you could use some of this," he said as he untied the strings of the bag, dug around a bit, and brought out a few gold pieces which he handed to Karena. "That should be plenty to buy for the baby. I don't need us to be unprepared, and with a city like this, I'm sure we can stock up as well while here."
This user is a guest
clou
Dec 4, 2005 20:34:29 GMT -6

Post by clou on Dec 4, 2005 20:34:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Clou arrived at the entrance to the Earthbenders. He wore a dark-blue robe and kept his hood up for although he had no intention of harming anyone, he wanted to keep the fact that he was a firebender hidden.

'Hopefully I may find the wearabouts of the airbender here.' he thought.

This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Dec 4, 2005 20:36:32 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
OOC: Ty would be right.

Karena looked back and forth between Quan-Li and Goruhui as both men offered her money for baby. She stuttered slightly. "I can't accept this." She said. "It yours, not mine. I'll be fine." She told them. She did not think she could accept such kind gifts...
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jan 3, 2006 12:51:08 GMT -6
homac
Dec 4, 2005 20:46:28 GMT -6

Post by homac on Dec 4, 2005 20:46:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Hmm... fine then." Goruhui dropped the bag on the ground and began trekking towards the gates of Pa Sing Sei. "If you don't want it, then I don't either." He turned around and waved to the group. "I've got some business to take care of... you'll see me again by night fall..."

Over the seven days they spent in the air together, Goruhui had time to watch the group in silence... and maybe he'd been wrong about this Karena girl. She seemed to genuinely be a good person...
This user is a guest
bahk45
Dec 4, 2005 20:47:46 GMT -6

Post by bahk45 on Dec 4, 2005 20:47:46 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Oh, take the money. Trust me...you need it. On top of that, I have plenty of money here...." Quan-Li said as he dug around looking in the bag. "Umm.....40 gold pieces, or around there, some silver pieces, and some copper. Basically my inheritance. But, I'd rather share with my friends for stocking up on items we can use, especially baby items, than just let it sit in its bag for nothing." Quan-Li gave a big smile to Karena. "And besides, it's a gift, if nothing else. I'm sure you can buy more than just baby items with 5 gold pieces....maybe some nice clothes for yourself. You can't wear the shirt I gave you and your other outfit for too much longer."

(OOC: I almost forgot about the giving of an extra shirt Quan-Li had in his bag to Karena. Karena, hope your character has it on before we got here...otherwise you may have to hide under Appa's tail to change...LOL;) hehe)
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Dec 4, 2005 20:52:43 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Karena looked after Goruhui as he walked off, and picked up the bag, silently thanking him. She turned to Quan-Li, and gave him an easy smile. "Thank you very much." She said to him as she accepted the bag. "I apprecaite it. You're right, I do need new clothes. Besides, I put the shirt back in your bag. I'm not going to hide who I am, it'll only get me arrested for travelling under false pretenses. I do need new clothes, though. This robes aren't going to fit me for much longer." She sighed, and began to walk towards the city gates with Aang and Sokka.
This user is Mod
bahk45
Dec 4, 2005 21:18:04 GMT -6

Post by bahk45 on Dec 4, 2005 21:18:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Quan-Li shouldered his pack and walked with the group to the city gates. As they drew closer, the immensity of the walls astounded him. I can't believe Earth Benders made this city, he thought. But then again, with combining bending with others, it could be done.

He had in mind on shopping just for him, but considering with how the rest, including himself, looked, well...I think having some new stuff on the journey would help brighten spirits.

Quan-Li felt a little apprehension as the gates towered over them. He also knew that Karena was prone since she wants to go in as who she is, a Fire Bender. "Karena, don't worry. Even if I'm not familiar with the people here, I'm sure we can work out the difference if any problem arises."
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Dec 4, 2005 21:30:43 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Karena, Aang, and Sokka walked up to the gates, sure that the others were close behind, and one of the guards stood up. He took one look at Karena, and froze.

"Fire Nation!" He yelled, and Earthbended a rock over Karena's head.

Karena froze, and bowed to the guard. "I am a member of the Firebender," she said, "a member of the Fire Nation. I was banished two years ago for insolence and disrespect to the Fire Lord. I have now dedicated myself to helping the Avatar." She motioned towards Aang. "I will not be of any trouble."

The guard looked at the rest of the group, and said, "See to it that she's not." He told them, then let the rock flying off to the other side, and then he and the other guards open the gates.
This user is Mod
homac
Dec 4, 2005 21:34:32 GMT -6

Post by homac on Dec 4, 2005 21:34:32 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Goruhui had gone ahead of the group and quickly found his way to the place where he knew the pockets to be the heaviest... "Hmmm... and now for the right pigeon..." He thought aloud, scanning the crowd... suddenly a man in gaudy purple robes caught his eye. "Bingo..."

Casually walking his way through the area full of people, he gradually made his way closer and closer until.... Got it! he thought. Finding a secluded spot, he examined his catch... "Hm...hm... 3 Gold pieces! Nicely done Goruhui... although maybe you should stop with the stealing considering who you're traveling with..." Tying the bag to his belt, he decided he'd surprise the group early...
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Dec 4, 2005 21:41:00 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Karena, Aang, and Sokka walked in. Looking at all the merchant shops, Karena looks to Katara, smiling, "There's bound to be some things here for my baby." She told her. She had gotten to be better friends with the Waterbender, and appreciated having another girl around.
This user is Mod
bahk45
Dec 4, 2005 21:57:53 GMT -6

Post by bahk45 on Dec 4, 2005 21:57:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Quan-Li didn't like how the Earth Bender threw that rock. If he wasn't caught off-guard, he would have caught it and tossed it back where it came from. Sighing, he entered the town, eyeing the guards on their perches. He followed Karena until he spotted something he liked. A beautiful necklace carved in the likeness of a Yin-Yang, one side bloodstone while the other red jasper! That'd be perfect for Karena! Oh, and a larger sized dress of a perfect red! He went up to the merchant, an old lady who sat there sewing a garment up....which reminded him of his adopted mother. Will things always remind me of such memories? Shaking his head, he asked "How much for the necklace and dress?"

The elderly woman looked up. A bit plump, she wore her grey hair up in a bun on her head. "For both, 20 copper pieces"

Quan-Li took out a gold piece and a silver piece and handed it to the woman. "This should do." The woman bit into each, grinning and nodding. He took the necklace and dress and rushed over to Karena.

"Karena, I have something for you," Quan-Li said as he reached his arms out holding a folded red dress and the necklace.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Dec 4, 2005 22:01:45 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Karena looked at Quan-Li, and saw that he was holding out some things for her. Her eyes and her face lit up. "Thank you so much!" She told him, accepting them. "Oh, I love them!" She slipped the necklace over her neck, admiring it. He had chosen well, and it fit her perfectly. She looked at the dress. "This will fit me perfectly when I'm farther along." She said. She smiled at Quan-Li. "You didn't have to." She said. "But thank you." She put the dress in her pack, and walked on.
This user is Mod
clou
Dec 4, 2005 22:27:24 GMT -6

Post by clou on Dec 4, 2005 22:27:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Clou noticed the individuals who had just gone throught the gate into the city. Having thought to see a glimps of the Avatar in the group, Clou decided to follw and casually began to walk past the guards.

OOC: Forgive me, but I may not be posting as much later, got school.

This user is a guest
Last edit by clou: Dec 4, 2005 22:29:31 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Dec 4, 2005 22:51:59 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Karena walked by a stand, and spotted some baby things, clothes, a little cradle to carry that baby in, bottles... She stopped, turned, and looked at them. Aang and Sokka stopped as well.

The merchant looked at the group that stopped, and spotted the lady in front, who was obviously pregnant. "How far along are you, dear?" She asked her. She was an older lady.

Karena gave a soft smile. "5 months." She said.

"Are you hoping for a boy or a girl?" She asked her. "Where's the father?"

"I don't really care, as long as my baby's healthy." She told her. "As for the father, let's just say, he and I don't get along. It was an arranged marriage, and I haven't seen him since that night." Karena looked the stuff, and picked it out some neutral - neither boy nor girl - clothes, a bottle, and a baby carrier. She looked at Katara. "What am I going to do with all this stuff before the baby's born?" She asked her, amusement on her face.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 5, 2005 10:44:47 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 5, 2005 10:44:47 GMT -6

Kanea knew that Zuko would not be able to follow her in to Pa Sing Sei, she smiled as she walked boldly up to the front gate. A part of her was slightly paniced for one there was a few guards at the gate. She was wearing her black robes with the red trim.

Hello there. Kanea greeted the guards.
The guards took on look at her and saw that she was from the fire nation. Stop where you are. They yelled at her and levitated a huge rock over her head.

Kanea went to her knees as the boulder went over her head they could easily kill her. My name is Kanea, and I do not mean to cause any trouble. I was banished from the fire nation, I do not come here to seek a fight. All that I wish for is to be allowed in to meet a friend of mine. Kanea told them, as she fought with a wave of anger.

You have a friend that is here? The guard that was holding the boulder over her head asked her in a disbelieving tone. Fine, but I will go with you and if you are lieing to me then you will be thrown out. He then moved the rock from over her head and moved it to the side and put it down. Follow me. He told her as he opened the gates and walked though.

Kanea looked at him and nodded. I understand good sir. Kanea told him, as she stood up following him. They walked down a few streets, she saw a shop and asked him if they may stop for a moment she went in and purched a couple of baby blankets a yellow one and a green one. They walked for about ten more streets before Kanea saw everyone. She rushed up to Quan-Li, placing her right hand lightly on his arm.

Could you please tell him that I am with you? Kanea asked Quan-Li, her eyes begged him as she stood before him.
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Dec 5, 2005 10:46:01 GMT -6
bahk45
Dec 5, 2005 11:25:10 GMT -6

Post by bahk45 on Dec 5, 2005 11:25:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Quan-Li was grinning with the excitement of the moment with Karena. It seemed like she had a ton of stuff she wanted to buy, yet nothing to carry with. Maybe I should buy some larger packs for all the stuff, he thought, for the regular packs aren't just gonna do. He looked at his own pack, cocking an eyebrow at his own mishap. Even he needed a new pack. The one he had was old, used to belong to his adopted father's. Sighing, he was caught off-guard with the light touch on his arm.

Kanea stood there asking him to tell the guard that she was with him! It stunned him a moment to find her here. Dumbfounded, he waved the guard away. "She's with me. And I'll warn you now...if there's any more Fire Benders that says they have friends in here...they're definately not friends. So be on a look-out."

As the guard nodded and walked away, he took hold of her arms and stared into the depths of Kanea's eyes, then smiled, "hehe...I told you we'd see each other soon." And gave her a wink. Quan-Li took a look to Karena, who's arms were full of items, and sighed. He noticed Kanea's arms were loaded with baby items as well. "Kanea, want to walk with me a bit while we find some bigger packs to load this stuff in? Also, we can talk along the way." He paused, then continued in a whisper, "And maybe do a little catching up away from Karena...I feel she'll start arguing, and I don't need another headache." And he laughed a bit at that.
This user is a guest
mystery
Dec 5, 2005 12:04:12 GMT -6

Post by mystery on Dec 5, 2005 12:04:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Keelala strutted right through the front gate and the guards did nothingn but flirt with her. Keelala noticing their infatuation with her,"Hey cutie pies, have you the whereabouts of a great master of earth that I can learn from?" Keelala coyly asked them.
"Why golly we d-do." they stammered. "He don't like to teach nobody but keep goin north there'll be bum that'll be askin' fo' coinz and that'll be him. But im warnin ya he dont teach nobody!"
Keelala walked in the direction they pointed thinking "Im not nobody and he"s gon teach me real good or he will regret the day he denied me"
This user is a guest
redx
Dec 5, 2005 15:12:04 GMT -6

Post by redx on Dec 5, 2005 15:12:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Seph, right behind Keelala, he softly sighed shaking his head. He this time didn't have his trench coat, he wore his full leather ninja outfit (The one in the bellow picture.) He was abit in disbelief, so he shook his head and continued walking forward, as he meet up in the main hall he saw Kanea, Qua-Li, and one f the guards. He softly nodded walking over to Kanea and bowed his head, he looked back up as he leaned in.

"The necklace.."

No more words needed to be used, he just extended his hand and awaited her to returned was belong to him. It was a mistake to give her the necklace, cause he knew something was up.. But he prefer not making such a deal out of it, so he just awaited. He continued to shift his eyes to Quan-Li, scanning for any signs of hesitation. But he smirked under the cover and turned his vision toward the guard, who seem to have been furious cause he had entered with out permission, and he is a water bender, yet no one could have told for his appearance was different from a normal water bender.

The extended time was short, he was still in search of Aang and the others, he had a question in hand needed to be answered.
This user is a guest
Last edit by clou: Dec 5, 2005 15:53:53 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 5, 2005 16:07:44 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
"I will be "be like that," replied Katara to Sokka irritatedly.

When the guard attacked, Katara immediately uncorked her water skin and lifted the water out, prepared to defend Karena and the baby. She knew that Aang and the others could easily take care of themsleves; she was mainly concerned for the baby.

When Karena handled it, Katara returned the water to the water skin, her eyes glaring at the guard.

Goruhui and Quan-Li both gave Karena money to go shopping. "Yes!" said Katara excitedly. "Let's go let's go!!!!"

Entering the shop, Katara rushed to the clothes, oohing and ahhing at all the cute outfits. When they were done shopping, she followed Karena outside.

There they saw Kanea and Quan-Li. Katara wondered briefly, and with a small uprise of anger, what Kanea was doing there when suddenly a random man in a ninja outfit approached them and demanded that Kanea give him her necklace. What? wondered Katara. Who on earth is this guy? Who does he think he is? Something inexplicable happened then. Rage filled Katara; rage even greater than when Zuko took Aang's body while Aang's spirit was in the spirit world. She didnt know why she was so angry at this ninja man, but she didnt bother to think. Noticing a small stream next to the road a little ways off, she raised her arms toward in and waved them in the direction of the stranger, sending a jet of water whistling in the air toward him.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Dec 5, 2005 16:10:01 GMT -6
redx
Dec 5, 2005 16:53:04 GMT -6

Post by redx on Dec 5, 2005 16:53:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
There for, and after his misunderstanding with Katara, he noticed a sharp spark from the corner of his eye. A Shield of water arises from beneath him, covering his body and deflecting the uproar of water hissing from Kataras hand motion. After the attack was fended, he drops the shield and looks toward Katara, shrugging it off, he returned to looking at Kanea once more.

"My mothers necklace, please..."

He said with out hesitation, he used purifier vision to keep an eye on Katara, incase of another reckless attack. But he was focused on Quan-Li, something told him he wouldn't sit back and watch him fend of a comrades attack.
This user is a guest
Last edit by clou: Dec 5, 2005 18:03:46 GMT -6