The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Through the Fire Nation III

blink
Feb 24, 2007 19:00:57 GMT -6

Post by blink on Feb 24, 2007 19:00:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(*heads desk* You're going for your meddling Goodie-Two-Shoes Merit badge, aren't you Taed?)

Juraia's expression relaxed a touch, a satisfied smile gracing her features in the shadows of her hat. If the Lotus had been here, they would have been compelled to reveal themselves at that point in time or risk breaking the Pact. And THAT would mean chaos. The Veteran Hunter intoned to the others on the main floor, "Good. We beat them here. Kenji, Hokori, Miaka, take up postions in cover on the first floor. Relax but stay alert. I will wait here in the center for them to arrive. Once they arrive, I will speak for us until the fight begins..."

Anei frowned at Coer over her shoulder, mounting the stairs to the second level with all the speed and grace she could with her injured foot, blowgun clutched in both hands. She eyed the mouldering temple gear casting shadows in all directions on the clasutrophobic floor. She stalked towards the balcony, quietly calling to the Bender, "You have to relax. They would have emerged by now if they were by now. Resist and I will be forced to take action which you may or may not enjoy." She smirked at that last bit, eyes glinting mischeaviously in the dark.

Hokori nodded at her mother's words, half-running for the northren entrance to the temple, one hand near a punch dagger. The younger twin put aside her concerns, living in the present as she scurried into cover behind a vine-wrapped scuplture, squeezing into a comfortalbe niche where she woudl be invisible to someone outside the temple, but able to see a broad sweep of step... Best place to be.
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Feb 25, 2007 15:48:31 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Feb 25, 2007 15:48:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: Nope, Halaku. Just wait...

Coer turned very slowly and cast Anei a mild glare. "No jokes," he intoned darkly. "There is nothing funny about an unprovoked attack on Fuegan, or about how it had to be burned down. How I don't know how many Galgori had to up and leave because some Lotus Eaters decided to hunt us down!" Though he had tried to keep his voice down, it rose slowly.

"We have to play on their sense of honor," Taed said offhand to Di-Jei. "That's the thing that matters most to a Galgori. We play on their honor for them to not break the Pact, but at the same time manuever around the issue so that we don't have to pay retribution for the attack on Fuegan." He shrugged Akane's shoulders and looked around, still waiting for Beshimi to arrive.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Feb 26, 2007 12:01:36 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 26, 2007 12:01:36 GMT -6

Di-Jei opened an eye and glanced at her. 'If she says so... But I still have that bad feeling. The Galgori aren't trustful people. I want to believe Master Oki when she says that honor is the key, but I saw what they can do and I think their honor isn't enough.' He touched his daggers on his waist and then crossed his arms, looking forward. Di-Jei was getting bored by waiting. "When is Beshimi going to arrive ? It's so boring here !" 'If at least there was something to do. but I can't because Master Akane doesn't want me to move around.'
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Mar 1, 2007 12:33:22 GMT -6
blink
Mar 11, 2007 19:42:14 GMT -6

Post by blink on Mar 11, 2007 19:42:14 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Meh. Here I go.)

Anei stepped closer to Coer during hsi speech, ending up inches from his nose, eyes anything but amused. Her voice was a cutting whisper, heavy with memories, "And you think that I'm somehow unaware of that? I, who was raised with the story of a grandfather and two uncles dying at the hands of a Fire Nation purge diverted because of the word of a Lotus agent? My sister and I have killed seventy-two Benders in three years, by blade or poison or our bare hands."

She intensified her glare, "Bodies aren't the only thing sacrificed on the altar of our honor. Minds are broken, too, twisted by blood lust or drowned in dispair at the task we face. We Hunters survive by being able to filter away our true selves and become the warriors we need without sulliying what we are. And until you can understand that, not even honor will be able to save you from what the Long War can do to you."
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Mar 13, 2007 13:25:20 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Mar 13, 2007 13:25:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: Right. Back in action again.

Coer growled. "On our island, honor is exactly what the other person makes it. I was kidnapped away from my father, my last living relative. I was kept in a cage in the mountains for two years. I had to learn to fight in order to avoid being abused, and when I finally was powerful enough to escape, my father found me and we killed the insurgents with our bare hands. That may be nothing in numbers compared to you and your sisters killing benders, but it's what the Mothguaith call 'honor.' So I hope you're not implying that I'm without it."

He wiped his brow, covered in sweat, and added in the spirit of compromise, "We're both stressed and cranky. Let's get through this mission — together — and then we can start swearing at each other again." Coer looked into Anei's eyes and found himself eerily attracted (again) to the fire burning within them.

Taed heard Di-Jei's reply but he wasn't really paying attention. I'm getting anxious, Akane. We really ought to move before the Galgori get an ambush ready; the leader of the Challenge party didn't really agree with my method of trying to achieve peace. Where is your Beshimi?!
This user is a guest
blink
Mar 15, 2007 17:26:32 GMT -6

Post by blink on Mar 15, 2007 17:26:32 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Juraia rested on one knee, shrouded by her cloak and hat as she medatated on the past and the present and the future... She had been here before, one of six to round out a Challenge Party twelve years ago. This one would end in no ecalation and the death of the Lotus Eaters, yes, but it would not end in the destruction of HER Party. No. It would not...

Anei's glare didn't weaken one iota as she monotoned, "If I thought you were without honor. You wouldn't be worth my time. And I meant what I said." With this, a smile bloomed on her face, the older twin impulsively leaning forward for a quick kiss on Caer's cheek before spinning on her heel and heading into the darkness.

(Whee... Where are the Lotus? La la la la...)
This user is a guest
mukluk
Mar 15, 2007 17:57:19 GMT -6

Post by mukluk on Mar 15, 2007 17:57:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tenrai remembered now why she had not wanted to come here, despite the fact that it was crawling with Fire Benders ready to burn her to a crisp. She was highly distinguishable from other Fire Bender, even though her skin had darkened from many months spent traveling. The Galgori had to wear thick clothes to hide her own. Instead of simply striding in like a fool, she had to bind her snow white locks tight and hide them under a hood. The shadow hid her face, and so Tenrai was free to let her gaze wander from person to person.

When supplies ran low, and you didn't expect to come upon somewhere to restock, you had to take what was available. She had been going on without food for a few days, but with her stomach empty, she lacked energy and was vulnerable. Treading on Fire Nation soil, that was not good. Especially not for a bender hunter like herself. Her Tessen fans were tucked in her sash (which was also concealed beneath a large cloak, as her colors weren't the most popular and stuck out as much as every other part of her). They were ready to whip out and slash any challenger. Every sense tingled with awareness, every person a possible enemy. She avoided eye contact and simply approached the nearest stand. Bread would do well enough for now.

Reaching into her pockets, the hunter found a meager supply of coins and grumbled, tossing the coins onto the counter. "I'll take anything I can get with this, whatever comes in the greatest supply. So long as I get something." 'Some source of income needs to be found. Soon.'

However, she simply took the bundle of food offered to her and turned around, setting off. Every building could conceal an enemy waiting to leap out. The sooner she got out, the better.

Tenrai's stomach rumbled, and she sighed turning into an alley. Okay, after lunch then. Whatever worked. Sitting down, the Galgori pulled off a small portion of bread. 'A short lunch, not some leisure time. You have fasted this long. With a small bit more, it won't hurt to go on.'

Enjoying the rest for the small time it lasted, she took the first bit of food she'd had in a few days time, feeling some of the energy lost come back with each bite.

(( Wandering... Absently. Without a purpose. And trying to recover from my slack in RPing. :P ))
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 16, 2007 9:37:24 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 16, 2007 9:37:24 GMT -6

Di-Jei sighed. "Looks like we'll be stuck here for a long time, as long as Beshimi doesn't show even the end of his spikes. And I can't do anything, I'm not allowed to move out." He got up and took his broadswords. Then he realized something and just stuck them in the grond. "I bet I'm not allowed to train either, because it could alert their sntinels that we're here.... You don't even need to lecture me, I learned my lesson before coming." He couldn't even laugh at his own jokes. He just rubbed the Canyon Crawler's head so he wouldn't be excited or hungry, or even tired. Di-Jei was really getting bored. He wanted to blow some fire from his mouth, to exhale all his tiredness and boredom. But he couldn't, for the same reason as training was forbidden. And he could understand that. He wasn't idiot. He had already served in the army and the officers explained everything. When on a mission, it is important to remain stealthy and to keep yourself out of trouble until the moment to strike. Unfortunately, they weren't going to strike, this time.
kusari
Mar 16, 2007 17:57:27 GMT -6

Post by kusari on Mar 16, 2007 17:57:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Akane had been playing the waiting game, knowing that if they went into the temple now she probably wouldn't be walking out again. Beshimi must be having problems...perhaps he will show when we need him most. For now, we are spitting in the faces of the Galgori just standing here.. she thought, still unable to control her body. Conflict was almost inevitable in this situation, but perhaps this priest could mend the situation. At least, temporarily.

Hey! Priest! It is time. We can not wait for Beshimi any longer, we must face the Galgori now. Tell Di-Jei to stay behind, and be careful around the Galgori. There is no doubt in my mind that they have the scales weighed in their favor. Make sure he knows to keep track of every Galgori he sees and that he is prepared for battle.. she told Taed, trying to still have slight control over the situation, despite the fact that she wasn't at all in control.

After he short speech, Akane felt a wave of anxiousness hit her. She hadn't really realized until then the full inpact of the situation. If she died here today, the ranks of the Lotus would slowly but surely crumble. This could be the end of the Shadow War. This could be the end of the Order.

This user is a guest
taedxoa
Mar 18, 2007 7:00:00 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Mar 18, 2007 7:00:00 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Understood, Taed mentally saluted to Akane, and looked at Di-Jei. "I understand, Di-Jei. We'll just have to go without Beshimi. I will go ahead myself. Approach silently from the trees around the east face and stay as far away as you can while still keeping an eye on me. I have an ace up my sleeve but I may not get the chance to play it."

He began to ride Akane's mount up toward the temple, but then stopped and called back over her shoulder, "If I'm knocked out, come in as quickly as possible and identify me as 'Tayd.'" A snap of the reins and the mount ran quickly up the hill toward the temple. Akane... I wish us both good luck. As he rode, he had another thought. Why do the Order and the Conclave hate each other so much?
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 18, 2007 17:03:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 18, 2007 17:03:08 GMT -6

Di-Jei felt revived. He jumped on his mount. "Sir ! Yes, sir !... As Tayd ?" He looked at the trees. He was sure there were Galgori warriors waiting for them in it. 'I'll just have to send the dragonfly to watch for any danger around, and then I'll lead my mount inside and follow Master Oki from tree to tree.' First, he launched the dragonfly in the woods. He was going to wait four minutes and then head in. "Canyon Crawler, I hope you know how to be silent, or these guys may eat you." He wasn't sure if the crawler had understood but he was still going to follow the orders. He was a little worried, and almost afraid. He wasn't really afraid of dying, because he had developped a kind of medicine with Firebending, and also because he didn't care about what he had to lose. He was afraid of losing. His pride and trust in the Order were more important than his own life. He didn't really think he was worth living. All he had wanted was a nice and tranquil life, but he was just born to not have it. He was ready to do everything. 'One and a half minute left.'
blink
Mar 19, 2007 18:20:08 GMT -6

Post by blink on Mar 19, 2007 18:20:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Heh. Go time. Galgori... Let us begin. Minor timeskip.)

Hokori spotted the shadow of a movement from her perch just within the temple entrance, scrabbling down and further into the complex over the broken fixings once she confirmed the outline of a Firebender female atop a riding lizard. The younger twin whistled long and lowly, seeking to alert her fellow Hunters and keeping in cover.

Anei had found a suitable sniper's nest by now, the shaft of her weapon peaking out through the railing on the third story of the structure. A single glistening dart rolled back and forth between her thumb and forefinger after the call, ready to be loaded and fired once 'talks' ended as expected... Death to the Lotus.

Juraia smiled at the signal, the Veteran Hunter rising from her crouch and giving each of her ground support a simple nod. She adjusted the wide-brimmed hat again, light green eyes fixed on the opening from which at least one Lotus agent would enter this most sanguine of holy places. The irony stirred her to a last, flickering smirk as she considered the mixed blood that these stones had drunk.
This user is a guest
Last edit by blink: Mar 19, 2007 18:20:49 GMT -6
taedxoa
Mar 20, 2007 7:11:50 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Mar 20, 2007 7:11:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Akane breathed long and smoothly, trying to release some of her nerves. Except of course that it still wasn't truly Akane; it was Taed. Though by now he was pretty sure that part of both of them had come together to form some unique individual, one that hopefully had the power to keep this confrontation from escalating. Something that worried this new individual was the fact that there was only one Lotus member backing him/her up. But that was a risk she/he had to take.

Here we go, Taed spoke mentally to Akane as he had her body step off of the mount and begin the trek into the temple. He stopped just before he passed the threshold and waited a moment, and then called inside, "Juraia, veteran Hunter of the village of Fuegan. The party of the Order of the White Lotus has arrived, and one seeks to answer. Call from within if you are ready to meet with me." There was a pause and then he added, with some amusement, "I wouldn't want to enter if your assasins aren't quite in position to kill me off just yet."
This user is a guest
blink
Mar 20, 2007 8:40:31 GMT -6

Post by blink on Mar 20, 2007 8:40:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Juraia frowned at the fact the emissary knew her name and the strange... humor with which she had broken the silence. The Veteran Hunter stood in the center of the circle, a clearly illuminated figure shrouded in cloak and wide-brimed hat, hands hidden under her garb as she adjusted her gloves one last time. She tilted her head at the female Bender, keeping the traditional words of the Pact, eyes gleaming in the shadows of the hat brim.

"We Galgori have come according to the laws of the Pact, to discuss matters by word, flame, and blade that our kin may be spared full war between us. I will speak for my people, and you will speak for yours until the time for words ends. Enter and let us begin."
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 20, 2007 9:41:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 20, 2007 9:41:08 GMT -6

'Three... Two... One... Let's go.' He shook the reigns and the Canyon Crawler ran forward, but it was different from before: it was a controlled move, it was quiet, almost smooth. The Crawler seemed to have understood what Di-Jei meant. The dragonfly came back, apparently disturbed. Di-Jei jumped from the saddle and landed on a branch. The Crawler climbed on a big tree and sat. Di-Jei jumped to his tree and whispered in the creature's ear. "Watch me. Focus on me, and when I whistle, you hurry and get me back. OK ? You get me back !" Then he exhaled smoke on his hands, and put the soot on his clothes. These were the only things on him that were too bright. Fortunately, the trees were high and gave him the darkness he needed to be stealth. So there were no problem with his weapons shining.

He headed towards the big tree tat was closest to the temple. He couldn't see much things from where he was. Therefore, he couldn't tell where the enemies were hiding. 'If only I could bend light... At least they don't know I'm here, I'm invisible... From here, I can see that Master Oki is alone in front of the temple. and there seem to be someone inside the temple. She's watching that someone.' He caught the dragonfly in his sight. He made some signs with the hands to tell him something and the dragonfly took off. It landed on Akane's shoulder, and then it went on the roof.
windrider
Mar 20, 2007 16:39:30 GMT -6

Post by windrider on Mar 20, 2007 16:39:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Miaka stood up slightly from the corner where she had retreated to, nodding once to the Juraia, she maintained her posistion, staying within the shadows for the moment.

She listened to the voice that called into the temple to Juraia, wondering how it was they had known her name. Reaching down she reassured herself that her whip and blades were all in order. Her fingers itched for a fight, blood was owed and she would gladly let it flow, from the Lotus of course.

She waited, she would not move until Juraia gave her the signal to, there was no sense in jumping the gun. Calmly she breathed slow, measured breaths. Soon it would end, either in words in blood, she was hoping for the latter.

This user is a guest
taedxoa
Mar 20, 2007 20:35:14 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Mar 20, 2007 20:35:14 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Coer twitched, and gave Anei an odd look. His eyes were filled with question: why would an emissary of the White Lotus sound so unserious in this sort of situation? Did it imply she was overly prepared for this, that the Galgori were outnumbered? He turned his glance back down to Juraia and watched patiently. Suddenly something clicked. This couldn't be... no... he wouldn't...

Taed stepped forward without hesitation, but inside he was a little nerve-wracked. That sounded poetic. Did I forget to ask you if there was a formula to these confrontations, Akane? He brought the elder bender's hands together and bowed low. "Forgive that little humor on my part, honored Huntress. In these stressful times I believe our peace can be better achieved through relaxed discussions." Akane rose again and looked Juraia right in her eye. "According to that formula of yours, you are given the honor of the first word."

Coer rolled his eyes and narrowed them at the obviously female, obviously elderly, White Lotus member on the floor with Juraia. "...shia Keir Sae... ci por. Thes."
This user is a guest
blink
Mar 21, 2007 0:26:41 GMT -6

Post by blink on Mar 21, 2007 0:26:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Anei looked back over her shoulder at Coer, raising one eyebrow at the Bender even as she slipped the dart into the blowgun, ready to take her first shot.

Juraia was vaguely confused, first by the continued informality of the Lotus Agent, secondly by the... off impressions she was getting, and finally by the, given the situation, use of the word peace. If she didn't know any better... Ko, this was not the time for stupidity.

"Very well then, Nameless Emissary. If you wish to abandon the ritual of the Pact, so will I," monotoned the Veteran Hunter, removing her hat and holding it in her hand, "A Hunt including my daugthers has attacked twice in so many days. For that, you attacked and then retreated from one of our villages. A simple matter. Therefore, I propose the oldest and simplest of terms. We will not escalate. You will not escalate. Those of our two 'Peoples' who are gathered here today will fight, the winning side will spare one loser to report the defeat and the terms, and that will be the end of it until you seriouslly transgress against us again, or we seriouslly trangress against you again."

The hat was sent gentlly skimming aside, landing in the shadows beyond the light, Juraia's voice soft and cool as poisoned wine, "What say you?"
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Mar 21, 2007 14:35:54 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Mar 21, 2007 14:35:54 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Taed stroked Akane's chin thoughtfully. "It's Master Akane, by the way. I apologize for failing to properly introduce myself, since I already knew who you were."

Akane's hand fell and Taed spoke fluently. "Oldest and simplest of terms, you say. My memory's not what it used to be, so I'll take your word for it that it has been done before. But if that's the oldest of solutions that we have, and there are still so many problems between us, I hardly call it a solution. Not to mention, if I had come alone... which you probably doubt that I did, and rightly so... I would automatically be the one that you spare to send the message back. A flawed idea."

Taed leaned heavily on the doorframe. "Juraia. I did not come here to fight. Master bender I may be considered, but you know as well as I do that bending does not automatically indicate superiority. In many cases I'd argue that it actually makes a person less of a person. And so, I actually intended to come here and speak. Not fight. There's got to be some other way to ensure this doesn't happen again."
This user is a guest
saami
Mar 21, 2007 15:51:31 GMT -6

Post by saami on Mar 21, 2007 15:51:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
They had made it? The guard had let them pass? Li Mei wanted to faint in excitement. She exhaled again and smiled at Yi as he kissed her forehead. "I can't believe we made it..." she whispered. She was scared to turn around and look back at the city. So instead she hugged Yi and squeezed him gently. "I am so happy we made it." She pulled away from him and looked around, thankful that she didn't have to stare at the ground anymore.

Now on to the port...but where was the port? She looked up at Yi and grinned at him. "You'll have to lead the way. I have no idea where the port is." she said, relief evident in her voice. She felt so much better now that they were outside the city. Now all they had to do was get on the ship and they were home free. She looked at Yi curiously. She didn't know Yi's father was a merchant...She decided not to question him about it though, afraid that he would get upset. Maybe later when they were in Gaoling or at least on Earth Kingdom soil.
This user is a guest