The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Fire Nation Waters II

ninavask
Dec 21, 2006 13:48:02 GMT -6

Post by ninavask on Dec 21, 2006 13:48:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
As they entered the room Chang told his guards to stay outside and make sure no one else entered unless deemed necessary. He turned to Tze and heard their offer. He took a seat but until the matter was finished he would not eat. He sat with his elbows on the arm rests and his figners crossed infront of him as he thought.

"Normally I would say that was a useless gesture you did to catch the Pirates. But it actually told me something."

Chang said. His voice was even and unthreatoning. As a matter of fact is sounded almost... praising. As if he was complementing Captain Tze's choice. But that wasn't true he wasn't complimenting he was just stating a fact.

General Li's eyes stared at Tze. They didn't make eye contact though. He was checking Tze's Body language and how they where poised. He'd already noticed they where nervous. But that's not what he was looking for. He was looking for any sign of fear. Fear was the main way someone could tell another was lieing. But of course for a person of Li's stature most had a right to fear.
This user is a guest
yi
Dec 21, 2006 14:04:40 GMT -6

Post by yi on Dec 21, 2006 14:04:40 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Azulon[/i]

Tze didn’t know how to take the General’s response. Tze tried to shake his fear away, but succeed only slightly. Tze couldn’t understand where this fear was coming from. It’s been twelve years since he felt this type of fear. Tze took a deep breath, and decided to explain his reasoning. He knew he would have to be debriefed sooner or later.
“I was ordered by the high command to travel to the Earth Kingdom to assist General Rouz. I was ordered to take command of this ship and take it to the Earth Kingdom. Once there the ship would return to its original orders, and returned to patrol. Everything was going well until we encountered a suspicious ship leaving the harbor. Since there was a lock down at the harbor, and the ship had no identifiable markers, we trailed the ship to see its heading. The ship touched land shortly on a deserted island, about 10 miles due east of here. At this time, I received a message from the Admiralty, informing me that the ship was piloted by an escaped fugitive, and that they have in their possession a kidnapped daughter or a very well respected noble family., informed Tze as he handed the official scroll from the admiralty to General Li.

“ We immediately flew our colors and moved to intercept. We managed to get one volley off before we were attacked by waterbending I have never seen before. We received damage to our engines and weapons systems. We had to break pursuit and waited for you to rendezvous with your fleet” , reported Tze, meekly. He knew it sounded stupid, but it was the truth. Sigh swallowed unsteadily, trying to read the General’s response. It probably would have been easier to read a brick wall.
This user is a guest
ninavask
Dec 21, 2006 14:10:25 GMT -6

Post by ninavask on Dec 21, 2006 14:10:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Chang listened intently then when Tze was finished he looekd over the roder report. They where not lying. That was good. Li returned to thinking for a moment then spoke. his voice even.

"What you just told me, along with what was obvious from the enemy. Aparently the Earth Kingdom and Water Tribes are reuniting their Navys. This is a hunch but I beleive that was a scout ship. Why else would there be Waterbenders on board?"

Chang explained looking at Tze with a stare as if he was reading a book. All Chang needed now was to figure out where the ship was going before they lost pursuit. But that would have to wait. It didn't matter where the enemy came from. What mattered was what was in the sky. The light was still blotted out by the moon and that definatly ment trouble for the Fire Nation if an attack by both the Water Tribe and Earth Kingdom came.

Chang continued to pnder this for a moment. As if forgetting that Tze was there.
This user is a guest
yi
Dec 21, 2006 14:26:42 GMT -6

Post by yi on Dec 21, 2006 14:26:42 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tze noticed slightly that General Li was in deep thought. “We assumed that it was a pirate ship, due to the manner at which it was sailing. It was far better handled then any scout I have ever seen” , informed Tze, trying not to break the General’s concentration.

Tze nodded slightly to Captain Chou, who quickly brought over a large map. “We are here, just east of west of our territory” , spoke Tze, pointing to a red dot on the map. He then moved his finger to a dotted black line, a few inches north of the red dot. “This line represents the last known course of the pirate ship, bearing 096, heading straight to the Earth Kingdom, but they could have changed course. Our Navigator says that given their current course and speed, they will be able to dock in 3 possible ports within the next week. And possibly other hidden ports along the coast” , added Tze, waving his hand along the Western border of the Earth Kingdom.
A young officer approached Captain Chou and whispered something quietly into his ear. Chou’s face lost its color. He turned to Tze and bowed slightly. “Excuse me sir, Two messenger hawks just arrived” , replied Chou as he waited for Tze to respond. Tze nodded and the XO left quickly to retrieve the messages.

This user is a guest
Last edit by yi: Dec 21, 2006 14:29:19 GMT -6
ninavask
Dec 21, 2006 14:49:14 GMT -6

Post by ninavask on Dec 21, 2006 14:49:14 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Chang looked at the map as Chou left. His eyes scanned where Tze had showed him and he spoke quietly.

"Unless... of course they have a fleet in waiting somewhere between here and here."

He says. Putting a finger from just outside the range of the Azulon's sight and to about 3 inches fromt eh earth Kingdom boarder. Which would translate as only 20 miles away. If he was right... they might have a fleet there. If he was wrong... well it doesn't hurt to be cautious.

Li's eyes continued to scan the map thinking of all the possiable ways to defend if possiable and to make it seem like you aren't. Yet there was somethign egging in the back of Chang's head. What was it.
This user is a guest
yi
Dec 21, 2006 15:33:20 GMT -6

Post by yi on Dec 21, 2006 15:33:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tze sat quietly as he waited for Chou to return with the messages. Part of Tze feared what was in them. He did his best to hold back. Tze saw General Li studying the map, and decided not to break his concentration. He slowly got up, fixed his armor, and proceeded to the window. He gazed outside at the men on deck, as they scurried on, doing whatever they were doing.
The sound of footsteps filled the quiet air as Chou returned with the two scrolls. “One is from the admiralty addressed to you and General Li. , informed Chou as he handed on of the scrolls to Tze. Chou got close to Tze and whispered into his ear. “This one is from High Command, addressed to you, marked urgent and confidential” , finished Chou as he stepped back and handed Tze the other scroll, covered with wax seals and official markings.

Tze nodded to Chou and opened the scroll from the admiralty. Tze carefully read the message and walked back to his chair and sat down. He opened his desk drawer and placed the one from the High Command in the desk and closed the drawer. He returned to reading the letter. Not to his surprise, it wasn’t good news. Tze sighed and sat back in his chair, and handed the letter to General Li.
“We are to proceed onward once all repairs have been made. We are to intercept the suspect ship, and retrieve all and any Fire Nation property. I have been given command of securing the hostage, and returning her back to port, as well as information retrieval from the pirates. My previous orders have been canceled” , started Tze, almost ashamed to say what was next.
“And you, General Li… Have been given full tactical command of all naval operations...”, finished Tze as he sat back in his chair. “You are ordered to peruse, engage and capture the suspect ship at any cost , added Tze as he leaned back further in his chair. Part of him was glad that he was no longer in command; he was a soldier, not a sailor. The other half was ashamed, he failed miserably, and he only feared what was in the other scroll.
Tze stood up and saluted General Li again. “As Commander of the Azulon, I herby turn this ship over to you. General, the Azulon is now at your disposal”, informed Tze, still standing at attention.

"congratulations"
This user is a guest
saphirefire
Dec 21, 2006 15:45:44 GMT -6

Post by saphirefire on Dec 21, 2006 15:45:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Okimi's eyes widened and began to water. She couldn't believe her ears. Not only was she dealing with the pain of the fact she may never see her brother, Kaito was rejecting her brother also. Okimi's head dropped and she placed her head in her palm. Kaito was the closest one to her. And she was scarred he was going to reject to her. And she wasn't sure if she could handle that. The stress of the past day was starting to consume her.
This user is a guest
genome
Dec 21, 2006 15:57:56 GMT -6

Post by genome on Dec 21, 2006 15:57:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kaito had never meant to offend her, but he wasn't going to take back what he said; he was too stubborn and too arrogant. He stood up and looked at her, "Im sorry, and I'm not taking back what I just said." He walked away silently. Okimi and him were always close since they meant, even though been a day. He checked their progress.
This user is a guest
saphirefire
Dec 21, 2006 16:16:25 GMT -6

Post by saphirefire on Dec 21, 2006 16:16:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The Orleander

Okimi shook her head in her palm. She pulled back her palms and rubbed a few tears that had leaked from her eyes. She faced Kaito, "Its okay" She squeaked out as she lied. Okimi tried to push the emtion from her. She knew he couldn't take back what he said which made it hurt more because he meant it. She knew his passion of hatred for the Fire Nation must burn hotter then the flames she produced. But no matter how much she had to realize that. It killed her to know that he didn't accept all of her...
This user is a guest
lunarstars
Dec 21, 2006 16:46:07 GMT -6

Post by lunarstars on Dec 21, 2006 16:46:07 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
((I'm going to skip ahead a few hours...))
Kange sat up and rubbed her eyes, 'Did I fall asleep?', she asked herself. She walked into the kitchen and saw that Hanamaro had fallen asleep, staring at the ceiling.

Suddenly feeling a little play ful she walked over to him and gave him a light kiss on the forehead, then tried to make a fish soup.
This user is a guest
roax
Dec 21, 2006 16:50:06 GMT -6

Post by roax on Dec 21, 2006 16:50:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hanamaro woke up when he felt somene kiss his forehead. He opened his eyes to see Kange and he quickly fully woke up. He saw that she was trying to make soup again so he got up and walked over to Kange giving her a light kiss on the cheek and said "so your going to try and cook again. Hope this goes better then your last try."
This user is a guest
ninavask
Dec 21, 2006 16:59:31 GMT -6

Post by ninavask on Dec 21, 2006 16:59:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Chang stood up when he heard what the messages said. And when Tze handed over the Azulon he was almost surprised. It took a second but he nodded and spoke.

"Thank you. Now as my first order have every mechanic not currently working on the engines to help and step on it. You captain are to take the Decimator and prepare to set out on the Pirate Ship's last known trejectory. Leave a couple ships with the Azulon for defense but take the rest with you as you search the Coast. When the repairs are finished we will join you."

Chang said standing with his hands behind his back. One hand reached over to a wine cup and poured some in it. He offered it to Tze.

"As a thanks for setting up this meal. We can't let it go to waste."

He explained with a slight grin that didn't seem to fit the man.
This user is a guest
lunarstars
Dec 21, 2006 17:26:30 GMT -6

Post by lunarstars on Dec 21, 2006 17:26:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kange smiled and blushed a little at Hanamaro's kiss, she stirred the soup. She closed her eyes, feeling a little weak because of the missing sun. She said softly, her voice reflecting the weakness within, "Yes...I hope so..."
This user is a guest
yi
Dec 21, 2006 18:14:04 GMT -6

Post by yi on Dec 21, 2006 18:14:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Azulon

Tze forced a smile, as he nodded and took the glass of wine. “I agree; shall we eat?” , replied Tze, trying to sound as happy as possible. While General Li wasn’t looking, he quickly downed the glass of wine, and forcefully placed it on the table. Tze walked over to Chou and looked him straight in the eye. “Inform the bridge, every engineer not working on the engines, is to be assigned to work on the engines” , ordered Tze quietly. Chou nodded and left the room, leaving Tze and General Li alone.

Tze walked over to the small table and picked up some food. He returned to his desk and sat down. He tried his best to eat, but wasn’t really that hungry. His mind was too busy thinking about everything. Tze looked back at General Li.
“I have a small request… if it’s not too much to ask sir” , started Tze, hoping he would get the response he wanted. “I respectfully request that Captain Chou remain my XO while I’m on The Decimator . I’ve come to trust his judgment and reliability and it would further my pursuit if I knew I had someone by my side that I can trust fully” , asked Tze, as he poured himself another glass of wine.
This user is a guest
Last edit by yi: Dec 21, 2006 18:14:49 GMT -6
genome
Dec 21, 2006 18:16:00 GMT -6

Post by genome on Dec 21, 2006 18:16:00 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
saphirefire said:
The Orleander

Okimi shook her head in her palm. She pulled back her palms and rubbed a few tears that had leaked from her eyes. She faced Kaito, "Its okay" She squeaked out as she lied. Okimi tried to push the emtion from her. She knew he couldn't take back what he said which made it hurt more because he meant it. She knew his passion of hatred for the Fire Nation must burn hotter then the flames she produced. But no matter how much she had to realize that. It killed her to know that he didn't accept all of her...

The Orleander
Later on, as the sun began to set Kaito watched the horizon. The sky was a collage of oranges and yellows, and a warm breeze blew through his hair. The aroma of salt water lingered in the air. The Orleander would reach Gaoling by dawn.

He sighed and squinted, trying to see the end of the current. They still had some way to travel. I guess I should tuck in for the night. he thought. Kaito walked to his cabin silently, it had been a crazy day, and he was exhausted.

The smooth silver wood creaked under Kaito's feet as he walked through a hall in the lower corridors of the ship.
This user is a guest
bugcatcher
Dec 21, 2006 19:14:23 GMT -6

Post by bugcatcher on Dec 21, 2006 19:14:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC:It's hor durves

Orleander

"Gee...will you two quit flirting with each other? I'm here too, you know," Tao said sarcasticly, half disgusted. "Flirt when you're alone, for cryin out loud! Now then..." Tao walked back into the lounge and fell right asleep, snoring loudly.
This user is a guest
genome
Dec 21, 2006 19:17:33 GMT -6

Post by genome on Dec 21, 2006 19:17:33 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The Orleander
While he turned a corner through a new hall, Kaito remembered what Tao said earlier. He wasn't flirting, even though he was flirtatious and flirted with every girl he met, he wasn't flirting with Okimi, he was serious.
This user is a guest
saphirefire
Dec 21, 2006 19:33:26 GMT -6

Post by saphirefire on Dec 21, 2006 19:33:26 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The Orleander

Okimi had left Kaito to go up to the crows nest. She liked it up there, she felt as if she were flying. The solitude and the peace calmed her down. Her black eyes though searched the seas and thought of her brother. She had avoided thinking of him so long she never thought it would be calming to think of him. She thought about the many times they spent together. Her most fond memory was when she was 7 and her brother took her down to the ocean to go swimming. She was swimming and she saw an army vessel come into port. She told her brother that she wanted to go out on one. Her brother told her that when he was old enough that he would buy a boat and him and her would sail to the tip of the Fire Nation and back. Sailing the open seas. She closed her eyes and smiled, "If only you were here it would be just as we planned..."

After awhile Okimi climbed down from the Crow's nest and headed towards the lower decks. Her milky white skin had started to burn and hurt on her face. She looked up and saw Kaito still where he had been when she left him. She sighed and walked down towards the lower decks. She stopped in the hallway and turned around, "Where do I sleep?" She asked her self looking around. She sighed and leaned against the wall sliding down the wall till she was sitting.

After a few minutes she saw Kaito walk down the hallway. She let out a heavy sigh before saying, "Where do I sleep?"
This user is a guest
bugcatcher
Dec 21, 2006 19:37:38 GMT -6

Post by bugcatcher on Dec 21, 2006 19:37:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The Orleander

Awaking several minutes later, Tao got up and lit a candle, noticing it was dark. Looking through the window in the room, he saw a glowing black orb in the sky in place of the sun in a dark sky. "Eclipse? There's an eclispe? Oh well," clearing the thought, Tao poured himself a drink,returning to the couch he previously lounged on and drinking a glass of liqour. "To pirracy," Tao said, making a motion as if clanking his glass with another and spilling some of it as he drank.
This user is a guest
genome
Dec 21, 2006 19:41:18 GMT -6

Post by genome on Dec 21, 2006 19:41:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The Orleander

Kaito hadn't noticed Okimi there since he was thinking. He turned to look at her, "Well, the cabins are just around this corner. Besided in the Captain's Quarters, there are two beds in a room, three in one room. You can choose any room you want, their all big and luxurious." With a yawn, he sat next to her. "I'm sorry about earlier..." He had down some thinking, and realized it was rude and mean to say something about someone someone else loved. Outside, the stars glistened in the black vast sky.
This user is a guest