The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Fire Nation Waters II

taedxoa
Sept 6, 2008 17:56:29 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Sept 6, 2008 17:56:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Coer refused to wake up at Anei's first touch, thinking it was just a dream since she had holed herself in that cabin — but the jostling continued and he reluctantly opened one eye to see a sad smile and hear words spoken through emotional pain. As she withdrew back into the cabin, leaving the door open, Coer seriously considered going back to sleep. I might prefer our sulky solitude to whatever news she has for me... he thought. But no, she needed comforting too. He drew his slight frame off of the seat of the chair and shuffled into the cabin, shutting the door behind him.

As the waves gently rocked the Blaze, wire-thin strands of sunlight fluttered throughout the room from miniature holes in whatever material the ceiling was composed of. It was like being under an autumn tree in a moderate breeze, except that it was darker, danker, more closed-in, and smelled considerably of both seawater and Anei's increasingly-familiar fragrance.

Coer turned from closing the door to find, to his dismay, Anei on her knees as if about to —- Ko help him — cry? He yelped in protest and dove onto the floor in front of her, placing himself on his knees as well and placing his hands on either side of her face. He slowly raised her head and kissed her on the forehead. "Anei, what the hell are you doing? It can't be that bad, can it? Did you... have you heard something about your family in Terra-— Criaga that you haven't told me yet?" He fought the urge to just wrap his arms around her and hold her until she felt all right, knowing that she would need to share whatever was plaguing her mind before she could be comforted.
This user is a guest
blink
Sept 12, 2008 17:17:36 GMT -6

Post by blink on Sept 12, 2008 17:17:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(My bad. Tee hee. Hope this is up to par.)

Anei was slightly startled at Coer's cry and touch, blinking up at him, sniffing a little, the harbinger of her total breakdown building behind her crumbling mask. It hurt to see his concern, his love, his fear that it was something happening to *her relatives* which was ravaging her discipline. The bitter irony of that idea and what might follow... She choked down an embryionic sob, intent on getting this out while she could.

"Oh, Coer... If it was only that... I would endure Koh's Hell of the Faceless to change..," she half-moaned before going flat, "Mothguith has been reduced to embers and ashes by the Firelord, declared traitorous by Firelord Ozai. A fleet of our Cutters managed to evacuate most of your people to the mainland and our villages, but some stayed behind to distract the Fire Navy forces, including a few of the priests... A Hunt sent to investigate afterwards found nothing but death and destruction in the wake of the invasion, every building demolished."

The young assasin looked away from Coer, closed eyes leaking tears, "...Master Inoue told me the night we left the outpost, ordering me to get you out of the Fire Nation and... And.... not tell you until we were in the Earth Kingdom, if then. As a Hunter, I am required to obey, and if you come to harm or caused an incident because I told you... I would be severely punished. But I can't lie to you anymore about this, Coer."

"I love you and... I'm sorry and..," she choked down down another sob, knuckles white and finger nails digging into her pants, "...You probably hate me for keeping this from you and... I just couldn't lie to you anymore, hate the fact I could hide it until we boarded even if lying is what I need to do as a Hunter... And... I'm sorry, Koh damn me, I'm sorry..."

Anei sits there shaking, now letting the tears come as she lowers her head to the floor, palms up on either side, in ritual submission and completely open to a blow, expecting one for her role in this mess."
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Oct 1, 2008 15:14:51 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Oct 1, 2008 15:14:51 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: And now after nearly three weeks, HutualMatred RPGs in conjunction with The Avatar RP are proud to present... my crappy reply!

It was in Coer's nature to listen patiently to everything that someone in need had to say. Otherwise, there would have been numerous interruptions that would have changed his final reflection on the entire speech. For instance, some sort of panicked screaming would have been involved.

Instead, however, at practically the first words that came out of Anei's mouth, Coer was frozen stiff with anxiety, sadness, rage, and a larger mixture of emotions so potent that he felt as if he was bursting at the seams... Mothhaudh Island... ashes? But Anei kept going and Coer couldn't get a denial or anything else to come out of his mouth as he listened, horrorstruck. And then, the conspiracy — Anei forced to play an unwilling part in the orders of the higher-ups, given the commands by a reserved and detached Master Inoue, curse her a thousand times... but still he could not and did not speak.

Subconsciously he registered now that Anei was still talking, saying she... what? Loved him? But how? Irrationality, the greatest temptor of the young and inexperienced, drove him to a different conclusion. How could she love him, and lie to him? How could she think it was for his own good? How could she choose her stupid rules over what they had... what he thought they had?

Consciously, however, none of this mattered. His thoughts were in reality consumed with Ozai... the bastard who sat on the throne of the Fire Nation. He was the one who condemned his island, his family, to die. Anei, and yes even Master Inoue, couldn't really be held responsible for the destruction of his people... they could only be held responsible for saving him from being a part of it.

He made his decision. Coldly, even a little brutally, Coer grabbed one of Anei's wrists and yanked her up to her feet. He held her close, and said clearly, "Thank you. You saved my life. Now I want to go end Ozai's, but what's important is that I am alive to want it, and that I'm with you. If you'll stay with me til the ends of the earth, then I'll gladly let you save me as many times as you want." And he kissed her fiercely on the lips.
This user is a guest
blink
Oct 1, 2008 15:40:26 GMT -6

Post by blink on Oct 1, 2008 15:40:26 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(I was torn between posting 'lol' and 'ahhh' byt your post, so I shall settled with a reasonably restrained 'squee' of pleasure.)

Anei's tumbling mind was too shaken to resist Coer's crude grapple or to fully understand the impact of his words imediately. The Bender's *kiss* however gave her a solid, blazing anchor to hang the tatters of her composure around, his body something to cling to and wrap around, a pillar of angry strength miraculously not directed at her when she felt so unfamilarly lost.

And that, in the wake of her emotional damburst gave her the time she needed to think and understand his words by the time she broke the kiss to bury her face on his chest.

"Coer, thank Koh... I... I'm sorry, and... Thank you. In Terrakoto, there are... as many Hunts as you could want to go on, many Fire Nation soldiers in isolated patrols, and I'll... Always help you. Always, always, always," she gushed quietly before emotion, a tide of returned relief and affection, rose up over her and she all but lunged up to kiss him again, one hand anchoring in his hair to pull his lips down to hers.
This user is a guest
Last edit by blink: Oct 1, 2008 15:41:26 GMT -6
taedxoa
Oct 2, 2008 11:09:05 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Oct 2, 2008 11:09:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: Oh, what sort of karmic destiny crap have we pulled ourselves into now? Haha.[/size]

The return of his feelings, coming from Anei, gave Coer the final strength he needed. Inwardly he would mourn for Mothhaudh, his father, his village, his friends across the island — for days, maybe weeks. But knowing that he would always have Anei, and she would always have him? That was a powerful thing. Coer was defined now by two things, and only two things: his love for Anei, and his hatred for almost everyone else.

"We start at the port," Coer muttered irrationally but seductively as he held her close to his chest and leaned his lips near her ear. "We do it right, and nobody will realise that the Fire Nation scum manning this boat were dead before we disembarked, until we're a long ways away." He could see it in his mind's eye, an artful and considerably brutal surprise attack in the captain's cabin at the instant that they docked south of Terrakoto, and only a minute or two to sneak back to their own cabins and look ready for a normal departure.
This user is a guest
blink
Oct 2, 2008 12:28:57 GMT -6

Post by blink on Oct 2, 2008 12:28:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Anei leaned back a little from the embrace, brown eyes measuring Coer's. She shook her head mildly, offering soft censure with her grim smile, "No, Coer. There are better ways to ensure a ship's crew is dead on a voyage. I have three vials of dusk spider extract, and some antidote in my gear. Pour the poison in the water barrels and save the antidote for us... The slow, painless poison will have the crew dead a few days after we dock without treatment. None the wiser."

"Blood can wait and must wait if a Hunter is to remain effectly anoymous at times," she finished, "but for now..."

Anei lunged back up to kiss Coer before he could object, one leg shifting to pull the Bender off balance so that he would fall backwards onto her bunk with her on top and things could get... interesting after this period of gloom. By Galgori Law, there were few things forbidden her long as she did her duty, and she had someone who made her feel like trying some of the more... amorus of them for herself outside of Hunter's stories she and Hokori had overheard.
This user is a guest
Last edit by blink: Oct 2, 2008 22:15:46 GMT -6
taedxoa
Oct 5, 2008 13:17:48 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Oct 5, 2008 13:17:48 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Some sort of crazy woman leapt up and attacked Coer's face full-on — which was a much more pleasurable experience than that sounded like. Furthermore, she was smart, and she had managed to move one of his legs out from under him. He fell, as was undoubtedly the intent, and Anei fell on top of him. "Not fair," he wanted to laugh, but his mouth was rather occupied at the moment.

In a final, semi-frantic moment of clarity before he gave into the particular demands of his body, he shot a small flame at the door and hit his mark dead-on, pushing the bolt into the lock position and welding it shut just weakly enough that the door would stick. If anyone was foolish enough to try and get in, that is.

"I seem to remember pointed references to plans here on the boat involving me shirtless," Coer managed to say in-between glomps, moving his arms around to Anei's back and holding her close.
This user is a guest
blink
Oct 5, 2008 13:42:19 GMT -6

Post by blink on Oct 5, 2008 13:42:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Pointed comments I was too tired to process at the time and intent to make up for now," whispered the yougn assasin, writhing a little as his arms played over her lower back through the fabric of her clothing, a dark, full smile on her lips. Her thoughts began to tumble in an all together more plesant sea.

She leaned forward to run her lips over his for a few teasing seconds, leaning back up to pull her overtunic off and to one side, leaving the long-sleaved black shirt below to more clearly display the lines of her trained body. The overtunic hit the ground with a muffled thud of metal and cloth, Anei coming back down for a more through liplock, hands tracing Coer's chest in tight little circles.
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Oct 11, 2008 10:54:45 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Oct 11, 2008 10:54:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Coer grinned. This was more fun than he'd had in a long time. The idea of Anei channeling all her pent-up anxiety and frustration into love-making was... well, a pretty awesome idea, albeit frightening. At last, with nobody around, especially her mother...

Thankfully Anei removed one of the articles of clothing that was getting in the way of anything particularly intimate. Coer slid his fingers under the hem of the remaining fabric, flexing his fingers in a light rippling massage that moved up her spine underneath the black shirt. Her love was the biggest advantage he had in this situation, and he would patiently bait her until she couldn't bear it anymore, and then... well, they might have to do some heavy repairs to her cabin.

OOC: Cut! Print it! But not here. Per conversation with Halaku, we are timeshifting and location-shifting to Earth Kingdom T/V. See ya there.
This user is a guest
Last edit by blink: Oct 11, 2008 10:57:04 GMT -6
Anonymous
May 27, 2009 15:48:49 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 27, 2009 15:48:49 GMT -6

((2200! WHOOT! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D))

En route to the Capital City

Sea travel was the most common form of long distance travel in the Fire Nation. The land was mountainous, and didn’t prove to be very enjoyable, especially when considering the steep hills and sharp declines. With that in mind, it was no surprise that Shio was seafaring, again.

The rocking of the ship was surprising soft, almost absent. It astonished the young man that a ship of this size could ride the waves so smoothly. Shio touched the wooden frame, it was smooth, and reminded him of the Earth Kingdoms ships he had once traveled on. They were still using really old materials back there. It wasn’t surprising the majority of the Earth Kingdom was still in the Stone Age when compared to the Fire Nation. With the war over, maybe that would change. No, it wouldn’t change. Shio knew deep down inside that the war was pointless. It took him a long time to realize that fact, but he now knew it. The Fire Nation was never going to spread its prosperity as his father once told him. Lijin and Yu were right, they were just fighting for territory, but now that they had the world, would they ever stop?

Some spray brought the boy out of his stupor. It was salty, like most of the sea water; and like all the water that had wet his frame it quickly moved off of him. Shio stiffened, looked around…no one noticed. Good, he didn’t need any extra questioning. The waterbender sighed with relief. He had grown too accustomed to the freedom in the Earth Kingdom. Over there he was judged by his looks, then again what person wouldn’t judge him for his father’s qualities. Golden eyes, light skin and dark hair were the markers of Fire Nation. In the Earth Kingdom, his skin was his hindrance and his bending his savior…here it was a different story.

Shio turned his head with the wind; the Great Gates of Azulon were back in that direction. They passed those a few hours ago. It was dark, but even in the absence of light their presence couldn’t be ignored. He would be in the capital city in a few hours. The sun would be up too, and judging from the light blue stain from the back, the sun would be up too. He wasn’t tired, he would get rest come the next night.
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: May 27, 2009 15:49:56 GMT -6