The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Fire Nation Waters II

Post by Gia on Dec 6, 2006 13:43:26 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Travel the waters of the powerful Fire Nation, but be wary - the Fire Navy traverses these waters, so be careful if you're not Fire Nation, as they do not take kindly to outsiders...

OOC: If you need to see the last thread, here it is, linked to the last page: Fire Nation Waters
This user is Mod
kenaka
Dec 10, 2006 13:15:48 GMT -6

Post by kenaka on Dec 10, 2006 13:15:48 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kenaka walked outside to the deck of his boat,
'Men, prepare yourselves, just incase any other nations try and invade, now, time for training,'
Two men walked forwrd,
'Ready,'
'Yes, General Kenaka,'
Kenaka swooped hisright leg up and shot a fire blast at the one man, then with his left leg he blasted the second, then using his fists unleashed another two, knocking the men off their feet.
'Ill be in my room,'
He walked off to his room
This user is a guest
ninavask
Dec 13, 2006 14:15:35 GMT -6

Post by ninavask on Dec 13, 2006 14:15:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Chang "Sun" Li sat at the bow of the capital Fire Nation Navy ship in a small fleet of thirteen warships. They had just disembarked from a siege on the northern tip of the Earth Kingdom. He was returning home because his campaign was complete.

As the Brigadier General sat at the lead of his ship he heard the clakcing of boots walking across the metal hull to him. Over the roar of the ocean around him he could hear the boots. And in his experiance that ment this was important.

"What is it Lietenant?"

Chang asked not looking back as he sat in his bronze ornate throne like chair. He had hand made this at a refinary in the Fire Nation. He prefered to make things himself but he hadn't found the time recently.

"General, there is another fire navy armada near by. Do you wish to Rendavouz?"

The Lietenant asked stifly.

Chang thought a moment. Running his long fingers over his bony chin then shook his head.

"No. If they wish a Rendevouz they will send a scout. Now leave me."

He heard the clacking again as the Lieteneant walked away to send this informaiton to the captain. Chang smiled slightly and stood up from his chair. He stood straight and put his hands behind his back. His appearance in his seat was that of an old crippled man. But standing up he radiated power. His boney face and golden eyes stared at the ocean.

Chang wore normal Fire general armor with some altrications. The Fire across his abdominal guard was half covered by a sash that went shoulder to waist. His leg armor was covered over by a red cloth sash. His hair was back and like most had the little stub pony tail but aside from that it was perfecly slicked back. His face showed signs of battle and his age. He was a man of few words yet he could control a fleet of ships easily. He had attained the rank of Brigadier General for exactly those reasons.
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Dec 14, 2006 9:20:11 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Dec 14, 2006 9:20:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Commandeering a boat, a man in a cloak so dark red it was almost black began to sail around in the bay just off the Navy Shipyard's boundaries. In his hand he clutched a small wooden disk inscribed with a bird lit on fire, a phoenix. "There's no chance of them catching me if I sail away," he muttered. "I just hope that my comrade is getting away as well."

The man looked around for signs of trouble and started slightly at a number of warships heading into the Shipyard from the direction of the Earth Kingdom. Now he was trapped between the mainland and this fleet, in a small boat with water everywhere around him.
This user is a guest
denmar
Dec 14, 2006 13:59:06 GMT -6

Post by denmar on Dec 14, 2006 13:59:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Denmar entered the Fire Nation Waters only to find an ambush . Two minutes later it was a dead ambush . Dento lit the left over sea serpent meet they gained on fire and they ate it . When Dento went to sleep Denmar thought about how they could not die. The pheonix reborns its self when it dies . Also when Denmar entered Ken-do's body he was locked inside and became a living corpse . Then they pulled into port .
This user is a guest
ninavask
Dec 14, 2006 16:31:30 GMT -6

Post by ninavask on Dec 14, 2006 16:31:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Chang continued to stand at the bow of his ship. In the distants near the Fire Nation Shipyards he could just barely make otu a boat. He stared at it again. For some reason finding it suspicios. But as he was planning he felt a slight coldness fill him and his eyes... filled with dread as the sea began to darken. He spuna nd stared at the sun. Or where it should be. He stared and watched as the black form of the moon began to pull infront of the Sun.

For a while the Fire Nation Brigadier General stared. He stared at the black shape over taking the sun until it was fully blocking it out. He couldn't beleive it but he knew what it was. He stared at the see and in a shody attempt he shot a fist out. Nothing happened. He tried it again. His body proved it. It was the Darkest day in Fire Nation history again... A Solar Eclipse.

"No..."

Chang said slowly. Looking back at the sun. His face was filled with dis belief but slowly his thought returned. He had to prepare. This was their greatest dis advantage. If they where attacked this day... They would never be able to regain their power in the world. The Earth Kingdom would aim for the heart of the Fire Nation. He knew this and he would have to help lead the Admirals and other Brigadier Generals to defend the greatest nation on the planet.

This thoughts where passing in Changs mind as he stalked up to the Bridge. His midn returning tot he ship out by the bay.

"Captain. Bring us close to the frigate and command them to return to their dock. Have the other ships make a baracade around the docks."

He ordered. The Captain nodded an acknowledge ment and relayed this to the communications officer. The rumble of the engines was heard as the ship steemed toward the bay.
This user is a guest
lunarstars
Dec 14, 2006 19:36:28 GMT -6

Post by lunarstars on Dec 14, 2006 19:36:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kange cooked the fish and sauce for roughly and hour, occasionally muttering to her self, when somthing wrong happened.

When she took the fish out of the oven and set it on the table she sat down and put her head in her arms, "I think I burnt it..." and made a guesture towards the blackened fish.
This user is a guest
roax
Dec 14, 2006 19:48:19 GMT -6

Post by roax on Dec 14, 2006 19:48:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hanamaro looked at the fish and said "well this was your first try. It's not like you were supposed to get it right away." Hanamaro looked at the fish and then back to Kange and said "if it makes you happy I'll eat the fish." Hanamaro didn't really mind eating bad food for he had to eat his food a lot and he wasn't a great cook.
This user is a guest
lunarstars
Dec 14, 2006 20:08:28 GMT -6

Post by lunarstars on Dec 14, 2006 20:08:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kange turned a light shade of pink and tried her 'creation'.

She burst out into a humiliated laughter ashamed of her pile of ash she , "It tastes like charcoal!" her face was now completely red.
This user is a guest
Last edit by lunarstars: Dec 14, 2006 20:09:48 GMT -6
kai1
Dec 14, 2006 22:33:56 GMT -6

Post by kai1 on Dec 14, 2006 22:33:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kai sat at the back of the small boat, steering its course through the choppy waters. His black hair was whipping behind him. He turned to Susanoo and Shikio. "Where are we?" the earthbender shouted over the roar of the wind. He looked forward, a small speck of land in sight. His ostrich-horse, Chiba raised its head. He patted it. Where are we going? he wondered. He hoped the land was a refuge for him.

Shikio sat at the bow of the boat, looking ahead silently. He didn't bother talking to the other two. He heard Kai yell out something. He turned and shrugged, signalling he had no clue where they were. We are bound to be ambushed out here, he thought with a sigh. A dark shadow was then cast over the waters and boat. He looked up, a black sphere blocked the sun. "A solar eclipse..." he muttered. He turned to the genius of the group, Susanoo, whom was moving the sails to catch the wind. He nodded at him and pointed at the eclipse.

Susanoo pulled at the ropes, shifting the ropes to port. The water was a deep blue as he gripped the ropes tightly as Kai sailed. He hear Kai yell at him and pulled a map from his bag. He let go of the ropes for a second and read the map as best as he could. "I think our coordinates place us...here," he said to the earthbender, struggling to grip the map as the wind pounded it. "Oh, no! We seem to have found ourselves in Fire Nation territory!" We shpuld turn around before we get ourselves.." he stopped as he saw the moon cross in front of the Sun. It turned dark, and an eerie feeling passed over the boat as it slowed to a stop in the water. An eclipse? Now? he thought worried. He remembered what happened in the North Pole and bent over the side of the boat, moving his hand and watching water snake up and shake. He sighed, it hasn't affected him. It then struck him. If a Lunar Eclipse makes waterbenders defenseless, and we gain our power from the Moon. Then that means, a Solar eclipse...[/i] "Guys!" he shouted, startling Chiba into nearly knocking Kai off the boat, "The Solar Eclipse might stop the Firebenders from bending! Like it did to waterbenders! Sail forward Kai, we're hitting land!" Kai must've thought he was crazy, becuse he gave him a puzzled look, but obeyed.[/color]
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Dec 14, 2006 23:22:58 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Dec 14, 2006 23:22:58 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The robe-clad man in the boat shook nervously at the sight of the eclipse. Desperately, he tried to create a flame, but to no avail. His hands didn't even warm up. "Oh no, he moaned, stuffing the phoenix tile deep into one of the pockets of the robe. A few words from off a nearby boat drifted to him across the wind, and he realized that the solar eclipse would cut him off from firebending.
This user is a guest
ninavask
Dec 15, 2006 6:31:10 GMT -6

Post by ninavask on Dec 15, 2006 6:31:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Chang watched as the boat pulled parellel with the small freighter. The other boats where already docking. But there was something strange about where the boat was.

Chang personally wanted to see what the person was doing. He walked toward the edge of the boat's life boat area and jumped out. He was close enough that it wasn't far down and when he landed he instantly saw the robe clad being. His broadsword was clappsed by the palm of his hand as he walked over. The sword was in it's sheeth but beging to come out.

"Head back to your dock. It is the day of Black Sun. We must prepapre for an assualt."

Chang said this with every ounce of the authority in his veins. And for a Brigadier General that was quite easy.
This user is a guest
roax
Dec 15, 2006 7:13:01 GMT -6

Post by roax on Dec 15, 2006 7:13:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC:When is the solar eclipse going to happen for us.

"It can't taste that bad" Hanamaro said. Hanamaro got up out of his chair and walked over and tried a piece. Soon after putting it in his mouth he got a horrible taste in his mouth but didn't let it show. After a bit of chewing he swallowed it and said "it doesn't taste that bad. I've tasted much worse." He knew he was lying but he was trying to make Kange happy, but for the most part he was telling the truth, he has tasted worse.
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Dec 15, 2006 8:07:40 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Dec 15, 2006 8:07:40 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: The eclipse was supposed to begin for everyone the moment that Halaku sent out the announcement. If you want to post out of it you must have put *after eclipse* at the top of your post, otherwise you're technically in it :)
This user is a guest
lunarstars
Dec 15, 2006 17:53:03 GMT -6

Post by lunarstars on Dec 15, 2006 17:53:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
((I don't know...maybe....suddenly the moon passes over head and Kange feels a little odd..... when they walk out of the cabin....or somthing))

Kange stil red stopped laughing, she looked up at Hanamaro, "Comon it taste horri-"

She stopped aburptly, somthing didn't feel right, but she couldn't put her finger on it, it felt like someone had blocked off a piece of her heart, suddenly alarmed she jumped up, "Did you feel that? What was it?"
This user is a guest
kgal
Dec 16, 2006 7:59:38 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Dec 16, 2006 7:59:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
{May I join the search for the missing Pai Sho piece? If not, I'll just remove this post.}

Daisetsu post:

FREAK BLIZZARD IN OZAI the headline had read. Snow in Ozai? the man had thought, shaking his head in disbelief and wonder. What's the world coming to?

Dai didn't really like snow. It was too... gross for his taste. It was too cold and always unexpected. And everyone loved it. Now, it wasn't as if this artist despised the snow itself. Just the whole idea of snow, the idea of winter. As everyone knows, if there's snow on the ground, it's their natural instinct for people to want to sleep.

And Daisetsu was an insomniac. Poor him.

So, he stayed away from the Fire Nation controlled kingdom. No harm, right? But, he wound up finding himself in the Fire Nation anyway. At least it wasn't snowing here... Nice, warm weather greeted him. Anyone traveling from here to Omashu will be in a for a big surprise, the man thought to himself, smiling.

Dai looked out across the tranquil waters. It was dark outside, though still warm. Yes sirree, it was The Darkest Day. *Bum, bum, buuuum!* The day where firebenders lose their powers to the solar eclipse! The artist looked down after hearing a crunch beneath his feet. Snow? he immediately thought.

He was rewarded with the sight of another newspaper. The man stooped to pick it up. It must have been a secret organization's pamphlet, considering that it was very small and only had one article. PAI SHO PIECES MISSING it said.

Dai snickered. Wonderful... one half of the world is ending by snowstorm, the other by missing pai sho pieces. He couldn't help but be a bit sarcastic. But he read through the article once - twice - before he realized that you couldn't play Pai Sho properly without all of the pieces. Dai thought for a moment.

Supposedly stolen by Fire Nation... Help desperately needed... Great reward... *I need a great reward...* he thought, thinking about his empty money pouch. Then the thought occured to him. I'll rescue one of those Pai Sho pieces! He struck a valiant pose, then began to march off in the direction of a very confused looking man on a boat in the harbor.

Dai cleared his throat to call out to the man, whose boat appeared about thirty meters away from where the artist stood, on a cliff. In case, though, he clasped the hilt of his hand-made rapier that hung on his belt. You never know when you'll need such things... "Excuse me, sir, but I'm looking for a certain object. I was wondering if you could help me with my search."

{*psst!* That's your cue, T.X.!}
This user is a guest
Last edit by lunarstars: Dec 16, 2006 8:16:17 GMT -6
kai1
Dec 16, 2006 13:55:47 GMT -6

Post by kai1 on Dec 16, 2006 13:55:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kai saw something up ahead. "Hey, Sailor Susanoo!" he yelled out with a bit of sarcasm, "there's something up ahead!" He looked in the direction of it and saw what it was. Two boats docked at a harbor, but one looked abnormal. It was part of the fire nation. We need to turn this boat around! he hought frantically. He tried to steer the boat way, but it was jammed. They were headed in the direction to their utter demise, into the clutches of the fire nation. He frantically pulled on the rod that steered the boat, but it wouldn't budge. He looked again to the darkened sky, he knew what would happen now. "Susanoo! We need to get out of here!" he yelled at the waterbender.

Susanoo saw it too, not needing Kai's sarcasm to point out the obvious. It was a boat, but of te fire nation. He heard grunts and saw Kai try to turn the boat, but it was stuck. Hetook down the mast to slow them down, but it was no use. They were too close not to be noticed. "Shikio, send up a flare to signal that we mean no harm!" the waterbender commanded like a true captain of the sea. He held up his hands and took a deep breath. He pulled the water toward the boat, helping to move it backwards. He then had water sla, into the side of the boat, turning it to the left. We need to get out of here! Susanoo pondered the situation. "Shikio! Redirect that arrow! Shoot it at that boat," he ordered. "Let's go down with a fight!

Shikio saw it too, also annoyed by Kai's sarcasm and stupidity. He knew it was a fire nation's ship. He made sure he had his bow at hand and a quiver full of deadly arrows. He hear the grunts of Kai and the orders of Susanoo. He would rather listen to the older and more intellegent one. He drew an arrow from its quiver and nocked it. It had a small cylinder on the end of it. He got ready to shoot it up, but heard what the waterbender said. He nodded, unsure pf the outcome, and released the arrow, sending it flying towards the boat with deadly accuracy. Part of the cylindar came of, and it lit up red. "I hope this works," the marksmen said simply.
This user is a guest
Last edit by lunarstars: Dec 16, 2006 14:03:44 GMT -6
yi
Dec 17, 2006 23:40:06 GMT -6

Post by yi on Dec 17, 2006 23:40:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tze followed the young Lieutenant down the narrow hallway to the small state room at the end of the hall. The lieutenant opened the door and held the door open for Tze as he entered. The room was still small, but it was definitely a much better room then what the soldiers had. Tze set his bags on the bed and looked around the room.
“This is your State Room sir. I hope it’s to your liking. We are almost ready to depart from dock, and the Commander will be giving his speech, and announcing the new orders to the crew. And the commander wishes that you be present for the ceremony” , reported the Lieutenant, still standing at the doorway.
Tze, kept an emotionless face as he unpacked his gear, and set is hook on the small table on the side of the bed. “You can inform the Commander that I will be present for his... speech” , replied Tze with an emotionless tone to his voice.
Tze looked up at the Lieutenant and narrowed his eyes. “You’re still here?! , asked Tze with a clear tone of distaste in his voice.
“Uh.. Sorr.. sorry.. Sir, I was just leaving now” , stuttered the young lieutenant as he stumbled backwards out of the door. He quickly closed the door and ran down the hallway. Tze let out a sigh and finished unpacking his gear. Once he put his last item away, he quietly and gently laid down on the bed. Even though Tze still had his armor on, he could tell that the bed was almost as hard as the floor.
Tze gazed off into the ceiling, letting his mind wonder. His eyes were caught by the large tapestry on the opposite wall. A large Fire Nation Symbol was woven into the heavy cloth, and surrounded by very ornate patterns and designs. Tze rolled his eyes and grabbed his book from the small table next to the bed. He sat up on the side of the bed, maintaining perfect posture, and began to read where he left off.
A short time later, there was a knock on the door that broke Tze’s concentration, just as the story was getting to the exciting part. Anger grew inside of Tze as he placed his book down next to him and walked to the door. With a cold precision, Tze swung open the door and glared into the hallway, only to see the same lieutenant shaking before the door. The young officer tired to speak, but nothing could come out.
Tze grew frustrated with the young man, and glared deep into his eyes
“Well, what is it?!, snapped Tze as he stared down the lieutenant.
“The Commander requires your presence on the observation deck Captain sir! replied the lieutenant, clearly shaken by Tze’s tone. Tze slammed the door in the lieutenant’s face and went back to his bed, and laid down. He heard the lieutenant quickly walk away from the door.
Tze took a deep breath. He hated speeches, they provided false hope, and wishful thinking; something that should not be allowed in the army in Tze’s opinion. If they are trained correctly, they wouldn’t need moral boosts.
Tze took another deep breath and decided to head to the bridge, might as well enjoy the final power the Commander has, before turning the ship over to him. Tze walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. Several officers and crew saluted him as he walked down he walked hallway. Tze quickly returned them and walked into the bridge.
This user is a guest
roax
Dec 18, 2006 8:09:54 GMT -6

Post by roax on Dec 18, 2006 8:09:54 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hanamaro heard Kange stop mid-sentence and right away knew something was wrong. After hearing her say that she felt something he said "I didn't feel anything. Come on lets go outside and give you some fresh air." Hanamaro grabbed Kange's hand and pulled her with him outisde of the kitchen unto the main deck, where he saw the solar eclispe happening which caused him to know right away what was wrong. It's a solar eclispe Hanamaro said softly. He then thought it's a good thing and a bad thing. It's good because no Fire NAtion can attack Kange or myself, but it's a bad thing because now Kange is weakened because of it and it makes her feel down.
This user is a guest
lunarstars
Dec 18, 2006 10:31:16 GMT -6

Post by lunarstars on Dec 18, 2006 10:31:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kange looked up at the black sun, forlorn, she wrapped her arm around Hanamaro's then suggling into his arm she said in a weak voice, "I'm scared...without the sun I'm powerless...".

She was starting to wish she hadn't tossed her katana into the river.
This user is a guest