The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Calling the Ba Sing Se Underground!

toru
Aug 23, 2008 18:44:25 GMT -6

Post by toru on Aug 23, 2008 18:44:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Possibly, I was just running ideas through my post, I figure Toru thinks aloud, feel free to deny, I'm skeptical on the effectiveness on it anyway.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Aug 28, 2008 12:00:40 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 28, 2008 12:00:40 GMT -6

Okay, Jen and I just made contact, which means this is the first contact I have with the Underground. Once the riot starts, I believe I will find you guys thanks to her. I guess things are going smoothly, aren't they. And by the way, if you want another movie stunt, then the antagonists and the Underground can fight on top of the trains during the escape.
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Aug 28, 2008 12:09:59 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 28, 2008 12:09:59 GMT -6

joychmi Avatar
Okay, Jen and I just made contact, which means this is the first contact I have with the Underground. Once the riot starts, I believe I will find you guys thanks to her. I guess things are going smoothly, aren't they. And by the way, if you want another movie stunt, then the antagonists and the Underground can fight on top of the trains during the escape.

Oh that is an awesome idea. I thought just hopping on the trains was risky, but fighting on them *faints* That's FANTASTIC =D I vote for hopping and fighting on train *crosses fingers* But I agree, things are moving along really well. I'm glad you got to make contact with Jen, and also Joychi your songs are pretty good, I enjoyed them =D So Jen and I have it worked out that Shuai will get in contact with her brother Tao-Lei, and then we have the three others prisoners to meet. =D
jiao
Sept 4, 2008 13:07:49 GMT -6

Post by jiao on Sept 4, 2008 13:07:49 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The 'Great Train Escape", that sound so dangerous and exciting. My question is why would be ride on a train if we're staying in the city? or is there trains that go through out the city?

Well as for the prison. Thing seems to be going smoothly, but one can never know. We just got to the prison, so there may still be complications.
This user is a guest
ailin
Sept 9, 2008 17:29:58 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Sept 9, 2008 17:29:58 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I gotta say that a train-top fight does make for some truly thrilling heroics! That could be a lot of fun for everybody. :D To answer your question, Jen, the trains are the major transportation between the three rings of Ba Sing Se and its Agrarian Zone. While the train system can be used to leave and enter the city, it's still mostly used to get to and from the Upper, Middle and Lower Rings. That means we'd be fighting on a train going from the Upper Ring through Middle and Lower, and if we can fend off the antagonists, we'll be able to get off in the Lower Ring without too much trouble. ;)

The prison mission does seem to be going well right now, and we're on a collision course with wackiness (I mean 'exciting drama/action!'). I'm really looking forward to the riot and the whole group coming together. The first real strike to the Fire Nation! :)
This user is a guest
auka
Sept 12, 2008 17:48:11 GMT -6

Post by auka on Sept 12, 2008 17:48:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hey about the whole Train top fight, I'm not sure I'll be able to join in on that. Auka knows the streets pretty well though, the thing is there's a few things he needs to pick up, like -needs- needs to pick up. So if we could set a rendezvous point or something maybe. I mean, Train fight sounds sweet, I guess Auka could get off in the lower ring. Just a quick question, just how many water benders are there in the underground? All I know for sure is Suigetsu, Toru, and Auka. I'm pretty sure about Shuai and Jen given there avatars.
This user is a guest
ailin
Sept 14, 2008 23:06:23 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Sept 14, 2008 23:06:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
If, at any point, a member of the Underground is separated, meet back at the headquarters. It's located in the Lower Ring, in a (fairly) desolate alley next door to a boarding house. That is pretty much a general rule for anytime. Just make sure you aren't followed by "The Man." ;)

Auka, yes, Shuai and Jen are waterbenders. Now that I think about it, we do have a bunch of waterbenders. That's pretty cool. :)
This user is a guest
malik
Sept 18, 2008 23:18:43 GMT -6

Post by malik on Sept 18, 2008 23:18:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Holy crap im not too late!!! oh thank the spirits! Whats up everybody!!! Sorry I have been gone for so long >.> just been trying to get well adjusted... Well I am back! And I will do my best to come on regularly again ^_^ Ok so we are yet to be busted out of our cells right?

Just one question before I began forming a post... do I have the green light to bring Yoshinori and Yuudai to the prison now o.o?
This user is a guest
auka
Sept 20, 2008 23:22:40 GMT -6

Post by auka on Sept 20, 2008 23:22:40 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Haha now we have a 6 star Demi-Mod on our side? So basically the underground is now invincable. I think we need to start a new board. Dai Lee Counter Insurgency Front. Honestly, we need to get a mod against us or something. Actually I'm going to go talk to whoever runs the Dai Lee about making a Dai Lee character right now.
This user is a guest
ailin
Sept 21, 2008 0:26:13 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Sept 21, 2008 0:26:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Oh, I wouldn't worry about things being too easy for the Underground, Auka. ;) Our antagonist roster is pretty formidable, even if they don't exactly get along with each other. They tend to be older and more experienced than the majority of the Underground, so they are going to be quite a handful. Not to mention the ones among them that run on the ruthless side. I don't really think we need a full Dai Li Insurgency Front, especially since they're considered NPCs. Please don't underestimate the antagonists or the Underground. :)
This user is a guest
auka
Sept 23, 2008 0:33:28 GMT -6

Post by auka on Sept 23, 2008 0:33:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
You know I'm just reading my last post and seeing how stupid I look. I don't know how I manage to Misspell Dai Li in every single one of my posts. I mean, that wouldn't be so bad but I spell it differently every time. I'd correct it but I think I'll just keep it as one of the few reminders that I'm not, in fact, infallible. So this prison we're in? How much security are we talking here? Because Suigetsu and I are basically broken out, (I figured that if the prison was entirely metal it was built for Earth Benders blah blah blah.) I'm not even going to start justifying this one. But we're breaking out within a couple posts. So really I just want to know how close everyone else is to Operation Break The Shiz out of Prison.

[Edit: I was definately talking about breaking out of our cells. OOC our prison break plan is "Get rescued by resistance."
This user is a guest
Last edit by auka: Sept 29, 2008 19:56:27 GMT -6
ailin
Sept 23, 2008 11:31:03 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Sept 23, 2008 11:31:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
This prison is THE prison, cells and hallways made entirely of metal. It's pretty much the one featured in the Earth King, The Guru/Crossroads of Destiny. It is not something easy to break out of, and has guards patrolling regularly. I find it kind of hard to believe that you could easily break out of the cells even as waterbenders, given how much water it would take to break the integrity of the cell doors. You gotta be able to justify that kind of stuff because of just how sprawling, well guarded and fortified the prison is. It might be made to hold earthbenders first and foremost, but how much water would it really take to just literally break out?

As for the plan, I would recommend checking out the earlier pages in this thread. We've discussed the plan several times over, the first page has a roster of active members and a partial summary of the events so far. For a real detailed look, well, we've been active in the Ba Sing Se thread since May.

Currently the people in the prisoner team are making contacts, like Shuai finding Jen's brother, and Jen making contact with Joychi. The guard team still needs to find the maximum security wing to look for high ranking officials and cause some subtle sabotage.
This user is a guest
malik
Oct 1, 2008 0:43:23 GMT -6

Post by malik on Oct 1, 2008 0:43:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
ooh Quick question as to the latest post of our great leader ^_^ Uh Is there actually supposed to be an assigned member in the last cell? or can we just jump in and say we are the biggest threat to the fire lord >D!? because I think it would be great fun to be the big bad prisinor >) although Tatsuya really isn't that bad =O or or... can it be a trap =D!!! You know set Yuudai in the cell >.> I'm just wondering what I can or cant do x.x sorry if its disturbing =x
This user is a guest
Last edit by auka: Oct 1, 2008 0:45:31 GMT -6
yulan
Oct 1, 2008 1:11:52 GMT -6

Post by yulan on Oct 1, 2008 1:11:52 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
If you were supposed to be the "biggest threat" sitting in that cell, wouldn't you have been informed by now? XD I think whoever that person is though, the danger they pose to the Fire Nation is measured in more than just combat ability, which would rule out most if not all of us posting as RPCs. Me, I'm guessing it might be Long Feng (played by Shio?), or some other high-ranking Earth Kingdom official like Suki kept mentioning. If not, then I have no clue. XD

I have to apologize for slowing the Underground's pace to a crawl. Normally I make my posts late at night, as I feel I can pull my thoughts together much better at that hour, but with 8 AM lab sessions three days out of five and a 7-10 PM night class on the fourth, I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to rewire the roleplay part of my brain to work during daylight hours. At any rate, I'll try to get a long overdue reply up by this weekend. Again, I'm really sorry.
This user is a guest
malik
Oct 1, 2008 9:11:34 GMT -6

Post by malik on Oct 1, 2008 9:11:34 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well I figured it wouldn't be just anybody xD I was just asking you know on that off chance that it could just be anybody >.> Hehe but yeah will Ai Lin be controlling the 'biggest threat' or someone else? And i didn't know that Shio was in this plot O.O... ah sorry sorry xD

Well on to another question... would it be ok if Yuudai stood guard in the maximum security wing =D? It would make some sense I think o.o... he is there to reinforce the guard among other things... but just wondering ^_^ don't want to mess up the great escape though O.O
This user is a guest
ailin
Oct 1, 2008 12:49:17 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Oct 1, 2008 12:49:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
There's already a reference to Tatsuya and Joychi, Karanbir. Remember when Suki recalls hearing singing far off and then soon recognizes it as the Girls of Ba Sing Se? That's it. So, in a way, you were in the post already. ;)

Anyway, you guys'll just have to wait and see who posts. There is a definite character sitting in the cell and I'm sure you'll all find out soon enough. Suki considers them the biggest threat to the Fire Nation, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are. Since it's all through the filter of Suki's perception, that could be any number of people. My money's on Batman. No one would ever see that coming! XD

Don't worry about the slowed pace, Yulan. A lot of people have had to get used to their new fall schedules so a little downtime happens. I'm sorry I had to skip us ahead a little. ^_^
This user is a guest
malik
Oct 1, 2008 13:42:19 GMT -6

Post by malik on Oct 1, 2008 13:42:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Batman O.O He is in this RP?! OMG!!! I need his autograph! oh and no one will stand a chance against him T_T He is so great! He will simply take a quick glance at the Antagonists and they will surrender! Muahaha!

Ahhh the suspense is killing me O.O Who is really in that cell! xD Ah Ai Lin you always know how to make things interesting!
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Oct 1, 2008 19:29:38 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 1, 2008 19:29:38 GMT -6

Hi.

Um, I'm not used to posting in the planning section so please bear with me.
I'd just like to offer up my character's service to any Fire Nation characters as a whipping boy. Right now he's chained up to another character and I wouldn't mind if he were taken out and beaten a little bit.

If anyone wants to induge in their evil and sadistic side Suigetu (the character, not me) will be there. If not I'll just have fun with him driving Auka crazy.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Oct 4, 2008 11:17:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 4, 2008 11:17:05 GMT -6

Could it be the Earth King ? Or maybe one of the generals who is a part of the Council of Five. Like General Hao or General Sung. Or, as Yulan said, Long Feng. I can't think of anybody else, because the biggest threat to the Fire Nation is actually the Avatar. There could be General Iroh, but it doesn't seem possible. Unless... it's Joychi. Because if he summons the spirits to unleash an incredible spiritual attack on the Fire Nation, then he is a big threat ! Though he's not really in this cell, he's very far from there. And he can't really do that... "Who could it possibly be ?" *song that shows I'm wondering*
malik
Oct 4, 2008 11:21:58 GMT -6

Post by malik on Oct 4, 2008 11:21:58 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hmm Joychi o.o I didn't know you could use a spiritual attack....that's crazy, In a cool way xD And it can't be Joychi cause she mentioned him singing in her post =D Just like Tatsuya... Nice work by the way! It was genius of you to start singing ^_^ It is a great image... a bunch of locked up citizens of the Earth Kingdom all singing "The Girls of Ba Sing Se" but yeah I am just as confused as you are still on the who is in the cell at the end of the hall thing >.>
——

Oi... so it is Long Feng... one question though... why would they bust out a traitor to the Earth King?
This user is a guest
Last edit by auka: Oct 4, 2008 16:15:01 GMT -6