The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Outstanding RPGing

suyami
May 30, 2007 21:13:37 GMT -6

Post by suyami on May 30, 2007 21:13:37 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I second that.

Fu-Ling: Just a couple things, babycakes.

1. Why in the hell are you hanging on this site (no offense, mods, admins, I heart this site to death) when you should be publishing your 56th book?
2. You related to J.K. Rowling or something? Sheesh.
3. When your famous, you gotta tell us who you are.
4. Wait... Maybe your not 13 and you secretly ARE J.K. Rowling.... ACK!

Great rping skills, btw.
This user is a guest
kgal
Jun 1, 2007 14:21:16 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Jun 1, 2007 14:21:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'm a cake... made of babies? Suyami! (*shudders with revulsion*)

1. Because I luffs this site times about a billion (♥), and I'm a terrible procrastinator. And I'm random. And my original ideas are all, like, copies. Or influenced from other writers' ideas. If I started to even think of writing a novel, it would either be a rip off of something else, or some sort of fanfiction-like thing. (Actually, I've been obsessed with Scott Westerfeld... best ever... I wish I was as creative as he is...)

2. No, I'm certainly not. I think. And I live in America . She was born in England... or somewhere in Europe... I think. Maybe I am? But anyway, good writing typically is not an "inherited" sort of thing, or something that runs in a family. Imagination? That's a different story...

3. I will never tell you. Ever! Seriously, my name is worthless to me. I wish I had cooler name. But I can't tell you what my totally uncool name is yet. Maybe when I'm older...

4. No, actually, you're right. I'm not 13. I'm 14! And I'm certainly not J.K. Rowling. Otherwise, my username would probably be something like... hpcreator or something.

Thanks, btw.

(Time to go wallow in self-pity. And try to (in vain) think up original ideas to copywrite... *goes to die*)
This user is a guest
yi
Jul 2, 2007 21:04:03 GMT -6

Post by yi on Jul 2, 2007 21:04:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well.. I’m finally going to post on this thread.. I have been noticing a few good things as I cruise the Rp boards… and I must say… the quality of posts are magnificent! I am proud to be a part of this site. The people here are nice and very devoted to true Rp’ing, unlike a few other places I have seen… I am proud to have found a site that focuses on post quality and flexible strictness. It is always good to have some backbone in a site..

So while it really doesn’t fit here, but I have to say Thanks to Karena and the entire Core Staff for keeping this place running. You’re doing a great job, don’t stop!

Now… its time for the few, the proud, the good Rp posters that I have seen:

Saami: What can I say, you’re my main gal! I love you’re posts, and I love how things are progressing with Li and Yi. Your post always leave me thinking... especially recently… the plot twists were a wonderful change… and also... your recent posts have gotten me a little teary… I love the amount of emotion you give off. This type of variety has given me a chance to expand on my posts.. and looking back at our old posts… I must say.. both of us have improved GREATLY!

*hugs* I have to be one of the luckiest people in the world.. I have never had a RP partner like you before. And I am honored to be rp’ing with you. I <3 Li/Yi… keep up the good work Saami ^_^ *haggles*

Ai Lin: wow… that’s all I can say.. Your posts are brilliant! The level of detail you include is wonderful. You are by far a great asset to this site =P I must say... your Mai try out was one of the greatest pieces of work I have ever read. Keep up the good work!

Katara: I must say.. I am really impressed with your juicy slash with Karena. You are a great person to be around and I have happy to have you as a friend.. er… that is.. if you see me as a friend ^_^;;; Part of me wishes I could RP with you, but I would totally be outclassed by your quality…

Sawora and Karanbir Both of you seem to flow with each other when you post… its almost as if each post builds onto the last… I must say that I really enjoy your posts and I love the route you have taken with two simultaneous RPs. Keep up the good posting! Also, I must say.. I am really impressed with the level of depth in your posts as well as your profiles, especially Sawora.. I love it when you make a new character… I always look forward to reading it ^_^

As far as I’m concerned, everyone who has passed the RP training and has posted on a continuous basis should be mentioned here, but these people have really stuck out on the boards. And I am proud to be on the same sight as them ^_^

This user is a guest
sawora
Jul 3, 2007 14:59:16 GMT -6

Post by sawora on Jul 3, 2007 14:59:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Wow, thank you Yi Feng. :D I haven't really had much time to read other peoples' posts, but I have seen a few of yours, Saami's and Yulan's.

Saami and Yi Feng:
I'm not saying this just because Yi complimented my little rp team, but because you guys have skill. Your posts are almost like they have been written by one person. Each of you use so much detail, but not just for the sake of a long post. You guys are like one rping machine - always on posting, and that's really admirable. :)

Yulan:
Everytime I read anything written by you, my jaw drops. You're an amazing writer, and even your short posts are filled with such depth! I really enjoy reading your profiles as well; you always have great ideas for characters. Keep it up!
This user is a guest
Last edit by sawora: Jul 3, 2007 15:01:02 GMT -6
zabasaz
Jul 5, 2007 17:22:50 GMT -6

Post by zabasaz on Jul 5, 2007 17:22:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I think I might have said this before but I'm going to anyways simply because I feel strongly about it.

Ai Lin - There is no limit to the positive things I can say about you. Your posts are long, brilliant, and keep me entertained. If they're not on par with mine, they are much better. Not only are they long but they are well-written, vivid, and consistent. You're very observant, having picked up tons of little hints I've left laying around in my rp, and you're the most patient person I've ever met. Even when it took me an entire month to reply to you, you still sat there and waited without complaining or leaving or even reposting. I envy your writing skills and wish that I had even half the talent you did - If I did, I would definitely have what it takes to be an author of best-selling literature.

It's wonderful that not only are you the only person on the site willing to role play with me, and not only are you willing to tolerate my slow posting habits (due to real life affairs and some laze) but also you are the only person truly willing to get involved in my up-and-coming plot twist. I don't know how I could possibly thank you enough. Always posting within hours or a day of me, when I can only offer the same within a week or longer - You are truly my Hero. You definitely deserved to win that MOTM (that was the only time I EVER voted, and it was for you) and you definitely deserve to win many others.

When the annual awards come up at the end of the year, I would be honored, privileged, and absolutely unhurt to have you beat me to the title of "Best RPGer of the Year." Until then, I wish you the best of luck. Thank you, a thousand times over, for your absolute, refined, concentrated awesomeness.
This user is a guest
Last edit by sawora: Jul 5, 2007 17:24:11 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 11, 2007 17:30:10 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
YAY! Outstandingness!

KA-FREAKING-RENA! - I don't know why no one else seems to appreciate her posts, but I want to say, dearie, that you are so awesome!!!!!!!! Even before we started doing Harukano, your posts had improved dramatically. I was looking back on the first TTEK thread, and you had some pretty god-awful posts. But now, now you're fantastic. I love how you depict your characters, how you bring them all to life. It's so vivd, and descriptive, but there's not bullcrap in there. Huzzah. A billion point to you, *thumbs up* Your 8K post was wewt! 100% WEWT!

ME - Me be gud rp-er! YAH!

Ai Lin - To tell you the truth, I don't read the posts as your other characters, but you play one fantastic Mai. You did something that I — me, Katara!— had problems depicting. Additionally, your posts with Zab as Ai Lin are fantastic... Ai Lin's a bit hard-headed tho, and makes me wanna smack her upside the head. To get that kind of response out of me, you're a fantastic RPer. Good job, and that's an understatement.

Satsu-blahblahblah, aka Zab - Not only do I love you, I love your posts. That Geng Kai profile, OH MY GOSH, it was good. I finally buckled down and read all 75k, and it was astounding. I actually forgot where I was for a bit, and was startled by the phone. :3 Your posts as Xu Lie, and Satsu are riveting, and your first romance post with me was amusing. i look forward to roleplaying more with ya, babe!

Fu-Ling - Yet again. But Fu-chan has a wonderful grasp on Ty Lee's character, and I feel she needs to be recognized again. GO FUFU!

Yi and Saami - You two, I put you together for your really really cute romance in TTEK. Both of you have blossomed from mediocre to down right awesome. The length is great, as well as the quality. The story is fascinating, and despite myself, I have read a lot of it. Good work you two!

Shio - You play such an awesome Zuko that it takes my breath away - literally. You and Karena have such a dynamic story going on, that it's positively riveting. I look forward to RPing with Zuko again, once you rejoin the gAang.
This user is Mod
saami
Jul 19, 2007 13:49:40 GMT -6

Post by saami on Jul 19, 2007 13:49:40 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Thank you to everyone who has mentioned me here :D. It does give me motivation to keep on going.

Anyway, I guess it's my turn then huh?

Yulan: I don't think I've ever read something as captivating as your posts. Their absolutely brilliant! Full of so much detail and feeling. I wish I could write like that. And now I have something to strive after. You are truly an awesome rper, one of the bests I have ever seen.

Ai Lin: I know you've probably heard this before, but you are awesome. Post wise and as a person. I absolutely love you as Mai. You are perfect as her. Keep up the good work and just to let you know, I am also looking to you for a bit guidance as I improve too. ;)

Sawora: I don't really know you personally. But you are honestly a great rper. Not only that, you are sweet sincere and have an amazing talant as an artist to boot. You are a well rounded individual and you are a wonderful addition to our family here at TARP. I hope that one day you and I can rp together ;).

I think that's all the time I have for now. I wrote this during class and my teacher is giving me dirty looks XD.
This user is a guest
Last edit by sawora: Jul 19, 2007 13:50:07 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Sept 10, 2007 16:01:52 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Fu-Ling - My god girl, you are freaking awesome, I swear. I am so glad I decided to do the Battle Training with you, because it's forcing me to be better, because I have to push myself sometimes to get my posts to your length, and I insist they are or I will not post. You are only fourteen years old, are you are a totally fabulous writer. I think you should write for a living, because you have a true talent that seems to come naturally to you and takes other people, like myself, a long time to get to the point where you are now. Keep up the awesome work, and I look forward to our fights together in the Battle Training! *hugs*
This user is Mod
kgal
Sept 10, 2007 16:48:38 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Sept 10, 2007 16:48:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Karena - I guess it's only fitting to say you as well. You're a crazy good typist (if a bit repetitive), you always seem to post at least a thousand characters more than I do, and your original ideas are incredible. You're definitely older than I am and more experienced, and your vocabulary and skill is like "Woah" for anyone just joining... I think. That's what I'd be like if I was a newb, at least.

Unfortunately, I don't plan on pursuing the career of authorism in the future. A very few percentile of people actually do make a living off of writing, and those few have to have original ideas that will be remembered. I'm good at roleplaying. I'm terrible at creating originals. I'm really bad, no matter what you might think.

Even if your post did make me smile a little. *poke* Thanks.

{EDIT: Oh, it was so bully to call Fu-chan a brat... She's so not. She's a very respectable, mild-mannered adult, thank you very much.}

[glow=red,2,300]Karena Edit: Lakano thinks she's a brat. Thanks, though. *hugs*[/glow]
This user is a guest
Last edit: Sept 10, 2007 20:17:47 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Nov 7, 2007 17:10:23 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Fu-Ling - Yeah, I know there's a post I posted about two posts up, but since we finished the first fight in our Battle Training and we've started our slash romance (actually we did that before) I felt like saying something about you again. I honestly don't think I could ever stop saying good things about you. You are such an excellent writer, especially for someone so young. I managed to match you in post length, but it was very hard and that last one really had be pushing myself to match it. You're awesome, girl, and I love RPing you. Keep up the awesome work.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 7, 2007 17:10:50 GMT -6
kin
Apr 27, 2008 23:13:23 GMT -6

Post by kin on Apr 27, 2008 23:13:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
No one has posted on this for a bit, but when I read one person's posts it simply made me go 'wow'. They stood out remarkably.

Ai Lin: Though the only posts I have seen were from Kismet, they were great. Wound in with the sentences were the strong voice and personality of her character. When reading the actions made by her character, they were remarkably smooth. Something I personally struggle with. The style from her is just amazing! There is no excess amount of explanation or dialog.
I'd also like to complement her on making such a great character. I usually don't like Freedom Fighter OCs (except on this site-- their all fantastic) but Kismet's gambling and unique spirit just makes her perfect for them.
Thank you for making your posts so pleasurable to read!
This user is a guest
Last edit by sawora: Apr 27, 2008 23:13:55 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Apr 28, 2008 2:01:18 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Haven't read Ai Lin's posts as Kismit, but I still say she rocks. Go Ai Lin!

Anyway, I saw someone posted in here, and Smellerbee's right... Let's get back to praising our fellow RPers!

Shio - Since you're who I'm really RPing with right now, here goes... After getting back to RPing with you again, I am amazed at how in character you are all the time, even though the situtuations Zuko is in are a bit odd and not really approached in the show. You have gotten into his mind, and are always true to the character, no matter what goes on, no matter what happens. You have come so far since you first joined this site. Of course, we all have, but eh... Anyway, grammar-wise your posts are not the best, but nevertheless, I find your posts always entertaining and interesting, and they never fail to make me want to post.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Apr 28, 2008 2:10:00 GMT -6

Post by Gia on May 8, 2008 14:39:07 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Okay, yeah, I just said something about her in the last post, albeit briefly. and Smellerbee just talked about her, but I'm doing it anyway.

Ai Lin - Now that I'm RPing with you again... well, I must say, you are fabulous. Your posts as Mai are dead on. You manage to always stay in character, even though some of the stuff you have Mai dealing with are a bit emotional, you always manage to keep her in character. You're a wonderful RPGer, Ai Lin. I love RPing with you, and can't wait to read your next Mai post!

Fu-Ling - You've been talked about before, and I'll talk about you again... Girl, you are wonderful. It took me a lot longer to get where you are now at such a young age. Your posts as Ty Lee are always dead on. I could not play her as well as you do. I love reading your posts as her, too, because they're always interesting, and fun. You play her so well, too. I can't wait to read your next Ty Lee post, and I love RPing with you!
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Aug 26, 2008 21:02:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 26, 2008 21:02:39 GMT -6

Ai Lin
Hands down I think Ai Lin has done a wonderful job Rp'ing in the Underground. Lot's of her posts can be found in Ba Sing Se, and I think that they are amazing. She Rp's Suki so well I swear I could see her acting this way in an episode. The way she Rp's Suki leading the team is so realistic and not forced. I find that remarkable. Not only that I love to read the Rp's with her original character 'Ai Lin' as well.

Yulan
Also another Underground member I really enjoy reading the post with Yulan's characters Yulan and Mahone. I enjoy the contrast between the two and I think Yulan is a fantastic Rp'er. Yulan goes really into depth and I always feel like I learn something new or discover something new about her characters =D Great job!

Jen-jiao
My first Rp partner and my characters best friend. I think both Jen and I have advanced in our Rp'ing and I wanted to recognize how much Jen has grown. Her Rp posts are great and I can't wait to read more. Besides hard times Jen comes through with wonderful posts. =D

Zarah
Rp'er of the month reflects a lot on Zarah =D Her posts in Ba Sing Se amaze me with the amount of information she fills in them. The last post she made with her character Zarah was incredible, I wanted to read more, and I can't wait to. =D
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Aug 29, 2008 18:29:53 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 29, 2008 18:29:53 GMT -6

Thank you Shuai.

Alright I would like to say who I think are outstanding RPers on this site!

Shuai-You are a great RPer and though we have only spoken a few times you seem like a great person and your work is amazing. I sure wish I was your RP partner since you rock and keep doing what you are doing!

Yuta-You always seem to blow me away with your post! They are always so good and so well thought out. You are a great person to RP with and you always keep me guessing as to what is going to come next!

Suyami-I am amazed as to how much you have grown over the years as an RPer. It seems like overnight you went from a great RPer to an excellent RPer and I hope you keep up the good work since your hard work is really paying off for sure! I am so glad to have you as a RP partner and you are a great person to work with.

Ai-Lin-I bet you are tired of hearing this but you are a great RPer and one of the best I have ever seen. You just always have so much to say and put in your post that it often makes me think how that brain of yours works since you are so amazing at what you do. I really am grateful that you and me RP together since you always make me want to improve on Zarah’s posts.

Yulan-Although I have never really talked to you or RPed with you I would like to say that you are an amazing person with a lot of talent when it comes to RPing. Your posts are so good and always make me want to read them! I hope you continue to do an amazing job!

Karanbir-You are amazing at what you do! I cannot believe how much you have improved since you first started out here. Your post have always been great and well thought out. I wished we still RPed together since you were such a blast to work with and I hope that maybe in the future we can RP together again.

The rest of the staff-All you guys are really talented and all of you really have improved since this site first started. It is so amazing how you guys put in so much detail into your work. Looking back at your old post from years ago you guys are like night and day! I hope all of you continue to get better since you all have really grown since when this site first started up.
suyami
Aug 31, 2008 21:57:06 GMT -6

Post by suyami on Aug 31, 2008 21:57:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Fu-Ling, Ai Lin, Karena, Katara, Achiro, Yulan - You guys are all increeeeedibly awesome RPers, and I'd go on and on about your mad skills, but then I'd be here all day, and you guys get enough attention as it is. Once more, you people are AWESOME RPERS. I live in awe of your greatness.

Zarah - Wow. Your RPing has really improved in the time we've spent RPing! I loooooove RPing with you so much. The twins are awesome together, and I hope we'll stay RPing to gether for a lot longer. Keep up the awesome writing!

Joychi - RPing with you is soooo much fun! I can rarely believe that your native language is French, cause your writing does NOT show it... But then again, how could such an amazing guy not be french? ^_^ I love writing with you, and I'll post soon. Don't leave our RP, okay? Okay.

Yoshiro - I have such an amazing time RPing Suyami with you... I would have her with no one else. Everytime you're gone for a month or so, I get all panicked that I'm going to have to find a different RP partner. But so far, you've stuck through with me till the end! You're an amazing RPer, keep it up!

Amala - I don't know what to say. I've had a lot of fun RPing Kyuru with you! Amala is such an amazing character, and you RP her so well! No spelling or grammar mistakes at all, and that's what I hate most. :P *is anal* Can't wait till your next post! Keep it up.

Chiye - I know you're gone, but when we RPed together... Wow. Geez, you really brought your character to life. I was literally hanging on the edge of my seat, waiting for you to post! It sucks that you're gone, but come back soon and RP amazingly with me again. :D

Honoo - Your posts always make me laugh. You have such a unique way of RPing! It's amazing how you can inject humor in such weird ways. >.< Keep it up, and we'll keep the one femmeslash RP going!

Suigetsu - I've read quite a few of your posts as Piandao, and, well... Dang. Your skills are undeniable. They were really good, and even though I haven't RPed with you... Well, I can still recognize sheer awesomeness.

All of the staff, Core and Branch - You guys are all amazingly awesome RPers too. :D I'd go on about each individual, but I'm sure the post would cut off because it'd be too long. XP

This user is a guest
Last edit by sawora: Aug 31, 2008 21:58:36 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Sept 1, 2008 1:22:03 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
People are using this again! Yay!

Zarah and Suyami - You two have both improved so much since you two first joined. Thinking of where you two came from, and where you two are now... I'm so proud of both of you. *hugs Zarah and Suyami* Keep up the good work!

Joychi - You're another one that's come a long way since you first started. I know you used to have a lot of trouble when you first started with your English, and I'm glad that it's a lot better now, and you can tell it is, because most people wouldn't know it wasn't your first language if you didn't tell them. You've turned into quite a good RPer. *hugs* Keep up the good work.

Halaku - It's great to have you back! I love roleplaying with you. Your posts are always intersting and fun to read, and we missed you while you were gone. Don't leave this time, k? *hugs*
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 7, 2010 22:17:18 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 7, 2010 22:17:18 GMT -6

Suigetsu: ♥ Always a pleasure to work with you, my dear. You provide endlessly amusing situations for me and a dynamic plotline that requires forethought to execute.

Post by Gia on Jul 7, 2010 22:23:56 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
(O/T: Wow, someone used this thread... Holy crap... *coughs*)

Yuna - I thoroughly enjoy roleplaying with you. You're a wonderful roleplayer, and you constantly push myself to be able to keep up with you. I thank you for that. Keep up the great work, RPM!
This user is Mod
yuna
Jul 7, 2010 22:35:10 GMT -6

Post by yuna on Jul 7, 2010 22:35:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
O/T: Thank you Shtiya for sparking my interest in posting in this thread. I was too shy to do it before [:

Karena: I sort of think that you're really awesome and I strive to write well structured posts because yours always brighten my day. You're a fabulous RP partner and I'm so glad that I conquered my fears and PM'ed you, otherwise I would be really lonely right now xD

Saiki and Shanrui: I mean honestly, who writes that many posts in one day?!?! You guys are insane, but I'm really enjoying your plot. I can't wait to read more, you guys are great [:

Shio: I know we don't RP together, but your posts with Karena really grabbed my attention and I've had a lot of fun reading your Shio posts. They are very well written and I hope to read more =]

Taed: I know that we've just started to RP, but already I'm having a lot of fun. I enjoy our posts along with those you share with Kokejin. You're a great RP partner and RP'er in general [:
This user is a guest
Last edit by sawora: Jul 8, 2010 9:43:51 GMT -6