The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Carnival Planning

Post by Gia on Apr 8, 2010 22:23:04 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
For those of you who are new, you probably have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. For those of you who were around last year, then I figure you know what this is. For those who don't, let me explain. :)

Our 5-Year Anniversary is on October 8th. Every year, we have a little RP carnival to celebrate, with some casual RP's, and contests. (Check out last years in the archives if you want to see more of what it's about.) Every year, no matter how early we start (we started in June last year) we always run out of time. So, this year, we're starting extra early.

We plan on having the same contests we did last year, but of course, we want other threads, too. We're implemting something new this year. This year, we're going to let members run their own threads. An RP group can come up with an idea they'd like to see in this year's carnival! And don't worry if it doesn't work, then you can always try again next year!

This is going to be our 5 Year Anniversary, so we want it to be special!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Apr 10, 2010 10:40:29 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 10, 2010 21:29:22 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Just to add - you don't just have to come up with ideas for RP group-run threads. If you have other contests etc you want in addition to last year's contests, feel free to post them too!

Last years contests were:

1. Float the Dumpling
2. Haiku Contest
3. OC Drawing Contest
4. Design TARP Contest
5. Prompt Competition
6. Caption Contest

Looking forward to more suggestions, and ESPECIALLY to threads your RP groups would like to organise and run!
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Apr 26, 2010 23:04:34 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
For those of you who might not have an idea of what we're looking for, look at last year's Celebration Carnival. There is an archive sub-board with the year before that. Check it out!

If you're nervous, don't be!
This user is Mod
seru
Apr 27, 2010 2:12:59 GMT -6

Post by seru on Apr 27, 2010 2:12:59 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
You have provided us with a link to an area we cannot access.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Apr 28, 2010 23:20:50 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
*slaps self* Thank, Soshi. You should be able to see it now.
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Jun 7, 2010 18:52:38 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I just want to remind everyone that they can suggest anything they want. :) We're open to ideas, and remember, we want our members to run some things this year. :)

We also have Year End Awards nominations and voting that goes on throughout all of September. :) If you want to see the awards themselves, here's last years results: 4th Annual YEA Results. Also, in the Highest Posters etc... there's a list of all the past winners and nominees from every year. :) You're free to suggest things for that, too. :)
This user is Mod
yuna
Jun 7, 2010 20:55:51 GMT -6

Post by yuna on Jun 7, 2010 20:55:51 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I have an idea for an event in the Carnival, I guess that's what it's called, an event? Oh! A thread, an idea for a thread! Sorry about that xD I'm not sure how well this will work, but it's just an idea.

I've seen that there have been drawing threads, and caption threads with pictures from the show.... What if one thread is about photography? Obviously the person does't have to put up pictures of themselves, but there can be categories, like captions, landscape, black and white, sepia and so on. And people, or the staff or who's ever in charge can give an award to the best photos, or set of photos. I'd think I'd be nice to introduce photography seeing as how drawing is allowed =]

Just a thought :) My little contribution

Oh! And if anything we'd could pass it off as our characters painting a picture in the post we make...
This user is a guest
Last edit by yuna: Jun 7, 2010 21:06:30 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jun 7, 2010 21:23:56 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
(Edit: Woo! First person to post with an idea!)

Hmm... Interesting idea to say the least, though I'm not sure how well it would work. If you want to try it, feel free to. We like to try to keep things Avatar or Carnival related, if you look at last years board. Like I said, though, we're all for members trying new things so if it's something you want to try, feel free to when the time comes. :)
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jun 7, 2010 21:24:22 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 7, 2010 21:25:15 GMT -6

The problem with Photography is that our Carnival is specifically Avatar related.
We could do Photography if you were able to make it Avatar-related, like a manipulated photo of yourself "bending" earth, or something.

If you could work it out a little better, then we'll be more than happy to give it a go.
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Jun 7, 2010 21:29:53 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ack, that's what I was trying to say... I'm glad you can finish these thoughts of mine, Kaoru, lol.
This user is Mod
taedxoa
Jun 8, 2010 8:00:09 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Jun 8, 2010 8:00:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hello all... so Karena and Toph already knew this, but, I'm back now after a ridiculously long hiatus (again)...

And so I would like to re-suggest the return of Aunt Wu's Fortune-Telling Booth, given its great success in past years. I — er, Aunt Wu — will be available to do bone readings, palmistry, and tarot.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jun 8, 2010 8:50:37 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Of course! What would the Carnival be without Aunt Wu's Fortune Telling? ;)
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jun 9, 2010 9:29:19 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 9, 2010 9:29:19 GMT -6

I am a very bad King of the Carnival if I can't come up with any idea for this year's celebration *shakes head at himself*

BUT I have a kind of idea - somehow inspired by my friend Molière who died about five centuries ago *RIP bro*. I don't have the name yet, but it would be like people coming to do comedy Stand Up. I admit it was also inspired by the Players Of Ember Island episode.

It's pretty simple. They would come in and do some kind of imitation of somebody, or of an event, by themselves. The person and event is their choice, it doesn't even have to be true A:TLA-wise (they can mimic something from RL). Just one rule: IT'S GOTTA BE FUNNY-looking. *bows*
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on Jun 9, 2010 20:06:01 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
As long as you keep it strictly Avatar/TARP related, you are free to try that if you want to when the time comes. However, Toph and I think that it needs to be only canons and their characters that they can make fun of OR they can make fun of someone else's character, they have to have permission first in order to post.
This user is Mod
siriavalon
Jul 4, 2010 16:43:48 GMT -6

Post by siriavalon on Jul 4, 2010 16:43:48 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
How about as a contest Best Bending Rpers? There could be a winner for each element. BTW, I just joined. Like, 2 minutes ago.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 4, 2010 17:41:24 GMT -6

heh, welcome. Could you expand a bit on your idea?
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Jul 13, 2010 15:38:17 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
As a note, I don't want anyone to be afraid to say an idea. :) We want this to be fun for you, so if you think of something not mentioned that you'd think you'd enjoy, post it! Same thing with the Year End Awards linked to here. Everyone is supposed to enjoy that month, not just the staff or a select few. :)
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Jul 29, 2010 22:07:07 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
July's nearly over! September will be here before you know it!

Start suggesting ideas for our carnival - anything!

Also, don't forget, September is also voting/nominating month for the Year End Awards. Our other announcement thread has a list of past winners, as well as last years' awards list. Check it out! Keep a look out for people you want to nominate. If you have any ideas for that, let us know!

Remember, comments, suggestions, ideas... bring them forth! We won't bite your head off, I promise, and no idea is dumb. :)
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Aug 6, 2010 11:10:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 6, 2010 11:10:29 GMT -6

no idea is dumb? not even a "how drunk can you get your character" contest? [srsly. that may or may not be marginally epic/stupid/hilarious/awesome]

I should really pay more attention to announcements and mass PMs and stuff. if I had known about this thread earlier I would have already put my great brain to work on some spazztasticalbaulously-wonderful ideas.

I'll keep y'allz posted.
~Tenoko~
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 6, 2010 13:21:30 GMT -6

As long as your idea doesn't promote anything against the ProBoards Terms of Service, then we'd love to hear it. =]
This user is Mod