The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Carnival Planning

Post by Gia on Aug 15, 2010 15:08:49 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Sounds good to me so far. I would still flesh it out more, write up the Opening Post, that kind of thing. :)
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Aug 15, 2010 15:14:10 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 15, 2010 15:14:10 GMT -6

...Then I have a similar idea, which kind of fits with the end of the World Cup last month.

A Best Earth Soccer Goal Contest. Basically, you have these people, benders of any kind or non-benders, who come and try to score a goal in the best way possible. So in RP terms, members would have to try and describe their goals the best way possible - it's inspired from last year's Float-A-Dumpling ^^
This user is a former member

Post by Gia on Aug 15, 2010 15:21:22 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Okay, so it would be strictly on an RP basis? That sounds good to me. The next step would be to write up an Opening Post, with rules/guidelines, etc...
This user is Mod
nemoknown
Aug 15, 2010 15:26:17 GMT -6

Post by nemoknown on Aug 15, 2010 15:26:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Should I tailor the intro to firenation? considering it is a Fire Nation game and all the world will soon be ruled by them ^^
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 15, 2010 15:38:13 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I don't think that's necessary, because although that's true, this is an open carnival. :) Technically, they rule most of the world right now, but there is the Water Tribe. :) Also, one more thing... decide if you need a sign-up thread or not. :)

Edit: If you wanted to tailor it to the Fire Nation, then you could say something like "and anyone else who dares to try" or something like that.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Aug 15, 2010 15:43:15 GMT -6
nemoknown
Aug 15, 2010 15:41:29 GMT -6

Post by nemoknown on Aug 15, 2010 15:41:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I would like a sign up thread ^^
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 15, 2010 15:57:54 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
One more thing that you need to write up, then. This is your idea, remember? :)

Basically, it just has a short explanation of what the activity is, how it is judged, and a short app (name, character's name, character's age, single or team? and whatever else you think is necessary). In the sign-ups for the Prompt Competition last year, I also stated when the sign-ups ended (September 31st), that the competition started on October 1st, and when it ended (as you need time to judge).

As for when to end the competition, whenever you feel is comfortable for you, since you'll be judging it (unless you don't want to, in which case, we'll need to find someone who does). I would end it around the 22nd or 23rd, to make sure you have enough time.

Also, if you're going to do both single and team, I would also suggest thinking about having two threads. There only needs to be one sign-up thread, but it might make it easier for you to have one thread or singles players and one thread for team. In the singles thread, you could have them put Person A vs. Person B (or whatever their names are, obviously) at the top of every post, to make it easier for you. (Same with teams, depending on if you have more than just two teams). You'd really only need to write up one thread, because you'd only need to make a few tweaks to one or the other.
This user is Mod
nemoknown
Aug 15, 2010 16:08:56 GMT -6

Post by nemoknown on Aug 15, 2010 16:08:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
where do you want me to put the threads?
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 15, 2010 16:14:15 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Since the Carnival board won't be available until the 1st, for now, just PM them to me.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Aug 16, 2010 14:20:57 GMT -6
nemoknown
Aug 15, 2010 16:15:49 GMT -6

Post by nemoknown on Aug 15, 2010 16:15:49 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
ok, thanks for having interest in my idea! I hope it turns out to be a success!
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 15, 2010 16:16:29 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I hope so, too, and no problem! We want members to get more involved this year, so that's why we suggested this. :)
This user is Mod
trakada
Aug 15, 2010 23:29:16 GMT -6

Post by trakada on Aug 15, 2010 23:29:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Just a question- Where does the carnival take place ICly, and does it matter where else my character might be RPing at the time?
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 16, 2010 1:25:24 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
The carnival is... well, I'm not sure. It's separate from the actual RP so you can RP in it and the RP at the same time, and what happens in the carnival has no basis on the RP.
This user is Mod
trakada
Aug 16, 2010 2:03:19 GMT -6

Post by trakada on Aug 16, 2010 2:03:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
=D

Okay, cool. So it's "Non-Canon," in relation to the other threads, basically. Cool, I got it. Well now I'm excited!
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 16, 2010 13:20:12 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Exactly. :) It's strictly for fun, with no bearing on the actual RP. Just a little celebration is all. :) I'm glad you're excited, and feel free to suggest an activity that you want to run or something for the Year End Awards (linked on the first page, and they're also in the "Highest Posters etc..." thread which is an announcement. :)
This user is Mod
trakada
Aug 16, 2010 14:58:55 GMT -6

Post by trakada on Aug 16, 2010 14:58:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I was trying to think of an event I could do, but nothing came to me right away that isn't pretty close to something you guys already thought of. I'll post if I suddenly get hit with something.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 16, 2010 19:55:37 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Okay. We look forward to hearing from you. :)
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Aug 20, 2010 12:58:28 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Just a friendly reminder to everyone that the planning month starts in less than two weeks! Also, the nominations for Year End Awards start on the 1st, so start looking for people to nominate!
This user is Mod