The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Carnival Planning

Anonymous
Aug 7, 2010 13:02:38 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 7, 2010 13:02:38 GMT -6

*reads proboards TOS*
wow. TL;DR [actually read it. nearly died.] so ARI;ND

so theoretically, having a character drinking game wouldn't violate the TOS...

either way thanks for the remark. I'm still cooking up greater and more intense schemes.
I'll get back to y'allz on it. [this might end badly for me]

~Tenoko~
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Aug 7, 2010 13:03:11 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Aug 7, 2010 13:29:25 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Okay. We look forward to reading your idea. :)
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 7, 2010 23:02:44 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
tenoko Avatar
*reads proboards TOS*
wow. TL;DR [actually read it. nearly died.] so ARI;ND

so theoretically, having a character drinking game wouldn't violate the TOS...

either way thanks for the remark. I'm still cooking up greater and more intense schemes.
I'll get back to y'allz on it. [this might end badly for me]

~Tenoko~

if the characters are 'over age', then no. =] it'd have to be for characters at least 16 years of age (as that seems to be the 'adult' age in the A:tLA world) or older. Anything younger would be promoting 'underage' drinking.

to be on the safe side, however, any games involving alcohol should be for characters 21+, as per US and California law, which the TOS abides by.
This user is Mod
kong
Aug 7, 2010 23:52:26 GMT -6

Post by kong on Aug 7, 2010 23:52:26 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
For the sake of saying I did give an idea, what about a fashion show (possibly a fashion contest) type deal?
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 8, 2010 2:33:22 GMT -6

kong Avatar
For the sake of saying I did give an idea, what about a fashion show (possibly a fashion contest) type deal?

It'd be up to you to sort the details. =] While in the past, all threads have been staff-run, we're giving members the opportunity to run pre-approved threads. If you have an idea, flesh it out, and propose it to us. ^_^
This user is Mod
kong
Aug 10, 2010 18:14:44 GMT -6

Post by kong on Aug 10, 2010 18:14:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The Fashion Contest:
- Any citizen of the avatar world, male or female, young or old, may join.
-The object is for either one person, or possibly a team of two or three, to design a trendy outfit pertaining to their nationality which either embraces their own unique heritage or shows the future of that nation's attire.
- Clothing lines available will be: common wear, army gear, nobility garments.

When I thought of the idea, I was thinking of something like a Vogue fashion show, or like the hair show held every year in Georgia; really out there and trendy, ya know? It would mean that the post by the contestants would have to be very detailed. The judge(s) choose the winner based on which post used the best imagery, which was the most unique, and which design came off as the most sensible.

Just a thought.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 10, 2010 18:25:54 GMT -6

That sounds very interesting... that said, you may want to split it into two categories, one for prose and one for images? Just a thought. You may want to flesh out categories a bit more, how you'd judge the contest, etc etc. =] Sounds good so far, though!
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Aug 11, 2010 12:33:14 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 11, 2010 12:33:14 GMT -6

one thing I might suggest would be to have this one last longer than they usually did, since 5 years in virtual terms is considered ancient. and of course, owing to the lives that most of us have, doing that may or may not have more things happen and/or more participation.

just a thought
~Tenoko~

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 11, 2010 12:38:14 GMT -6

tenoko Avatar
one thing I might suggest would be to have this one last longer than they usually did, since 5 years in virtual terms is considered ancient. and of course, owing to the lives that most of us have, doing that may or may not have more things happen and/or more participation.

just a thought
~Tenoko~

er, sorry, bit more clarification? the carnival as a whole to last longer?
(if so, I personally wouldn't mind. =X i'm due to have my baby in the beginning of october, and i want to participate! xD ultimately up to karena tho)
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Aug 11, 2010 12:58:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 11, 2010 12:58:00 GMT -6

@t: aoo' [means yes]

just have the cutoff date where the admins nuke everything be farther away from the starting date than it usually is.

~Tenoko~

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 11, 2010 13:16:14 GMT -6

tenoko Avatar
@t: aoo' [means yes]

just have the cutoff date where the admins nuke everything be farther away from the starting date than it usually is.

~Tenoko~

we'll see. up to karena, like i said. that said, it all depends on participation levels. no need to keep it open if no one expresses interest. =] last year, we kept it open into november, and people who committed not only did not participate, but did not inform us of any conflicts in schedule. =/
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Aug 11, 2010 13:51:01 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
*nods* We'll have to see. I feel that a month long is plenty long enough, but if people are still posting after October 31st, I will have no problem leaving it open.
This user is Mod
rawr
Aug 12, 2010 10:03:08 GMT -6

Post by rawr on Aug 12, 2010 10:03:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
:P Must think... Maybe some sort of race? Like with the ostritch thing races? (Can't Remember What They Were Called... O.o)

:D Just a thought.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 12, 2010 12:29:44 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Sounds interesting. If you can flesh out the idea a bit more, figure out how a person would win, then you're free to try it.
This user is Mod
rawr
Aug 12, 2010 12:41:51 GMT -6

Post by rawr on Aug 12, 2010 12:41:51 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Figuring out how someone would win would be like flipping a coin or rolling a dice.

— Every person who wants to participate chooses a random ostritch. (still don't remember the name >.<)

— At home, I'd roll a dice, to determine the winner (every race would have 6 people then.)

:D Winner wins..... Well i dunno.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 12, 2010 13:06:17 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Sounds interesting. I would flesh out what each number on the die would do, how many races, how long they would go on for, etc... But it sounds good so far.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 12, 2010 13:06:32 GMT -6

What Karena means is to flesh out the game a bit more; how would the members participate? Is everything going to be based solely on chance? Or will you be taking into account the quality of the post? Flesh out the game - how people will participate, how the game progresses, how the winner is chosen, all the mechanics of it. =]
This user is Mod
nemoknown
Aug 15, 2010 14:50:43 GMT -6

Post by nemoknown on Aug 15, 2010 14:50:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I have an Idea: Kuai Ball!

for those of you who dont know what Kuai ball is, avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Kuai_Ball

I was thinking, there could be different levels of competition, single and team events where people post back and forth like a battle, but with different aims?
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 15, 2010 14:57:51 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Like I told you over IM, if you can figure out how it'll work (how do the members participate? is going to be by dice, or strictly RP? A combo of both? etc...), you're free to try it. It sounds interesting, to say the least.
This user is Mod
nemoknown
Aug 15, 2010 15:02:36 GMT -6

Post by nemoknown on Aug 15, 2010 15:02:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I was thinking it would be a mix of dice and rp.

The person who posted will describe their move, or the team will go, then I or whoever is judging the game will roll a dice adding or subtracting from the score based on the description and the skill of the character. (the skill will be based off of a character's agility brought on either by bending or by non bending fighting skill.) If someone is found to have intent of harming another character their team will be disqualified from the round.

Thats all i got so far.
This user is a guest