The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

FANS HATE THE MOVIE

xhannahmychoia
Jul 14, 2010 22:06:12 GMT -6

Post by xhannahmychoia on Jul 14, 2010 22:06:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I don't really know... I started to watch it, and got maybe a half hour into it, and I had to stop. I mean, where were Sokka's sarcasm and jokes? Where was Aang's fun, laughing personality? Maybe Shyamalan was going for a different interpretation, but it was really the character development that pushed the show to the next level, and without it, the movie really falls flat. And the fact that Zuko's scar was barely visible? That's pretty important IMO.

I don't know, it just didn't work for me.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 15, 2010 13:48:12 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 15, 2010 13:48:12 GMT -6

@wei&Karena: I definitely agree. and there is nothing wrong with a 3-hour movie [see also--Lord of the Rings]

heck, the extended edition was 4 1/2 hours long, and I loved it. it's one of the few movies I'll watch more than once in my life.

I can imagine a much more epic TLA if it was around that length. I'd live a 4-hour film personally. xD

~Tenoko~
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 15, 2010 13:48:31 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jul 15, 2010 14:03:15 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
*nods* I agree. They should have spent the money and made it longer. It would be a better movie then, and everyone would be happier. :)
This user is Mod
saiki
Jul 15, 2010 14:06:25 GMT -6

Post by saiki on Jul 15, 2010 14:06:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Mhmm I agree completely with Tenoko =)

Length would have added much more depth to the film. Character's would have been able to develop their personalities further and the story line wouldn't have felt so rushed.

I would honestly sit there for 5 hours if I had to haha I love this show way too much xD
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 15, 2010 14:15:34 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 15, 2010 14:15:34 GMT -6

well, our views on the length make obvious sense, seeing as in reality, 4 hours is more than half of the 7.333 hours that a season would take to watch consecutively. [basing this on the calculations that each episode is 22 minutes long and there are 20 episodes in season I]

but ye. just the math nerd in me showing here. even 2 1/2 hours would have been good.

~Tenoko~

Post by Gia on Jul 15, 2010 15:28:25 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
*nods* Yeah, I would be happen with 2 1/2 hours, 3 would be have great.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 16, 2010 13:43:12 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 16, 2010 13:43:12 GMT -6

I saw the movie the day after it came out (I think. Very soon after, at any rate) and it was at once both the most heart-wrenching and the funniest experience I have ever had. I'll admit, I set myself up for disappointment by sitting between two guys who were humongous fans of the show, as am I, but that was what made it fun.

The movie made me cringe, multiple times. The names, the bending, the lack of many, many things, all of it was horrible. I was holding hands with my friend through most of it because both he and I needed moral support. The two of us and the other Avatard in our group (hate the term, but it fits) were yelling at the movie pretty much for its duration.

As stated by other people, this movie really works as a comedy, a horrific parody of the series. At the end, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I did come to the decision, though, that Shyamallamadingdong had killed my soul with that movie.

I read an interview with him that said he had cut some things out for the third movie (thus implying that there will be at least two more). Such things included Jet and Jeong Jeong. He'll probably butcher those characters too. [Insertdeityofyourchoicehere] help us all.
eduante
Jul 17, 2010 8:33:18 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 17, 2010 8:33:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
It was disgustingly disappointing. Aang, Sokka, Iroh are not hard to say! Every time i herd Onng, Soeka, or Eeroh a part of me died. Don't get me wrong, I knew it'd be nothing like the series, but it could've at least been cool. (ex/ harry potter and lord of the rings stray from the books, but they're still fun to watch.) They cut out almost every good fight, and the bending was just awkward. Not too mention Shamalamadipshit added things. WHY WOULD YOU ADD THINGS IF IT'S NOT YOUR SERIES AND YOU'RE ALREADY PRESSED FOR TIME!?!?!?!?
This user is a guest
zutarianninja
Jul 17, 2010 19:52:41 GMT -6

Post by zutarianninja on Jul 17, 2010 19:52:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
it was absolutely the worst movie EVER!!! I had to put my hat over my eyes at some parts i hate it i hate it i hate it!!

-zutara forever

their personalities(and their names) were all wrong!! there was a little zutara,which i'm all for,but all in all the movie was horrible!!! the blue spirit was all wrong, Haru was like...9 years old, neither suki or jet were in it, and katara mentions nothing about her necklace or her mom!!
I almost screamed every time I heard"eero" or"sowka" or"oong"!! plus,roku wasn't in it, zuko wasn't crazy hot,and aang and group still don't know about the commit,which,it the movie,is is 3 years!!! the ending was really lame!!! even the fire nation bowed to aang!!
This user is a guest
Last edit: Jul 17, 2010 22:12:56 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 17, 2010 20:43:01 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 17, 2010 20:43:01 GMT -6

you don't need to double post. there's an edit button in the upper-right hand corner.

the pronunciations were supposedly to match the eastern vowel sounds of ah, eh, ee, oh, oo.

so the movie had no good aspects to it? nothing good about the scenery or the music even? o.o

it honestly was not as bad as the critics said it was. aye, it did need several improvements, but it wasn't just outright horrible. there were a few redeeming aspects to it in my opinion.

but, to each his/her own I guess.
~Tenoko~
toruk
Jul 17, 2010 21:28:26 GMT -6

Post by toruk on Jul 17, 2010 21:28:26 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The movie wasn't all bad. The plot felt INSANELY rushed, but it still got most of the point across. I mean come on do we really have to have Jet? I do dislike the lack of the Kyoshi warriors especially considering Suki is really integral later in the story. The music was actually pretty good and matched the setting pretty well. The scenery was pretty awesome and fit the setting nicely. The bending effects were pretty cool to look at, and the firebenders being unable to create their own fire makes a little more sense for the need for Sozin's Comet. I think the biggest dissapointment for me was the lack of important key traits for each character. I.E No sarcasm from Sokka. No creature fun with Aang. I understand that the directors tried to takei t a different way, but their little group isn't as engaging as it should've been.
This user is a guest
Last edit by toruk: Jul 17, 2010 21:30:39 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jul 17, 2010 22:14:01 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
zutarianninja - Tenoko's right. Please refrain from double posting in the future. That's what the Modify button is for.
This user is Mod
wei
Jul 17, 2010 23:22:19 GMT -6

Post by wei on Jul 17, 2010 23:22:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I doubt worst movie ever...that probably still falls to anything Uwe Boll has directed
This user is a guest
pokahia
Jul 19, 2010 8:57:28 GMT -6

Post by pokahia on Jul 19, 2010 8:57:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
to much karate type fighting. what i say they should have down was make the whole thing animated with motion senser suits. that would make it a whole lot better.
This user is a guest