The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

FANS HATE THE MOVIE

Post by Gia on Jul 2, 2010 13:49:28 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Shio - I don't agree that Aang/Katara is killed off, personally, and you know how I feel about Zutara. I sincerely hope that if - by some odd chance - M. Night decides to do Books 2 and 3 that he doesn't ruin canon that way.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 2, 2010 14:29:13 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
The more I hear about this movie, the more I rage and stew internally. It really hurts to see canon being abused in this way; I thought I had seen some pretty shoddy anime —> live action films, but so far, TLA really takes the cake.

And I *still* haven't seen it yet. @___@
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 2, 2010 15:19:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 2, 2010 15:19:48 GMT -6

Haha, Saiki. I was laughing my ass off just about the entire time. My younger brother and I were about to die from the small comment I said, which may not be so funny but here goes my attempt at properly recalling the movie's exchange:

<spoiler>

Iroh:We are going to administer the test.
Me: *Performs a rubber glove motion that always accompanies a cavity search*
Iroh:Don't worry, it won't hurt a bit.
Me and my younger brother: Covering our mouths at how perfectly synchronized my riff was, at least to ourselves.
</spoiler>

That's probably the case, Karena, but I'm still hoping for a sequel because I enjoyed the movie experience, not the movie itself, but the sheer hilarity that was our showings riff track. I don't know if it was my sleep deprived delusions but I had a blast.

And Toph, just use a coping mechanism, mine is always humor. And believe me, when you use that this movie abounds in it. Just use my facebook advice. Like Karena said, it's not as bad as the rating would make you think, the criticism is accurate though.
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 2, 2010 15:20:46 GMT -6
malta
Jul 2, 2010 17:41:13 GMT -6

Post by malta on Jul 2, 2010 17:41:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I do agree that it was quite a bit off, but am I the only one that didn't like how Zhao got killed?

<spoilers>
La, the ocean spirit, didn't go into his mad rage with the help of avatar state Aang, but instead just lets four random, faceless waterbenders drown him to death in a bubble.
</spoilers>

And the bending and names were bad. Well at least it exceeded my expectations (there were images on the screen after all)
This user is a guest
saiki
Jul 2, 2010 18:31:55 GMT -6

Post by saiki on Jul 2, 2010 18:31:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Wow Shio thats fantastic! If I were there I would have definitely cracked up along with you lmao

The entire time my friends wanted to kill me cause I always made awkward actions with my body (how I tend to let out my frustration) My friend seriously told me that she was going to punch me if I didn't stop...she of course didn't understand the amount of pain I was in just watching!

@malta: yea agreed the bending was awful
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 2, 2010 19:36:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 2, 2010 19:36:44 GMT -6

I completely understand where you come from, Saiki. I heard a lot of people moaning and fidgeting in pain. I too suffered on behalf of movie Sokka and Katara, and to think that they "belonged there," according to Shyallallamallon. Thankfully, I abandoned all hope before seeing the film, but it still hurt. Still, I just hope that someone new comes along or better yet Shamallamallamallon wakes up and lets someone else write the thing. He stuffed too much into that movie.

And depending on your stance of guys judging ladies appearances you would have either enjoyed or hated my older brother's friend's shouts when Yue was first shown "Oh, my GOD! Yue is f*cking gorgeous!"

Then he got up to leave, at the black out which I too thought was the end until I remembered a review I read, and told him to wait for Azula's scene; he still got up to and proceeded to walk out, all the while talking loudly about his grievances, they showed the end, which was the same as the shows so that's why I didn't spoiler this. Azula finished her speech, he pointed at the screen and shouted "I will watch it for you!"

The Avatards in my section and I all laughed at those comments.

@malta- Haha, that is so true. >D. Although, I did like how Zhao died

<spoilers>

Especially when that waterbender just turned to dodge his fireblast, I actually cheered at that. And then, they dumped his drowned self on the screen and just bam, "Oh no, he's dead. See."

I also loved how Yue's hair turned dark brown when she died. It was pointless because they told us what happened, but still it was a nice touch, in my opinion. I also preferred Iroh's dialogue there as apposed to his "You have been touched by the moon spirit," the choice of anointed gave it more of a spiritual undertone, in my opinion at least.

</spoiler>
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 2, 2010 20:11:45 GMT -6
malta
Jul 2, 2010 20:49:38 GMT -6

Post by malta on Jul 2, 2010 20:49:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
@shio- I just kept waiting for Iroh to say "What ever you do to that fish, I will unleash on you ten fold" but he never said it. That was the best line of season one climax.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jul 2, 2010 21:54:59 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Yes, that line was neat, and I agree, the exchange in the Spirit Oasis about Yue was nice.

SPOILERSPOILER

As for how Zhao died... I hated it. That's the only part of the movie - other than no Kyoshi Warriors - that I truly hated. I always liked the fact that the Ocean Spirit did it in revenge. That, and I missed the fight between Zuko and Zhao, too. :(

</spoiler>
This user is Mod
kuroda
Jul 2, 2010 22:51:39 GMT -6

Post by kuroda on Jul 2, 2010 22:51:39 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Even though my head hurt from all of the face palms by the end, I do have to admit that the movie did have some high points. The part where Zhao stabs the fish came out perfect; unfortunately, it was ruined when ALL of the fire nation people wet themselves because Iroh has magic hands... Perhaps the best part of the entire movie was when Aang was running to the walls the Northern Water Tribe... that run was perfectly choreographed. Again, unfortunately they didn't do some cool tsunami-wrecking-the-fire-nation-navy scene :(
This user is a guest
Last edit by kuroda: Jul 2, 2010 22:53:11 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jul 2, 2010 23:33:46 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Yeah, that end scene was okay, but I would have liked to see more than one ship wrecked, personally.

Although, I will say, that sinister little smile by Azula at the end was nice.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 3, 2010 7:47:50 GMT -6

well our local theater has it only in REAL 3D [!!!!!] so I'm not seeing TLA any time soon. >_>;; Why must 3D ruin everything?
This user is Mod
saiki
Jul 3, 2010 7:52:54 GMT -6

Post by saiki on Jul 3, 2010 7:52:54 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well I watched it in Real 3D and I honestly don't think it made much of a difference. The entire time I honestly sat there waiting for 3D special effects.....and there were none :o Nothing really flew toward my face or anything, all it really did was just magnify the screen itself

Oh and I so totally agree!! Almost every freaking trailer said "Coming Soon in 3D!" .... it drove me insane....what happened to the good old days when movies didn't attempt to blow up your brain with special effects?!?!?!

I kind of liked Appa...he still looked adorable xD
This user is a guest
kuroda
Jul 3, 2010 8:16:14 GMT -6

Post by kuroda on Jul 3, 2010 8:16:14 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
3D is the FUTURE! Or so I'm constantly being told, but honestly, I'm sick of wearing glasses and paying like $4 more for the movie...
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 3, 2010 8:40:55 GMT -6

As far as the 3D goes, it's a piece of crap. The 3D effects for TLA were all added post-production, which means that the movie was not created and optimised with 3D effects in mind — rendering 3D completely useless and a waste of money. I wear glasses already, so the 3D glasses over mine are a pain in the butt. Plus, I dislike the ensuing headache.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 3, 2010 9:55:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 3, 2010 9:55:48 GMT -6

Oh god, not 3D. I heard it was overall worse in 3D because it looked darker or something like that, and the film is already pretty void of light.

And for the end, yes they should have all been drowned like in the show. That was the best scene in the whole SoTN, Koizilla just tore everything apart and here it felt meh-is.

I liked how they fit the Blue Spirit into the movie, what I mean by that is that I liked how they played it out, the only problem in that Shyallamallamallon forgot that this world is a globe and that the North and South cannot have the same season at the same time. Something the show was guilty of as well.
Anonymous
Jul 3, 2010 11:37:35 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 3, 2010 11:37:35 GMT -6

well our local theater has it only in REAL 3D [!!!!!] so I'm not seeing TLA any time soon. >_>;; Why must 3D ruin everything?

don't worry sugar, you & I will get around to seeing it some time.

This 3D fad can go back out of style any time now as far as I'm concerned.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 3, 2010 12:28:36 GMT -6

rui Avatar

don't worry sugar, you & I will get around to seeing it some time.

This 3D fad can go back out of style any time now as far as I'm concerned.

I don't mind 3D (but won't watch, regardless) if the movie starts with it *in mind* and optimises for it. But in the case of TLA, it was added post production, which means it wasn't made with 3D in mind, originally, and they're just capitalising on this (stupid) fad.
This user is Mod
rintokohona
Jul 3, 2010 15:25:08 GMT -6

Post by rintokohona on Jul 3, 2010 15:25:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I kept looking at my mom when they ruined stuff. We're both Avatards, but I'm more of one than she is. I wanted to dieeeeeee. Sokka was a screw up. Aang, eh. Katara, eh. Zuko, NOHH. I didn't like Dav Patel as him. I think it was an awful choice. Almost all firebenders were indian, when in truth, it's more of a Japanese/Chinese thing.

HARU WAS LIKE, 5!!!!!!!! What in the name of St. Paul!?!?

The Quarry was retarded. They totally botched that.

At the end of the movie, some guy stood up and yelled, "You suck, Shyamalan!"

I want to HUNT. HIM. DOWN.

Nick had a special about like, behind the scenes. M. Night Shadouchery said that he was in love with the Kyoshi warriors, and shot SO MUCH footage of them, the movie was surrounding them, and not the main plot, so he took them out all together.

It sucked how they didn't show Yue and her 'fiance' or anything. .__.

I talked to this like, 9 year old next to me at the end and we were like, "He's screwed up all the movies, with no Kyoshi Warriors! Suki's like, a main character!"

//end rant
This user is a guest
malta
Jul 4, 2010 1:55:27 GMT -6

Post by malta on Jul 4, 2010 1:55:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Three words:
Ahng, So-ka, Eroh
Translation:
Aang, Sokka, Iroh

I wanna know how he messed up the names, it's not like they say them each and every episode. OH WAIT THEY DO!!!!
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 4, 2010 17:26:53 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 4, 2010 17:26:53 GMT -6

^ He did that on purpose, actually.