The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Village of Mount Makapu II

taedxoa
Jan 14, 2007 15:05:50 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Jan 14, 2007 15:05:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Welcome to the Village of Mount Makapu, a little village resting at the base of the active volcano, Mount Makapu, home of Aunt Wu, the seer. People here are friendly, but they aslo believe Aunt Wu's predictions whole-heartedly, so if you don't, I would keep it to yourself. If you're interested in a prediction, Aunt Wu would love to help you!

OOC: Unlike last time, we have an Aunt Wu! (Me.) Please send me a PM if you are asking Aunt Wu for your reading. Though I use Meng often, she's an NPC.
If you need to refer to the previous Mount Makapu thread... well... there ya go.
This user is a guest
Last edit by taedxoa: Jan 14, 2007 15:06:13 GMT -6
karanbir
Jan 18, 2007 19:14:44 GMT -6

Post by karanbir on Jan 18, 2007 19:14:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: Taed...its uh.. Abhay... this character is Abhay not Karanbir x.x

-Abhay-

Abhay looked down to the floor and placed his right hand on his chin and rested his elbow on top of his left hand. His face was full of thought, and concentration. The heat from the flame beat down on his face as he thought of what Aunt Wu had said. The significance of his companions... He was only traveling with Jakita... He smiled and looked up at Aunt Wu's face.

"Oh yes! I am traveling with my friend Jakita! I only met her recently but i quickly felt as if I could place my trust in her! Oh thank you Aunt Wu! Thanks to you i am confident that I can trust her! Oh but uh... Oh please continue!" He said smiling. The warm fire illuminated the dark room and filled it with a crackling and popping sounds.
This user is a guest
Last edit by taedxoa: Jan 18, 2007 19:15:15 GMT -6
taedxoa
Jan 22, 2007 13:08:38 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Jan 22, 2007 13:08:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: Sorry about that, and about the long break. I'm back, sort of.

Aunt Wu chuckled at Abhay's enthusiasm but returned her gaze to the bone. "Well there isn't much more to see here on the bone... the X in the square which denotes the Earth Kingdom, but that could mean practically anything. Unless you have a strong attachment to it, or it means something to you... only you would know that. Um... a few undecipherable cracks... and a triangular chip in the bone, which indicates three. Three days, I would say. Be watching the signs at that time."

She set the bone down. "I realize that the reading was a bit enigmatic, but I hope that it answers your questions, Abhay. I'd say that Jakita's involvement in your life is part of the answer. Good luck to you and your friend." She smiled at the traveller and took up her cup of tea, sipping it lightly.
This user is a guest
Last edit by taedxoa: Jan 22, 2007 13:09:21 GMT -6
blink
Feb 10, 2007 0:31:26 GMT -6

Post by blink on Feb 10, 2007 0:31:26 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Heh. Here we go. Taed's Peacemakers TIMESHIFTED!)

A small group of travelers trudged into the village of Mount Makapu, exhaustion written on their faces in the light of the setting sun. Two, warriors by their garb and gear, had claimed scout and tail positions. Another, a waterbender female, gave these two a suspious look from time to time. One of the remaining two carried the other, even greater exhaustion clear in his slump shoulders under the burden of another young man.

The one in front, a tall thin man with the dark features and blue eyes of the Water Tribe, raised one hand, curiously eyeing the riblike projections of stone surrounding the village. He spoke softly, "We have arrived. Now what?"
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Feb 10, 2007 10:09:24 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Feb 10, 2007 10:09:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Goen carefully set his unconscious brother on the ground and sighed. "Now... I don't know. Taed wanted to come to Makapu. I don't even know what's in Makapu. And his spirit is still gone to who-knows-where." He absent-mindedly rubbed his forehead and sat down next to Taed's body. It had been a long walk, but at least he had been able to trade off with Kraj and Nenji for carrying Taed's body. And Goen was the sole earthbender on the journey.

Etsuko was happy to finally be able to contibute something to the group again; she had remained mostly silent, even when differences between the Galgori and the firebenders (minus Taed) had caused Zekvax to take Rahara and Zuran, and leave the group. That made her the sole waterbender in the group. "I know that. The village of Mount Makapu is the home of the prophetess, Aunt Wu. She can tell anyone their fortunes and futures. I always wanted to come here." She rubbed her nose. It itched in this dry noonday heat. "Maybe Taed wanted her to tell us where to go next."
This user is a guest
Last edit by taedxoa: Feb 10, 2007 10:17:12 GMT -6
blink
Feb 10, 2007 11:12:14 GMT -6

Post by blink on Feb 10, 2007 11:12:14 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kraj gave the Waterbender a measuring look from the corner of his eye, shrugging before replying, "We refer to her as the Oracle among my people, but yes, that could be what he intended. She is a... special woman, the latest of a long line of seers, touched with a measure of our patron's foresight and wisdom, someone we respect and protect if passing near this place. But as long as Taed remains unconsious..."

Nenji nodded agreement, mildly uneasy at being in the village armed. That was not done. It showed disrespect to the Oracle, this place a nuetral ground in the Long War. "We could rest for the day, make plans tommorow."
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Feb 10, 2007 12:20:24 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Feb 10, 2007 12:20:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Etsuko sighed and looked off in the distance. Taed, where are you? You really need to be here right now... Shrugging, she turned back to Kraj and Nenji and, with controlled distrust, said, "I would like to go to her now. But there's no need for us all to go, you're right. Taed had an idea for us all to live in peace, and he needs to be here when we see Aunt Wu together."

"Do you want to go see her by yourself?" Goen asked, scratching his right ear.

Etsu thought for a moment, and then suddenly said, "I feel a little sick... I think I need to get out of the sun." She touched her side gently and then let her hand fall again. She looked at Goen, and then at Kraj and Nenji. No need for hostilities; by now they had proven they wouldn't hurt her unless she did something stupid. And Etsuko was not a stupid girl.

OOC: And now — she's back!!! YAY! So I am surrendering Etsuko's character back to her. We missed you! :)
This user is a guest
Last edit by taedxoa: Feb 20, 2007 9:38:51 GMT -6
etsuko
Feb 20, 2007 4:32:19 GMT -6

Post by etsuko on Feb 20, 2007 4:32:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Could we rest at an inn? I need to get some rest after the journey." she looked round at all of them, awaiting their replies. The sun had been shining upon them mercilessly and Etsu really needed to get out of the heat before she contracted another migraine. Headaches seemed to burden her day by day, and she had been surviving on the soft melody of her flute to soothe her mind.

"You guys could take a walk around this place, but I really need a rest before going to visit Aunt Wu." Etsuko suggested, wiping perspiration off her forehead with the back of her hand. She slid her right hand into her pocket and fingered the flute delicately, having made plans in mind to play some music to get rid of the headache. Feeling slightly dizzy, she staggered over to the side and leaned against the wooden pole, closing her eyes tightly to stop herself from fainting.

"These headaches had better go away...I can't continue on the journey like this." she thought, coughing. Etsu released her hand from the pole and regained her balance, giving the rest of her team a weak smile.

ooc: Haha, I missed y'all too! x)) Guess I was working too hard that I forgot to play hard as well. Too much pressure from peers and teachers. Argh. x__x.
This user is a guest
Last edit by taedxoa: Feb 21, 2007 2:28:30 GMT -6
blink
Feb 25, 2007 10:43:13 GMT -6

Post by blink on Feb 25, 2007 10:43:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Much Delayed, but here I go...)

"Agreed," returned the dark-skinned Hunter, one hand resting uneasily on a boomerang, a nervous habit since he had no intention of attacking unless it was self defense, "Goen, I'll take Taed, and you assist Estuko if need be. There is a good Inn here we use whenever passing through this area."

Nenji smiled slimly at his friend's tone, indicating a building off to the side of square, the sign proclaiming it The Flying Bison. "Yes, cheap, clean, and mostly honest," he added, waiting for agreement or disagreement from the two Benders.
This user is a guest
etsuko
Feb 26, 2007 3:28:36 GMT -6

Post by etsuko on Feb 26, 2007 3:28:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"That sounds...alright. Let's make a move then." she replied, picking up pace as she headed towards the building that Nenji had pointed to somewhere near the village square. "So, where are y'all going?", Etsuko stopped to ask Kraj and the rest who are staying behind.

The afternoon heat began to take its toll on her again. At a young age, Etsuko had been quite sensitive to heat, due to the fact that she had been living in the South Pole ever since she was brought in by the Water Tribe Elders. She could endure coldness, but not heat. It was a killer to her.
This user is a guest
Last edit by taedxoa: Feb 27, 2007 6:37:43 GMT -6
taedxoa
Feb 26, 2007 8:58:24 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Feb 26, 2007 8:58:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: Etsu — We have Kraj, not Halaku. And that's everyone — you, me, Goen, Kraj, and Nenji. We lost everyone else.

"That's fine, Kraj, thank you. Etsuko, you don't look so good," Goen said, taking her arm. "Are you feeling all right?" As the Galgori took Taed's body, Goen started guiding the waterbender toward the inn. "Interesting, huh? The only people left are a single firebender, single earthbender, single waterbender, and two bender hunters." He chuckled a little as he reached for the door to the inn.
This user is a guest
etsuko
Feb 27, 2007 6:37:08 GMT -6

Post by etsuko on Feb 27, 2007 6:37:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
ooc; Ooh...The confusion! x((

"Isn't it...sad? I prefer to go with a big group of people. Well, the more Benders the better!" she said cheerily with a bright smile on her face. Etsuko then touched her forehead gingerly, and then her face dropped slightly,"It's...nothing much. Just a drastic change in climate has caused this...Although I don't know why it decides to take effect now after being away from the South Pole for so long..." she trailed off.
This user is a guest
saphirefire
Feb 28, 2007 17:24:32 GMT -6

Post by saphirefire on Feb 28, 2007 17:24:32 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Her short hair was pulled back into two stubs of pig tails, and her pale milk white skin studied the village before her. The villagers where bustling around doing there daily business. The village wasn't loud with lots of chatter from villagers but there was still quite a lot of chatter. Her blue eyes scanned up the mountain to the tip of the fiery mouth. Though the monster inside was sleeping.

She wore a white loose shirt that came tucked loosely into a pair of black pants that clung to her thin legs. The thin clothed shoes made a soft padding noise as Okimi stepped forward into the village. Her mind wandered off to different things, the expression on her face was vacant as if she wasn't really there. Slowly she made her way through the crowd not paying particular attention to whom or what was near. And soon enough she bumped into someone knocking them to the ground. Okimi leaned forward to get a better look and said, "It most not be to pleasant to be on the ground"
This user is a guest
roax
Feb 28, 2007 18:49:20 GMT -6

Post by roax on Feb 28, 2007 18:49:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Roax was walking through the village normally wearing his usual clothing, his green and yellow robe, when he was knocked to the ground by someone of something. He looed up to see who it had been and said "no it's not really." He scaned the girl over as he waited for a reply unsure if maybe this person could maybe be a companion for ihm to travel with.
This user is a guest
saphirefire
Feb 28, 2007 18:54:31 GMT -6

Post by saphirefire on Feb 28, 2007 18:54:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"I thought not, considering the ground is so hard and uncomfortable" Okimi said thoughtfully then sat down next to him not paying attention to the feet that came awfully close to trampling on them. She scooted a little bit and said, "Not in the least bit comfortable" She said cocking her head at the boy who she had knocked over. "Hm do you often find yourself here?" She said reffering to the village, but it sounded as if she were talking about sitting on the ground.
This user is a guest
roax
Feb 28, 2007 19:06:16 GMT -6

Post by roax on Feb 28, 2007 19:06:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Roax sat up as Okimi sat next to him. "Yeah I noticed it isn't" he said happily. He was suprised to see Okimi sitting next to him but he didn't care. He looked to the ground for a bit before looking to Okimi and replying to her question saying, "no not really I have jsut been traveling about." After a while he stuck his hand out and asked "my names Roax, what's yours?"
This user is a guest
saphirefire
Feb 28, 2007 19:25:48 GMT -6

Post by saphirefire on Feb 28, 2007 19:25:48 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Okimi nodded, "Traveling is fun isn't it, I mean all the people you meet, and all the different types of cultures." She said and smiled lightly then looked at him as he held out his hand. She cocked her head at the hand for a moment, "Okimi the pirate" She said adding the last bit on because she felt inclinded to, though recently she hadn't been doing much pirating with Kaito and his comrades. Her eyes left the hand which she hadn't understood and then leaned back on her elbows. She tilted her head back and let the sun light up her milky skin.
This user is a guest
roax
Feb 28, 2007 19:45:51 GMT -6

Post by roax on Feb 28, 2007 19:45:51 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
:Yeah it is, all of those things and you get to make good friendships along the way if your traveling with someone" Roax said happily. When he heard Okimi say her name he said "it's nice to meet you Okimi." He took back the hand noticing that Okimi didn't understand that he had wanted it shaken/
This user is a guest
saphirefire
Feb 28, 2007 19:51:30 GMT -6

Post by saphirefire on Feb 28, 2007 19:51:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Friendships...?" Okimi pondered, tapped her chin, and then said, "Oh yes like Kaito and Tao Kong" She said who where her only friends... well what she considered friends. The two of them where the only ones who actually talked to her, when she was in the Fire Nation, no one took her seriously there and rarely talked to her. She smiled at him, "Well then if you make them while traveling, then that makes traveling even the greater" She said smiling looking up at the sky.
This user is a guest
roax
Mar 1, 2007 7:22:26 GMT -6

Post by roax on Mar 1, 2007 7:22:26 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"I guess so" Roax said not really knowing what Okimi was talking about. He put his hand on the ground for a few seconds and when it was almost stepped on he toke it off the ground and got up saying "you know we shouoldn't be sitting on the floor and talking because were probably going to get steeped on soon. We should find somewhere more appripaite to talk at." He once again extended his hand to OKimi but this time to help her get off the ground.
This user is a guest