The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Village of Mount Makapu II

roax
Mar 26, 2007 15:23:25 GMT -6

Post by roax on Mar 26, 2007 15:23:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Roax was suprised of how she spoke about the place. To him it was a horrible place to live, and he knew that since he once lived there himself, that is before he started traveling around. He was usprised by Rukira's next question, us traveling together Roax thought, I could live with that for a bit and see how that goes. After a few seconds he said "I guess that would be fine, maybe for all we know, we could become friends in that time." ONce he said that he waited for Rukra to speak, hoping she wouldn't mind what he had just said.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 27, 2007 14:59:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 27, 2007 14:59:11 GMT -6

Rukira just shrugged her shoulders and said "That is fine with me." It's strange how it seems that I always seem to hang out with guys rather than girls...oh well just another thing that being such a tomboy can do.

"So Roax..." she said "Exactly how old are you? You look about 14, 15, sixteen is really a long shot...if that is too personal don't mind me...given the fact that what happen to me while Earth bending happened when I was 15 which now would be about four almost five years now...Hey are you a bender? I swear after that I will for sure shut up with the dumb questions." She sighed once again she didn't know if this was a trait she had had all her life or if it was just a habit that she was forming now...she really wished that now she could shove all this nonscence of her life out and start over fresh which was once again forming to be impossible.
This user is a former member
roax
Mar 27, 2007 15:08:05 GMT -6

Post by roax on Mar 27, 2007 15:08:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Cool" Roax replied. Looks like I found myself a new compainion Roax thought happily. When he heard all the questions coming his way, he just listened patiently so he could get all the questions, and hopefully not misunderstand any of them.

When he heard Rukira stopped, he thought about his answrs for a few seconds and then said, "I'm fifteen, and what does it really matter, you have a problem with traveling with someone younger than you? As for your second question I am a bender, and as you probably can tell an earthbender, and don't worry about asking dumb questions, I don't mind, you can ask me anything whenever you need. And now I have two questions of my own, if you have no problem answering them that is. My first one is how old are you, you seem to be about eightteenish or maybe nineteen. And my other one is what did happen to you whiloe you were earthbending when you were 15, and if you don't want to answer either one of those questions you don't have to." Once he finished speaking he toke a deep breath and waited to hear any replies from Rukira, and that is, if they are any.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 27, 2007 18:44:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 27, 2007 18:44:00 GMT -6

Rukira looked at Roax and said "Well for starters I was just curious as to your age nothing personal...I'm 19 close to twenty and as far as what happen to me its a long story..." She then sighed and decided to tell him.

"I was practiceing my Earth bending with one of my three bros...when I became stupid and let a large boulder hit me in the head, which I toatlly could have avoided given what my bros said...anyway it hit me in the head I was almost killed by it and when I woke up everything in my memory was gone...I still no nothing about me which seems kind of sad since my family knows more about me then I do...I just find it weird that's all...just think you're 15 and what if everything that ever happened to you was just wiped clean from your memory? That is what happened to me...mostly I just travel now to hopefully get something back since being with my folks doesn't seem to be helping me that much..." She then stopped and thought about her own brothers and how they were all doing now that she left.
roax
Mar 28, 2007 13:23:11 GMT -6

Post by roax on Mar 28, 2007 13:23:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Okay, I was just checking to make sure you didn;t have any problems with me being younger. And nineteen, and almost twenty, you make me feel small but I'll live, it'll be nice traveling with someone older than me again" Roax said merrily. When he heard Rukira tell what happened to her, he felt sad hearing it, knowing that it must have been bad, even if didn't see what happened or even knew her before that. When she finished speaking he was looking down at the ground so he looked back up at her and said "wow, that's really sad. I'm sorry that happened to you." After a few seconds he toke off his mind and asked, so where are you exactly heading to next Rukira, so we can get started on traveling that is? Wonder where she's headed Roax thought.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 29, 2007 16:25:26 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 29, 2007 16:25:26 GMT -6

"Yeah..." said Rukira "I mostly have been hanging out with people younger than me ever since I left home which is good since I used to hang out with just my three older bros...which can get annoying if you are the youngest..."

Rukira began to wonder where on earth they would be headed...she had no idea as to where she was really compaired to where her home was but she was not going back yet that is... "Well did you plan on staying here for a while or are you like my and just stopping for some rest before heading out? Really I have no problem with what ever you're doing mostly I just want to make sure I stay somewhere where there is earth that way I can still bend."

Rukira thought that it was odd that though she was a member of the Earth Kingdom she looked more like she belonged to the Water Tribe because of how she was dressed. Oh well that can't be helped now can it...this place just seems so so peaceful almost like they are all hiding something...or maybe under the guide of someone else? I don't know...
roax
Mar 29, 2007 16:31:08 GMT -6

Post by roax on Mar 29, 2007 16:31:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Oh" he said laughing, "I never had any siblings so I don't know what it's like like that, and I'm normally the youngest too, but I don't mind it, it's fun sometimes." When he hearad her question he thought for a bit and said "well, if we were going to stay here it would be expensive to do so, and I could only afford one room, which I'm sure you wouldn't want, so I think we should head out and find somewhere else to go. And of course where ever we go, we'll have earth to bend, I couldn't live without it."

Roax looked at the ground for a few seconds before looking back up at Rukira, smiling brightly hoping that this new companion he found, could end up being a good friend. he tapped his feet a few times, just to have some vibrations in the ground but stopped after a bit, having felt enough of them to be able to "see" somethings that were under the ground.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 30, 2007 16:26:38 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 30, 2007 16:26:38 GMT -6

Roax's smile seemed to creep Rukira out a bit..but she got over it "Yeah this place just seems like a totally bad idea...I mean it is expensive, everyone seems too happy, and who builds a village under a volcano?" She then folded her arms and said "Ok if we are going to get going be better get a move on it...this place is somewhat creeping me out..."

She then started to walk when she said "I have no idea where I'm going but if you have any place in interest now is time to say something before we get going..." This whole place just seemed too calm to the point it was scary...she had heard that there were some people like this in Ba Sing Se she was so glad she would never go there. People like that...I just want to sock right in the face...oh well maybe later I can get some training done which I haven't gotten to in forever!
roax
Mar 31, 2007 8:22:02 GMT -6

Post by roax on Mar 31, 2007 8:22:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Roax looked down at the ground as Rukira spoke. "Yeah it is a bad idea, it's really just a bunch of deaths waiting to happen, I guess no one reaizes that the volcano is actually dormant, which means it could erupt any time" he said calmly. As he listned to Rukira speak he thought of places but couldn't think of any that he was really dead set on going. "Well" Roax began, "I don't really have anyone that I want to go to, just anywhere that's not Ba-Sig-Se, that place gives me more creeps than this place." That place was horrible ROax thought, with the Dai Li(spelling ay not be correct) taking over everything.
This user is a guest
Last edit by roax: Mar 31, 2007 8:49:37 GMT -6
Anonymous
Apr 2, 2007 12:39:45 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Apr 2, 2007 12:39:45 GMT -6

Rukira still had her arms folded as she sighed and said "Ok then we'll just start walking and that will be the end of that come on let's get going..." The whole village was just so vibrat and had a too clean feel to it. Rukira just sighed again as her arms fell to her sides as she slowly started to walk away making sure that Roax was keeping up with her. "Hey Roax if it isn't too much trouble a little bit later I would like to get to some training with my earth bending if you don't mind that is."

Rukira then started to think of home again. How her yougest of her three older brothers seemed so upset that all of this had happened to her. She wondered if her two other brothers were trying to knock reality back into him like usual...they were such a funny bunch to watch and get into a fight now and then. Of course they never hurt Rukira badly seeing as she was the youngest and their only sister...though from time to time was mentioned as the youngest brother I wonder what they are all doing...I sure hope my bros haven't done anything to stupid while I'm gone.
roax
Apr 2, 2007 14:50:07 GMT -6

Post by roax on Apr 2, 2007 14:50:07 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Roac followed behind Rukira staring down at the ground in thought. When he heard Rukira speak he got out of his thoughts and listened. Some training would be good Roax thought. "Sure" Roax responded, "some training would be good. And if you want, we could have a practice battle even." Wonder where we are going to end up Roax thought, hopefully it's somewhere fun, but it doesn't have to be, as long as it's away from those pesky Dai Li or the Fire Nation I guess I'll be fine. Roax looked at the buildings in the area thinking about them and why someone would even bother to make a building under a volcano where all the people could die so easily.
This user is a guest
indianajane
Apr 8, 2007 11:15:47 GMT -6

Post by indianajane on Apr 8, 2007 11:15:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Jakita had that feeling of something bad happening again. She wasn’t worried about all of the animals, but something else. She shook it off, and hurried after Abhay. He had tensed up when she asked about his parents. “Abhay, I doubt anything happened to your parents.” She didn’t know if it was reassuring, but it was the only way she knew how to correct her mistake. She was having doubts about going. Jakita looked up as they passed through the gate out of Makapu, and wished that she wasn’t going. She didn’t feel safe leaving, since this was her only home for a while now. Jakita readjusted the strap on her bag, glancing at Abhay, trying to guess what he was thinking. Why did he want to go with her? When they first met, Jakita had considered stealing from him, for Agni’s sake! What if it was a trap? He knew she was injured, and he also knew that the earth nation’s soldiers in the village were after her. They did have a reward on her head, although it was fake. She glanced behind her, just to make sure it was safe. Jakita saw movement, and stopped to watch it. Looking carefully, she saw it was the same soldiers. They were creeping closer, trying to sneak up on them. She pulled lightly on Abhay’s sleeve, telling him to stop and look. “Isn’t that a pretty bird?” She pointed to a rather ugly bird above them, hoping Abhay would get it. Should they fight or run? A slight twinge of pain reminded her she was in no condition to really do either. She let the hand pointing at the bird drop, it floating casually to where her broad swords were hidden.
This user is a guest
karanbir
Apr 8, 2007 11:39:59 GMT -6

Post by karanbir on Apr 8, 2007 11:39:59 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Abhay walked down the dirt road which eventually lead to the village gate... Outside of the gate the scenery did a complete 180. What was once small buildings and little fruit stands became a lush green forest... Just how Abhay liked it...

But he wasn't able to enjoy the nature just yet... He felt a tug on his sleeve, and then Jakita pointed at some freakish bird... It looked as if some one had taken a shovel and broke it over the ugly things head... But.. she called it pretty? No way could she be talking about the same bird that he was looking at.

Then he heard a rustling sound.. He turned around and noticed that a few earth kingdom soldiers had been following them... four.. maybe five... Where they after Jakita?

" Well you know what! That lil bird there is about to become our lunch!" He exclaimed as her reached for his bow, and motioned his head telling Jakita to start walking ahead. He then drew a blunt arrow to fire. He placed the arrow on the hard wood frame of the bow and placed his fingers around the tightly strung string, slowly pulling it back as he took aim for the mutant bird... Then he suddenly spun to face the soldiers... one of them had noticed his sudden move but before he could react the blunt arrow had streaked right between his eye's knocking him out cold.

The young archer then drew another one of the arrows as his four comrades burst out of the foliage and began to run toward them, weapons in hand. Another arrow streaked through the air striking yet another one of those stupid guards. The man who he ran beside stopped to aid him, only to be stricken down himself.. Only 2 remained, but they where far to close for a bow attack. They swung their weapons wildly at Abhay as he ducked and dodged their attacks.
This user is a guest
indianajane
Apr 8, 2007 12:15:35 GMT -6

Post by indianajane on Apr 8, 2007 12:15:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Jakita shook her head, afraid he didn’t get it, but walked ahead, slowly. She listened for any noise coming from behind her, and when she heard the soldiers crash out into the open she spun around. Abhay easily knocked out three, but before he could take out the last two they started to strike at him. It hit her then that he really didn’t care about her past or anything, he liked her. Even if she was a thief. And that all that was going to change if she didn’t help him. Taking a deep breath and reacting quickly, Jakita ran back towards them. When she was close enough to them, Jakita skid to a stop, not only sending dust up at them but also fire. The soldiers backed up, frightened, never having fought fire before. Jakita sprang up and kicked at them, sending another flame. One turned to escape but tripped over his own feet and fell, hitting his head on another soldiers amour. The other one got hit directly by the attack, and fell to the ground. Jakita straightened up, breathing hard because she hadn’t bended in a while and her wounds were moved beyond her liking. She turned to Ahbay to see if he was okay, then remembered, he didn’t know she was a Fire Bender. She involuntarily gasped, then walked quickly past him, not looking him in the face. He would have to hate her know. Who wouldn’t? Everybody hated fire nation. ‘I over-reacted. Abhay would have been fine.’ She told herself. ‘Now he doesn’t want to talk to you again.’ Another voice in her head told her that it was better this way. She had only acted out because she cared about Abhay and now that he couldn’t care about her she was free to leave and forget about him. But she didn’t want to. She sped up, not wanting Abhay to catch up.
This user is a guest
karanbir
Apr 8, 2007 13:20:31 GMT -6

Post by karanbir on Apr 8, 2007 13:20:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
A instant feeling of pain had come across Abhay's right leg. His eyes winced in agony, as he looked down to see what had caused such a feeling. There was now a bloodied wound in his leg, but thankfully it was not a deep one, but god did it hurt. The soldier who had inflicted the wound upon him smiled as he readied another attack. His partner had already swung, aiming for the young man's head... He had managed to duck under it, but in doing so he had left himself completely exposed to the firsts attack.

' crap... this is it... After this i will either be dead, or unable to fight..' He did not close his eye's, no he did not even blink... but what he saw next would have him question his own eye sight... A jet of flame streaked into the man who was bringing down the sword sending him several feet away and into the ground. He was aw struck... who sent that blast of fire? Was it Jakita? He wasn't aware that she was a bender... He quickly got up to his feet ignoring his wound which was now oozing blood slowly... if it was any deeper it would be spilling blood by the pint, but it merely hurt.

"Jakita! Wow that was... " But when he turned to face her she had already put some distance between them.

"Jakita!" He yelled as grabbed his bow which was on the ground, and his fishing pole, before taking off after her. When he had caught up to her he grabbed her by the shoulder.

"Hey where do you think you are going?" He asked her in a soft tone of voice.
This user is a guest
indianajane
Apr 9, 2007 21:14:31 GMT -6

Post by indianajane on Apr 9, 2007 21:14:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Jakita ignored Abhay and kept walking. The voices in her head were gone, but she was still confused and disoriented. Why did he follow her instead of reporting her? Again, that feeling of him not caring washed over her, but she ignored it. Jakita stopped suddenly, turning to him. “Your hurt,” was all she said. She went off the road and into the woods for a bit, until running water could be heard. It flowed underground of Makapu, but here it was above ground. She sat down on a nearby rock and pulled out some bandages from her bag, offering them to Abhay when he came. “We can’t see your parents if your hurt.” She explained. Jakita didn’t know how long it was until they got there, but it was a good idea to clean up now. Rolling up her sleeve and starting to unwrap the bandage on her arm, Jakita watched as each layer revealed more crimson red then the one before it. She took the long strip then and put it in the water, some of the blood seeping out and down the stream. Placing it under a rock so it wouldn’t wash away, Jakita reached into her bag and took out another bandage. Once most of the blood was gone from the bandage, she used it to wash some of the blood on her arm away, wincing as it touched the open wound. Then she replaced it under the rock. Once clean, the cut on her arm didn’t look as bad as it did before. She carefully wound the new bandage around the wound and pulled her sleeve back down. She pulled the other bandage and slung it over the top of her small bag to dry. Standing up, Jakita looked at Abhay and asked, “Ready?” She hoped he cleaned it, but hadn’t been paying attention. She had come up with some excuses for any of the questions he might ask, and was ready to go.
This user is a guest
karanbir
Apr 9, 2007 23:56:57 GMT -6

Post by karanbir on Apr 9, 2007 23:56:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Abhay followed behind Jakita as she ventured off the beaten path. When he had managed to catch up with her she offered him one of the bandages for his leg injury... He grabbed the simple white bandage and watched as she cleaned off her own bandages and wounds... He looked down at his own clothing only to spot a blood stain on his shorts which slowly grew as blood seeped through the wound. If he wanted to treat his wound he would have to remove his shorts... Well its not like anyone would see him...well accept for Jakita but she wouldn't mind... well at least he didn't think she would.

He simply slipped out of them and tossed them to the floor, they landed only a few feet away from where Jakita had been. He was now in his under garnment.... He then made his way over to the small stream and began to clean off his wound. He winced in pain as the water seeped into the wound. He dried it off with his shirt, and then began to wrap the bandage around his leg... When he was done treating his own wounds he turned to Jakita... he noticed the amount of blood which had been soaked into her bandages...

" Jakita... you know... You know I don't care about your past right? So... There is no need for you to worry about what i will say or do if you fire bend... It's not like you wouldn't be the same girl that I have grown to trust in so much." he said as he smiled warmly...

" Now here let me help you dress some of your wounds..."
This user is a guest
indianajane
Apr 16, 2007 18:07:27 GMT -6

Post by indianajane on Apr 16, 2007 18:07:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Jakita waited while he took care of his leg, bracing her heart and mind again to be unfeeling to get through this journey. It went against everything she had been doing for so long. It still shook her mentally when he spoke so kindly to her. In a way, she was alone, plotting against him in her mind. But why would she? Shaking her head, she said, “My wounds are fine. Just, Fire bending irritates them. As long as I don’t bend I will be fine.” Anxious to get on the road now before the Earth Nation Soldiers came, so led the way back to the path. Part of her was grateful for his acceptance of her…abilities. Another part was wondering what was going to go wrong. It felt too perfect. Trying to get these thoughts out of her head, she asked, “So, what is the first thing you are going to do when you get home?” Jakita crossed her arms, regulated her breathing, and got ready for a long walk. She slowed her pace so Abhay would take the lead. “Is there a certain food your mom makes you are looking forward to eating?” Although she was being careful not to let emotion show, inside she was starting to get excited by the thought of meeting parents, going home after so long, being greeted warmly. ‘But it’s not your family.’ She reminded herself coldly. ‘So stop imagining things and…’ Jakita cut off the train of thought and paid attention to what Abhay was saying.
This user is a guest
blink
Apr 16, 2007 18:56:52 GMT -6

Post by blink on Apr 16, 2007 18:56:52 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Heh. See the 'Galgori want you' thread for an explaination of the post below.)

Kraj led the way back into the village, dark features satisfied if tired, boomerangs freshly cleaned after indulging in a small Hunt, the bodies of five Fire Bender scouts buried on the other side of the volcano. It had been easy. Novice Benders vs two Galgori veterans? Not even a contest... Now they had to return to the Inn and see if Taed had recovered yet, prepare offerings for the Oracle to match the one that they had made in blood earlier.

Nenji halted his friend with a gentle touch on the arm, indicating the innkeeper who waited outside the building for them, reading their worried body languge from across the village square. "Something's wrong," he commented tonelessly.

Kraj nodded understanding and strode over to the man, asking the question with his eyes. The man whispered in reply, "The black hawk flew this day, and the six are now five." The simple words were enough to still both Hunters, a chill sadness seeping into their expressions.
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Apr 18, 2007 12:52:44 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Apr 18, 2007 12:52:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: Very small continuity change, Taed will now speak in RoyalBlue. To prevent future questions.

Taed gasped for air as he sat up straight, and backing back down onto the pillow as he bashed his forehead on a beam across the bunk above his body. "Ow! Son of a... where the hell am I..." He untensed his body and breathed a few times as he remembered everything that had happened. The last time he had been in his own body was when they were not yet on the shores of the Earth Kingdom yet, and he had gone to talk with the pirates. In the middle of the fight he had seen Taed Xoa and Keir Sae, and been whisked off to the Fire Nation.

Now he was back, after seeing his counterpart from Keir Sae's temple, Coer Sae, who was involved in an actual Galgori Hunt. And the spirits had told him... they were in Mount Makapu? The guys in the group must have taken turns carrying him. Probably not Zuran, who was too young, but probably Goen even though he was even younger because that was just how Goen was.

As he looked around though, Taed didn't see anyone in the room. Silently he counted on his fingers who should be in the vicinity. "Goen... Etsu... Zuran... Rahara... Zekvax... and Kraj and Nenji." Seven. Taed started to step off the bed, got his foot caught in the sheets, and fell out of the bed instead. Another ouch.

Minutes later the firebending priest emerged from the room, having changed into a set of clothes he found in the armoire of the room, and looked around. Still he saw nobody, but he did remember what his patron spirit had told him. It is critical that I talk to Aunt Wu, he reminded himself. Taed took a few more steps and reached the lobby of the inn, where to his delight he saw the two Galgori. Blood brother, he found himself thinking once again of Kraj. With newfound respect for the ways of the Hunters, he waited to meet their eyes, rather than waving or just walking over and interrupting the conversation with the innkeeper.
This user is a guest
Last edit by roax: Apr 25, 2007 20:19:14 GMT -6