The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Village of Mount Makapu II

taedxoa
Mar 6, 2007 13:30:28 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Mar 6, 2007 13:30:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Goen shook his head seriously, holding the inn door open for her. "This is no good, Etsu," he said, not registering that he had just used Taed's nickname for her. "You've got to get to a cooler place. Nenji said this place was cheap and clean. Sir!" he called to the innkeeper, who bobbed over nursing his right hip was about to begin his 'Welcome!' spiel when Goen put up a hand to silence him.

"We need a room, preferrably somewhere cool with little light. Low to the ground. And though I'll be happy to pay, we are travelling with two Hunters. They say they've frequented your inn often," Goen said brusquely.

The innkeeper looked very confused for a moment. "'Hunters'? Perhaps if they'll be arriving to join you soon, I'll know who you're talking about?" He gave Goen a sidelong glance but Goen wasn't saying anything more. Just in case. "I'll set you up with a room on the ground floor, for four. Pay when you leave, so stay as long as you need. Here's the key," he said, fishing it out of his pocket. "Down that hallway, fourth door on the left. Every room is moderately furnished so I hope you'll find it to your liking."

Goen took the key and bowed low. "Thank you sir. Let's go, Etsuko," he indicated she should go ahead.
This user is a guest
etsuko
Mar 7, 2007 1:39:59 GMT -6

Post by etsuko on Mar 7, 2007 1:39:59 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Seriously, I'm fine." she said in a fake voice, although she knew deep down that this ailment has been bothering her ever since she left the South Pole. Biting her lower lip, she controlled herself from passing out as a stab of nausea engulfed her whole being. Etsuko staggered, stopping to lean against the wooden wall."So much for that..." she thought. Goen would surely know that she was obviously not fine. "Or maybe it's because my cloak is too thick. Afterall, this was meant for winter all year round." she placed a hand against her chest, took a deep breath and closed her eyes to calm herself. "Okay, maybe, you're right..." she replied to Goen with a sheepish smile on her delicate features.
This user is a guest
indianajane
Mar 7, 2007 18:59:17 GMT -6

Post by indianajane on Mar 7, 2007 18:59:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(OOC: Finally I passed! Sorry for the wait Karanbir! In addition, I want to get this moving, so sorry if I GM.)

Jakita was startled from her thoughts when the inn door opened and in stepped Abhay. She lifted her head from where it was resting on her palm, and uncrossed her legs from the bed she was sitting on. Standing up, grabbing her bag and shouldering it, she smiled. “Ready to go?” She asked him. She had sifted through everything in her mind, and now felt like she had a clean slate. It was refreshing, somehow, having everything in her mind, figuratively speaking, sorted into boxes labeled ‘don’t think about,’ ‘happy thoughts,’ ‘bad thoughts,’ and things like that. She had resolved several problems, deciding what to do and now had those filed away. Watching Abhay getting his stuff together and all, she remembered what she had resolved to do. Be less open, for one. She had been regretting traveling with Abhay, meeting him and such, but she looking at him made her forget all about the plan to leave him in the forest. Shifting from one leg to another, Jakita had to drop her bag and clutch at her arm. Somehow, that motion had rubbed it wrong, causing that cut to start bleeding. ‘Great, and I had cleaned that wound!’ She thought grumpily. ‘I’m not dealing with it now.’ Aloud she said, “So, ready to go yet?”
This user is a guest
karanbir
Mar 7, 2007 19:13:29 GMT -6

Post by karanbir on Mar 7, 2007 19:13:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Oh hey your up!" He said with a smile on his face as he walked over to his belongings which where on the floor, and started looking through them making sure he had everything that he would need for the three day trip that the would be embarking on. But as he was sifting through his own belongings he had noticed spots of red all over the floor...

Abhay soon stopped searching through his stuff and looked up at Jakita who seemed to be some what uneasy about something.

"So ready to go yet?" She asked him

"Umm yeah just give me a second..." He said as he then started walking over to her, she was clutching her arm... and the scent of blood seemed to be pouring off of it.

" Your wounded arnt you... thats why their were dirty bandages on the floor this morning... here let me take a look at them... My father taught me how to treat wounds in case i was injured and alone... I have some clean bandages and alcohol in my satchel... Is it alright? If i treat you before we leave?" Abhay asked with a sincere look in his face.

"I don't want you hurting yourself more than you already are..."
This user is a guest
indianajane
Mar 7, 2007 20:07:30 GMT -6

Post by indianajane on Mar 7, 2007 20:07:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Jakita wanted to smack herself. She never even noticed the red spots. Turning away from him, she said, “It’s nothing. Just an old run in.” She should have cleaned up better after herself. ‘It isn’t that bad.’ She told herself. ‘How did he even know?’ Dropping her hand, she continued. “I already took care of it while I was waiting for you. It just stung for a minute.” Slinging her pack onto her back despite the pain, Jakita tossed her room key to Abhay. “We need to return those, and we need to leave if we want to get to your parents house before dark.” Even though she wasn’t even sure how far it was going to be, it was hopefully true. “So, let’s go!” She stepped around him to opens the inn door, and quickly left the room. As she passed two people, one who seemed on the verge of passing out, or perhaps throwing up, maybe both, she kept her head down and her hand on her arm. Walking fast out of the inn, Jakita lifted her head and smiled when she felt a breeze on her face. Although she had been inside for only a short while, it was still nice to be outside in the open. Abhay was returning the keys she assumed, so she rolled up her sleeve to see the bandage. It had a faint red tinge, but it didn’t look like it was bleeding anymore. ‘See Abhay? No need to worry. It is fine!’ She thought, as if he could read her mind. Her stomach growled, but Jakita knew she could go another hour or two without eating. Letting her sleeve fall down before Abhay could even see the bandage or the scar, Jakita watched the people going by to see if any looked worthy of stealing from. It didn’t matter much, since she was leaving, but anybody who might be staying for a while that would be here when she got back.
This user is a guest
karanbir
Mar 8, 2007 19:11:19 GMT -6

Post by karanbir on Mar 8, 2007 19:11:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Jakita wait!" He said as she took off... It was to late now she was already to far to hear him. Abhay looked down into his right hand which was holding the keys to the room which they had rented for the night. Abhay let out a heavy sigh and made his way over to the desk. He waited for the clerk to emerge so he could give him the keys and be gone.

"This is taking to long..." He said after only a few minutes of waiting. He slammed the keys on the hard wood counter and left the Inn. When he had emerged outside the cool feeling of early morning had disappeared and the sun was sitting high in the horizon, making its way toward high noon. Abhay looked around the some what filled streets and managed to quickly spot his companion. He rushed over to her side, his bow which was worn on his back moving to and fro as he made his way to her.

" Hey why did you take off so fast? -sigh- It doesn't matter let's just get going i guess... It is going to be a pretty long trip... three day's at a basic pace on the trail, but we can shave off a day if we take the quick way..." Abhay noticed that she was still holding on to her arm... which meant that it might have still been bleeding, but if she didn't want his help he wouldn't force it upon her. Abhay looked to the exit of the village his left arm holding onto his trusty fishing pole.

"We have to head south west from here... " He said as he began to walk toward the south exit of the village.
This user is a guest
indianajane
Mar 8, 2007 20:59:30 GMT -6

Post by indianajane on Mar 8, 2007 20:59:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

Jakita was grateful he didn’t pursue the matter further. She never needed anyone’s help and she certainly wasn’t going to start now. Following Abhay as he headed out of the village, and glad to be on the way, she ran up to walk beside him, matching his pace. Glancing around, she was still cataloging the worth of people in her mind. “Abhay.” Jakita said suddenly, startling herself, and probably him, out of their thoughts. “What if your parents, I don’t know, aren’t there. Like, what if something happened to them?” She had no idea why, but Jakita had a deep sense of forbearing. Like something was going to go bad. She didn’t want something bad to happen, this seemed to mean so much to Abhay. It would be hard for her to see something bad happen to him. Glancing up at him, and around her, she could see how much smaller then everyone else. No wonder it was easy for her in the trees. “What would you do if something did hurt them Abhay?” Since Jakita couldn’t remember her own parents, she wondered what it would be like. After asking this, Jakita really didn’t want to know the answer. Instead, she turned the conversation to the journey by asking, “Why does it take three days to get there? Are there any barriers or anything making it harder?” Jakita had never really been to the south of town. Most of the rich people came through the entrance closes to Aunt Wu’s.
This user is a guest
karanbir
Mar 11, 2007 21:22:56 GMT -6

Post by karanbir on Mar 11, 2007 21:22:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Something happen to his parents? What could ever happen to them? They lived out in the middle of the wilderness no fire nation soldiers could find them... could they?! No... It would be impossible! Plus what would they want with some poor family anyways? But it was the fire nation he was thinking about... They where known to be ruthless... not caring who they where attacking. If something happened to his family... what would he do?

Abhay's eyes began to fill with anger, and his fist began to tighten, his left hand's grip on his fishing pole began to tighten so much that the material began to groan under the pressure as it began to slightly buckle. His anger almost disappeared when Jakita had asked him a new question.

She wanted to know why it took so long?

"Well we have to cross through the forests, off the beaten path... and we also have to cross a river or two... then theirs the wild animals we will most likely encounter... Platipus-bears...sabertooth mouselions... catgators... yeah thats just a few of the many..."
This user is a guest
blink
Mar 13, 2007 21:17:26 GMT -6

Post by blink on Mar 13, 2007 21:17:26 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Most sorry. Shall we timeskip to the morrow? And time for more agenty goodness...)

Kraj followed the pair of young Benders into the Inn, trusting Nenji to carry the unconsious forms of their new 'kinsman'. Intersting the way life spins... He caught the tail end of Goen's spiel, shaking his head at the ignorant bravado of the youth. He spared a glance for the clerk, making a subtle hand gesture that comunicated the 'clear status' of he and the others to the undercover agent.

The innkeeper's expression lost it's happy mask for a second before recovering with professional speed. This was usual for the low-key outpost. More of a waystation than anything. They didn't even have a 'murder hole' or armory... He didn't react further, as the Hunters continued past and followed the young Benders into the room.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 17, 2007 18:20:21 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 17, 2007 18:20:21 GMT -6

Rukira couldn't believe how long she had been away from home with little results to prove that her leaving home would help her current situation.

When she arrived at the village she saw how vibrate the whole place seemed to be. Though mostly Rukira was lost in thought and thinking many things through. That one image she got back from her forgotten memory had been shoved to the back of her mind with nothing that kept bringing it up. All she thought about was what to do with her life. It seemed that the only thing that kept her from going insane was her bending which she was getting slightly better at.

Well let's see what it is that I could be able to do here. She was just thinking and questioning herself if anything would help her regain what she had already lost.
This user is a former member
roax
Mar 17, 2007 18:23:51 GMT -6

Post by roax on Mar 17, 2007 18:23:51 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Roax walked into Moutn Makapu unsure of what he was doing there. He stared up into the sky as he walked through the village and after a while he felt as if he had someone and when he did he looked down from the sky to see a girl, that seemed older than him, the person he had hit. He looked down to the ground for a few seconds before saying, "sorry about that, I didn't mean to."
This user is a guest
Last edit by roax: Mar 19, 2007 6:36:25 GMT -6
taedxoa
Mar 20, 2007 20:45:05 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Mar 20, 2007 20:45:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: Right, timeshift. Sorry, must have missed it somehow. Let us assume that magically this is also the day of the Challenge (cf: TTFN) ?

Goen woke up the next morning feeling refreshed and curious. The first thing he did was cross to the table on the other side of the room, as quietly as possible since Etusko appeared to still be asleep, and see if Taed was back in his body yet. No such luck. Wherever Taed was, he was still galavanting around as a spirit, hopefully having found some body to communicate through so someone could help him. How long could it take him to get back?

The next thing Goen noticed was the absence of the two Galgori, though the respective beds showed signs that they had been slept in, and they didn't appear to have been gone long. Did bender hunters have sunrise rituals? Ugg. The earthbender shook his head and exited the inn, breathing in the morning mountain air. "Mysti tajia eidaelesi Ai'bi shael calol," he muttered as he stretched his back and neck out, looking down the valley at the rest of the village.
This user is a guest
etsuko
Mar 22, 2007 7:56:47 GMT -6

Post by etsuko on Mar 22, 2007 7:56:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

ooc; It would be appreciated if some explanation would be given...What is the day of the Challenge? ???

The first rays of the sun filtered through the window of the room where the young Waterbender lay, resting in silence, taking calm, deep breaths as thoughts raced through her mind for the week's past events. Opening her eyes, Etsuko lay there for a moment, letting her mind drift away from her slumber before sitting up and sighing quietly. The whole room was empty. It seemed she was the last to get up.

"Do I really sleep that long?" she wondered, setting her feet down onto the wooden floor. She wandered over to the bronze mirror that stood on the dresser, briefly tidying her hair before tying the laces of her shoes and heading for the door. Etsuko stepped out of the inn, just as a gust of a cold, morning breeze blew against her face, and messing up her hair once again. Her shoes made audible noises on the rocky ground as she stood in an area where no buildings obstructed her view, and sat down on the warm grass.
Etsuko absent-mindedly twisted a tuft of greenery, staring down at ground as thoughts began to race sift into her confused mind once again.

"Taed...where are you?"
This user is a guest
Last edit by roax: Mar 22, 2007 8:00:43 GMT -6
taedxoa
Mar 22, 2007 13:38:54 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Mar 22, 2007 13:38:54 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: That was why I put "cf: TTFN". It's actually a note for Halaku's benefit, the Challenge is going on there in a separate story we have.

Goen turned around as he noticed Etsu stepping out beyond him, in the other direction, onto the sunlit lawn. She seemed to be doing better than the previous afternoon, but he didn't want to bother her and go check. Perhaps I should go down to Aunt Wu's, and see if that's where Nenji and Kraj have gone, he found himself thinking. Or maybe she could tell me where Taed is... that would be really helpful. He's got to get back here. He's been gone forever.

A young girl went skipping by but stopped at the sight of Goen. Goen gave her a curious look; Meng cocked her head and walked up to him. "How old are you?" she asked, getting up in his face.

"Uh... uh... sixteen..." Goen stammered.

"Ooo... an older maaan..." she clasped her hands and sighed dreamily.

Goen stepped away. "Right. Uh... uhm... I'm looking for Aunt Wu."

"Oh perfect!" Meng clapped her hands. "I work for her! Follow me!" She grabbed Goen's hand and pulled the stocky teenager as she ran down the hill toward the village square; it was a hilarious sight for anyone who could see it.
This user is a guest
etsuko
Mar 23, 2007 6:10:10 GMT -6

Post by etsuko on Mar 23, 2007 6:10:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Looking up from her daydream, she noticed Goen on the other side, probably also thinking about Taed. Everyone seemed so worried for him, and Etsuko could not help but get a nagging feeling that he...may not even return at all. Taking a deep breath, she cleared it from her mind, but it was too possessive; every now and then, she managed to find it inside her scattered thoughts, drifting among them, driving her mad with need to know the truth. If only someone knew where he was.

"I work for her! Follow me!"

Turning around, she noticed a young girl speaking to Goen, then taking his hand and leading him away from the area. Curious, Etsuko stood up and followed them, wondering where the girl will lead them to.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 26, 2007 13:52:51 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 26, 2007 13:52:51 GMT -6

Rukira just crossed her arms and said "It's no big deal I wasn't watching where I was going either..." This guy looked younger than her by a few years and looked like an earth bender since Rukira could always for some odd reason tell who was an earth bender or not.

"Anyway I'm Rukira...mostly I'm just trying to go see different places in the Earth Kingdom..." Rukira then thought about what she was going to do here...she hadn't earth bended in such a long time that it was somewhat getting to her. She still was amazed more like questioning as to why someone would build a village right under a volcano. That seems to be a very stupid idea...oh well I'm just passing through...

It was odd that this place had a fortune teller which didn't at all interest Rukira at all I need help with the past not my future...
roax
Mar 26, 2007 14:20:11 GMT -6

Post by roax on Mar 26, 2007 14:20:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OKay then Roax replied, a bit happier knowing that it wasn't completly his fault. He looked down to the ground again as he listened to Rukira introduction and after a few seconds, he looked up and said "my names Roax, I'm traveling around the Earth Kingdom myself." Roax then was unsure what to say so he stopped himself from saying anything more and waited for a reply from Rukira. I wonder what she's doing here Roax thought.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 26, 2007 14:39:33 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 26, 2007 14:39:33 GMT -6

"Oh so you are just wondering around too some what. That's ok a guess" She said as Rukira Shrugged her shoulders.

"Well...you seem kind of young to be traveling by yourself...it's not really all that good turst me when I was your age not too long ago I'm not that old...anyway I did get myself pretty beaten up and I'm still suffering from it."

Rukira didn't want to blab out the fact that she had lost her memory and had just one thing back that she was trying to get rid of anyway. "Don't tell me that you are one of those people that come here just to get their fortune told to them...it seems some what fake and just made up if you ask me...though I guess I could use your help since I know nothing about the Earth Kingdom as far as places go maybe you could tell where one or two of them are since mostly I'm just roaming around here."
roax
Mar 26, 2007 14:46:10 GMT -6

Post by roax on Mar 26, 2007 14:46:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Well what else do I have nothing else to do with ym free time, so this is what I just do, considering I have nothing to do" Roax said calmly. When he heard that Rukira had gotten hurt bad, he felt a bit sad for her, but didn't say anything, not wanting to go into Rukira's past. He continued to listen and when Rukira stopped he said, "no I'm not, I just came here to see what it was like, and now I know it's not that intresting. Well for one thing RUkira, one place you don't want to go is Ba-Sing-Se, it's one of the worst places you can go."
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 26, 2007 15:13:40 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 26, 2007 15:13:40 GMT -6

"Yeah I've heard the same...something like everyone basically lives right ontop of each other and if you are not rich it's not the best place to be...I know it's the capital but mostly I find it odd how people can live like that." She then looked over at the volcano still wondering why someone would decided that it would be ok to build a place like this.

"I agree though that this place isn't all that great...mostly for show but it was near by so I really didn't care...so you just came out here because you were bored? Mostly I just came out here since I was sick of being home and getting nothing done...so you are traveling alone and so am I what do you say about as traveling together for a bit before we split paths."