The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Earth Kingdom Waters II

kitahikaru
Oct 11, 2006 13:55:14 GMT -6

Post by kitahikaru on Oct 11, 2006 13:55:14 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kita sat there, staring at the sun rising. She felt the pain in her knee worsen, but it couldn't be helped. Her Healing gifts weren't as strong as her mother's, but her Waterbending was better. She watched as the Fire Navy ships began to change their course.

So they weren't coming after me.

Kita stood up and began to limp towards a group of trees where her makeshift home was. She laid herself back onto her rolled-up sleeping bag and propped her leg up. She couldn't believe she had did this to herself. She should've known better than to Waterbend with the Fire Nation right on the Earth Kingdom's shores! She should have punished herself in some way.

"Kita, you are an idiot, you know that?" she mumbled to herself, picking up a necklace that shimmered in the sunlight that was shining into the tent. It was in the shape of a tear, the crystal was, but it was actually a bottle with Southern water in it. Her father had used his Waterbending powers to make it and encase the water inside. "I doubt this'll work."

Kita slammed it against the ground, but there wasn't any shattering. The crystal hadn't broke. She looked at it with curiousity. Her father must have put something around it to keep it protected.

He really knows me well, doesn't he?
This user is a guest
dereni
Oct 11, 2006 15:16:22 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Oct 11, 2006 15:16:22 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Deri nodded and sat in the chair again as Toru left. Her eyes scanned the ship, looking for anything to do. She leaned back crossing her legs and lacing her fingers. Mihara's cold voice crept back into her mind, 'You are more Fire Nation than you know.' Deri bit her bottom lip and sat up straight, trying to shake the voice away. She didn't want to get angry now of all times. Her hands rubbed the back of her neck calming her down a little. 'I am not letting her ruin another day of mt life!' Her thoughts vowed.
This user is a guest
jiang
Oct 11, 2006 16:16:02 GMT -6

Post by jiang on Oct 11, 2006 16:16:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Shao and his men had stripped themselves of their fire nation clothes while they were here and disguised the ship as one large merchant ship. Shao saw Di-Jei leaving the ship and ran up to him with and ostrich-horse. "Hey Di-Jei. Here have this. This is for sailing with us and helping out. Catch you around." Shao handed Di-Jei the reines for the ostrich horse.
This user is a guest
waterbender525
Oct 11, 2006 16:28:11 GMT -6

Post by waterbender525 on Oct 11, 2006 16:28:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Toru bended some of the water from the sea to this large bowl. He put it in his arms and carried it to his room. The bowl was about as big as a good sized boulder so it was pretty hard to carry. Toru laid it on the floor and started bending the water in it. First making tiny little ripples and then into a very small whirlpool. He got up and froze the water to ice. He walked to the back of the boat and watched the waves that the ship created.
This user is a guest
dereni
Oct 11, 2006 17:56:52 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Oct 11, 2006 17:56:52 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Deri stood up from the comfortable chair and paced herself to the meeting room with two stories. She pranced up the steps and leaned over a metal bar that showed all the room. Deri smirked and climbed onto the bar and sat down. She was off balance and had a feeling she was going to fall and held the bar tighter until her knuckles and fingers were white. Deri started to hum a random tune.
This user is a guest
waterbender525
Oct 11, 2006 18:15:07 GMT -6

Post by waterbender525 on Oct 11, 2006 18:15:07 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Toru turned around after he heard footsteps. Better check if Ren's awake He walked down the stairs and saw Ren in the kitchen. Slowly he began walking toward Ren.
This user is a guest
dereni
Oct 11, 2006 18:34:59 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Oct 11, 2006 18:34:59 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Deri looked down and smiled softly. As quietly as she could, she slipped off the bar landing soundlessly onto the metal floor. Deri spun on her heel and looked at a door behind her. She wasted no time running through it and stepping out into the bright sun. The girl was on another ledge looking down at the front of the ship. Deri sighed and leaned against the metal wall and looked out at sea.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Oct 12, 2006 8:34:13 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 12, 2006 8:34:13 GMT -6

Di-Jei took the reines. "Thanks. I have to get to Ba Sing Se. I must leave you." He mounted the Ostrich-horse. I think I should stop to New Ozai. I'm in the southern Earth Kingdom. If I want to reach Ba Sing Se, I must go North and North from here is New Ozai. Well, it'll be the first point I need to reach. He started to ride his Ostrich-horse.
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Oct 12, 2006 10:44:49 GMT -6
waterbender525
Oct 12, 2006 14:00:13 GMT -6

Post by waterbender525 on Oct 12, 2006 14:00:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Toru stopped mid step and looked back. I feel this trip's going to be very silent, I want to talk to Deri. He walked back up the stairs and saw Deri looking out to sea. He crept up to her and put his hand on her shoulder.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Oct 12, 2006 14:11:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 12, 2006 14:11:44 GMT -6

A deep inhale and exhale escaped the young waterbender’s mouth as he stared off into the horizon. It would take quite some time before they found the ship and it would probably take even longer to get near the ship without being spotted. Truly this was a test of everyone’s skill and they would have to be stealthy in order to get in.

The humid air billowed with strength into Shio’s eyes. After a few minutes of squinting the waterbender was able to see the effigy of what appeared to be a ship out in the distance.

Could that be them? Shio thought as he tried to concentrate on the site.

“Hey!” He shouted hoping to get some attention, “What about that?” he added as he pointed in the direction of the effigy of a ship.
This user is a former member
dereni
Oct 12, 2006 14:33:50 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Oct 12, 2006 14:33:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Deri gasped and jumped at once. She spun around to see Toru. A reliefed sigh yelped, "You scared me!" Deri relaxed and said in a calmer more sarcastic tone, "Where did you come from? Out of the shadows, I assume?" She smiled and leaned against the bar again.
This user is a guest
ace2766
Oct 12, 2006 15:24:44 GMT -6

Post by ace2766 on Oct 12, 2006 15:24:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Joufuma looked up at the man as the scent of the other ship hit his nose. Aye, that's them. I smell the blood. Fresh too, but not postmortem. They've beaten the captain, but he's still alive. He conjured up a a mental image of all that had happened, then sent it to Keilani, asking out loud, Will you help?
She smiled a feral grin. She had been fooled, and she was about to let all her anger loose. Absolutely.
This user is a guest
kitahikaru
Oct 12, 2006 15:30:13 GMT -6

Post by kitahikaru on Oct 12, 2006 15:30:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kita sighed, holding her knee carefully. It was starting to bruise. She cursed herself for Healing her own wounds when she couldn't even heal others. She stood up slowly, but fell back down against her rolled-up sleeping bag.

"Unagi..." she muttered in her own way of a curse word. "I hate myself for this. I really do!"

Kita put pressure onto her knee, and she felt a snap. She cringed. THAT didn't sound too good. She stood up very slowly this time, and started to walk out of her make-shift tent. She could walk perfectly. Amazing how a simple bit of pressure can help with the worst of pain. She smiled at herself, looking about the landscape.

"I wish someone I knew would come by, but that's highly doubtful," Kita muttered to herself, now sitting down and hugging her legs to her chest. "Traveling alone is so lonely. I need someone so badly."
This user is a guest
waterbender525
Oct 12, 2006 16:28:21 GMT -6

Post by waterbender525 on Oct 12, 2006 16:28:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Hah, I wish." Toru slung his arms over the rail next to Deri. "I hope im not annoying, its just that I have an odd feeling this trip is going to be awkward and silent." He looked across the water and sighed.
This user is a guest
dereni
Oct 12, 2006 17:14:23 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Oct 12, 2006 17:14:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Deri shook her head and looked at the sun reflecting off the ocean and said, "You're not annoying. Far from it if you ask me. And if you don't want it to be awkward and silent. Just talk to someone." She tucked her hair behind her ears and smiled at Toru then asked,"Why do you think it would be awkward?"
This user is a guest
waterbender525
Oct 12, 2006 18:02:04 GMT -6

Post by waterbender525 on Oct 12, 2006 18:02:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Just a feeling I guess, I'm still working up the courage to go talk to Ren." Toru looked down and realized his mistake. "Not that he's hard to talk to. It's just easier to talk to you." Toru played with the water that they left behind.
This user is a guest
dereni
Oct 12, 2006 19:29:43 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Oct 12, 2006 19:29:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Deri giggled and said uncertain, "Thanks. And I get what you mean, I think. Talking to someone you've never actually met before." She looked at him waterbending with great intrest. "That's cool." Deri said looking at the water. She looked back up at Toru and then at the ocean again twisting her hair around her finger.
This user is a guest
waterbender525
Oct 12, 2006 19:33:19 GMT -6

Post by waterbender525 on Oct 12, 2006 19:33:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Toru felt embarrased. What am I doing?. He stopped talking and concentrated more on bending. "Its too bad that you can't bend here. I hate how waterbending needs to be near water and I bet you hate how you have to have a source too. Air and fire seem so... easy." Toru turned around.
This user is a guest
dereni
Oct 12, 2006 20:11:33 GMT -6

Post by dereni on Oct 12, 2006 20:11:33 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Deri nodded and stopped twirling her hair, she looked back over at Toru smiling. "Yeah, I do. But luckily for you we are surrounded by water." She watched his bending trying to wonder if it would be possible to use any of those moves in earthbending. An idea sprung to her mind and she snapped. "If ice and sand can do each others moves, don't you think air and fire could also? Like an ice boulder, sand whip, fire scooter, airball?" Deri felt her cheeks get hot and she chuckled nervously, "Kinda weird for thinking that though..." Her voice trailed off and she ripped her gaze from the waterbending back to the sky.
This user is a guest
blink
Oct 13, 2006 16:57:21 GMT -6

Post by blink on Oct 13, 2006 16:57:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Okay, then. Here we go. If one of you would be kind enough to RP the Evil Pirate's Reaction...)

Kraj needed no more confirmation than that. If this was the target, it was time to act. End this this affair. The dark Hunter sounded the steam whistle in two long blasts, the prearranged signals to begin the manuver. He pulled on his gloves, checked his restocked body weapons and harness, and set the ship to maximum acceleration for the other ship. A chill smile danced on his lips.
This user is a guest